(2011/09) SEPT BTB

simple_will_do

Hello everybody!

Have confirmed my AD PG and VG liao. heehee... another load off my mind!

Next I'll be working on my new room in my HTB's house.

Hope u gals are making good progress too! =)

g2hong

Hi everybody,

anyone of u hav any gd makeup artist for e actual day? i'm not taking up bridal pkg so have to do a-la-carte.

maybebabe

hello my dears!! I'm back!!!

Thanks all for your help on mother's dresses and groom's suit etc!

Today we visited Cang Ai...cos I was looking for a jacket for my gown, my HTB's suit, my mum's dress...and all the other little extras like car and flowers etc... I really didn't think Cang Ai suited our style when I was flipping magazines.. but their service was really good and they offered us a good package! They can make my bolero for me..and my mum has already got her mother dress, which is actually very elegant... not OTT at all. They also had some nice evening dresses (sorry didn't look at gowns obviously)..So will recommend! HTB also said their photography looked really good...and he;s a fusspot!

BTW, who pays for the mother of bride dress? HTB paid... but I would have thought I'd pick up the tab for this?

Clint! So long never hear from you! Can you PM me the price you got for groom's suit?

Gladys, my friend had quite a good makeup artist for a good price.. I'm going for a trial with him this Wed, so will let you know then? I also have another trial next Monday.. will update you then!

Junie..nice! so exciting!

simple_will_do

Hi all, its 30 Nov le! wow, dec is here! wohoo! Time really pass very fast at the end of the year hor? ^^

Hi May, welcome back!! How's ur trip? Saw anything interesting that can be included on ur AD? hee...

Hi Sharon, I've sourced around before I confirmed my current AD PG and VG. It is the cheapest that I can find (Many thanks for Venetia!). Do let me have ur email address if you wana check with them directly on their quotations!

Everyone, jiayou wor!

mrsng

Gladys, I have one mua to recommend I contact her for my SG prewedding u can pm me if u need her contact her charges are all right for pre wedding for AD u have to check with her...

May>> me from cangai Oso yah their magazine pics not impressive at all. Apart from that their display in the bs oso put very hmmm weird design... But in actual fact they have lots of nice gowns ard. I sign up with them after checking the TW site. But please be careful on the package negotiation as they got a few hidden cost apart from that the car they do not provide...

txl

Gd morning everyone
happy.gif

It's the last day of november liao!!! Horray!!!
Junie u r very efficient
happy.gif
my htb n me were thinking of doing his rm next June only hee hee
Glad u r back may
happy.gif

Seems like our thread is moving again hee hee

txl

morning everyone!!!
Mrs Ng>>>so happy to see what you wrote this morning haha
cant wait cant wait....

janice_ong

Helloooooo...

Everyone is making progress! Keke...

Not for me
sad.gif
panic panic panic

I'm doing alacarte too, Gladys!

I have gone to Allure Charix for MTM gowns and will be seeing the design next week. Other then this, I have only book the venue... I need a VG for AD. Will you gals email me the contact and price please... [email protected]

Thanks a million
happy.gif

maybebabe

Wow janice nice! I was there yesterday! The gowns look very beautiful! Though I was just thinking of getting a bolero
done there since I have my gown
happy.gif

everyone jia you!

txl

Janice dont panic =)
you are not the only one.
Beside settling my PG & VG for AD and BS nothing is done liao hee hee
lets all jiayou together ba =)

simple_will_do

Hi Janice

I've emailed my AD PG and VG info to u a moment ago. Do check =)

Xingli => quickly go think of wat to do to ur HTB's room! wahaha... I mtg contractor (my dad's friend) on the coming Mon or Tue. Need to reno earlier due to some reasons. If not would have waited till next year's May or June too.

maybebabe

clint.. cool that's great to know!

any of you girls tried other MTM boutiques? Love yu?

I'm still trying to find somewhere that can design/make a lace bolero for me.. but dont' think I can afford places like Amanda Lee or Silhouette Atelier.

I like Allure but if I can get something a bit cheaper it'll be better
happy.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks!
may

janice_ong

Thanks junie for the VG/PG.

Thanks for the assurance... Keke... Kind of quarrelled with HTB over my 'panicky' nature... Haiz...

