(2011) 2011 Brides

sapphire05

Hi Michelle, I thought it would be troublesome to engage a JB BS but the price is really 50% off and their photos nowadays are very pretty actually.

pinkglove

Hi all =)

Kemi- Me also Mplus size leh. I can never be thin lo, only how much I can lose. Initially thinking next yr june wanna take bridal shots but confirm cannot slim down in time for me cos i easily put on weight..

The rest - Anyone of you thinking of going overseas to take photoshots? I'm thinking of it but it's so ex I wonder if it's wise to spend my $ on this or save the $ for furnitures & banquet...

sapphire05

Hi PinkGlove, I think it will be expensive to have it overseas.. so Im thinking of just engaging a good photographer for both outdoor & indoor for my photoshoots.

sapphire05

Hi Ann,

Did you do any BS shopping before signing up with FRench? What makes you sign up with them?

Hi Liting,
Where is Bridal De Couture?

Ive not sign up with any BS nor prepare anything yet... thought it's still early now since 2011 is 2 year away. Should I start checking out? Hmmm....

goddesslolli

sapphire- at the moment we have shortlisted holiday inn park view for hotels,peony jade for restaurant. i got my auspicious dates already. So my wedding should be in feb, though i like 11/11/11 also.. but it's too far liao.. i dunwan wait so long.. hehee..

www.13sept.wordpress.com ->my wedding blogto share information.=)

styleinyou

Hi Joanie,

OMG your blog is amazing so detailed...
Ok think i be able to update you as I been to Peony Jade & be attending Holiday Inn Park View in Sept.

Personally feelings "Peony - the stage area is really small thus make it unpleasant to ask families & friends to be on stage. The price is very reasonable, food is not bad, toilet area is quite nice."

If want looking for restaurant, think I would recommend "XXX" Civil Service @ Bukit Batok. The setup is classic & cosy felt as if you are inside a ballroom. Carpark is just located within the bldg while Peony is located @ Liang Court. Walking distance is quite far as I got no idea which direction to move towards.

Happened to passby this White Rabbit Restaurant, heard from frens that this place is cool & deco. is real nice. You can check it out
happy.gif

styleinyou

All PL owners,

Pls take a look at the PL forum as its now aldy at level 2. Looks like we got to prepare our wedding to be rushed.
Anything beyond 2011 its impossible.

babymarian

Hello everyone
happy.gif

Congratulations to all the lovely brides here!!

I am a 15th of January 2011 Bride. I will be holding my holy matrimony and banquet in Shangri-la. I am still deciding between Silhouette and Tan Yoong for my wedding and evening gowns.

tan_ann

Hi Sapphire,
I went to GHA, Fame brial and PM before i select french.. for the package detail is abt the same I sign up woth french last year 2008 at suntec fair, i feel quite comfortable with my cooridator and i like thier gowns..

pinkglove

Ya! I saw the PL pictures, very excited! They are working so fast! But I'm afraid i may just get blocked at my level lo.. sianz..
Joanie, I like your blog pics of holiday inn & furama, very detailed and helpful =)

Welcome Marian and congratulations =) Glad you already have the main venues confirmed.

sapphire05

Hi Joanie, my partner & I would be taking Changi Village Hotel (most likely). Think they are open for booking in the first quarter of 2010, which we will go down to pay the deposit.

Thanks for sharing your wedding blog.. I shall take a look
happy.gif

sapphire05

Hi Liting, really? You think I should start looking for a BS now?

My partner is working overseas, so if I have to start looking for one now... Means I have to check out on my own.

goddesslolli

thanks ppl. Hope it is useful for all btb for preparation. I have more pics but lazy to update. Haha. Anyone have weddin blogs to share too? I quite like changi village hotel too but abit too far for me already and most of my relatives dun drive.

Siy- i will check out white rabbit restaurant. Such a cute name! Hahha!!

Btw wat is PL?

baby_luv

I wanted to start my wedding blog also..but have been delaying it due to lazyness.

Siy - Both of your choice of location (Holiday Inn Park View & Peony jade) is my choices as well!! I also shortlisted Furama Riverfront and Novotel. What do you all think about it?

Joanie - I think you are also at the other thread and i mention to you that your blog provide me with a lot of information..haha. FYI, PL is Parc Lumiere, the DBSS at Tampines.

babymarian

Hello Pinkglove
happy.gif

Thank you very much!

Hello Sapphire05
happy.gif

hehehe...my dad chose the venue...and my mom is helping me to choose the dresses...

pinkglove

Hehe, PL is Parc Lumiere,DBSS at simei & The Premiere is DBSS at tamp =)
i also wanted to start wedding blog, but started my first blog entry den pause for a while liao, really need efforts to maintain..

goddesslolli

Michelle, actually Furama Riverfront (mercury) topped out list, we love the ballroom until we saw the big pillars.. and my SO canceled off from our list. The package is really comprehensive, very good among all the other hotels. You can check with the coordinator, cos my SO told me, that they actually allow us to book earlier to lock the price. But i cant confirm this cos it's only verbal information.

