(2011/11) Nov 2011 BTB

pqpq

Hannor.. I'm hoping to reduce this amount further, and yet to include meals in that $11K. I've only budgeted $10K for air tix, hotel, meals excl. shopping loh. I told my bf, after this trip, no more trips for the next few years liao!

On man.. Wedding is really a good "excuse" to splurge. I keep having the mindset "aiya, once a lifetime event". So need tips on how best to travel smart in Europe.

I forgot to budget for MUA for my mum & sis.. Just booked the MUA today, another $610 for the 6 of them :X

the_moment

Hey gals!

Can I know how to go about creating a monogram?
My jelly beans idea aborted due to price. Found a whole sale candy co. Will go down take a look.

How about wedding car? settled? Most of you self-drive?

The worst headache is the photo selection.. Its 78 poses in all after 3 rounds of 1 seating selection. To spend or not to spend? Did you gals top up a lot of pics?

happylilone

SSAC: what kinda monogram u looking at? If u are looking at something similar to wad I have, there's a website u can use to create the background with.. Mine's v simple.. Just a square with motifs and our names..

pqpq

SSAC, 78 poses less the poses you have in your package, means you have to pay ~50poses, which will be like ~$2-3K? I wont spend this $$, coz it's really going to be in the storeroom. My sis had her wedding in May. It's already in the storeroom after 2 wks loh. And for myself, I kinda get bored after flipping too many pages in the album. Probably in the midst of wedding preparations (like us) will take closer look..

Our wedding car will be borrowing from my HTB's friend, he'll be the chauffer too! Heehehe..

junio

piglet: have u tried http://www.raileurope.com.sg/special-offers/

in UK, i took london pass and in barcelona which i fly from uk to barcelona and took the tourist 2 days pass on the tourist bus. Italy and Spain has the highest number of pick pocket. so need to be aware of ur surrounding and don't look very tourist! keep ur map away and only use ur map when u are in the restaurant or cafe and keep ur bag very close to ur body!

i am not trying to scared you.. 10people went to barcelona, 7 people got pick pocket.. their pick pocket very skillful and daring.. once u get bang by others, start checking ur belongings..

YJZL: there are people spending 4k include air ticket during summer for a month in europe without any shopping..

however, in winter the air ticket is rather more expensive.. and hope the snow will not be so bad as some of them may close their road and airport. my bf bro in germany cannot go out because of bad snow.

piglet: what the hell man.. $610 for 6 people!!!! mine is only like $50 per person!

pqpq

Jun, I've tried that website. I realised the reservation website I've tried is not the same as this. I'll try again tonight.

Return SQ air tix in Dec for 2 pax is already $4.2K wor..

I'll rem your advice, totally forgot abt the pick pockets!

I think the mkt price for Makeup + hairstyle is $80 per pax. My sis said she know this MUA, said she's v. good blah blah blah. She charge $450 for 4 pax. Scarly their makeup end up prettier than mine, which is from BS! Haha!

junio

i manage to bargain $50 per pack because i got like 6 people..

cheaper flight in december, i would suggest emirates.. maybe u can spend 2 days in dubai.. it would be like 16 degrees in dubai during that period..

SQ u need to wait for promo.. and emirates u get 30kg per person! shopping till siow! hahaaha

i can check with my best friend on the train.. she is going to italy in july..

450 very ex.. it is like u hired make up artist from the make up room..

ee09

wow..u gals are great in planning your F&E. We are still waiting for the upcoming Natas fair to sign for package...We plan to spend a few days in each area (Europe).. Dont like to touch n go, it is very tiring. Hope that time n work permit then we will extend our stay...

Thereafter we will be going to KL then hong kong to visit his frens...

the_moment

happylilone - can I have the the website? hee..

I booked my Europe trip at the last NATAS. Managed to secure a good deal. Around 3.2k per pax for 14 days Dubai (foc cos taking Emirates), Switzerland, Paris and London.

My make up for mums and own ststers amount to ard $75 per pax. Also quite ex.. but I asked around and the prices quoted around here. Contact is from my MUA

the_moment

piglet - my pkg has 36 poses. not the digital press type though.. so there will be this centre line quite ugly... to get digital is $500 more.. at this point in time can't part with the other pics. thinking of getting the soft copies. urgh.. ha haa..

happylilone

SSAC: the website allows u to create some sort of border to frame your names / initials.. Not exactly the easiest to design with.. It's www.bgpatterns.com.. Let me know if u need help with the designing..

I can't upload my monogram with my phone.. You'll be able to see what I'm talking abt if u're in the fb group
happy.gif

My mua for my jiemeis charges $70 per pax.. Which I think is reasonable.. My hair and makeup for d and d usually costs me $80 already..

junio

piglet: aren't u going to rome, milan or even pisa?

I have never been to italy but i heard italy is very beautiful!

Shopping: there is a factory outlet at switzerland sell cheap branded stuff

tips: from what i know.. sales start on 27 dec after xmas and boxing day.. crazy cheap sales!