May- if you have a design in mind, you can look for a home seamstress... I am going to use a home seamstress for my bridesmaids' dresses. I have found one. I can help you ask if she can help you with it.

txl

Morning!!!
Wonder have you guys got dresses for you mum and MIL?
was wondering where would be a gd place to get for them

mrsng

Hihi Janice could u share with me the contact of the seamtress? Thanks in advance...

Junie can recommend me the contractors? I need some reliable n cheap cheap one cos renov is exp nowadays.

Hmmm cos my tenant moved out on may only...

txl

Hi Sharon we share the same AD =)
when are you taking ur PS?
I will be taking in Mar so my BS told me to settle by coming Jan

simple_will_do

Gal, its friday evening le. Fast leh! Haha

Sharon=> I hv sent u the details of my AD PG nVG le. Do check.

For me, i will be going down to choose my gown at end jan n photoshoot may be in may. Decided to go BS earlier cos if i cant find anything i like, i can hv a mtm gown.

Mrs ng => nt sure if he is gd n cheap or not. But i ever moved twice before n he was the contractor for my hse lightings n aircon. And he is in this line for at least 20yrs ba. If u want his number, do let me know and i will PM u.

maybebabe

Haha mrs Ng.. Not as kiasu as me.. ;p

happy to hear you got your dress!! Congrats!

Btw try jody from jody apparel at far east shopping ctr.

rainysnow

Thks, Junie. R'ce ur email.

Xingli: i'm new 2 tis forum so still nt sure wif some of the short form. Wat PS, BS, mtm & MIL mean?

txl

No worries Sharon =)
BS = bridal studio
PS = photoshoot
mtm = make to measure
MIL = mother in law

U r so lucky junie... i do not have the budget to mtm so die die must find something i like OTR

txl

Lets pray hard and have faith in the BS we've selected =)
Hope everything will go on smoothly for both of us and everyone in this thread =)
Cant wait to select my gown hee hee

rururoo

hello everyone
happy.gif

for those who are panicking, please don't! because i'm also another one who has settled nothing other than venues, PG, VG and BS haha.

i'm also not sure whether to mtm or not, i have a choice of either MTM WG or EG, or just take OTR and get 3 poses extra. would probably go down BS to ask how long it takes to MTM in the next few weeks and hopefully plan to do PS in april
happy.gif

do all of you know what colour theme you want yet?

txl

morning everyone =)
rururoo>>>have not decided the colour but most likely going for something pastel

simple_will_do

Good morning everyone!

My BS package is the same as rururoo wor... Can choose from the rack or MTM. But i guess they wont let u MTM one gown so easily de hor?? If everyone wants MTM, think they sure very busy and cant make much money liao wor.

I've been to two BS and both offer $3388 with MTM leh. So BS package actually can be cheaper if I dont want to have MTM?

mrsng

Junie>> yeah some bs charge 2988 for OTR... Hmmm but mtm normally some bs will ask brides to pay for material n embroidery hmmm I felt this a bit funny lah cos they normally din mention to btbs only when the btbs decide to mtm... Hmmm one other idea is tell ur coordinator what kind of design u have in mind then when then bring kn new WG they will try to find something matching for u... I only know bridal zone doesthat...

sc_nah

Hihi ppl ,
Monday blue .. very lazy to do any prep .. i tink i see the webpage of all the vg/pg until eye cross le....

On the happier note , i found my MUA.. haha .. is actually my pri sch fren who was make up artist wih anna sui for like many years .. so happy ....but now must source for hair contact liao .. haha ..

Anyone got gown design already ? duno why so happy when i got jiemei dress for the jie mei but so lazy to find my dream dress hahaha ....
'
May-- Your bridal gown in cangai is selected before u went over or when u go over ?

maybebabe

sc_nah, oh..no i didnt sign package with cangai..i was looking for a bolero for my wedding gown, which I bought from a bridal gown shop in London. My mum got her gown there though.

anyway girls, i feel quite chilled out now. finally bought some embroidered tulle from Arab Street yesterday...and saw my seamstress today.. hope that the bolero will turn out well! will know on thursday
happy.gif

mrsng

Morning everyone!!!
Hmmm 4 days down to flying over to TW... and argh so busy at work... Still need to go for dinner with boss and colleagues from Malaysia on Fri Night...
Wonder will i forgot to bring things to TW...

