(2011) 2011 Brides

pinkglove

btw, can book already for oct 2011 ah? I thought they are not available for booking yet.. will u get to enjoy e same price then? but the perks for the wedding show was only valid for that day right.

huiyun84

thats y i say still discussing mah..hehe..
happy.gif
prices not sure leh..but we like the location..;)

babypie33

pinkglove> thanks for the information. my friends all did not lost any money as their parents returned them the AB. but unfortunately, there is no room for discussion for my parent, thus expecting to lose quite a bit.

pinkglove

oh.. u pointed out a very valid point... mayb they didn't incluude this.. I haven discuss this with my parents as well.. i think this can come up to quite a big sum if they dun return.

babypie33

ya loh... mine also abt 8k direct loss. so pinkglove, better discuss with ur parents nicely. coz mine ended up very ugly.

thus actually im dreading the AD.
sad.gif

pinkglove

oh dear baby pie... try not to let this affect your mood for AD preparations bah... try think along the line that $ can still be earn back and u must look fwd to ur big day cos we gonna be pretty brides =) (though i know it's not easy, i can't imagine an 8k loss.. im so nervous thinking of discussing with my parents now.. *cross my fingers)

babypie33

dun be too affect by my episode. mine is definitely different from urs coz my relationship with my parents is not good. all of my friends have good/peaceful discussion with their parents.

i am still looking forward for it. waiting for next yr to go gown selection!!! hahaha

nwatson

HI Gina,

Do keep me updated on that PS in Australia. I am very keen on it. So far, have you seen the gowns and the photography?

Let me know!

vtecjai

I've a bridal package to let go. The reason was me & my hubby decided to go to Taiwan for pre-wedding photoshoot. So there is no point for us to have/keep another bridal package.

The package worth $3388; deposit paid $1500 and we're letting go at $2988 (still negotiable). We're willing to let go at reasonable & negotiable price.

Our package contains 1 wedding gown (MTM), 15R album with 30pages/poses indoor+outdoor (include 6pcs FOC metalic) magazine-style hot-press, ...

for more details, pls email [email protected],[email protected]

disneybaby

Hi peeps,

My SO n I are initially looking for 2010 year end weekend dates, but after looking at the forums, I think we got no hope for 2010 le. Currently looking at 2011, but no specific month.

Looking at Orchard Parade Hotel but worried we do not have enuff tables for the Antica Ballroom.

Another option is holiday inn park view Orchid room. Does anyone have any pics to share for the Orchid Ballroom in Holiday inn park view?

rebeana

Hi Princess

Same here.. Initially wanted to be end of 2010 but all the dates are booked.. So we have confirmed ours in 2011 Jan at Grand Copthorne..

What to do next hur? Look for BS? Seriously, I have no idea what to look for in good BS and how to negiotiate..

whereding

Hi Hamlet,

Yes, I made an appointment with Secret Heaven for this sunday 4 Oct to take a look at their work and the gowns. I planning to go for the shoot in April next year. I think is good to have another gown for the shoot instead of using my Actual wedding day gown. Cause I afraid that I might dirty it.

So, you also going to Australia for shoot? recently, checking out the air ticket, price reduced. Should be affordable to plan our PS there and also pre-honeymoon. Hee. heee....
happy.gif

A bit indecisive in term of location, do you have any suggestion?

purple_l0ve

hello ladies! 1st time posting here! We are looking at year 2011 to hold our weddin dinner but yet to settle a date cause wanna wait for our flat to be ready for move in before we hold our dinner.. =)

goddesslolli

Some of the hotels have opened booking for first quarter of 2011.. I guess by this month or next, most hotel will have rates for 2011 ready. =)

purplebottle

Hi Fiona, you mean you've booked your AD already?
I'm looking at the end of 2011 and when I checked last month, the hotels mentioned that booking will not be opened till 2010 first quarter.

pinkglove

Welcome all =)

Siy - thanks for the info, know you are super busy now and yet still trying to update the stuff for us. Hang in there =)

purplebottle - Some hotels are opened for bookings, e.g. till Mar 2011, and some are not. It really depends on where you are looking at. =)

purplebottle

pinkglove - Oh, I thought the hotels are opened for booking for the whole year of 2011 =) Thanks anyway!

I read that you're shortlisting TWP and Silhouette for your BS? I'm looking at these two as well!

pinkglove

I haven gone into gown shopping yet.. but i intend to drop by twp, sil and allux and many more.. hehe.. dunno if i've the stamina to go so many or not. So you starting ur gown searching alredy?

purplebottle

I went to TWP, Silhouette and My Bridal Room to check out the packages they have and got to try on a few dresses =) I think I'll start my gown search next June since my AD is end of 2011.

