(2011/09) SEPT BTB

txl

It will be Mrs Ng =)
there is this quote
"if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain"

mrsng

Fine at least must give me an umbrella! I m damn soaked n sick becos of the rain hahahaha !

How's everyone ar?
Anyway me this few days sometimes will have nightmare on the outcome of our ps not turning out well! Think hmmm ps give me sone stress also haha!

knotinbits

hi knOtters!
we provide rental of *decOrations and beautiful weddin *tidbits for use at your wedding reception or photography sessions!

do pm for more details =)

with love
knOt'inbits

*bird cage
*retro cameras
*vintage typewriters
*jars for candy bar
*cupcake stands

n many mOre!

janice_ong

Good morning ladies!

Welcome cheryl and venetia!

I guess I'm not the only one with htb like CEO... Keke...

Sianz... Been busy with work and have not done much wedding prep... Still got time hor? Keke... Give me assurance... I have only confirmed on venue...

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
Another day of nice weather to stay in bed haha
since you have settled the most important thing which is the venue you dont have to worry liao =)
you still have time for the rest =)

rururoo

hi ladies
happy.gif

monday i almost had "heart attack" when HTB said 1 of the pastor told him another couple has booked the church for sept wedding. we were panicking and hurry called the guy to check. good thing it's 1 week before ours cause we have yet to book the church! thank God it's not taken on the 10th, so really, venue must be the very 1st thing to secure!

txl

That was close rururoo. Good thing everything is back in place now
happy.gif

Seems like there is nothing much to prepare now.
Only can start next yr.
What about u Jac?

rururoo

ya man! i was like gonna burst out in tears in the office!
I also got nothing much to plan now, but i think next year would be busy!

mrsng

Hey all just to update everyone on the teeth whithening thing. I went to the dentist ytd hmmm n check with him the home kit. To my shocking it's a very strong chemical used n he told me after doing will have sensitive teeth. Apart from that every 6th month must buy one more set to maintain. So hmmm after thinking he suggest just do polishing more often. However he got propose one new kind of hone kit n let me try 1 pc. It's very easy just need to stick the sticker to the teeth for 1/2 hour everyday for three weeks however this solution is not so strong so the result would not be too significant!

mrsng

I will be going over next week to patch up some teeth. Will ask him how much is the sticker n update u all again.

maybebabe

hello all! so long never come on this thread... i've been SO busy and stressed up but it's going to end soon..my mum's coming over next friday and we're going on a 2 week holiday! yay!!

welcome to the new sept brides!

rururoo! wow..thank goodness! at least that's sorted now
happy.gif
)

mrs ng...my HTB is a dentist too..and he said polishing too much is bad too..because it wears down on your teeth enamel (meaning sensitive teeth as well).

anyway..i've made appointments to see MUA, cake bakers, florist and bands for our short trip to Singapore...it will be the last time to sort things out! i will be able to update you all after our meetings!

edwen3231

hello ladies, i've been busy getting quotations from PGs and i need to get the names and prices ready when my HTB comes back from his biz trip next fri.
other than that i've been keeping myself busy with all the lil DIY stuff for my wedding, like ring pillow, ang bao box, cosarges for my jie meis and than also the lil booklet for my church wedding ...
1556750.jpg

maybebabe

Wow.. Well done Venetia.. I haven't managed to get onto my DIY stuff yet. Hope to do so over the long christmas break. Did you make that tiered box? Very pretty!

edwen3231

hey may, nope haven't started on the tiered box. this is gonna be how the end product looks like and hopefully this'll be what mine look like as well
happy.gif
will post mine when its done

txl

Im impressed by you Venetia =)
Ive not managed to get onto my DIY stuff and thought of getting them off the shelves liao...
dont think i have the creativity and time haha

May>>>is it possible for you to ask your HTB if there is any method that is able to keep our teeth clean and not too yellowish?

mrsng

Wah its damn nice sia.. Hey May will u be going to pine's garden for ur wedding cake? Cos I m looking at that n simply cakes... Hmmm Wah HTB is a dentist is it stressful cos I thot they might really be very attentive to nice teeth... So everytime I go dental it sort if is a big challenge for me... U gals are too awesome... The only things I have done so far is to keep losing weight n watching my diet.. I have been eating diff kind of bee hoon soup for ard 3 weeks... The result + exercise not as significant but I got one added bonus... That is my acne scar for yrs lighten miraclely.

N the lady Hu do my facial says it's really on my big diet change so Thot it might be useful to share here... Hehe

Apart from that I have perm my hair for the PS n next month heading to my hair dying session b4 heading off to tw ki da excited hehe

txl

woah!!! Mrs Ng thats quite a lot of thing to be done liao =)Good Job!!!
think im really the one who is waiting for next yr to be here to start my preparation haha

edwen3231

oh no i haven't been watching my diet lately. too stressed out at work so have been junking alot. i have about 4 mths to tone up before my PS. but i'm worried about my complexion so have decided to switch to leonard drake from my home based beautician

maybebabe

Xingli sure I'll ask for you though i don't think there's any special method.. Let u know soon k!

