(2011/11) Nov 2011 BTB

chloe11

happylilone: wow....your really amazing....i'm using the ang pow box the hotel providing but it's just for display...hahahaha....

oh ya...remember sometime back i told you bout the shop i'm getting my BM dresses from at Far East? went back to the shop to get their card and it's not the one you mention but opposite that shop...the shop is called Ziyi....

isa: i guess some man are like tt lah...hehehe....i guess if you know his pattern like that i think you should hire domestic helper next time...hahahaha...my HTB promise this and that but i'm skeptical i belief they promise the moon and sky now but once married they'll just forget everything....

i'm using The Little Flower Shop...took their package cause having church wedding...their bouquet is really nice too...hehehe...they made my proposal bouquet...you can check them out at www.thelittleflowershop.com.sg and if your intending to get them I recommend Shirley....she's really nice and she personally did my bouquet...hehehehe....
happy.gif

happylilone

Chloe: If I can't get a real cake.. I model one lor! Haha.. To fit my colour theme oso! I dropped by ziyi oso.. But I do find tt the owner rather unfriendly and their dresses are seriously not cheap.. Neither do they do rentals.. To buy off their rack is more ex den to tailormake in my opinion..

joy79

hi Chloe, thanks for your advice. I have seen Raffles Hotel and Fullerton. Like Fullerton Straits Room but family prefers to go for better food than ambience. Family prefers Sheraton. But I haven't seen Sheraton's Topaz room yet. Anyone seen it?

chloe11

happylilone: the cakes are usually fake leh....only the top tier is real...i'm also thinking of tailor making but it's very troublesome because need to find tailor and fabric and stuff and 2 of my BM are not in s'pore...

joy79: so your looking for small ballrooms? actually i choose my hotel based on the price and viewed that hotel only...hehehe...view too many later cannot make up my mind so i just viewed the hotel i choose and confirmed on the spot...hehehehe....
happy.gif

happylilone

Chloe: I wanted a real cake actually.. No real cake tts why I wanted to give my guests cupcakes as favours lor, along with a homemade cupcake tower
happy.gif
.. yar.. U did say tt tailormaking is out for u.. I was only thinking if ziyi's dresses are value for money..

btb_dora

lsA: the planning service only include AD coordination? what about other services like PG+VG and GDL etc? Extra charges for all these?

chloe11

happylilone: wow....your really amazing...then i think better start now....

dora: that i'm not sure....but we'll definately be getting the cake...hehehe...

joy79

Hi Chloe, yup i am looking for smaller ballrooms. Capacity of 100-150 persons. So choices are limited. I also try to look for those with nice ambience and nice food too....you got any recommendations?

chloe11

joy79: i really have no idea....hahaha...but you can try to check out 4 seasons....i'm getting their ballroom but they have a smaller ballroom which suits your requirement...as for their food...haven't tried eating there before...but you can try...can try getting Meng Wen...she's really good...
happy.gif

rikko

I also am considering Sheraton. Mine is a lunch affair and I like the small waterfall setting they have for solemnization. Anybody here got comments about sheraton? is the food good? The banquet sales manager dont work on weekends though, so have to meet and discuss on wkdays evening
sad.gif

endlesnow

hi joy79, my AD is at Sheraton - but il be taking the main ballroom. If you are considering topaz room, i have seen it and if im not wrong, it is beside the main ballroom. It's looks ok, ceiling height is normal but i dun recall if thr r any candeliers. My feel is that if you are taking any Sat/Sun in Nov, it will clash with the main ballroom becoz it is on the same floor-2nd floor. And being the smaller wedding, you will have firstly (a)less attention from the coordinator because the focus wil be on the main ballroom, secondly (b) reception area will be at a corner, instead facing the lobby, which will be taken by the main ballroom wedding (which is better), and lastly (c)your guests are likely to compare and parking can kill because the carpark is not that big.

Unfortunately for small ballrooms, i feel, you may need a more exclusive reception area (even if it is small) so that your guests wont clash. That is just my opinion. So when I went to look for mine, i was looking at (a)Goodwood and (b) Hilton, because the reception area is seperate.