Hmmm anyway things din work that well... my nails are broken once again...n i can only head down to the manicurist on Fri afternoon during my lunch break... Sob sob... So worry the TW weather and the earthquake news...

txl

Morning!!!
Relax Mrs Ng... maybe you can draft out a checklist
in this way its easier for you to know what uve packed or not =)

rainysnow

Agreed with Xingli, Mrs Ng. Prepare a checklist will help u to r'ber what things to bring to TW. Dun stressed urself out. Muz relax.

Any1 decide on the theme for AD?

simple_will_do

Gd morning everybody!

Mrs ng => mai gan giong!! Haha. Everything will be alrite! =)

Sharon => If u r referring to the colour my sisters will wear, most prob will be asking them to wear white. If u r referring to the dinner, i wont be hving a colour theme wor. Lazy to tink of one! Hee. And will make myself unhappy unnecessarily when frens start to complain they dun hv that colour i choose. The restaurant manager also suggest we can deco the ballroom ourselves with balloons and such but my htb n i will jus let our guest see the raw look of the restaurant. Haha! We r a lazy couple.

And i've met up with my contractor ytd. Told him wat we want and he will b giving me the quotation today. Feel tat it is so true tat during wedding prep n renovation, couple tends to hv diff views and may hv some quarells wor. This part really need to learn how to manage. If nt the relationship may be spoilt jus like tat.

Lets stay happy n positive k! Jiayou all!

mrsng

Dear All Thanks for encouragement!!1
Was really busy with work and rush down to Amore for my facial... they ask me to top up package as usual which i have only 4 mths installment left paying but i only used less than half.
In the end i still top up another 1K cos they gave me quite a good deal but i told them on one condition that they are not allow to promote package or stress me into top up until my package is gonna end.

Hmmmm Argh!!! this is what i hate about facical... Hmmm but they are really good haiz...

Hmmm anyway my checklist i think quite hard but i will try to do it. Cos i was thinking of skipping my jap lessons tonight for packing of luggage.
Hmmm so might do that...

My Theme!!!!! Is actually my favourite cartoon character Mickey n minnie wedding dreams. But exact theme name not yet confirm... I seriously encourage BTBs to do "UP" theme it should be very nice..

edwen3231

Wow its been a while and it seems like everyone has been making gd progress on their own wedding preps =)

Would like to check if anyone know any gd & reasonble priced florist for church wedding. My budget is less than $500 as I only need some simple decos.

Also anyone know of any wedding singers besides Yours Truly and Love Me Knot? Please recommend.

sc_nah

Hi venetien ,
i like simply flowers..their decor not bad.. u google can seee..

wedding singers so far i hear is yours truely but if u dun mind classical musical quartet i found this group call fete not bad... google ..ahahhaa

ANYone got reccomendation for tentage ? haiz ... i tinking of going malay wedding company for tentage le .. need a tentage for ROM ceremony ... Budget bursting liao .. :~(

simple_will_do

Hi Venetia, i hv engaged MusicBox to sing at my wedding dinner. U may google to find out more abt them or i can email u their packages. =)

mrsng

Hmmm Janice I have not take a look at ur email my sis number haven't confirm will only do that in next yr...

Junie can send me the musicbox package? Thanks!!!

maybebabe

@ Venetia, for flowers, try Love Droplets or Blissful Thots? I haven't tried them personally but I think they come recommended on some forums.

You might also want to try Olive3. I think they have both church flower + music packages..not sure if there are any singers though.

As for wedding singers try High Notes ( I really like them) or how about Wedding Harmony?

@ Sc_Nah.. for tentage, I got this list from one of the venues I visited last time:

1. Nanyang Inc
2. Hup Chung Tentage System Pte Ltd
3. Kosin Structure Pte Ltd
4. Ngoh Kian Brothers
5. Goh Seng Lai Company
6. Tiong Hwa Steel Structure
7. Lian Yick Metal Tents
8. Hup Guan & Co.

I havent checked out all of them as I didn't need them anymore... some of them in this list might be chair/table hire.

Hope this helps!

@ Junie, can you pm me musicbox's package?

Thanks!

maybebabe

PS. Mrs Ng! Have fun in Taiwan!!! Relax! And you'll look gorgeous for your PS... it's like a holiday away too!
happy.gif
) Tell us about it when you get back OK!?!

It seems HTB and I are flying to Taiwan too after the wedding to visit his family+relatives...it'll be exciting! my first time there!

txl

morning everyone!!!
ya i fully agree with may =) Mrs Ng you should try to relax look pretty and enjoy your holiday and PS =)
may>>> when will you do going to taiwan for visiting?