(2011/09) SEPT BTB

janice_ong

Mrs Ng~ You let me know then
happy.gif
keke And have fun in Taiwan! The pictures will turn out great!
happy.gif

I am so exicited as I am going to see the design of my gowns this Saturday ;) I hope it will turn out to be something I like! keke...

simple_will_do

Good morning everybody!! Its Friday again liao =)

Mrs Ng, May and g2hong => i've PMed/emailed all of you the package details of MusicBox. Do check.

Welcome gal to the forum! U can share with us what u have done so far! =)

mrsng

Thank you Junie!!! Thank you to all the SEPT BTBS!!! For being so nice haha..
Will upload the pics to show u all once i m back... provided i know how to do that... Cos i dunno how to upload pic to forum haha...

Gal>> Welcome!!!

jasminechan

Hi all,
I'm also a BTB in Sept 2011.
I'm actually very confuse about the cheklist of things to prepare.. -- my dowry, and return gifts to grooms family.
Anyone can help??
Cheers,
Jasmine

juz_gal

Thanks junie and Mrs Ng (btw, i'm another Mrs Ng too :p)...

I'm a lazy bride.. so have yet to complete much either... so far only managed to confirm my hotel, BS and still considering if i wan to engage live studios for the banquet..

but lucky for me, my BS pkg came with PG, and optional if i wanna top up VG (which comes with AD morning highlights)..

not sure wat else do i need to do besides the abv??

maybebabe

@Junie! Thanks for emailing the package!
happy.gif

@Gal, welcome to this thread!

@Jasmine.. I've been to one of the GDL shops in People's Park, they do a whole hamper of things you need for both the dowry and also return gifts to the groom.. I only found out about the price for my dowry..it's $88 for the hamper. Though look around first.

Basically for the dowry:
2 sets of dragon and phoenix candles and stand (one set to be returned to groom)
12, 16, or 18 oranges (half to be returned to groom)
Pin Jin
Nappy money
2 bottles of liquor
8 types of candy
Red cloth (for hanging at the door I think?)
Si Dian Jin (4 pieces of gold)
All these in a basket

And to give to the groom (OK my list may not be right as we are simplifying these):
Wash basin
Spitoon
Baby bath pail
Tea set
bedroom slippers (used to be clogs)
2 bottles of orange juice in exchange for the Martell
Set of lamps

This is a rough guide only! If I'm not wrong it varies from dialect group to dialect group..for some pig trotters in cans are required. The above i;ve given you are based on the crash course given by the guy at the shop. There are also other things of course..for anchuang etc etc.

Try these two links:
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/36737/510742.html

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-complete-checklist-for-guo-da-li-1282308387.html

@all.. I got my bolero today! one more thing down! Jody at Jody Apparel is really good and she rushed it out for me..I'm really happy with the quality too. She's at Far East Shopping Centre and I can definitely recommend her!

I went to Spotlight today too..so many things! Anyone here who wants to DIY they have wedding stuff.

g2hong

Hi Junie,

Thank you so much
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Ng,

Read that you're going to taiwan for your ps, i'm also goin to taiwan in apr 10
happy.gif
. Enjoy yourself and do share wif us your experience when you're back
happy.gif

txl

thats greats may!!!
one load off you shoulder =) well done
juz_gal>>>dont worry hee hee i did nothing more than you too =p
Mrs Ng>>>cant wait to see you PS =) enjoy the process and holiday =)

simple_will_do

Gd morning everyone!

My past weekend was a hectic but fruitful one! Travelled a lot of places to find the ideal ceiling and wall light and wall fan for my new room! The renovation of my new room is gonna take place tomorrow! I'm super excited now. wahahaha..

On Sunday, I met up with the MusicBox ppl at my banquet restaurant to check out the restaurant's mixer and etc. My banquet manager was very impressed with their professionalism and the ambience they created when they started playing on their keyboard and guitar. We even had a chance to test the speaker with them by singing a song together! waahhaa.. After the test run, my htb and myself are very convinced that we had made the right decision =)

Hope everyone is making good progress too! ^^

simple_will_do

Good morning ladies! TGIF again! wahaha...