Hi Leong, i was also at the waterfall solemnization and the deco was so-so only when i went.what i wanted was lots of flowers to create romantic feeling,so it was ranked ok for me.

Food at Sheraton for banquet is catered by Li Bai-which so far i have only hear good reviews, but i dont know about solemnisation food. You should go read the sheraton review under wedding banquets link.

If you guys need help with the package, or coordination, i can send you my package or coordinator direct contact for efficiency!

endlesnow

hi happylilone,u shd decide on venue as well becoz i heard that flowers need to b reserved and chopped.your wedding date is STUCK in the middle of 111111 and 201111..hhm.. maybe u wil like to reconsider?

endlesnow

hi isa,unfortunately, my fiance is the same age as me,which means i work longer than him, thus ALL expenses are spilt equally.sighz. diff to ask him to pay more also since his money will also be my money in the future...

happylilone

Jasmine: the date came frm a fengshui master actually and we wan weekends. So other den 131111 is 311211.. Which is potentially unhealthy for the pocket... So there wun be tendency to change bah..

Flowers wise.. I'm getting external florist.. So I oso guess that there's no need to reserve? If there's a need to den I guess my teacher will know wad to do..
happy.gif

endlesnow

happylilone,good for u! its just something the hotel coordinator mention to me, so i tot il bring it up.

r u baking ur cupcakes? im getting my solemnisation at one rochester, so they promise me a genuine first tier, and 2nd and 3rd tiers are cupcakes. the first tier cake cost 100+ btw. sighz.. any designs in mind?

happylilone

Jasmine: yup! It's still pretty much an option now.. I'm between cupcakes and cookies.. Shall decide after my baking class tmr! ~excited~

the first tier cake go for fondant.. It's basically a smooth layer of solidified molten sugar that wraps around the cake like wrapping paper.. Ask for floral deco too! Flowers made out of sugar.. V nice!! For ideas, go to www.theknot.com.. Loads of real cake pics.. For the really nice ones, visit www.carlosbakery.com.. U'll fall in love with fondant..

happylilone

Btw.. I modelled my ang pao box to try to look like something from Carlos.. Worth checking out.. But will tempt u to get a real tiered cake!

Dora : Tts what I thought. But nothing in her package states the AC and GDL items. Haven had time to sit down to read as its been hectic these days. But I guess perhaps I'll save some money and do research on my own..

JASMINE : My FH has in been business longer than me(thus perhaps more streetwise.) And definately has more savings than me! LoL.
He din request me to fork out anything, but its stressful when I start doing the sums for budgeting. So I'm just setting aside my savings and just pay for the expenses when the bills come. =)

Hi, sorry to disturb here... I am selling away this BRAND NEW figurine at 15% less, retail price is $95. Interested party kindly PM me. Thanks.

1420595.jpg

wow~ All the BTBs are planning fast.
Venue has been decided. Is it really more cost saving to engage an external florist to those tie up with hotels?

any bridal to recommend? Been to Bridal Veil, Silhouette only.

Plan to visit Ted Wu, Fran_is Cheong (diff spell for forum ban reason), The Link during this coming weekend,appointments made.

Have the BTBs source or booked your Photographers and Videographers on AD? Will it be too early to book them?

miumiu: Its better to book early, esp if your AD is a big day. I will be checking with my banquet coordinator first on how much are they charging for the flowers and get an external florist to quote to do comparision.

IsA: That's why I'm kinda getting cold feet now.

Been planning to settle for bridal asap, but am afraid of the "regret" feeling when 2011 comes. You've booked your Venue, bridal and PG + VG already?

So this means that same goes to MUA. But will the MUA take booking one year in advance?

Are the BTBs nervous when you've start planning and makes booking for everything?
I am... and it's kinda scary now. So scare that i might make the wrong decision on those bridal stuffs. =/

happylilone

miumiu: in order of priority,
1) venue ( which I haven't settle)
2) PG, VG and MUA esp the popular ones and oso on a good date
3) bridal studio

flowers and everything else comes in later I guess.. Dun get too many things in your mind first cos that will just stress u out big time..

