(2011/12) Dec 2011 BTB

pantieileen

i have a personal album taken by friends and colleagues randomly but all using point and shoot camera so not that professional on lighting etc...so thinking about it. But abit hard to get my bf to slim down so just wondering if anyone else taking. Coz my PG said she'll take for me free since she'll be my photo slave for 1 entire week. Cannot be wearing the white gown entire week so i thought, give it a change, wear something less instead.

little_bobdog

Post Wedding Sales:
1) La Cabane De Vignes Bordeaux Red Wine
Product of France
- 10 bottles
- $18.99 per bottle

2) Hardy Shiraz
- 1 bottle
- $16.99 per bottle

3) Hardy Melot
- 1 bottle
- $16.99 per bottle

4) Prosecco Veneto Itarian Champagne
- 9 bottles
- $11.99 per bottle

If you buy all, further discount is available.

Interested, please kindly email to [email protected].

Thanks.

amanda75

Hi Gals,
How many of you already took your PS? I am having mine this Sunday and following Monday..
What do i have to prepare? Please advise =)

pantieileen

@Amanda, actually it's quite fun doing the photoshoot but i don't know about Singapore coz i was a tourist and the place where i did mine, people hack care even if i stood on a road in the middle of the street intersection. But i didn't like doing the clique kiss or intimate scenes in front of the camera...i look into my bf eyes like "ok, you got big pore here there...got mole here and there, one eye big one eye small"

jlteo

Hi all brides to be,

Are you paying for ur bridesmaid dress? Is it a norm that the bride pay for the dress?

smilem

i din pay for my jiemei dress. jz told them to wear pink.. tat all.. coz some of them dun like to wear skirt / dres.... so design .. they go select themseleves... morning is hot... let them wear casual..

I bought the jiemei dresses for them....
happy.gif

jlteo

Joanna: where did u get ur jiemei dress? I am planning to tailor make the dress, not sure where to get affordable ones. Planning to get from Love potion at far east. Any other recommendation?

When is the reasonable date to send out the invitations? Has your hotel call you to collect the invitation card from them?

evanthlyn

Joanna: I just set the normal FB event. Very useful. And I set it to private so those not invited will not get to see if not very paiseh

evanthlyn

Wedding is december but still so many things have not done yet. And I have no idea GDL how to settle eh. You girls getting red umbrella for the morning and the comb for the traditional procedure?

preciousgal

eve: facebook event where? can guide me?

JL: haven buy yet wor.. but already told them i am sponsoring them hehe =)

can i ask u all right now u all sttle what le? PS,BS,PG,VG,wedding band?

Solemisation leh? Any good JP to recommend?

evanthlyn

Joanna: you go to FB, click on event. Then click "create event". Untick "anyone can view and RSVP" so those who not invited cant see. Then you just type in the necessary details. So your guests have the choice of selecting "attending" "not attending" or "maybe attending". You try, if need help feel free to ask me. :)

preciousgal

oh...

den i saw some pple gt picture de? u add in yrself?

can i add u? i wanna take a look at the event thing hehee..

Btw u took yr PS?

evanthlyn

Jo: I am going to take in september. What about you? You can pm me your email then I add you :) will invite you in so u can see see

Hey Mimi, I have sent out my "save the date" emails just recently. For the actual invitations, the hotel will confirm with us the design in July. I think you can send them around 2-3 mths before your AD.

pantieileen

wah everyone got so many things to prepare...i'm still holidaying with my MIL and my mom, i feel like a lightbulb behind them while they hold hands walking down the street.

rhyoxene

Sigh,
I need help! I STILL HAVE NO VENUE! ARGHHHHH
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

I have a guest list of about 350-380,
then I need to budget like crazy. Like $50 per head?
how how how?
sad.gif

anyone got recommendationsss?

evanthlyn

Your AD in Dec 2011? Think it's diff to get a venue alr eh but no harm trying. Maybe can try restaurant instead of hotel?

jlteo

Joanna: Have settled PG, VG and going for PS with Cangai in July. Also done my solemnisation in Apr. Might want to try Prof Kwoh (NTU Prof), very nice guy and knows how to mingle with your guest. When is ur AD? Where are you holding your banquet?

jlteo

R.Tan: You might want to try and see if there are people selling off their package. Have you decided on your AD date already? Maybe you can try country club. Have you booked your bridal studio etc?

jlteo

Pink Swallow: Can you share with me your "save the date" email? I have overseas guest, so not sure when is the right time to send out the invite.