The only thing I'll confirm by this year will be my ring. I don't know if I'm being kiasu by checking out the BS/Hotels so early actually. Hehe!

pinkglove

Oh, how's My Bridal Room?
It's always better to prepare early than late! Oh, u mean choosing ur proposal ring? I prefer surprises but I hope I'll get my ring soon too!

purplebottle

pinkglove: The girl who attended to me at MBR was very nice, not pushy at all. She didn't let me try on any dresses though (bc it was a Sat) and she only showed me fewer than 10 gowns hanging on the rack. However, she did mention that they can MTM anything as long as I show the designer what I want. MTM package price was about 4k+.

Yeah, the proposal ring. I told bf that I don't want any surprises so I'm going along to choose it. Hope you'll get yours soon too =)

Fiona: Maybe it's because yours is early 2011 but mine is end 2011 =)

styleinyou

Hi All,

Finally....i got to spare some time in here
happy.gif

Been to the Sherton Towers Wedding Ritz show today. However, they are not opened for the 2011. The lady mentioned they may start Dec'09 for 2011 bookings. Price tend to be estimate of additional $60 per table.

Anyway, although the show's MC was Class 95 FD, but then seems like the 14 lucky draw was very cheapo eg. FOC FootSpa, F&B Voucher, Free Geomancy service. Then the invitation card stated "Stand a chance to win Best Dressed Couple" but they just got away with this prize at all. Anyway, their perks on wedding show not too attractive at all. Payment by UOB - F.O.C. 2nd night stay, 6 bottles wine, Chox Tart for all guests, 2nd barrel beer.

2010 Package (1/1/10 - 31/12/10)*per table:12pax
Mon - Thur: $988++
Fri,Sun,PH: $1148++
Sat & Eve of PH: $1188++
Wkdays - min. 25 table; Wkend - 30 table
++ 10% GST & service charge apply

The BS fashion by SIL was quite ok. Package offered was $3,880 (valid till 30 Oct'09):-

Bride: OTR WG & EG (rental)
Groom: MTM suit (keep) jacky & pants

1x Trial Make-up, 1x AD
1x flower bouquet for AD
6x corsages
1x bridal car deco.
8x ribbon

styleinyou

Let me now update on the back-dated Shang (can offer till Mar '2011):-

Mon - Thur: $1,088++
min.(Tower Ball-30 table; Island Ball-50 tables)

Fri,Sat, Eve & PH: $1,138++
min.(Tower Ball-35 table; Island Ball-55 tables)

goddesslolli

Hey Muji! Really?? So coincident! It's our most auspicious date chosen by Master Tong. =)

I've booked my venue at Grand Park City Hall. How about you? How's preparation so far?

pinkglove

hi Siy, thanks for the info =)

Sheraton's lucky draw prizes really doesn't seem as attractive.. I manage to get a free photo montage service in the lucky draw when i went for park royal show couple of weeks back which I felt is quite useful.

muji

Oh Joaine, mine is picked by Master Tong too! We have not sourced for the hotel yet. Shortlisted a few but we are still deciding on whether to have lunch or dinner. Can you share with me the Park Hotel package?

I am holding my ROM this Dec so preparations are already done, just counting down now..As for our AD, photography n MUA are done, nothing for the rest yet! Oh, I'm going ala-carte, so everything has to be seen to myself.. Exciting but tiring..

Yeah!! Then we can support each other along the way to our Big Day!
happy.gif

goddesslolli

Wow!! That's fast. I might go ala carte for my AD also but i've not done anything yet. haha!

I tried to PM you but your PM is off. BTW, do you mean Park Hotel at Clark Quay? if so, they doesn't hold wedding banquet. =)

muji

Ha, coz we are having the same photographer and MUA for both ROM and AD..I am going to the Mandarin Oriental wedding showcase, hope they are open for 2011..

I shall go try to figure out how to turn my PM on..
happy.gif

purplebottle

mujiadventure: Did you receive any confirmation from Mandarin Oriental? I signed up for the wedding showcase as well but didn't receive any notification that they've received my reservation.

bibao

Purple- Mandarian oriental de wedding show, when u signed up, click submit, it actually state tat there wont be any email notification, its consider ur register liao. cos i also signed up liao.. =)

pinkglove

Yupz, I also sign up for Mandarin Oriental showcase, didn't receive email too but its considered registered liao. =)