I was at a point in time v stressed out.. Cos of all these planning and my FH din help either.. In fact his bo chup ness made me feel like I'm all alone in this.. But after we went down to several places for the dinner venue, it all felt much better.. At least we kinda reserved our date with the venues. Dun be nervous, have a list of venues tt u would like to visit.. And start off from there..

miumiu: I've Settled My BS. As we're planning for overseas PS, there are some details we need to work out. AD PG I have more or less made up my mind. Wanted him for our overseas BS but it's uber bursting our budget. So we decided to just go ahead with the original BS PG. You can request for the specific MUA you want and they can make a remark for you. Rem to stress this when negotiating with your BS.
Check out the wedding planners given free with the bridal magazines. You can use that as a guide for your planning.

lilone: Its the same feeling I am going through, sometimes its pretty stressful especially when the FH asks if we have gotten the best deal. But somehow sometimes I feel better doing these research alone cos I know what I want and he just doesnt have the time to research. For him, he just wants to make sure the money is well spent and not being cheesed off. Then he's ok.

happylilone

IsA: same here.. Luckily he liked all the places I shortlisted.. I guess I already noe wad he prefers oso.. The stressful period at least is over for now.. I'm much much more relaxed compared to abt a month ago.. So now I can focus all the small stuff..

Do relaxing stuff! I was learning cupcake deco and it's things like tt that kept me sane.. So.. Relax gals!!

Happylilone: Yes.. my FH also didn't help out much either. Because he's too tight with his schedules. Only the venue he has time to settle with me. Anyhow, we didn't have many choices for venue. We visit only two hotels and make the decision already.

are you making cupcakes as your wedding favors?

IsA: You're planning for overseas PS. Me too. But have yet to find a place to settle with as well as the BS. =/ so meanwhile, i shall continue planning~

happylilone

Miumiu: yar lor.... haizz the guys!! U are not alone.. So think on the bright side ok? We can always brainstorm here.. :p

Yup.. After sat's class, I've decided to go with cupcakes.. So I'll be baking after work today to try a new recipe.. Wanted to show 1 of the pics.. Replying with my phone so can't upload the pic..

Happylilone: Woah! to bake cupcakes for your guests this is really sweet. I don't think i can do that.
I'm looking for nice wedding favors. Any recommendation?

But i thought of having a real 5 tier wedding cake. Where to source for them? I found nice pictures of wedding cakes, but not the bakery.

happylilone

Miumiu: wad favours are u looking at? Edible? or for display?as for the 5 tier cake, u can go www.cakeavenue.com or weddingcakes.sg..

Both of them have pretty nice cakes.. Wedding cakes usually have a price tag of $50 per kg if u go for the really nice fondant or royal icing ones.. And a 5 tier one is easily 20 to 25 kg..

Happylilone: Thank you so much. =)
How many pieces can i get from 20-25Kg? I have around 800-1000 guests.

Wedding Favors, i'm thinking of getting those they can use or keep? I saw a Key Ring which cost$3.80 -$4.00 and a wine opener $3.00. I'm still looking around. Hoping to find something nice and unique. =)

happylilone

Miumiu: no prob! I'm gauging 1kg can feed 10 person? So to cater to 800-1000 ppl.. Hmm u need 4 to 5 5 tiered cakes!!

I wanted to do a real cake actually.. But the setback is the cost, den my guests may be too full for another cake at the end of dinner.. Tts why I'm thinking cupcakes cos my AD's on Sunday evening.. So at least I cater to my guests' Monday morning breakfast already..