My new room has been renovated! wahaha.. its very nice and cozy. Just need to get a new paint, tv, bed and wardrobe next yaer and it will be 100% complete! ^^Y

So is Mrs Ng back in SG?? Wonder how is her PS =)

txl

ya TGIF friday again haha
hope everyone is doing great at work =)

Junie, you are very efficient!!! Well done =)
My htb prefer to settle the reno next June so at the mean time really nothing much i can do for the preparation of our wedding hee hee

Cant wait to see Mrs Ng PS picture haha
when will you be taking yours Junie?

juz_gal

anybody doing a list? (collate the wedding details eg. hotel, bs, dates etc). saw the table at some threads so just curious..

i noticed some of us having the same dates for our AD.. mine is on 25 sept..

txl

mine is on 25 Sept too =)
coming christmas will be exactly 9mths to our big day hee hee

Junie>>>thinking of getting my PS done in March as im not so busy that month hee hee
moreover im juz feeling so excited to get it done...
really hate the waiting haha
very kan cheong person haha

mrsng

Yeah yeah good day everyone!!! Has been busy unpacking since i m back from TW yeah yeah the photo looks nice and in the end i top up to 50 poses on top of what the BS has given me.... Sob sob..

Hmmm nevertheless i will upload the picture to my wedding blog and show u gals.
But its all behind the scene pictures as i guess my soft copies can only come to me after CNY..

Anyway do really encourage BTBs to enjoy the process of your wedding prep cos once its gone its gone n no matter what ppl say or how ppl comment just do ur wedding the way u wanna be so that u wont have regrets hehe!!!

jac_ho

I've been so busy that i didnt have time to drop by. TT__TT

Really envy Sept Brides coz there are still 9 more months to slowly prepare and enjoy the process..

I'm not so lucky,
Now last minute changes that my wedding will be brought forward to maybe May/June/July.. Coz my HTB will be going overseas permanently (with me of coz) and i dont want to have so much hassle in flying back & forth.. arghhhhh havent chosen my gown, PS etc etc... really really stressed out now...

txl

Cant wait to see your pic Mrs Ng =)

Relax jacqueline... look at the bright side =)
at least you dont have to wait for such a long time for your BIG day to be here...
Believe everyone is busy with christmas and new year at this moment... maybe you would like start in Jan?
Uve settled your BS liao right? Do you have in mind roughly how you want you gown to look like?
If so, choosing gown is easy =)
PS taking in singapore? Have any idea where you would like to take?
maybe you can spend some time thinking about the venue during your free time e.g. on the way home from work hee hee and discuss with your htb at night =)
Dont stress dont stress

simple_will_do

Xingli => u are a great person! always so encouraging and ensuring! So PS in march is not too early hor? Cos its 6mths in advance ma. I tot that will give BS ample time to do up the album for us. hee...

Jacqueline => dun be so stress. any problem try posting it here. see if we can help. =)

Mrs Ng => welcome back!! yeah, can see ur pics soon. So is it very expensive now that u have added another 50 photos to ur album?

As for me, I had went around to look for bed, wardrobe and tv for my new room. Din buy anything cos feel that its too early since the room hasnt even re-painted yet. But may be getting a TV soon cos newspaper reported that there is an over supply of LCD and LED tvs. So prices will be low until Mar 2011. Those who wanna get tv too, can consider buying one soon =)

mrsng

Wah Junie that's a super good news for me sia!!! I need to buy before mar then!!!
Hmm anyway I got a really good contact for furniture u let me know if u want they are cheaper than tradehub n I believe all are from same supplier!!! Hehe then u can compare prices before buying!!!

Hmmm n for my top up yah I manage to get $31 per pc for my top up..... N they agreed to give me extra album so that the album won't spoil easily due to the thickness... Hmmm so I think not too bad hehe!!! N they oso giving me another small album with totally diff pose so I can bring out to show my friend but it's a repeat pose of the big album haha

Dear Jac>> hmmm dun worry ok everything will be just fine!!! U need bridal magazine? I can pass u or I can scanned u the article I tear it up for advice for different stuff which I find it useful hehe! N the gown dun worry just browse through more pics online n have a feel on what kind of WG style u like n show to ur wedding coordinator

Anyway

maybebabe

mrs ng! you're back!!! can't wait to see your pix on your blog..i already caught a glimpse on FB...wah you two look so good!
happy.gif
) so did you enjoy taiwan! share some tips on where to go ok cos i'm going next year!! hehe..

jac...yes relax! Keep calm and carry on! there are still 5 months. I know it sounds like a lot to do and it's overwhelming, but if you break it into many small pieces and allocate maybe an hour each day to do a bit you'll get there!

