(2011/09) SEPT BTB

txl

Good morning!!!
Junie>>> my htb and me decided to inform our friends around june but distribute the card early sept =)

simple_will_do

Hi Xingli

Okie. Cos if give them in July like a bit too early hor? So we can email frens in June to confirm their attendance and see how many are coming. =)

We are doing up a schedule to see wat we need to do every month so face a little problem when we reach this part. wahahahaha...

When mine is finalised, maybe can share with u all. wahaha...

txl

Ya. Inform them through email or sms first then the card later =) thats my plan too hee hee
Thanks Junie in advance =)

mrsng

Maybe use FB? I have a lot of friend using FB to ask hu is attending and request for address.
Den from there when the time is nearer then send the cards.

sc_nah

I am tinking of using those wedding.com invite thingy .... Anyone know when should the tiqing be done ?

SO excited ..finally we got our nest!!!!

maybebabe

hello all!! i'm posting from Florence! finally got internet. heheh...can't pull myself away from this forum! :p

xingli..and floss too!! you need to get in between the teeth too! :D

im so tempted to get those invisible 6month braces...can't tolerate my wonky rabbit teeth anymore... but so expensive..hai.

i think 2 to 3 weeks before for invites might be leaving it a bit too late? There's not much room for changes right? I think I agree with Xingli and Junie...send Save The Dates via email first, and then send invites later. I plan to do that too.

Sc_Nah..wow!!! congrats!!! where have you got your new home?

simple_will_do

Its Friday! Weekend is here again! ^^

May-> so shiok de, on 2 weeks holiday leh! I also want... haha...

FB is a good idea leh... I also received an invitation via FB before. But becos of own internet setting problem, I couldnt accept it. End up I emailed that couple to confirm my attendance. =p

mrsng

Dear May!!!
Haha u are addicted to this forum le hehe.
hmmm floss teeth... i think i m lazy... haiz
Hmmm right 2 - 3 weeks might be a bit late.
Hmmm how about 5 - 6 weeks? Maybe after that have to do constant follow up on the ppl attending when coming down to last 2 weeks.
U gals are good men i din even foresee this loh..

Hmmm yeah Sc_Nah hmm hehe where's ur love nest? And is move in condition?

Hmmmm Junie... hehe hmm FB sometimesgot some isseus they got this apps call wedding buzz i guess. Hmmm seems like not bad got this save the dates function.

mrsng

Hmm May>> By the way how's your wedding prep for the vendors?
Cos i m still not sure on the live bands stuff eh.

jac_ho

@May: thanks.. i've also collected some cakes designs that i love.. maybe we can exchange ideas through email? please email me @ [email protected]

@Mrs_Ng: Yap.. i've started a very-low carb diet.. hopefully i'm disciplined enough to maintain for the next 10 mths.. ^_^

August 2011 is ghost month? oh no!!!
by the way, when should the GDL be ah?
I was thinking of sending out invites in june/july.. for overseas friends.. i think we should inform them 1st so that they can make necessary arrangements if they are keen on attending our wedding..

Any suggestions?

sc_nah

Thanks thanks for all the congrats .. my nest still in e east ... at flora road ... got one of the cheaper condo there as the price is almost same as the resale HDB flat ... the condition is very good almost can move in just furnish but hubby say will do up the dream wardrobe as its his promise to me ...so will reno reno ..

MrsNg - If use Fb then how about those ppl you nv invite ? if they see the event also abit not so nice .. abit worried .. Recently my cousin use FB for her baby 1st bdae.. no response except 2 pax wor ..

Would any of you gals going for the UV light thingy for whitening your teeth ?? very tempted cos gt many coffee stain .. abit scare i smile that day is Z colour ..so maybe go UV light to make it D colour!!

Wedding prep ... haiz ... i still looking for AD PG&VG.. those that hubby like will explode the budget ... then the rest he lazy to see.. haiz ...

Live band wise i remeber yourstruely is really good , attended a dinner and i must say the kewei is really gd ...

Jacqueline - you also have alot oversea frens ? I have alot of oversea friends and relative ... die ..duno where to put them up if that is such popular date ... My own hotel is too ex... so must look ard ..any suggestion ?

simple_will_do

Jacqueline => My wedding is on 23 Sep and my GDL is on 11 Sept wor. Need a master / go to the temple to help u pick a date for GDL. Also for An Chuang.