Happylilone: nice idea to cater to your guest breakfast on monday morning.
My AD is also on a sunday evening. =)
The cake for the after dinner is pretty risky in this case. Shall reconsider is this is needed. Hotel is giving me one tier genuine cake. Probably this will go to the red tables.

oh ya. and i wanna ask abt the AD PG. how would you all allocate the hours? 5hrs each? which would you allocate more? day event or evening event?

lilone: I wish I had the time to do something! My nights usually end like 8-ish, so after dinner basically there is no where else to go, besides drinking. Initially I also thought of taking up some classes to destress, unfortunately with my working schedule, its almost mission impossible..
My only prob now is we dunno how many guests are his parents inviting.. *headache*

miumiu: usually bridal shows are able to offer you more perks, like wedding shows at hotels. check out the bridal magazines.. Or decide on which country you'd like to have your PS, than check on the best BS that can cater to your needs.

happylilone

Miumiu: I guess there's really no need for you to allocate.. U can talk to your pg later when u have engage yours.. Usually those that charge for a full block of 10 hours dun mind it exceeds by a bit.. And they are experienced enough to allocate for u.. The pgs tt charge by hour den u dun have to worry abt allocation..

IsA: yar.. Sometimes I envy career women like yourself.. But I sit back and think and still feel tt I'm still v much fortunate. At least I can still do wad I like after work.. I took up yoga a while ago.. Some if these classes start pretty late and it's pretty relaxing.. Maybe can try that?

My FH had no time to calc the number of ppl he's inviting. But I guess tts not detrimental.. I did tell him yest to let me know soon.. Cos I'm ordering things from overseas.. I told him if he doesn't count soon, I'll just over order.. He got scared at tt one.. Cos doesn't want to waste $$.. Haha.. I have a feeling by this weekend I'll have an answer..

Maybe u can try it! Hint to your in laws tt u getting stuff from overseas so it's good to know a rough figure..

Happylilone & IsA: ahahha..yeap. I'm reading Bridal magazines to source for Bridal shows available as of now. So far i only been to bridal veil wedding show.

Photographers: because Chris Ling charges only a block of 8hrs. which i think it's not enough for me on the AD. anything thereafter, he charges another rate. Just wanna see which will weight more, either day or evening.=)

I've been to silhouette, they quoted me 15k exclude PG. The FH feels that we're on chopping board, when every gown is off the rack and they charges me like that. He wants the gowns to turn out on par to the amount he is paying. so i guess i have to continue sourcing...

lilone: I'm no career woman.. just that my clients are mostly europe based, so i've to allocate my time to suit theirs.. i wish i could take your place. can talk shop with my gfs anytime. wanted to try yoga, but unsure of which is a better one to go to. the cc near my places starts at 7.30, which i cant afford to.. my gf says it helped her sleep better at night and she even lost abit of weight because of yoga!

my inlaws are away on their holiday. will be back next month.. fh's guest list more or less i have done a rough calculation. now pending my in laws's side. they have a pretty big family in Indonesia. so tts my biggest headache. =(

fh's sometimes a challenge to make decisions with. just last nite we were at movies with a group of friends. i arrived late and he was sitting at the other end so i din trouble his frens to change seats. after the show we were all talking about it over coffee, and he gave us the blur look. then his buddy told me he was on his bb working during the show. (ok it was a romantic comedy so perhaps he wasnt too keen on it)

*pulls hair in frustration*

miumiu: 15k sounds pretty steep, given your gowns are OTR.. but perhaps they have given you more perks than the other BS? o BS shopping this weekend, get more quotations and compare them.

happylilone

Miumiu: I have to agree that 15k is putting u guys on the chopping board.. Have u asked around in the silhouette thread? So to have a better idea?

IsA: aiyoh.. So workaholic! And I thot my bf is bad! Cos he constantly tells me he has a company of staff to feed.. I forbid FH to have a bb anyway.. :p I do yoga at fitness first.. So I go for class as I like and tts one scheduled.. It helped a lot I feel.. I feel tt my temper has even improved!