Travel with tour: it is good and eat good food but very expensive and touch n go kind..
I got a friend spend like 10K with tour for like 15 days i think..

Don't bring alot of clothes unless u are very petite.. Zara is cheap! Other clothes boutique are cheap too!

happy.gif
Happy shopping and sightseeing..
happy.gif

junio

another great place to go for honeymoon.. Santorini, Greece..
happy.gif

Piglet: u might wanna buy open ended ticket.. means u can flight back at another destination to singapore..

elmo28

Angeldoll (angeldoll) : when's your wedding? my is on 19 Nov leh....

i have arrange with them to go n view my acutal day gown this thur... hope can pick what i wan....

Jun (junio) : thanks, i will drop him a mail....

pqpq

Jun: I'm going to Rome -> Venice -> Swiss -> Paris. Will be skipping Milan & Pisa. Cant cover so many cities and wanted it to be slow & of our own pace. Will be spending abt 2 nties in each, 4nites in Paris, coz 2 nites at disney.

I've checked out Emirates, can save $1K in total! Will be taking that. But not sure shd I stopover or transit. Shd I stopover?

I dont understand the open-ended tix part. Means on the return trip, fly to Dubai, another destination then SG?

junio

Piglet: yes.. emirates can save 1K! I think u should stop over.. and i think it is free to stop over.. it would be nice to visit dubai and the weather would be like 17 degrees so it is not too hot.. nice weather.
happy.gif

open ended means.. SG -> DUBAI (transit) -> ROME
PARIS -> DUBAI (2 days) -> SG

It means u don't have to go back to rome to fy back to dubai.. check out if there is any price difference or not..

Elmo28: wow.. u are also 19 Nov.. I am also 19 nov for my actual day..
happy.gif
However, my friend is not doing 19 nov for me.. he is doing 26 nov for me.. i got two reception..
happy.gif

junio

Elmo28: quite alot of us at on the 19 nov..
happy.gif

Royal Plaza @ Scott..

Elmo28: if you would like to join in our fb group for topic discussion and idea sharing.. u can give us ur email address.
happy.gif

junio

Princess: COOL! same day? hahaa maybe we can go to fareast bridge in our gown to take pic.. hahahaha.. are u doing at the gallery.. gallery looks cool man..
Princess: are u in our fb group?

junio

Elmo28: wah.. you don't have fb.. sooo good..
ENVY u can resist the fb virus!

Or u are creating another fb account? haha

Princess: oooo .. No.. it is for the whole Nov bride month.. sharing ideas and vendor..
happy.gif

baby_luv

Wow, didnt know that there is conversation here as well!!

I was looking for packages to Europe as well, thought of going to Switzerland, France and Italy. Drop by the Dynasty Fair at Suntec last Sat, they quoted me $5k per pax for a 15D 12N on SQ, so expensive! I was also thinking to wait for the NATAS fair in Oct to do my bookings.

Is it cheaper to go on free and easy or to book the tour?

junio

Michelle: Yes it is cheaper to go Free & Easy..
However, you won't be staying in super nice hotel or eating super expensive food which the tour package provided..

Whoever going to swiz: should go to the blind man cafe! u experience for being blind..
happy.gif

pqpq

Jun, I saw hot air balloon experience in dubai.. Thinking of whether to use my 1K savings to spend on this! US$280/pax for 1 hr. Oh man... While you help me find savings, I went on to splurge!

pqpq

Correction.. the one I saw is part of Emirates stopover tour package. Got other agencies doing it daily also... Mmm.. Will think abt it!

angeldoll

jun: u are such a globetrotter! u seem to have been to so many places!!!

we are thinking of going NZ F&E for our honeymoon, maybe in feb..
happy.gif

elmo28

Piglet : i also... thought since cannot wear black gown, thought wanted black theme, but my hubby so pantang.........

but might still either go for black gown for my indoor photoshooting, if nt, will try alittle black gown for my AD night gown....

happylilone

Elmo: I wanted black at first.. But I was thinking, black is not good when it comes to details on the gown.. At the end of the day, the photos may just turn out as a black 'blob'.. Depending on the embellishments bah.. U may wan to go for something that will stand out in the photos.. Just a thot..

junio

Angeldoll: No lah.. I have never been to aus or NZ!

I know europe a little better because my htb is from UK.. i always have to fly there like twice a year and go for road trip or europe..

BLACK: Why not black embrodiery on your gown?

Mom: Sigh.. Soo difficult.. Yesterday just quarrel with her.. Sian man.. ROMM is the ROM for muslim marriages! They want my htb to produce a letter to state that he is single in his country! we got and paid for the letter and now they said that the letter got no letterhead and no stamp cannot accept.. now we need to ding dong somewhere to get the stamp and letter head.. govt keep complaining low marriage rate... what have they been doing? making life difficult and no incentive of getting married also.. sigh..

sorry man for the rants!

Soo many things in mind.. still wanna add stuff to my mind..