and like junie said, just post here! a lot of us here have already done something and have lots of resources...just ask and we will help!
happy.gif
)

guess you wont go wrong with a bridal studio as well cos at least they can take care of a lot of things at the same time for you.. good luck!

mrsng

Dear May,

I enjoy my trip totally... hehe n the Cangai Kaohsiung team was simply fantastic... if got chance u should really go kaohsiung for touring purposes. The ppl there are very nice n friendly hehe.
I will ask my HB to send me the itinerary we used. N oso an email from my friend so u can plan ur trip...

juz_gal

anybody with suggestions on outdoor locations for PS, esp for night shots? i'm going for my PS in march.. and would definitely need some ideas on locations..

txl

morning =)
Ive seen nightshot taken near fullerton hotel and clarke quay area and they turn out nice =)
i believe places which are well lit will be good Do you have any location in mind already?

mrsng

Hmmm night shot maybe can go to the singapore flyer?

Hmm anyway one idea is Universal Studio Singapore...

juz_gal

nope.. no idea yet.. not even ideas for daytime shots.. and my hubby is definitely not someone who can give good suggestions.. so it's up to me to think...

littlezhuzhu

Hi ladies, my AD is 24 Sep 11 :p

Mrs_Ng1983: Can i add you on fb to view ya PS pics too? mine is [email protected]

junie: I will be doing my PS in late march or may as my HTB also having ICT in april! Who noe
maybe our HTB are in the same camp :p

Xingli: Universal studio need to pay extra fee to take PS in there which i think is not worth the $ !!

Happy New Year Ladies!

txl

hee hee little zhuzhu im not the one who suggested Universal Studio. Was suggesting near fullerton hotel and clarke quay area... places that are well lit =)

simple_will_do

Hi all, xmas is over and here comes the new year!! We are about 8 months away from our wedding liao! That's fast right? haha...

For the past weekend, my only achievement was to choose photos for my childhood montage. haha... That's consider half the job done right? Also saw a nice tv at a nice price at BEST but my HTB dun wanna buy yet! He wanna read more reviews to know if the brand is ok. Will see how this weekend goes.

Hi littlezhuzhu, welcome to our forum. haha.. I'm a 23 Sep bride. haha... U might be right leh. Scully our HTB really from same camp de. haha..

mrsng

Dear Junie!!! Hmmm which LCD u looking at... Hmmm hor i recce a few places n i think Havery Norman like cheapr eh during their Warehouse sales in Joo Koon Factory.

Hmmmm Apart from that i din receive the music pacakge for the live band can send me again?

Thank you haahha...

Hi mi zhuzhu! Yes my FB is [email protected]
Hmm i was the one suggesting Universal studio. If you are go to oneeyeclick's website will have this couple shooting in Universal studio singapore.

Apart from that i might not do my Local album as my TW trip they provide me with 2 albums le... sob sob.

If not actualyl i have a few nice place in mind le to capture our everyday life...

mrsng

littlezhuzhu>> i think FB got some issues hmmm so can't add.. Its ok u addm e lah.

Hmmm Junie>> Yeah 8 months away soon haahah so happy!!!! I think i super happy loh cos dun need to wait so long le...

maybebabe

@Mrs Ng..Happy to hear you had such a great trip! Yes will definitely visit Kaoshiung...my HTB's mum's is from there! Thanks for the recommendation
happy.gif
)

@Juz_Gal.. any places that are special to the both of you? You can start with that? My friend and her husband went to all their favourite places or places that meant something during their courtship..like Buko Nero or Borders at Orchard Road..

I've also always thought the Ficus Tree at Sentosa is really nice..

@ Littlezhuzhu...welcome!!

@Junie Haha..your HTB sounds like my HTB...must research and read all the reviews before he can buy something technical.

@all.... WE BOUGHT OUR WEDDING RINGS TODAY! yay!

juz_gal

@xingli.. Thanks for the suggestion...

@mrs Ng... Hmm.. I dun reali like universal studios.. I'm the more Disney kind of person.. ;p

@may.. Can't think of much memorable places leh.. Though initially was thinking of siloso beach resort coz we went there once and lose the photos we took there.. But travelling to sentosa will oli mean we got no time to travel to other places.. Then another place that came to my mind was indoor stadium since we've been chasing concerts more nowadays.. But I think it's sort of empty there... More headache on night shots destination actuali.. Congrats on getting ur wedding bands..

@all.. Majority of u getting rom on same day as banquet?

mrsng

Dear Juz_gal, haha i9ts ok to be disney type me oso!!! N i m doing up a theme wedding based on this theme but then the details i m going to start after CNY only hahahaha...