Mrs Ng! Well done! That is one of the hardest things to do! I've finished my 10k but have been so stressed and busy recently.. Junk eating too! I believe I consumed a week's worth of calories yesterday alone.
sad.gif

Btw not going w/ pines garden. Heard they are good but I found them exp to begin with. I'm meeting simply cakes!

I'm also meeting Caffe Pralet.. And I'll most likely be meeting Chef Norsini from weddingcakes.sg, and you girls should google mariah and sham. They do wedding cakes and also dessert or favor bars.. Very Martha Stewart. Wedding Chateau is also one to check out.

txl

haha seems like all of us are very stress with work and have been snacking...
worse thing i get sore throat easily haiz

May>>>thanks in advance =)

mrsng

Morning gals!!! Hm hey may do keep us updated on the wedding cake supplier ok? Can send me ur quote?most likely I going god pines for GDL bah the rest may wait till nearer den I go recce

rururoo

Venetia ! Are you a Christian bride??
what's your wedding day gonna be like can share with me? I'm like so lost.

Add oil everyone on the planning and stuffs, let's hang in there
happy.gif

edwen3231

Hey rururoo, i'm a RC. i suppose RC and christian quite close la. my HTB is non RC so he'll pick me up in the morn than we'll go to his place and pray to his ancestors and have a tea ceremony for his family than proceed to the church for the wedding than have tea ceremony again than proceed to the hotel than wait for dinner
happy.gif

simple_will_do

hello everybody. I've mia-ed for quite sometime liao. wahahha... Have not done anything for my wedding ever since i signed contract for my banquet. Jus realised that time is running out leh! Or i'm jus too gan giong? haha...

Btw I need help here. I am looking for bridal shop for my bridal package. Am considering La Belle. Anyone signed the package with them? Can share the package price and wat it includes with me? I've been to La Belle forum thread but couldnt find much info. I shortlisted this becos my frens told me that they have nice gowns for plus size brides. Is it true?

Cheers~

jac_ho

Hi ALL!!

How have you all been preparing for the Big Event?

My AD is on 10Sept2011..
and so far, i've settled my banquet and bridal package.. still sourcing for AD VG though..

I'm thinking of customizing my wedding cake.. but wondering whether it is really necessary.. any comments ladies?

Oh! i need to rent bungalows or houses where i can be married off from.. anyone has any ideas except the ones at Aloha Changi or NSRCC? i dont like Costa Sands type.. really a big headache..

I'm trying to lose 5 kg in 5mths before my PS.. anyone has any tips? I dont exercise ^_^

Thanks ladies!!

Jac

maybebabe

Hey jac,

I've collected quite a lot of references for wedding cake designs and also toppers. But we are also going for something quite simple and classic.. But I also might have it designed after my dress since we are already starting from scratch.

Best bet is to look at www.theknot.com or www.marthastewartweddings.com.

I've also blogged about the different kinds of cakes you could have.

Www.backfullcircle.wordpress.com. I think it might be the third post down.

Happy looking! I think cake searching is the most fun!

simple_will_do

Hi all, long weekend is approaching!! ^^

Hee... Pardon my ignorant ah. I would like to ask if it is a current trend that real wedding cakes are used for banquet instead of those fake one provided by hotel and restaurant?

Personally i've never seen a real cake been used for wedding dinner. So what do they do with the cake after the ceremony? Distribute to the guest or the couple's parents will bring it home? If the cake has 3 layers, all of them are real or only the one we are cutting is real?

txl

Dont worry Junie =)
i dont have a real cake too hee hee
will be using the dummy cake provided by the hotel

mrsng

Dear all finally back in office enjoying!!!

Jac if u want to lose 5 kg within 5 months can try to calorie intake measurement... Meaning taking in calorie less that what u are taking for this 5 months... Hmmm or eat fishball bee hon everyday...

Junie>> it's ok to use the hotel existing one. However u CSM also u can request for baker to design a 5 tier cake with only one layer real cake!!!

May>> I bought a cake topper from EBay with Mickey carrying mine in wedding outfit hehe n it's matching my color theme!!! Hmmm maybe can see Cheryl Shuen's webbie for idea but her cake is too exp

mrsng

Jac>> u have same AD as me Eh hehe!!! Anyway I m thinking of doing my cake in either traditional tier type or the castle type cos my theme is Disney theme so might going with their Disneyland castle!!!

Junie>> my friend's friend is using La Belle I think they should be not bad n their makeup is awesome I net them once in a wedding fair n the person in charge show me her pic b4 n after.. It's really nice. N they give all the soft copies back to my friend's friend

simple_will_do

Hi Mrs Ng, ur theme is cool leh... Pls share ur pics with us after ur big day k??

