(2011/11) Nov 2011 BTB

pinkbinzz

happylilone (happylilone) & jastanyy:

I didnt calculate the dates for both myself and husband not even the dates for my parents or in laws.relieve to see on the calendar that at least they didnt indicate 11 Nov 2011 is not good for wedding..at least can choose the timing.

I was kept in secret my bf and his cousin went to search for wedding venue themself in sept.. The day when I am there it is confirmation for placement of deposit to confirm the dates.

Anyway I am in a lost.. dont know which bridal studio to go too what are the things that I should look out for. As for JP seems like still early to book them?

happylilone

Pinkbinzz: personally I think it not a must to calc the dates la.. We did it cos hubby runs a biz.. So it's an assurance.. The master oso said 3mths before and after cannot be involved in any funerals or happy occasions.. But my good pals are all marrying or ROMing ard my AD and ROM! And I wun wan to miss them at all! So we pick and choose wad to follow and wad not to.. Hahahh

studio wise, u may wan to go studio shopping, see which studio's gowns and photography u like the best.. And prob sign up with your preferred at a show or something.. For us, I did some homework and managed to buy over a package from a fellow forummer.. And actually saved half if wad we wud pay, really value for money.. Get your package fast, cos prices will increase..

JP, since your date is super hot, if your intended JP is super popular, it is advisable that u start contacting him/her 4-5 mths in advance.. My ROM's in Jan next yr and I contacted my JP in sept this yr.. Talk abt being kiasu..

pinkbinzz

happylilone : care to advise me on the name and contact number of the master that u seek help from?

By the way have u heard of things like sisters cant be marry or bride cant wear pink?

What's the name of your JP? Let me know if he/she is good then I can consider inviting him/her.

happylilone

Pinkbinzz: we got our dates from David Tong.. U can reach him at 9829 9670..

I've heard of the part abt sis can't be married or can't wear pink.. Ok.. I hv no idea wads the thing behind sis can't be married, the only thing is prob afraid that she may be pregnant by the time your wedding comes bah.. One of my jiemei is married btw.. For the pink part, traditionally, when the bride wears a pink Kua on the day of her marriage, means that she's the 2nd wife of the guy.. So that's where the pink story come from..

My JP's Mr Koh Kok Weng, I've met him once.. V easy going guy.. Yup.. Will keep u updated after my ROM!

pinkbinzz

Happylilone: sure do keep me update..probably chck out more bs before coming to a conclusion.as for master I will chck if my husband grandfather can do otherwise can chk with master tong..

Does u girls organize any outing/gathering?

jastanyy

Hi pinkbinzz: I'm not too sure where my MIL went to calculate. Let me try check then update you again la.. anyway do start looking for your packages or you can see if there is offer in the forum cos like what happylilone say, it is much cheaper compared to outside (",)

Me also a little kiazu, bought my wedding bands in nov thou still 1 year to wedding...scare price increase and since got big discount, why not(",)

pinkbinzz

Jas: thanks in advance.

I did browse most of it seems like not very attractive..in the terms of the prices they are selling and packages inside..

actually not kiasu is plan ahead..its always good to plan in advance..not like me i only have venue..now bridal studio i have to hunt for it i do it with friends coz my husband he will just follow what i want lol..

Rings should be the next one.. where did u bought your bands?i prefer something v simple..he too prefer without diamonds.

By the way how much is your package and where is it from?

happylilone

Jas: yar! We were eyeing a pair from love and co, by the time we wanted to buy, the price increase and it's no longer value for money since it's like 1.7k for plain bands.. Gold price keeps shooting..

Pinkbinzz: I got my bands just recently from Vivodiamonds, where we got our engagement ring from actually.. Went ard searching for bands and either din like the designs or the fact that they can't be customised.. So went back to them though their wedding bands are more ex... We chose design, service and flexibility over price lor.. I'm getting my bands soon! Yeah!

pinkbinzz

happylilone: I am so happy for u must be very looking forward to it.. I am still waiting for my proposed ring..he has yet to propose lol...

how much does wedding bands cost? for one ring or a pair price?customised require how long?

jastanyy

Pinkbinzz: i also only got venue, PS is with a taiwan bridal. I am going ala carte for actual day but haven start sourcing for WG/EG. My fiance will settle the photography part as he used to be a full time photographer.