Hmmm actually mine one my local PS places is - Singapore Poly - Cinema - Supermarket - and my home... this is like a flow on how we met, we pa tuo, we start to live together haha... Conceptualize album... Maybe u can work out something like that haha..

txl

not bad junie =) at least you made some progression hee hee jiayou!!!
btw are you doing your own childhood montage?
which program will you be using?

ya so happy its about 8 months away... though ive not prepare much but i do wish it comes soon hee hee

juz_girl>>> Ya im getting rom on the same day =)

juz_gal

Mrs Ng.. I'm oso from Singapore poly!!! Haha.. I'm very interested in ur Disney theme!! Do keep mi updated on wat u intend to do... I was intending to diy my Ang pow box based on cinderella/ princess theme.. But having a hard time searching for nice carriage/ palace to b on the top of the box....

Hmmm.. I was also considering going to the place we rom for ps.. Perhaps I shall email my previous coordinator and check with her..

mrsng

Dear Juz_Gal>>
Hmm yeah sure maybe u add me on msn then i can keep u updated most likely i be starting on after CNY i have some brief plan le. Then i might make a trip to Bangkok or HK before AD if i can make time.
So that i can see got anything nice to buy haha.
Hmmmm i think there's some push cart and oso mini bits selling carriage deco. Its actually jewelery box but they are kind of over priced. You may wan to check there?

hmmm maybe u can buy some masque from those partyware shop or Daiso. Then hmmm let the guest wear it so everyone is like going to the ball.

simple_will_do

Mrs Ng => I've sent u the music box quotation via PM le. Do check k? I am looking at Panasonic 32 inch LCD/LED tv but was told that they are better at making plasma than LCD/LED today leh. Now duno what brand should i look at liao. wahaha...

May => so what made u chose the wedding rings u jus bought? Price or design? haha.. share share leh... =p

juz_gal => my rom and customary is on the same day. As for venues, I havent started thinking of it yet! =p

xingli => yeah, we are doing the childhood montage ourselves leh... we wana save money on this part =p. We are using a software call muvee. Duno got spell wrongly or not. I'll check again tonite. One of my colleagues passed the software to me via thumbdrive so am not sure if it can be downloaded from any website.

juz_gal

@ mrs Ng: The masque idea did came across b4 but it's not so suitable for the older guests who might find it a hassle..

I'm very much into diy (I diy my ring pillow, pens etc for my own rom) so was thinking of doing something for the banquet.. I got this princess snow globe on my last visit to hk Disneyland but it's too heavy to use for the Ang pow box...

@junie.... I guess u shld have shortlisted some venues at least?

maybebabe

@juz_gal Hmm.. night shots. How about from Jewel Box @ Mount Faber? Too far away too? I agree with Xingli too..the area around Fullerton is nice. How about from the top of Esplanade? Or what if you took the boat between Clarke Quay and Boat Quay at night? You could have your train running along the length of the boat!

And yes, I'm having ROM with my reception on the same day.

@Mrs Ng Do you have anywhere to suggest in Bangkok to buy stuff? I'm going to BKK for work mid Jan..thought about buying wedding stuff but dunno where to start!

BTW do you know of any shops in Taiwan/HK that sells GDL stuff online?

@Junie haha..both! and more! I'm more design lah of course.. HTB more on practicality (the material he chose will always be bright and white like platinum but won't scratch!) we were of course aware of price too.. but we had money left over from our store credit with the jeweller..so can buy something else later! You can read more about it at
www.backfullcircle.wordpress.com

hehe..shameless self advertising!

txl

Junie>>>Do keep me updated with the name of the software k coz im considering of doing it myself too... same reason... save money hee hee

mrsng

Juz Gal>> Nvrm take your time i m sure u will come out with a nice theme! Hmmmm well yah for my idea i oso think not many old folks can accept. But hu cares there's always the younger one hu will participate, I just cant please every guest haha.
Hmmm Yah try to use your snow globe somewhere! Maybe at the reception? Me bought one mickey minnie cake stand. Might use it on my wedding cake. *(Provided if i have one)

May>> Let me go check w/ my friends. she always go there one... haha. Hmmm what kind of items u need from HK? TW one not so trendy eh. I mean for the places i went the shops i see its like very old type one.. Hmmm HK is golden complex but i not sure they got post item online or not... But i came across one site before i need to go recall recall.