I visited La belle's website too. I like their pics wor. Just hope they dun quote me too expensively. *cross my fingers*

Xingli>> thks for ur reply too. I'll use dummy cake too. I very lazy de. =p

sc_nah

Wah .. u gals really progressing well ...
I haven been preparing anything much for the wedding since i sign the banquet ... but recently been nagged by frens ard that i might become bridezilla if i dun start soon ..haha ...

Anyway realise really alot of 10th sept bride wor... its a really really hot day ...

Junie ... actually i look thru .. eh .. quite like diGIO gowns.. their pic and gowns is nice ... in fact i booked a package with them before wif previous bf ... anyway i felt that their everything also not bad except after sales service so so only .. haha ... anyway u can go see...
The boutique i got is from taiwan .. seems nice ah .. you can go see see... both htb and me love it ...

/link{http://www.mikan.tw/}

rururoo

wow another 10 sept haha so cool
happy.gif
now we have 4 of us, Mrs Ng, me, Sc nah and Jac. Wonder how many more will turn up here hehe.

i really feel that HTB & me can't save up enough! cause the church part is really a big bomb man, must pay for church premise and cater lunch. oh my goodness, big headache
sad.gif

simple_will_do

Hi Sc_nah

Thanks for recommending diGIO to me. =) Now i know one more BS liao. wahaha...

Do you know if their gowns are suitable for ladies of L/XL sizes? I need to find one with wide range of big size gowns wor.

Other ladies, do u have any BS to recommend too? So far I only know I may be able to find them in Le Belle.

Actually intend to go T Pagar there for a look but its raining now... Super sian...

rururoo, jiayou! I'm sure u can work out a perfect wedding within ur budget. Give and take some things and it will work out well de. Jiayou!

simple_will_do

Hi all. I hv a bridal package le. I signed with z wed without doing any research on them leh.

They were the 1st shop along the t pagar stretch. We din go to other shops n signed with them directly wor. Felt that it was a rush decision but I was attracted to their gowns n indoor shot studio. Jus hope for the best now. =x

sc_nah

Haha ... Junie ...I suspect their gown might be able to fit .. but if you looking for plus size gown , you may wan to look at buying .. cos i tink my cousin is a seller for wedding gowns and she does plus size apparently if dun remember wrongly is rather cheap .. i can get her contacts or blog if you interested... for another bridal studio , can really look at mikan studio .. its what i book to take pic in Taiwan ...I am pretty sure they do plus size.. and beautifully haha....

I tink another one to see can try golden horse award and amanda lee... not bad too...

txl

Junie>>>dont worry too much =) if u r attracted to their gowns n indoor shot studio u will like what they have. I didnt do much research or visit to other BS before i signed haha
coz lazy =p
telling myself i will make the best out of what i have =)

jeanette2207

Hi all! i'm planning mine for next sep too but have yet finalized on hotel yet.. is it abit too late? ^^
it was only when i started enquiring that i realized alot of hotels require min 40 for weekend nights. sad. i can only reach 35. =(
anyone having a lunch instead of a dinner?

mrsng

Hmmm yah cheryl Shuen is exp hmmm but go see her design n get those neighborhood to quote u can save up to ard 4 times the pricing... Hmmm rururoo me oso think no matter how we tried to save everything seems to be exp... Hmmm anyway Z wadding not bad I actually wanted them for their conceptualize photo book but hmmm their sales too rude le so I din sign up with them...

So good to have so many btbs on the same date...
Anyway me just finish painting a room in our AMK house meant for rental hmmm super tired now.

maybebabe

Hey Jeanette, have you considered restaurants or some other alternate locations? What about having a solemnisation by the ficus tree in sentosa and then dinner at suburban?

Xingli.. Sorry took a while to get back to you.. No special method.. Though after youve polished ur teeth just keep away from tea or coffee or wine as much as poss.. These are the teeth stainers.. I used to like holding them in my mouth for a few seconds too unconsciously..bad for teeth. And of course, brush and floss regularly!

My dear sept brides.. I'm disappearing for 2 wks on holiday.. So good luck planning and seeya!

txl

Thanks May =) if thats the case i can only brush my teeth regularly hee hee
Enjoy ur holiday =)

mrsng

Hmmm xingli haha i realize hor hmmm how come my teeth is yellowish is becos of my caffine intake.
Hmm so hor after polishihng i very hardworking in maintianing haha.. Hmmm my mom was like so shock seeing me so discipline...

janice_ong

Hi ladies
Lots of progress for all! Keke... I'm beginning to panic! Keke... Argh... Must start with something this month... As for dieting, I have tried this method, that is, skip dinner or take salad/ fruit. It works for me.
Take care meanwhile!

simple_will_do

Good morning gals

Have you all thot of when should we start sending our invitation cards to our friends? The whole of Aug 2011 is the ghost month. So do we distribute the cards in July or early Sep? Giving cards to guests about 2-3weeks before wedding, will they think that they are spare tyres??