(2011/09) SEPT BTB

mrsng

Konichiwa all!!

Welcome Peanuts! hehe... Hmmm more n more Sept Btbs... haha...
Anyway i wnet to Sinderella that day.
But the shoe variety is quite limited.

anosilaa

Hehe, such a warm welcome =) thank you!

Xingli: Really? Where is your venue?

Btw ladies, is it really a must to wear high heel shoes since the legs cannot be seen at all?

anosilaa

Oh for slimming, my friend lost at least 4kg since she started her regime by replacing all her dinner with milk for the past 2 months. I'm intending to try it too!

maybebabe

Peenut.. No it's not! It's your wedding.. You can wear any type of shoes you want as long as it fits the tone and theme of your wedding.
happy.gif

I don't usually wear high heels too and I want to be comfortable.. So going for 2.5" to 3" max for my heels.

txl

Peenut>>> Mine is at OH =) wat abt you? Hows ur preparation so far?
are you serious abt trying that dinner menu???
dont think my mum will allow =(
she will definite nag at me saying no nutrient etc...
btw you have fb?Mind if i add u as my friend =)

rururoo>>> thanks for the tip =)
hopefully these techniques will work coz i really have no time for exercise...
i should really learn to eat slowly... i always eat so fast that i have to wait for my friends to finish haha and while waiting i will get some small bite haha
jialet right haiz....

mrsng

Hello All!!!

Hmmm eat slowly definitely helps.. hehe.. But if got time also good to exercise cos is like can build up stamina and be healthy mah...

May>> yeah i caught nothing at sight... But hmmm i manage to found one blink blink silver sandals for other gowns.
anyway i intend to bring it in. Will be starting a spree soon.
Now only left setting up the sites and other stuffs.
I will be going to the other shop called loeandbehold. on 25th. Will update again.

txl

Do agree with you Mrs Ng...
my htb also mentioned that we should try to find some time to exercise in order to keep fit haha
felt so unhealthy as i age haha

anosilaa

May: Ya. I'm not comfy with wearing very high heels as I have very bad backaches from those high heel days.

Xingli: Mine is at Novotel. Hee. So far I've gotten my videographer, photograher and bridal. The rest I think I can do it slowly? I really dunno what else can I prepare at this stage now.Yup I have FB. Will PM you =)

txl

morning everyone!!! one more day to friday haha

peenut>>> thanks =) have already added you in FB. thats what ive settled too... the rest seems to be too early to settle this yr...
waiting for the arrival of 2011 haha

mrsng

Morning!!! Xingli u are always full of energy!!
Hehe hmm mind adding me in FB? or you have already added?

txl

Hi Mrs Ng Ive juz added you in fb =)
actually im very tired most of the time haha only full of energy during weekend =p

moomood

hey everyone!! Been so busy over the past few days doing hotel hunting
sad.gif
The last round of visits will happen this saturday and im so looking forward to it! Cant wait to go for gown shopping once im done with hotel!!! :D:D:D:D:D:DDDDDD Im so happy it's FRIDAY tomorrow!! TGIFFFFFFF

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
It Friday haha

Peenut>>>we are not only in the same line we have a common friend too haha

moomood>>>Jiayou!!!before you know it your hotel will be settled and you are shopping for your gown liao hee hee....
the whole process maybe tiring but try to enjoy the process =)

anosilaa

Yo ladies! do you all have any good and cheap facial to recommend? Reckon I should start taking good care of my skin for the next 1 yr since my photoshoot is in Feb and march.

Are you all taking any supplement for the skin too?

mrsng

Dear All,

Morning!! Yeah Peanut>> talking about facical care,what's youe skin type?

Hmmm i think need to take care, cos MUA got say if want to have a lighter makeup, must try to lighten my scar on my face. Cos i m acne prone. Hmm so hmm its better to do something about it. No worries we have 1 year from now!

anosilaa

Hi hi Mrs Ng! =) I have a combi skin. =( Pretty oily on the T zone. Alot of white and black heads! So irritating.

Seems that my current facial is ok. It does not worsen my condition but it does not improve it alot either. Thinking of changing to others...

txl

morning!!!
Im not sure about facial but my friend recommended this face mask call my beauty dairy to me...
bought it but have not tried it hee hee
will keep u guys updated after trying =)

mrsng

Morning all!!!

YawnZ!!! Extremely tired... feel like sleeping...
Anyway Peenut>> your skin is a bit like mine except i not so much blackhead cause i have quite a dark skin tone.

