(2011/12) Dec 2011 BTB

pantieileen

i just want to complain...i miss home. I just want to take the first flight out and come back home before CNY ends so i can collect my last angbaos...its so darn cold in New York!!! I'm freezing my ass off in sub-zero -14C!!

cupcakescream

Aww elieen.... HUGZz... I miss home too! Esp when I on facebook everyone else at home is having such a great time hanging out... whaaa....
sad.gif

bbg1223

Hi everyone, i just joined this forum.
me and my htb have decided to hold our banquet on 23rd dec 2011. we did not get any master to calculate the date for us , just decided on the date ourselves.

will be meeting up with the wedding coordinator tonight for the banquet and we have shortlisted Regent.

when i scrolled through the list, i realised that i really have not done anything yet! hehehehehee

today is the first day we are doing anything at all about the wedding.

i hope to have a stress-free wedding ... but looking at the number of things to be done..... i am not sure if that can happen.

cupcakescream

bbg1223: Please be encouraged... I got my sg wedding put together in two months and it turned out really well! We had heaps of fun and all the guests really enjoyed themselves.

The brides here are all super helpful so if you need any advice or assistance just pop your question here. I'm sure anyone would be more than happy to point you at the right direction. Right ladies? ;)

sept_09_bride

Double J >> wow.. thanks for updating the spreadsheet for us.. is fantastic.. n nice to knw so many brides same AD as me too.. 2Dec2011.. hehe.. :p n seems like alot of bride too up GPCH too..
happy.gif

its been ages since i last check this thread liao..hehe. .:p

btw, BTBs, any idea where to get gowns for our Mothers?? im hving alittle prob here..

n any1 wana buy Nubra?? i got a brand new 1, totally nv open before.. im letting go at $50.. coz i got it from a lucky draw n the cup size is not mine.. the cup is C.. any 1 interested??

Hi Teri,

I went through quite a few BS too and havent found anything i like. Went Sil, The Wedding Present, Dang, Margaret, a few on tanjong pagar stretch, Amanda Lee next week. I think i must quite fussy if people can decide after visiting a few boutiques and i m still stranded :p

Basically at these BS you are interested in, it s either Over The Rack package vs Made To Measure, then u can work on there. Packages are all similar across e board, it usually includes e gown, evening gown, hair/make up services, groom suit, corsages, bridal car decor. Photography tie ups are optional. Note that most packages dont include a tea dress, so you can either negotiate or do it elsewhere.

Hope it helps!

babydino

hey there! how was the CNY ladies? Hp it was fantastic..

I jz went to my BS on sat to try on sm gowns.. hee hee.. it was actually quite fun & the staff were really nice.. the designer really knew wat my style was.. he told me i cannot take those princessy tulle gowns.. its like soooo not me.. hahah

will be waiting for the new collection to come in in April before finalizing which gown i will be taking.. thn most likely PS in May/June..

OMG its abt 10mths away to our wedding days :p

pantieileen

i'm FCUKing pissed of with my parents. See my wonderful email below

Dear Parents and everyone involved,

I understand during my deep slumber last night that my wedding date 16Dec 2011 is inauspicious for me or anyone born in the year of chicken. I am not sure why this is so since this was one of the 3best dates that my aunt had chosen for us but I believe she do not have a ill intent for me. I do not know on what basis dates are chosen nor why this date is inauspicious but to me, this wedding is merely a ceremonial event since Jason and I are already married legally.

Should anyone insist on changing the wedding dates, please bear in mind that we have already paid SGD$5,000 to Fullerton as a deposit to secure the wedding venue. Should this amount be forfeited if we cancel the venue, please be prepared to chip in. Otherwise, it is perfectly fine that the wedding resume on 16Dec 2011 and I would be absent in this event anyone deems this date is really inauspicious for me and even my grandmother (also born in the year of chicken). I am, however, agreeable to do a webcast of myself with a speech if my presence to detrimental for myself.

