(2011/11) Nov 2011 BTB

IsA: Dr Georgia Lee's service is great. What kind of services you're looking at. To book her for an appointment, try to book early. Her schedule normally is pretty packed. Normally i will book appointment once every week for the whole month.
Then sometimes she might have trips so your appointment will be rescheduled (so try to book a few-just in case).

Hope this helps. =)

miumiu : The issue with GL's TLC is the receptionist. Either she calls me super early to ask me to come because "a patient" last minute cancel, or postpone my appointments.. Kinda tired of the nonsense already..

IsA : Dr Woffles Wu, considered one of the best plastic surgeon around. You could give it a try. =)
But what kind of treatment are you looking at?
I personally find Georgia Lee a very nice person to communicate with.

mimiu: Undeniably GL is a fantastic doctor, but its just too hard to meet her! i wanted to do skin lightening. GL's flawless skin is just to die for. Lol

IsA: skin lightening, I think she has pills for it. Not sure thou. you could ask if she has. Call them for an appointment. since you like her skin...=)

rikko

SSAC: oh what happen? I am going down to meet the salesperson and take alook on the first week of June. Mine will be a solemnization followed by buffet lunch.

Stephanie: You also decided Sheraton? I havent decided yet and am going a few shortlisted venues to see in June. Hope its not too late.

the_moment

Dora: In brief, we were not notified that there will be construction works near solemnisation venue.

Items previously agreed like table, chair and mirror for make-up were not there when MUA arrived. They came after make-up was 3/4 done..

Most importantly, coordinator was not there. Another came by during lunch reception only, which was after ROM was over.

Shall rest here.

Miumiu: I do not have it. When I googled, I realised they do not have a website?? But I went on-site while BS shopping last year and was impressed. =)

summer_dream12

hi SSAC: Sorry To hear abt ur bad experience.. can check with you who is ur coordinator?
i am aware of the construction beside the Soleminisation venue... those stuff u mean in the Dressing Room right?

hi Leong: yes i book Sheraton.. coz my 1st choice is SWissOtel Merchant court kena booked already in the wedding fair. i am only Late for an hour to make booking....
sad.gif

then second choice is SHERATON TOWERS.. also have another couples want my dates.. so i faster make Booking.. keke..

i thought i am Kiasu but alot pple more kiasu than me although my AD is still very Far... LOL

Stephanie: ahahha...cos of the good dates i guessed. Me too had my Venue booked. becos good dates normally will be taken fast. It was when i found out st regis was taken. I then start to worried for the date we wanted. =)

summer_dream12

MiuMiu: omg, ST Regis also taken up.. my friends told me usually st regis wont be taken up so fast.. keke, Guess you can trY marina Bay sands or resort world sentosa =) so how is ur preparation for ur wedding? when is ur date then?

Stephanie : yeap. i couldn't believe it too. my date is 20/11/2011. gotten my venue. now i'm sourcing for bridal gowns, PG, VG, etc...

Stephanie : Venue is Shangri-la. Ahahahha...yeap. we're the nov brides. I hope i will be able to settle most of them asap....then i will be a relax nov bride~ by next year =)

chloe11

siy: welcome.....wow...your AD and dinner date has yet been confirmed?? hope you'll do it fast cause I guess most hotels are being snapped up pretty quickly....

I've confirmed everything just left with confirming my ROM venue which I have already choosen but have not signed with them and my chuch buffet....

happylilone

Siy: welcome! Ends of year are v popular but dun be too stressed up yar?