It's a consolation tt all of us have got loads of time to prep for things.. Dun put too much stress on yourself gal!!

lilone: Yr FH said the exact same thing as mine, cept he added that I am a very expensive mouth to feed. (as if) he cannot leave his bb alone. so much as i wanna drown it in the nearby drain, i have to respect him. perhaps i shld join you for yoga!

and i agree it helps that we still have over a year to go. =)

time for me to get busy, the ang mohs are awake! lol!

the_moment

Leong: I had solemnisation at Sheraton. Frankly was really unhappy. The overall experience was bad. Can PM me if you want to know more.

miumiu: seems you have quite a budget. I love Sophia's gowns but do not have the budget. Gorgeous gowns! Maybe you can go take a look.

pinkglove

hi miumiu: im surprised that Sil quoted u 15k.. the package's usually 4-5k without PG depending on e gowns chosen or wat u wish to be included & if it's MTM WG / WG for keeps, it'll cost quite a bit more.. hmm.. is there any special stuff to be included in e package?

btb_dora

SSAC: how come it was a bad experience?? Who was your coordinator? I tot they had this beautiful waterfall for the solemisation???

happylilone & IsA : yeap, read the good reviews about them and decided to visit them to see their bridal gowns. But FH feels there's nothing special about their gowns. Instead, he asked me to make appointment with Fran_is Cheong. never heard of him until recently. Anyhow, I have to continue to source...

FH also dun have much time to do all the things with me. now wedding planner is on the list if we should engage one. Therefore, now i'm doing homework before we really engage a wedding planner.

SSAC: do you have the link? not sure if i surf the correct web. the one i saw was overseas. care to paste the link here? thanks! =/ hee~

Pinkglove: yes they do charge a basic of 4K plus close to 5K. but that's the basic of the OTR gowns. After we do the sums of what i wanted. it added up to 15k. The gowns they quoted me on is :2WGs (a day and a evening), 2 EGs, cheongsam. where these are OTR without the extra perks i want. I guess if i wanted something more out of their materials, i might hit a close to 20K. they quoted me basic cost for all the OTR. exclude the sum of the FH suit. Then now the FH asked if i wanted a vera wang gown instead. But i have no intention to keep WG. I find that it's pretty wasteful.

any BTBs here sign up with bridal veil? I heard from my sis that their design is simple yet class of its own.
I like their service and FH like their suit.
not sure if this will be the one i might be settling with until i'm done visting other BS.

on the other hand, will you(BTBs) consider to get your EG and WG from overseas?

happylilone

IsA: hahaha.. Drowning a blackberry in a longkang sounds pretty fun! Still got loads of time.. Fret not ok? Take a step at a time.. My colleague only looked for bs and venue 3 mths before her wedding.. She's still in one piece so I'm pretty much sure we can get over anxious sometimes..

Miumiu: the math of 15k still doesn't sound quite right to me.. I'm assuming 1wg and 1 eg otr from sil is 5k.. 15 means u can take 2 of these packages and have 5k left to tailor a cheongsam from max! And max's cheongsam are somewad to die for and doesn't carry tt kinda price tag..

Happylilone : yup guess how my FH feels too. they didn't lay down the exact figures for us. becos for the wedding i will need 2 WG 2EG one cheongsam and a tea dress(which i'm gonna buy instead of tailor made)

You've mention max's cheongsam. you have the link? I'm looking for double lace cheongsam. =)

happylilone

Miumiu: max doesn't have a website.. Ironically the tailor's name is wilson.. The shop's at tanjong katong shopping centre, tucked away in a corner.. Call max couture..

If u are interested, there's a thread called cheongsam in this forum that is almost dedicated to him.. He does full lace CS and beading works and can even add a train to your CS.. He's seriously worth checking out.. Though I dunno wad u mean by double lace.. But talk to him, I'm sure he does wonders!

pinkglove

Miumiu: I think tats reali too exp, u can get like wat others have mentioned 2 packages. N For ur budget, u can get v. Gd tailors/seamstress who specialize in cheongsam to do ur CS. Dang bridal is v famous for their cheongsam. U can make appointment w them to discuss. I've seen nice full lace cheongsam at dang ;) Tan Yoong does very nice CS n EG too.

lilone: Maybe I'm Overparanoid Ba..
Lols..

Off Topic : Anyone Is / Was A Patient from Dr Georgia Lee's TLC? Wanted To Check On Their Services But Seems e Webby Is Under Construction..

Or Any Other Aesthetic Surgeons To Recommend?