Sc_nah => I am also thinking of engaging a live band for my wedding wor cos I love to sing. =p Might be getting "Music Box". yourstruely is slightly more expensive cos they have a few superstar contestants as their singers =)

edwen3231

junie: i think its fine to send email or sms to inform your friends and colleagues that you're getting married in sept and to get them to confirm their attendance 1st than before you send out the invites to them in sept to rsvp again or if you think its too rush perhaps you can consider sending them out at the tail end of the lunar 6th mth.
as for live band i like kewei from yours truly too especially with the harp but you're right the price is indeed more expensive than the others but i didn't know about music box perhaps can have a look see at their website.
I think you won't regret signing up with Z wed, i saw the PS photos and i totally love the photos taken by the photogs from CL studio. I almost sign up with them myself but the package is not as attractive as the other BS so i have signed up with another BS as me and my HTB are trying to keep within our budget. So you don't have to worry. I'm sure you're in good hands and i hope you get skyy as your photog, she's a very nice lady

sc_nah

hmm ...Junie .. u checked the price le ah ? i haven ask ..cos still deciding if I shld get a live band since ball room big.. duno if the guest noise will "overshine" singing ... haiz haiz...

Alot of planing and planning ...

maybebabe

Junie.. Haha you can have one too! Prewedding holiday? But this one is with my mum.. So it's different!

Mrs Ng.. Still looking at bands too. I think I've looked at almost every decent band in Singapore.

Sc_nah.. Maybe don't have singing? I'm just having a jazz band because I think the singing might be a bit distracting for dinner. But up to you.. Some like to have song dedications from guests..

Here's the rough list I have compiled:

Yours truly
A little dream
ET music (agency)
Redbox (agency)
Highnotes
Olive3
One little pearl
Khairi
3sessions

FYI I've only been looking at these based on live jazz.. So won't comment on the singing.

simple_will_do

Hi all, tmr is PH leh! wahaha.. It's a short working week!

Venetia => Thanks for the assurance! As what Xingli has said, I'll also make the best out of what I have. Jus hope i dun need to top up photos cos i really like their gowns and photography very much. =)

May => i may have a prewedding holiday too! but with my gfs to bintan. wahahha... big diff from urs la. =p

For sharing => I'm getting quotations for video and photographer for AD. Like not very cheap leh... sigh...

maybebabe

Hello all! Hope you're enjoying your PH!! I'm back to work today!!

Junie..that still sounds very good! I'm sure you will enjoy your girly holiday!!

BTW all, need a bit of help here since you have all booked or looked at BS.

My mum is looking for her mother-of-bride dress already..and my HTB will be looking for tailors as well for his suit when we are back in 2 weeks. My mum suggested going to BS to look at her dress and my HTB's suit..and I'm also looking for a short bolero for my dress (which I have bought already here).

Anyone knows good BS I can look at for these? Do you know if they do packages without the wedding dress? (Probably not but giving it a shot!) My mum suggested going to Chinatown to have a look?

Thanks for your help ladies!

edwen3231

Junie: I just sign up for my AD videographer for $1250 nett. Includes 10-11 hrs of videography, 1 SDE highlights/photo montage or wedding MTV, 1 2hr raw footages in DVD and a poster (in a theme that you like) can't recall if i missed anything out but that's about it and he also have a grp of photographers. Their basic photographers cost about $688 nett (includes 10 hrs of service and return of all photos in DVD, if you wanna develope the photos into a coffee table book that's is another $300 which he told us is not necessary and if we wanna develope any photos for friends or relatives we can do so since we have the softcopies). If you sign up for both with him he will give you a 10% discount.
Let me know if you need his details.

edwen3231

May: What kind of dress is your mum looking for in specific? If she's looking for Cheongsam can go to Chinatown Yue Hwa or People's Park (the one with the food centre on level 1, next to OG), 2nd floor there is this lady that tailors very nice cheongsam forgot name of shop.
I suppose for men's suit, its easier. Can always go to Emanual Z or G2

simple_will_do

Hi all, its Friday again! Isnt that amazing? haha..

Venetia => i want the details and contact! think i havent found anything cheaper than what you have leh... You wanna share here? If not, my email is [email protected]. Many thanks to you in advance!

The cheapest videographer I found is $1300 (include AD videography and express highlight) and photographer is $800 (include returning all photos in dvd).

mrsng

Hihi gals long time din log in le... hmmm may I oso not sure Hu to engage yet still thinking about it cos I scare too many stuff might be messy... As for FB invites I not really sure whether it's useful but it's another alternative bah... Guess no matter which method we use we still have to keep following up with calls n SMS... Hmmm venetia so they provide express highlight? If yes then the pricing is cool!!!