Chloe: I've finally confirmed my AD last sat! It's gonna be 13th nov 2011! Din take hotel though.. Guess restaurants are not too filled up yet.. we're going for noble house. Just love the cosy setting.

gelobeano

hi miumiu and stephanie! i am a nov BTB too. My fiance and I have just booked our PG (ChuianFeng from 1950 Photography) and VG (Bernard Teo from Reddot Studio). Both are really friendly and their packages are quite comprehensive too. Hope this will help in your preparations!
happy.gif

summer_dream12

hi Gelobeano: Thank you for your recommendation. will take a look at it..

hi SIY: my Prewedding also from BlueBay
happy.gif
when are u gng for ur photoshoots?

chloe11

happylilone: wow....that's finally and it's great you booked your venue alreadi...so guess now left with all your DIY right? your PG/VG booked alreadi?? how about your ROM? the other time you said you had some problem right? I'm going to book my venue sometime this week too...then i'm done....
happy.gif

wonder how Isa's doing....long time no update from her too....
happy.gif

styleinyou

hi gals, ya am getting bit stress into looking here n there for location....

Stephanie> thinking of going either in early Aug or thinking of yr end....i hoped to get good lighting for my shoots but im afraid of getting hot n sticky
sad.gif

happylilone

Chloe: yup.. Now tt I finally got the exact place and date.. I actually did a sample of my invite to show FH.. He approved.. And we went to buy the papers and ribbons last sat..
happy.gif

ok side track a lil... Gals, anyone wan get papers, go to Fancy Paper at the building near bras basah.. Oppo national library.. Loads to choose from.. And ribbons from Kin Soon at 36 Arab st.. Another place spoilt for choice!

Ok back.. Yup.. My rom venue is kinda halfway through.. Finalized but not booked.. But oso not scared, cos dun think many ppl will think of where we'll be holding our ceremony.. My PG was settled some time ago.. VG will be a fren so no booking needed!

chloe11

happylilone: wow....so you're also like me...more or less done...so your really doing cupcakes as your wedding favours? i doubt i'll be customising anything besides my BS cards...my creativity level is too low...sobs
sad.gif
and i'm really tied up trying to finish my giagantic cross-stitch which i resume a year later...hahahaha....

Oh ya...and i'm also not done with my montage...hope to start soon...been so lazy....hahaha....

happylilone

Chloe: I'm still trying out various ways to do cupcake deco.. As of now.. Cupcakes are still my priority.. Jus how to decorate them.. I'll try out buttercream icing tmr night..
happy.gif
rather big jump for me.. Cos I've nv done bakin in my life except in home Ed classes... Hahahah..

Doesn't matter abt the creativity part.. Cos there are so many references nowadays.. It's really simple.. Just down go personal preferences actually.. I'm doing cross stitch also! I'm doing 12 frames, each one for 1 zodiac..

chloe11

happylilone: wow....i love baking and cooking...but selectively....i think i can bake cakes better than cookies...just did some butter cookie and chocolate lava cake yest...felt sick after that cause the smell's too sweet and overwhelming that i kinda skipped dinner...hahahaha....

how big is yours? mine is the 1M i think....reali reali huge....the pattern consist of 6 A3 pages....and i'm only finishin the 2nd page...feel kinda frustrated wheneva need 2 continuously change the threads....vomit blood....but at times it does feel a little therapeutic...hehehe....

happylilone

Chloe: hahah.. Yar.. No doubt cross stitch requires hell lot of patience.. It's 12 small round frames abt 6 inches across.. The big one is my next proj.. Tt one is abt 25 by 36 inches..

My only concern is if take too long to do, the cloth jus yellow..

chloe11

happylilone: i stopped for a year but my cloth still quite white...maybe can try keeping it in a ziplock bag or the initial plastic wrapper...some of them i did a long time ago like mayb close to 10 years and the cloths are still white....

happylilone

Chloe: yup... My zodiac's on black.. Brings out the colours v nicely.. My humongous one is on white.. There's blue and there some with shimmery threads in them..

chloe11

happylilone: wow....i'm sure they'll b really nice....but don't like to deal with shimmery threads...where you got those from??? maybe can consider making them as well once i'm done with my huge one...hahaha...
happy.gif

Hi chloe!
Thanks for remembering me! lols.