I am of the assumption anyone who has more time to worry about nitty gritty details of the wedding would be the best person to be in charge of the entire wedding preparation. Perhaps I am not the best candidate here, with no experience in wedding planning of event planning of any sort hence I engaged us a wedding planner to share my workload. It has dawn on me recently that I have only limited amount of time after office hours to deal with visiting my husband, construction of a house and preparing for a wedding. Despite with her help, i'm still overwhelmed. I would either like to appeal for help with the latter 2 tasks or discharge myself completely from all responsibilities in the wedding preparations since I am ignorant of customs and traditions and am not the least excited bride to begin with. I would be grateful if anyone that this email is intended for, could volunteer for this task. If no volunteers come forward, i would prefer that any changes or requirements for the wedding be requested through email so that everyone be kept in the loop.

This said, the wedding planner can be contactable at 67xx xxxx

Yours truly,
The Bride

wau lau eh..really think i so darn free. they 4old folks only 1 working, happily and suka suka change this change that, ask for this ask for that. Expect me to entertain all their request. They so free and clever then they should go do it themselves and just remember to invite me for the big day. is it just me, the reluctant bride or its the same sentiments with everyone else.

rangerlynn

Hi Ladies,

Can someone advice me..?
happy.gif

I just realize from e spreadsheet, the AD VG and PG mostly are not from the BS itself. Isit not ideal to use them in terms of professionalism? Are they not good in this area? Cos my BS package do includes AD PG as option. Should I use them?

Sorry I'm just so lost about everything. Other than booking of hotel and BS, I've done nothing.
sad.gif

doublej

rangerlynn> HIHI!! =D From what I understand from my friends who had utilised the PG given by the BS.. most of them didnt really like it.. Their style of photography is very 'dead'. Its not journalistic type. Pple nowadays prefers journalistic style rather than traditional "standstraight-smile-snap" style..

The reason why I had to engaged PG & VG is bcoz Malaysia's BS does not includes PG,VG&Mua..

doublej

eileen> i just read the mail.. =( I can understand you.. Like everyone else always say : Preparing for our AD is just the couple getting involved, every tom/dick/harry will always want a say"
Sometimes, I really wonder if I'm getting married or THEY are getting married..

caressa

@eileen: My sympathies. I, on the other hand, always knew that the dinner banquet was more for the family than for myself. With this little understanding, I've accepted and compromised on several issues (chose the date without too much fuss - no geomancer etc, just a simple look through an almanac online haha!), though MIL is NOT in favour of us choosing dates at all. All a little complicated, but nothing like some harmless omission to appease everyone. As yet, I’ve not dared to broach on what customs and traditions are required of me on the actual day (the timing, the bed thingy, the 4 pieces of gold, etc?!). We weren't given the choice of choosing the venue either, and the huge animal advocate in me have to (literally) swallow their insistence of shark's fin.

I hope the email won’t offend your relatives though I understand you must have written it under a lot of frustration and stress. I know how overwhelming all that planning can be – I was juggling getting an apartment, preparing for the ROM, and now the wedding, the renovation works, planning for a family, and patience can really run thin sometimes when people supposedly on your side are not just being unsupportive but demanding too.

Hope you feel better today, and I’m sure your family will come around and understand that the best they want for you is to be happy.

@rangerlynn: Choosing a photographer really depends on your individual preference of style, and your comfort level with your photographer. You'd need to be comfortable and trusting with his/her direction in producing timeless photographs in the artistic style you like.

That said, some bridal studios do not offer in-house photography, and that could be the reason why you see different entries on the spreadsheet. Nothing to be alarmed about! Some bridal studios offer tie-ins with several photography studios, and couples choose from the list, weighing personal favourite with budget and package details (no. of edited images, hours of photography, layouts/albums, no. of locations etc). Some simply choose to go with the photographer of their choice, regardless of bridal studio tie-ins, more like an al la carte selection.

No right/wrong formula - just pick a photography style you and your husband love, and trust how the right photographer can bring out the best in both of you, and capture the most heartfelt moments.

sweet_j

@DoubleJ, thanks for the effort, appreciate that!

@eileen: I hope you are feeling better now. Only we can understand the stress throughout the preparations... And you always have your HTB beside you, cheers!