I bought my destinee wedding bands from The Diamond Atelier @ Vivo (Lee Hwa). The prices ranges from 400+ to a few thousands, depends on your budget. No harm walking in and trying on a few ones to see what design you like (",)

nearbtb

hi pinkbinzz, i onli got date for timing wise not yet find out, anyway for mine he onli give us a book of dates to choose from not reli calculated so dun think u will wan. haha

Happylilone, we got our bands from love and co. but after wearing i feels tat its very ezily dirty cos we choose one with a lot of lines in between.
our band is abt 2k plus for a pair, which is half a yr ago pricing.

happylilone

Pinkbinzz: honestly speaking, a pair of wedding bands can cost from $600 a pair to $2500 per ring.. Of cos I'm comparing from Taka to Tiff & Co..

If u are looking for something simple and without diamonds, any love and co design can cost ranging from $1500 to $2000? And it also depends on ring size, extra $$ got to be added as well if u or bf fall out of the range:
Gals: 8-12
Guys: 15-18

we bought ours at 1.8k with slight customisation and my bf's ring size of 22.. And the owner actually gave us a v v good price as we are returning customers plus we introduce all our frens to him.. All of frens who bought from him loved the service btw..

As for timeline, it took us 2 mths.. From buying, sizing and engraving.. Bear in mind that shops may not hv ready stock for your intended bands for your sizes.. *u may not want to buy off shelf cos usually they are display sets*.. So popular shops like love and co need abt 3-4 mths in advance to make your bands..

happylilone

Btb: hey! the pair we were eyeing from LVC also had a lot of grooves.. its the pair with yellow, rose and white gold one.. yar lor.. half a yr ago they quoted me abt $1.8k already.. i think with my bf's extraordinary big ring.. it'll add to abt 2k..

that's why we went elsewhere to buy after that...

pinkbinzz

Jas: Thanks for the advise will go look around.. nice at least your husband helps u on the photographer..

Sometimes I wonder if I am too anxious and kiasu to look around?seems like everything like too early for me.

Happylilone: where is vivodiamond located?probably i can see see..I also wish for custom make something differ..urs is a white, gold or platinum?
Apprently i heard white gold will turn yellow.

btb: thanks

happylilone

Pinkbinzz: Vivodiamonds is at far east shopping centre, by appt only.. If u are interested, do visit their webbie www.vivodiamond.com to book an appt..

Mine is white and rose gold.. With 30 small diamonds.. In my band.. Wad amazed us more was the craftsmanship.. Highly recommended!

Yar.. White gold will turn yellow, tts cos white gold is 75% yellow gold.. Platinum's v soft and will change shape over time..

the_moment

nearbtb: The update is for us to have a look at the vendors we have confirmed and if we wish to ask anyone more questions about any vendor in particular, we can share info. =)

No objections to outings. =)

happylilone

Littlerabbit: I wrote $1.8k in one of my post above.. But like I've also stated before, we are returning customers (my engagment ring is from there) and introduced our frens to them..

I can't say that the price will apply for all customers.. And neither did we introduce Vivodiamonds to frens and u gals here to gain discounts.. we recommend cos it is worthy of our time to recommend cos of the excellent service and high quality..

Yup.. If u are interested, do like wad I first started.. Book an appt and I'm pretty much sure the price quoted to u is a fair one..
happy.gif

baby_luv

It's been awhile since i last posted!

HTB and me also brought wedding bands from Love & Co. We brought the LVC promises series, cost us around 3.6k for both rings. We love their services as well.

angeldoll

we are looking to buy our from the Diamond Atelier (form lee wha).. HTB didnt really like the service and designs of Love and co
sad.gif
cos when we went to their raffles city outlet, the outlet was packed and nobody was free to entertain us... he also dun like thick designs..

are the rings from The Diamond Atelier a good choice?

jastanyy

Hi Cheryl, the service i got from Diamond Atelier is quite good. The lady who's serving us is pleasant and did not show any displease thou I tried many rings including those on display outside. I took quite about almost an hour to finalise my choice! They have a few range of rings so you need to see which kind of design you prefer. No harm gg down and try on a few (",)

summer_dream12

Hi Happylilone, Thank you for your advice.. guess i missed the post coz quite active thread so probably i missed your earlier post.. alright will made an appt with them.
happy.gif

happylilone

Littlerabbit: hope u find something u like! And do rem that the bands can be customised to your liking.. We took one of their existing designs and added rose gold to it and both me and fiancé loves it!

There are oso couples that produced their own design for them to make.. That of course comes with a pricetag.. But u can definitely trust them with their craftmanship..
happy.gif

pinkbinzz

Happylilone: Sure will chck them out with my htb..

Dear All,

Just something to share no obligations

Understand that everyone would like to be a pretty bride on our wedding days..Should start maintenance works on our face.

P/S: I spent $1K+ on facial products during my korea trip :p almost 1.5Years supply.