My SO like Novotel but cos we attended wedding there before, so i actually hope for a different venue. I got photos of Novotel... Will post on my blog when i am free.

Pinkglove- thanks for explaining whats PL.. i've no luck with BTO and still trying =(

Siy- Does White Rabbit Restaurant have banquet? the website looks cool but i think it's more like alfresco kind? Maybe more for ROM. =)

babypie33

hi ladies

im a 23rd Jan BTB here!!! glad that this thread is so active! I have already signed up with Silhouette for my gowns. But I shortlist SG bridal house for my PS.

Any1 managed to booked hotel?

sapphire05

Joanie, White Rabbit is located at Dempsey, it is more for the angmoh kind of wedding but not suitable as those sit down chinese wedding dinner type.

sapphire05

Hi Baby Pie, SG bridal house is purely for photoshoots?

If you dont mind, can you share your package with Silhouette with me? Perhaps I can pm you my email address and you email me?

tan_ann

Hi Sapphire, FB offter me either WE or EW is MTM.. but i will be taking OTR gowns.. i have my my ROM gown MTM, feel tired to search for design..

styleinyou

Hi Michelle,

White rabbit is not my choice, actually just purely comments for Joanie to reference.

Hotel wise - My HTB will choose cos' he's in the industry thus if he decide to shift job to another hotel then my venue will also shift. But till date we got nothig done yet. Dates not calculated cos he's not a local & do not know his birth time
sad.gif

We also might change to other venue cos the current choice is Grand Plaza Park @ City Hall. Think the tables may not be sufficient for me. Then will need to see a bigger ballroom & there's where my headache come.

babymarian

Hello Baby Pie
happy.gif

I am considering Silhouette for my wedding gowns. Minda helped me at Silhouette. I love their tulle gowns...hehehe...

Hello Sapphire05
happy.gif

They are giving a lot of advice for the wedding but the final decision is still mine. However, they are the ones sponsoring my wedding. So I thought it would be nice to follow their wishes. Of course I have to be happy with the decision too...hehehe...

babymarian

Hello Ann
happy.gif

I didn't calculate my wedding dates...however my mom referred to the "Huang Li" calendar to see which date is auspicious for a marriage.

styleinyou

Hi Ann,

You can try the Master Tong (in Singapore Brides). Got a close fren of mine use him & she say he's quite ok.

Then she also recommend me this Long Shi Fu @ 90675008. Think you sms him ur details & then he prepare a 3 yrs dates for you. Charges are:$100.

As I mentioned I don't have the birth-time for my HTB so I'm sitting on this whole issue now without progress
sad.gif

sapphire05

Hi Ann, I see..
happy.gif
I also think I will take OTR, coz I dont think I know what I want if I take MTM ... heee

Nope, my partner & I didnt calculate anything for our AD. We decided our AD to be on 11/11 coz we are having our ROM on 11/11 this year.

styleinyou

I keep asking my HTB to inform my mum before we start any preparation. He felt its not easy task. Since mum is aware that we bought PL then he say not an issue wat.

But i still feel its just right to do so, any comments?

sapphire05

Hi Siy, how many tables would you be increasing to? Think it's a headache when it comes to tables & seating arrangemnt. Good that you are now preparing it earlier.. imagine the headache if AD is much more earlier?

sapphire05

Hi Siy, my partner & I are doing alot of things 'behind the scene'... Mainly also coz he is not in town so we are preparing first .. Kiasu sporeans...

tan_ann

Hi, Marian, icic.. Thanks

Hi Siy,
i have let Master Tong calculate the dates.. He calculate 2010 dun hv a good dates for me and HB tat wise i choose 2011 mar ... But my FIW hope we can hv our AD next yr.. so headache..

goddesslolli

im surprised tat this thread suddenly become so active and fastmoving. Haha!! All no need to work ar? I've engaged master tong for dates. He is very friendly, detailed and patience.
Siy, maybe u can seek their advise if ur htb dun have birth timing.. What shud u do.. I am sure they will be able to help u. Master tong is quite prompt in replying, can refer to sgbrides thread for him too.

styleinyou

Discussion Forum For The Singapore> Wedding Bridal Boutiques and Services> 2 Wedding Gowns during Banquet March-in?

Chk e above link out cos I didnt realised that there is so much to consider during AD. Think its kindof good info. before u sign up any BS.

pinkglove

Hi Ann,
So the whole of 2010 is not good for u? I'm actually worried about going to the masters to calculate dates then end up must get married in a diff yr i initially wanted so still debating whether to go or not...
and some more I already have some dates which I wanted to get married on.. dunno whether i should still go calculate or not