Any recommendations on where to print the insert for the invitation cards?

preciousgal

R.tAN: omg tat's so late. i think might have leh.. just tat is a weekday? cos i know dec weekend is almost taken up? i think christmas eve may still have slots.

$50 per head is so difficult lah.. not possible to have this price unless is a lunch wor...

Pink swallow: how does your save the date looks like? can u share hehee? cos i saw some pple got the wedding picture and it includes the save the date thing. i wonder issit a program?

JL: can share the contact of the NTU prof? my actual day is 2nd of DEC @ four seasons hotel. U leh? Insert u can try T dragon, heard is quite popular as they do printing for hotels also.

rhyoxene

Hey all, thanks for the help. My AD is 26 Nov.

Eva: Yeah, I've been trying to avoid hotels lah. Want a simple cosy (albeit 350 guest lah)

jlteo: Yeah looking lor, but I have such a big guestlist, most of them can't fit the bill.
sad.gif

looking at country clubs next. Been busy luh... No bridal studio, getting friends to help with makeup and deco. DIY all the way!
also, jlteo, if you want I can suggest "save the date" email if you haven't come up with something yet. Inserts for invites = DIY!
happy.gif

Joanna: Got some places lah, but my parents don't like lah, not convenient, only one *ghastly* toilet... Sigh!
Been looking at lunch on a saturday..

Hi JL and Joanna, Here's my Save the date (image reduced to fit it here):

1738106.gif

I used a template from a wedding website for my save the date. Basically I just pasted one of my ROM photos (my ROM was in Feb) on the template and added a mark to the date. I then used the Paint program to add in the wordings..Added this in the email to send to my friends. Quite easy since an amateur like me managed to do it haha..

I think for overseas guests u can send out soon..as even for 1 or 2 of my friends in Singapore have already planned for holiday in Dec.

preciousgal

pink swallow: this is the one i am saying.

How do u make it? can i have the template from the wedding website?

R.Tan: u may try orchid country club =)

preciousgal

pink swallow: when yr actual day? and bridalshop? and actual day pg and vg?

anyone here engage emcee or liveband? any recommendation?

jlteo

Hey Joanna, you can contact the prof at [email protected]
He will arrange for a meet up either at NTU or CCK to sign the consent form. Very nice guy.

My AD is on 3rd Dec (one day after you :p) at Hyatt. Have you gals went for your gown fitting already?

min_min_87

hi sorry brides to crash the thread.
pink_swallow: can u pls kindly share the save the date template? where can i download it?

Joanna: for liveband can try weddingbuddies. they are a couple who sing frequently for the other livebands but go independent.
happy.gif

preciousgal

Jl thanks for the link =)

Oh.. seems like alot of 3rd dec bride too hehee..
Yeah i went for my gown fitting. U leh? which bridal shop?

minmin87: thank you very much. will check it out. did u engage them?

Hi Joanna and Min Min and btbs, I downloaded the template from this website: http://www.weddingchicks.com/2010/10/18/2012-free-wedding-save-the-dates/

You can surf around for other types of templates as well..some designs are quite nice
happy.gif
But some are not customizable so you may have to photoshop it if needed. Hope u all find it useful!

Joanna>> My AD is on 9 Dec. My bridal shop is the Wedding Present (used the same for my ROM), and my pre-wedding PG is Ianphotography, and AD PG/VG from 2ofUs Photography. Already went for gown fitting, in fact this week will gg down again for another alteration before my photo-taking in July
happy.gif

min_min_87

Pink_Swallow: Thank you for sharing
happy.gif

Joanna: I did not engage weddingbuddies as I am still looking at my budget.. I heard them sang before and I love it.
happy.gif

preciousgal

pink swallow: thanks for the template. it is super useful.

where u going for your photoshoot? care to share?

Minmin87: okay thanks babe.. i will check it out

anyone of u engaging ecmee?

jlteo

Joanna: My bridal shop is Cangai. Only going for my gown fitting on 1st july, and 2 weeks later is my PS. Engaging Jayce Photography as PG and Idoproductions as VG. How about you?

Anything to bring for your gown fitting? Heels etc?

Have you decided on your PS locations?

Will get my friends to help out as emcee
happy.gif