I am just back from my korea trip
happy.gif
. I have hand carry many Faceshop mask back please reassure that they are 100% authentic and currently I am selling them interested can email me at [email protected] for more details thank you

happylilone

Pinkbinzz: rem to book appt yar? Their service is v personal.. Just one couple at a time.. Hope u'll enjoy it as much as we did..

xumeetschew

Hi Nov BTB!! My AD is on 12 Nov.
I've booked the venue, photographer, videographer, bridal.
hahaha. I seems to be too kiasu.
As of 2011, I've heard a lot of ppl getting married, so I'm afraid I can't get anything I want.

since i've done all these, idk what to do next. probably its still early.
what do you BTB think??

btw, any suggestion for theme wedding?

nearbtb

Hi Jasmine M
mi too booked everything already, now trying to plan for the ad timing. haha.
anyway when do u plan to do the customary things? i.e dowry and all. i'm thinking to do it nearer to date but my mum keep asking.... ai yo so fan.
any advise?

xumeetschew

hmm I dunoe abt all these also. I need advice too. hahaa.
my elder sis still say must 'ti qing'. lol.
ya I think things have changed. no longer so traditional now le

schong

Cheryl (angeldoll),

Do check out Diamond Atelier. They do have nice range of wedding band - thick and slim type.

Me and HTB went to the branch at Vivo and had a very good deal. Bought it on the spot! The service is good too! Too pushy at all, even encourage us to think through the day!

schong

Cheryl (angeldoll),

Do check out Diamond Atelier. They do have nice range of wedding band - thick and slim type.

Me and HTB went to the branch at Vivo and had a very good deal. Bought it on the spot! The service is good too! Too pushy at all, even encourage us to think through the day!

schong

Hmm..By the way..I'm a Nov 2011 BTB too! Yet to sign up on any BS package.

Am very keen to go for Flamingo. Thoughts anyone?

lily930

Hi Jasmine & Btb,

you gals are fast! i just settled my PS only.. have yet to book any venue, PG, VG and MUA locally.. you mind sharing with me which BS u booked? as well as the PG, VG and MUA? my email address: [email protected]! TIA!

pinkbinzz

Xue_Ting(schong) amd Lily (lily 930): Just to share There will be a wedding fair this weekend at doby guat 7-9th Jan u may be want to check it out..

pinkbinzz

Hi NOV 2011 btb, I am new here...I m wondering does anyone of u have seen each other before? maybe we should organize a gathering
happy.gif

lily930

Thanks Pinkbinzz, i have heard of that, but unfortunately this weekends i not free.. >.<

btb, mine is on 12 Nov 2011.. mine very small only.. less than 10 tables.. thinking of Peony Jade.. :D

animelover

lily930: Congrats to you~

12 Nov 2011 is also a hot date (apparently it's a good date according to Tong Shu). So I guess you better give Peony Jade a call to check if the date is still available. Good luck!!!

animelover

jane22: Dun worry, you ain't the only one. I too have booked the venue only. And went ring-shopping (have fixed which rings to get).

Gonna be busy with doing my own invites.

happylilone

AL: u doing your own invites too! :p suddenly I get all excited cos not many brides will choose to so that.. Any idea where to get stationery supplies alr? I hv a few suppliers.. Maybe can share with u..

pinkbinzz

Animelover: ^5 same here I only book venue no BS,no ring nothing haha..

Jane22: dont worry u have someone here which is me same as u only have venue..
happy.gif
btw when is your wedding date?

chloe11

happylilone: it's been a long while since i've come back here....hehehe....so how's your DIY going?? I just decided to DIY my ang pow box...your gonna DIY your ang pow box rite??

So are you excited for your ROM??

happylilone

Chloe: hey! Yar... Quite a number of u gals seem to disappear suddenly.. Great to see u back here! DIY's going v well.. I've just added things to my list to make actually.. Yup.. I'm doing my Ang pao box.. Stopped for a while, but it's still the old tiered wedding cake design..

ROM's going smoothly.. Just sent out the invites.. Was actually rushing those.. Proved to be a lil more tedious den the actual day invites.. :p I can't believe I'm gonna sign on the line in just 26 day's time.. Of cos excited! Just hope that no hiccups on the day lor..

chloe11

happylilone: hope all goes well....do let me know if your JP's nice cause I'm still sourcing for JP...still early lah....hahahaha....

I've also added things to DIY too...gonna DIY my ROM invites and church invites cause only have a few that will be invited for church only so thinking of DIYin those stuff...

Did you DIY your invites? If yes, do you have any recommended software or webpage for card borders?? I saw some nice ones but very difficult to copy leh....
sad.gif

My cost to DIY my angpow box is scary man....cause I'm doing 3 boxes and I think i bought everything already....hope nothing else to buy for the angpow boxes except for flowers...using fresh flowers for the dinner boxes....
happy.gif