Been a super hectic time for me. As usual busy with work. Then my car was broken into.. My fault actually. Left my lappy on my passenger seat and went for dinner. Hurriedly bought another one cos was going to away for 2 weeks meeting. Just came back and had some time to catch my breath.

That aside, no progress on the planning.. Will be meeting a shifu this Friday to finalise the AD date. The two initial dates either no good for me or him. And lately been having more quarrels than usual about the wedding. Funny to be quarreling over webcam. Some times I really feel drained.

lilone: Your venue sounds super mysterious! hehe. Thanks for the recommendations on the ribbons!

Siy: Its already very hot and sticky now.. Thanks to global warming. Don't forget sunblock on your outdoor PS.. My gf came back burnt from Bintan.

happylilone

Chloe: got those from spotlight.. Else the knotty shop at bras basah is good too!

IsA: now I finally understand why I always get scolded for not reminding fh to keep his notebook.. Had always thot it was no big deal.. Must be frustrating for u.. After all it's not the laptop, it's all the work in there..

Hey.. Dun be jaded yar.. Guess quarrels are inevitable, esp when both of u get busy.. Sometimes he gets on my nerves so much, I'll jus ignore him.. Den he'll noe when to respond and come back and apologise..

My venue's not mysterious at all! I'm holding rom at British club and dinner at Noble House.. Not many go for restaurants I guess.. So I have virtually zero competition for these places.. No prob abt the ribbons, I bought 100 bucks worth from them already and another 250 worth of paper from the other..

lilone : Hais.. Sometimes I feel like I'm wanting the wedding more than he does. Once He got so carried away with work and forgot I was still in my office working.
Until he call and ask where am I. That was 10 plus at night.

I lost both work and the photos I kept inside.. Big loss. So those who lug their lappies around, be safe and take the trouble to lock it up.

happylilone

IsA: yar.. I felt tt I wanted the wedding more den my fh too! But I've come to terms with it tt I'm most likely not the only one ard feeling this way..

My fh oso gets carried away with work.. Just last sat, he ended his interview late and I had to wait 2 hrs for him outside.. it's not the first time, and I can't even call him at all.. Men are like that..

Anyway, have the shifu to give u a date.. My experience is, the weekend dates in the end will be v limited.. Cos they will consider both side parents zodiac and u and your fh's zodiac.. The whole of nov I had only 2 good dates, and we had less limitations cos both our mums are not ard.. less 2 zodiac to consider..

chloe11

Isa: oh my....that's a pretty big loss...

well...like happylilone said...quarrell are inevitable...and I belief it's always the case that we're more eager to get married than the mens...maybe it's just in-build in us....we ladies have more things to do than the guys cause we have more choices from hairdo to heels whereas the guys don't have that many choices compared to us and i belief we are more of a perfectionist so wanna get things done fast and early so things will turn out right...but like my cousins told me not too be too particular cause last minutes there may be so hiccups...

Reading both of your account I think I should be more grateful cause he does accompany me around and stuff and not quarrell so much...but i guess it's those little details that make us quarrell cause those big decision is much easier compared to the details.....

Happylilone: thanks...will go over and find some nice cross-stitch once i'm done...wow....i didn't know that calculating the dates take so many things into consideration....we didn't calculate our dates....just decided on it and both our parents not that superstitious about the calculation things...so guess i'm lucky in this sense....
happy.gif

styleinyou

lsA> wow i been always putting my laptop behind my passengers seats thinking that my laptop bag is black & my seat is black, no one can see...
think i too have to take extra careful...
btw, where did u met such an incident? I got to be careful when i in that area...

Happylilone> after David Tong see my dates, most of the dates in Nov all falls into weekdays. esp. Wed. Then after the 2nd Shifu see, also say one of that Wed is better. Then i did a comparison with the 2011 good dates. So most probably I get a weekday as of now. Hence, not as stress as those for yr end weekend dates which were super hot dates...

happylilone

Siy: yup.. I consulted David too! My 2 best dates were 1st nov and 13th nov.. We were seriously considering 1st but it's on a Tuesday.. For us, it's fine den I started thinking for our jiemeis and xiongdis.. In the end, not v nice to ask them to take leave.. So stick to weekend..