@rangerlynn: From my observations, the PG/VG tied up with BS are usually not journalistic style as mentioned by DoubleJ. And they cost lesser than how much are you paying for, as BS will cut a chunk out of it as commissions. So don't expect too much on that. Anyway, I would recommend you to go through the directory listing on the first page, you will find some PGs there. Else, you may try my PG from 10eyesGallery (listed there as well) - http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/7/1609992.html?1298906626
They are passionate, friendly yet pro and I like their works very much.

Happy planning/preparing ~

rangerlynn

Hi Ladies, thanks much for the reply.
happy.gif
Perhaps I really need to go thru the list once. I thought it was much confirm to use them cos they gave either AD photography or bridal car, which I do not require the car. And they are not able to change to other things.

From what I know, the PG my BS used is also outsource. They will simply engage one for you on your date so I won't know if they are Pros. Shld be better off to engage PG and VG separately i feel.

@Eileen: My hearts' with u. Seems that marriage is still never a 2 persons affair till now. Same situation as u now, ppl who doesn't wish to help much or rather plays part wants to voice out unnecessary comments. I don't understand why. But well, it's all up to us eventually. Put their msg off else things will be never ending for us i feel.

pantieileen

@Jan : erm my HTB isn't with me...mine is a LDR leh
@rangerlynn : i categorise my problem as the HDB auntie syndrome. ie every hdb aunty want to kpo and participate coz they got nothing better to do

My case ended with typical govt play taiqi scene. Mother say Father say. Father say Mother assume etc etc etc. End of the day, i decide to get a list of task from the wedding planner so i can delegate the tasks to the retirees and give them dateline to submit their needs.

2days ago, my mom ask what 4point gold that my MIL is going to give me. I replied how would i know. Then she said, you should know. So i said you are my mother, have you seen me wear gold? If not what makes you think i know what to ask from her? Since you are married before you should know better. Anyway, whatever gold that i receive as gifts will be melted as gold bars so i want standard 1kg gold bars...and my mom was speechless!

cupcakescream

Eileen, I think you <font color="ff0000">absolutely rock</font> ! I so wished I had the courage to tell my mum off on her ridiculous requests. I love reading your posts... It always makes me laugh!
happy.gif

Thanks Smurfette! I thought my friends did a fantastic job on the video!
happy.gif

sept_09_bride

for me, i tink im much luckier.. my parents are v open-minded.. they dun demand much.. same goes for my PIL.. they are v ok with alot of things too..
happy.gif

so far, our wedding plannings are still going on fine.. 9 mre mths to my wedding.. so far, so good.. kiping my fingers cross, hoping that things will still b so smooth till my big day..
happy.gif

cupcakescream

Smurfette,

Linus charges $1500 for a video shoot. The great thing about him is that rather than just shoot pretty images, he personalises the video to reflect who you guys are as a couple. Our video is really a snippet of who we were as a couple and what our lives were/are...

You'll have to answer these four questions:
1) What you guys like to do as a couple
2) Where you guys like to go as a couple
3) What is meaningful to the both of you as a couple and lastly
4) What do you hope to achieve out of the shoot.

Based on your answers, he will work closely with you guys to come up with a story board and a concept.

Cool right?
happy.gif

min_min_87

Hi Cupcakes&amp;cream,

do you mind sharing Linus' contact? after watching your video a mth ago, it still stays in my mind!
happy.gif

Will Linus be interested in AD VG too? Thanks!

pantieileen

i got a list of task that i need to prepare for my wedding but alas there are none that i can delegate to the old folks.

Pick out wedding favours at Fullerton - that's a lunch time task which i can easily do and grab some new Fullerton pens (which are my favorite)i'll do it myself

Maid of Honor dress - gave my gf $500 to buy or make something she likes no color preference as long as she wear a bra, keep her boobies and her butt crack covered, not wear PJs or school uniform, i don't care what she wears. But i secretly think she's more excited than me coz she's flipping bridal and fashion magazines, coming out with ideas on what to wear

Table plan - I made 40copies of paper with 1Big circle and 10 small circles, 10pencils and erasers so the old foggies can start the sitting arrangements and write the respective guests saluation, name, address, phone

Wedding Photography - Paid 2k for my photography, book hotel for her. Nothing else to worry except to pray for good weather in NYC so they can fly out without any snowstorm delays.