Hmmm Junie maybe u wanna try Fotowerke?

sc_nah

I sign with digio , they offer me photopackage with or without the rental or the wedding dress as i may have my tailor make the gown for me ...
So u can actually change your wedding gown to either a tailor made dinner evening gown or rental of mothers dress or what .. usually they negotiable .. but is must make sure u state what u wan and get them to write down before u sign ...

I heard from my friend bukit timah plaza got this tailor do cheongsum very nice, the fit very good , haven try ... u gals might wana go see..tink 3rd floor or what ..

clintomania

may: for men's suit and shirts, you can visit Personality and Men's Tradition. Both shops are located in Peninsular Plaza. My fiance had his suit tailored by Men's Tradition and shirts tailored by Personality. The price is reasonable and takes about 2 weeks to be ready..

I had my CS tailored by this home-based seamtress in Tampines.. She has quite alot of raves in this forum and price is also reasonable... She tailors bridemaids' dresses and mother dresses too..

Hope it helps
happy.gif

mrsng

Clint!!! give me the contact can?

Thank you so much for the Seamtress... hehe The bridesmaid dress and Mother's dress makes things a lot easier...

simple_will_do

Thanks Venetia, have received it! =)

Tink next year really a HOT year to get married. Received news of another three more frens getting married next year... think may have more coming. haha

txl

Morning everyone!!!
Glad to know everyone is doing fine in your preparation =) Jiayou!!!
Im juz back from a work trip

sc_nah

Cheers ppl ...
Sleepy day ... trying hard nt to doze off at my desk ....

Anyone book taiwan bridal package here ? i still tinking if i should make a gown for ad , buy from my cousin or just borrow one from my taiwan bridal studio ..

Everyone book AD PG le ah ? i wanan die .... all soooooo ex...Hubby keep saying i got ex taste ... those i like all 4-6k minimum ... should spend so much on AD PG ?

Feel so so unprepared , little sister keep telling me how little time and ill prepared i am .. so stress.....

hows the prep for u all so far ?

mrsng

Dear Clint, so sorry about this... I go on my PM.

Sc_Nah>> Hehe hmmm not to worry, the AD PG n VG told me only starting from Sept onwards then got many couple the rest of the months is very slow.
Hmmm we are like 10 months away from wedding eh... Still far relax dun need to worry...

For AD PG n VG i will recommend what i m taking hmm Forest production. This is if u like journialidm type of photos cos i realize not everyone like this type of style hehe.

Hmmm just to share with u all y i like them so much hehe. This yr apr i decided to sign up with them after i go through Fotowerke, Melvin Ho and also Forest Production.
Then my HB agree that Forest Production's work suits what we like so we sign up with them at a package deal of $3700.
after negotiating with them, they provide us a discount of $100. So we sign contract. Until the day before i received an email from them saying that they are having a promotion n will extend the new pricing n freebies to me.
I m also allow to change my freebies to save on the money. Most impressive is they had lower their price for this package, n they willing to deduct another $100 from my current package.

Its totally making me so excited n impress by their alternative. Cos how often will the ppl even bother to deduct back the difference and be fair to everyone? Cos its like i booked them earlier mah so i should pay at the premium, so i m totally impress by their working attitude.

simple_will_do

Hi all

10 mths say long, not very long. Say short, not very short. haha... But am sure that it should be enjoyable de. =p

I smiled to sleep last nite when I know there is only 10 mths left. We will be able to count down in single digit soon! heehee...

Sc_nah => I am also in the midst of getting quotations for my AD PG and VG. Should be able to confirm them soon. Spoke to a friend about it and she told me that we should ask them out to see if they look pleasant. haha. In case they have sad / fierce face, it might spoil our big day since we need to see them the whole day.

edwen3231

I agree with Junie, its good that you meet up with your AD PG & VG otherwise its so weird to meet them on the day of your wedding and they'll be there with you most of the day and if you're not comfortable with them think you won't look nice and relaxed in the photos cos you'll be so awkard looking.
I like my PG he's very nice to talk to and quite comical so I think it'll be quite fun with him around.

mrsng

Hmmm actually I oso dunno hmmm like sometimes settle the major decision early Dunno when gets near will we have any feel or not.. Anyway Sc_nah sure u will get ur desire PG soon...