Tong shu oso said 13th's good for weddings.. Tts according to the iPhone version though.. So.. Tt's how we concluded the date.. Else it's 20 oct or 31 dec..

lilone : shifu arriving sin on friday.. so cross fingers i can get some answers then.. =x

all the plans are on hold now. to proceed i need his time, attention and agreement. but half the time i'm discussing, his phone either rings, or he's day dreaming thinking about his car or thinking about work. we were walking around shopping, and he din realise i wasnt beside him for a good ten minutes. is it just him or am i over reacting?

iphone has tong shu 2011? wow!

chloe: i wish my fh was half or 1/3 or 1/4 interested!! we're supposed to attend a wedding show, but i guess it's slipped his mind le... =S
but dates wise i am generally ok. but fh is super pantang. even anything to do with his unlucky number after shifu told him was being thrashed. even one of the property he had at tiong bahru was sold off even though the tenant just signed the agreement. *big sigh*

Siy: I lost it in geylang. went to eat a late dinner at g7 Lor 3. But i heard it happens all around SIN, so in general just remember to be careful...

happylilone

IsA: it's prob not the tong shu but it's called the 10 thousand year calendar.. Which will tell u which day is good or no good for marriage, shifting house etc..

And u are not alone!! My fh's phone jus rings like noone's business too.. Sometimes when I talk to him, he suddenly said something totally out of context.. Turns out.. It's work.. At least your FH goes shopping with u.. Mine, unless it's for himself, he will nv go near orchard (unless to pick me up from work).. I do my own shopping if I need to..

10 mins is a lil too much in my opinion.. But I did disappear before cos he was so engrossed on the phone.. Inthe end got scolding..
sad.gif
hahah.. But come to think of it now, it's a lil funny.. I can't help your fh this time and seriously it's not over reacting..

Well... I'm kinda used to it by now and this is the guy I always wanted to be with.. His nonsense is part of him and there's no way I can take all the good parts and leave behind the bad ones.. Maybe it's good to ponder why u guys got tog in the first place...

chloe11

Isa, happylilone: oh well...guess it's just guys lah.....

As for me....i hardly go out shopping unless there's a need and i prefer staying home....maybe that's why i don't have that many complains....

gelobeano

hi, i have something to consult with you ladies..other than booking the hotel banquet, VG and PG, is there anything else that should be done now? given that the AD is in nov 2011. would appreciate if you can advise! coz htb and i are lost when it comes to wedding planning!

happylilone

Morning gelobeano, I guess it depends on the extent of how much u want to do it yourself.. For me now, it's a lot of research and ideas.. My list will include a whole load of handicrafts..

But I guess the minimum is:

1) find jp (if not already married legally)
2) shop for rings (same as above)
3) source for bridemaid dress design
4) source for mua for bridesmaids
5) source for tailor if there's any tailormaking
6) if not getting favours/invites from hotel/restaurant, have an idea how u want them to look like
7) guestlist!!
8) music?

for now I'm focusing on item 6, it's v much different from most brides I guess.. So yup! Happy preping!

styleinyou

Hi Gals,

I see some 2011 Nov dates from the forum which can share.

2011å¹´11月结婚å‰æ—¥
11月01æ—¥ 星期二 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å月åˆå…­
11月05æ—¥ 星期六 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å月åˆå
11月09æ—¥ 星期三 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å月åå››
11月13æ—¥ 星期日 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å月åå…«
11月21æ—¥ 星期一 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å月廿六
11月25æ—¥ 星期五 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å一月åˆä¸€
11月30æ—¥ 星期三 è¾›å¯æœ¨å…”å¹´ å一月åˆå…­