My hair/makeup style : haven't thought of what style to go for but realise it's not a good idea to get 2 separate person for hair and makeup although my hair stylist does bridal hair for magazines and my makeup artist is pretty bossy but i guess she's good for me. Anyone use 2 separate hair and makeup?

Additional fancy dress : i can't outsource coz i can't copy my body and face and must be present...sigh..need to find inspiration. Plus so many restriction. Cannot wear too little, ugly if i wear too much...imo..i get calls from my MIL reminding me not to wear too little when i go visit my bf in foreign land coz she's not there to protect me so obviously i need to cover myself more!

Seriously, is there a pill that i can take to be more excited in a wedding?

bbg1223

hello ladies,
can i join this thread too?
=)

my wedding is fixed on 16th dec , actual day and 22nd dec for the banquet and i have just sorted out my bridal studio last week.

i know that there are still many things left to organise but am feeling a little clueless and am not feeling the rush yet.( no good)

i saw a list that's going around, please update it for me too =)

ad: 16th dec
banquet : 22nd dec
venue : mandarin oriental
bridal studio : le grand
ad photographer : clueless
prewedding photographer : chris ling studio
ad video : clueless

eileen : i initially planned my wedding , both ad and dinner to be on 22nd dec and many people started saying that its an extremely inauspicious day. ( did not get anyone to get a good date initially because i felt it was not needed)
so after many violent objections, i shifted the ad to 16th, which is supposed to be a good day. ( because i refused to change my banquet day )
just a suggestion that you can consider keeping the banquet day and having the ad on another day, maybe one day earlier.
if not, its ok to stick to it if you and ur htb feels ok because its ultimately between the both of u.

bbg1223

ok just found and updated the excel spreadsheet =)

@eileen ok, this is according to my own plan, again, did not check with the experienced people. haha. we are doing the fetching of bride thingy on 16th and might be doing the rom on 16 too. but as of now... still not confirmed. ( rom bit )

if we are doing the rom on 22nd, before the dinner, then on 16th, it will only be the fetching of bride and maybe the tea ceremony.

according to the fengshui people, this arrangement is fine. so long as the fetching of bride is not on an inauspicious day. ( but thats just me so its really ok if you dont mind and still do everything on 16th )

pantieileen

@bbg : i already ROM-ed couple of years ago coz i need to get a bank loan so i only have the silly customs and the dinner that's all.

So i told my parents can we all skip the fetching of bride thing and all meet at one place and gather all those who are interested to drink tea 3hours before the dinner and call it a day?
Then my parents gave me the look "CANNOT"

preciousgal

ladies,

hw u all plan the wedding arh? I am stuck after finding bridal shops and video and camera man.

And my wedding is on dec 2011.anyone can share?

bbg1223

@eileen you are too funny lah! "gather all those who are interested to drink tea" hahahahahh you just made it sound like a task. something like, ok, lets get this part over and done with and move on to the next. =))))))

cupcakescream

Oh ladies, check out the <font color="0000ff">Mr Noticed</font> and <font color="0000ff">Can</font> clips too... I think he does a great job highlighting the social issues we face....
happy.gif

Cupcakes, this videographer is interesting.. I also wish to see his AD video skills but couldnt find any.

Silly Smurfette, if you are looking at AD Videography, you can also check out Substance Films - by Yang. His works are available on facebook or Vimeo. I m finalising with him on the contract. He has won several awards and shot for a few of my friends, but he is a little pricey. No harm looking at it, if you are searching for a videographer.

preciousgal

i would also like to ask.

if we wanna book a solesmisation together on the actual day can we book now? as in ROM for the dates?

sept_09_bride

Joanna >> nw is too early to book le.. if u wana hv it out of the ROM centre.. u can find a solemniser anytime 3mths before ur ROM date..
happy.gif

peisze

Hi ladies,

I'm a newbie here and Dec BTB.

Can anyone recommend me a good make up artist and photographer on the AD?