Hehe yah Junie we are finally counting down to single digit!!! So sian when everytime I tell ppl sep they give those still so far away look??? Hmm if like that y ask le

txl

I really cant wait for 2011 to be here men...
cant wait to select my gowns, take PS, get the GDL n an chuang thingy hee hee
my neck is like super long liao...

Personally i felt it important to have rapport with your AD PG n VG
it would be gd if you can meet up with them before the AD
believe the pictures will turn out even better with they have "chemistry" with both of you =)

rururoo

everyone is coming back to the thread, cause 2011 is near! hehe.

we got our wedding bands from Soo Kee yesterday
happy.gif
so happy, but must wait 3 months haha.

I agree with the rapport thing, i met up with my PG and we hit off pretty well, VG was kinda quiet but after awhile he was fine, most important is PG must be outgoing cause he must gather people to take photos
happy.gif

simple_will_do

ya ya... i agree with Mrs Ng leh... when ppl ask me when's my big day,i sometime hesistate if i should tell them now cos they will surely say there's still a long way to go. haha... but to those who had been thru this period, they will tell me i dun have much time left =p

by the way gals, can ask u all about solemniser? have u all contacted them? or it is still early to do so?

mrsng

ãŠã¯ã„よã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ï¼ï¼ï¼

Hmm i can recommend my one!!! Let me know if you need.
He is a superb nice and friendly guy! I really appreciate his help a lot!!!
Yah Junie, i always have that... hmm still far away look from your AD.... but its ok lah hehe its only 10 months away not and i think hmmm we are getting there soon hehe esp its yr end u know lah time really flies during this period hehe.

Yeah finally rururoo and Xingli is back hehe...

rx1852

Hi All Pretty brides to be..

im also a SEP bride next yr .. 18SEPT..
happy.gif

im still looking for a gd VG too as PG is ald inclded in BS package.... any gd VG to recommend..

txl

Welcome RX1852
happy.gif

Ya if not wrong think its still early to contact the solemnizer now.
Maybe 3-6mths before ba
Pls correct me if I'm wrong hee hee

mrsng

Hmmm i think its one month before oso can if yours' is not a popular date...
Mine was becos my HDB came quite early so i have solemize within three months. N one of the months happen to be Hungry Ghost Festival.

edwen3231

ya i think its abit early to get solemizer but if you know of one and you wanna "book" that person 1st think you can start checking that person's schedule liao.
i'm having a church wedding so i'll be getting my church's priest so no issue for me but need to go and collect the certificate from ROM

sc_nah

woeeee....
contact a few AD PG/VG, alot is already taken up on e the hot hot date ...Apparently the most nice yet lower prices one...

Is it suppose to be that ex... i check out liao .. all will work to be at least 2k + for pg and 2k+ for vg ... **heartpain...

Mrs Ng, i went to see forest production blog ..haha ..so cute .. happen to see my fren's wedding being featured... tink htb pretty like it ...

Anyone contact MUA already ??

mrsng

Clint>> thanks for your great help!!!

Sc_Nah>> Really? Hmmm well can think about it total price ard 3K plus n hor with SDE. Now they got one promotion, if u dun wan coffee table album can request for express highlight.. save some cost... Ask them for a quote no obligations one hehe...
i think in total should be 2.9K for basic of coffee table album. Den if u need the express highlight den add another 400 dollars.

Hmm i think i for filman video and one eye click oso but EXP!!!... haha....

Hmm my friend recommend 2ofus Photography...

rururoo

my vg is movingpi*c, it's below 2k
happy.gif
and his SDE are those funny and entertaining kind. if interested i can pass you all the contacts.

welcome RX1852
happy.gif
join us more often in here!

i don't have a theme nor colour theme yet, can't do anything
sad.gif

mrsng

Morning gals!!! 15 days from my ps I m kinda freak out... Keep worrying on weight gain... Anyway I m think of my color theme I previously bought one mag on diff type of color matching tone... Maybe can scan n pass to u all

simple_will_do

Hi gals, its Friday again and November is coming to an end! Wow... haha...

i'm meeting the PG and VG that Venetia has introduced to me tomorrow. Going for something cheap and good. So am hoping that his work is good la... tight budget ah...

txl

Mrs Ng try to relax ok =)
Ive read an article before... stress can lead to weight gain too for some people...
Try to relax and enjoy the process
hope to see your pictures soon =)

All the best Junie =)
Hope to hear gd news from you after tomorrow =)