But from what i know blackhead, the best way is to do extraction, you might want to try out some facial salon? I know of 2 home based one. One is at Jurong West the other at Yew Tee.

rururoo

i have re-appeared haha.

sorry work is driving me insane! really busy and tired out
sad.gif

i have combi skin too! just to poke my nose into the topic hehe. Tzone very oily and sides of face dry till i itch sometimes. boo. i go to facial at TOUCHE
happy.gif

sorry Aiai!! was too busy to reply u on msn
sad.gif

add me on facebook too: [email protected] hehe.

maybebabe

ha...rururoo..my skin has exatly the same problems! i have blackheads too and big pores around my nose...cant seem to do much about them
sad.gif

can i add you guys to facebook too? pls private message me your email if you dont mind! :p

mrsng

hmmmm my email is [email protected]

For both msn n FB.
Hmmm actually me is acne skin but my hands itch go n poke it when i was young so now got lot of acne scar.... And when i go facial salon everyone is tryingto use wedding to con us into signing more... Got once the person say.. hmm u do standard kinda facial ur face wont improve much even if u do 100 times.. N the person kena scold by me lik hell... haha...

rururoo

may , xingli : yupyup add me on facebook!! hehe.

aiai : i try veyr hard not to scratch my face now, but sometimes i still do haha. then i always regret when i go squeeze my pimples haha.

anosilaa

Mrs Ng: Oh ya, I'm at this facial salon now. It's pretty ok but I tot I can speed up improvement process. ahha. I guess there's no shortcut about this. hehe

rururoo: May I know if TOUCHE is good in your opinion? Is it expensive too?

Singapore's weather is not good so all our skins are also haywired. Sighzz

txl

Gd morning everyone!!!
Finally friday is back again haha

thanks rururoo =)
Ive already added you in FB.

I do agree with you... S'pore weather is really not good for all skin type...
pimples do pop out of my face once in a while and ive no idea when they are coming...
this is really worrying coz im afraid it will pop out on my AD or PS day =(

mrsng

Dear all,

Don't needto worry that much! Cos MaKeup really do wonders... Will be ablet o cover perfectly.

Hmm what i can suggest is go skin doctor in national skin center if you really want a speedy recovery.

However disadvantages are: they might ask you to do peeling or IPL, which i heard the skin can be rather thineed after doing. Hmm but all in all many ppl has mention IPL is a better opt.

Hmm apart from that the med and cream they give u contains differin which is not advice to be use if you are planning for pregnancy.

But actually hor even my teacher hu claims to be a beautician plus MUA for Mediacorp Artist also mention that she will kena pimple easily... so we must not be too sad about this... though i m sad lah... cos so old still got pimple.. sian1/2

maybebabe

Hello lovelies! It's fridayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Thanks xingli aiai rururoo.. Now added you to facebook!
happy.gif

I'm going for a long overdue facial tmr.. Ive used dermalogica quite a few times. I like that they have a skin mapping system so you get the right type of products for your skin. Anyway, think I'm looking forward more to the neck and shoulder massage that comes with it :p

noppgrace

Hi everyone!Nice to meet all of you!
I'm also a BTB for year 2011..most likely is Sept..Our parents still choosing the dates in sept for AD..

my ROM is Feb 2011..
Planning to hold an outdoor solemnisation..
any places to reccommend?
happy.gif

maybebabe

Welcome grace and congrats!

I wanted an outdoor wedding before and compiled sort of a PowerPoint so I can easily show to my HTB.. Do you want to msg me your email and I can send it to you? What kind of outdoor wedding do u want? Garden? Pool? Something unique?

In the meantime, it could be gardens like burkill hall, raffles house @ fort canning, ficus tree at sentosa, poolside wedding at Capella in sentosa, something crazy like at the night safari or jurong bird park, a restaurant like White Rabbit's whimsically landscaped outdoors, halia, Asian Civilisation Musuem's outdoor terrace, the Boathouse which overlooks the Esplanade.. The list goes on!

rururoo

Welcome Grace
happy.gif

Aiai : last time u mentioned about some teeth whitening thing, any recommendations?

ladies, any caterers to recommend? cause i still have to cater lunch for church ceremony. another big sum of money
sad.gif

maybebabe

Rururoo.. Try Kryston (replace y with i..not supposed to include this in the forum) and Rasel. The last time I researched, these 2 were good. I think my friend also tried Blue Ginger for her wedding and it was good too.

Doraemonjo..

try these
www.extraordinary.com.sg
www.theknot.com
http://welovelaughkiss.wordpress.com
www.marthastewartweddings.com
www.bridesmagazine.co.uk/
www.stylemepretty.com

moomood also suggested these last time we were talking about wedding websites:
http://www.projectwedding.com/blog/
http://woyaojiehunle.blogspot.com/

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
Hope everyone here has a great start on a brand new week =)

Welcome Grace!!!
since u r planning to hold an outdoor solemnisation, you may wanna check this out
http://www.bows.sg/

mrsng

Morning everyone.

Yeah May, Xingli, thanks for adding me in FB!!!

Rururoo>> Teeth whitening, the best pricei have checked currently will be Q&M. And if you happen to see this ad from some laser type of teeth whitening proclaiming that one treatment is enough to see result, please do not go. Cos i did some read up n realize that they do not have proper dentist license, and after doing laser whitening, ur teeth will be more sensitive than usual.

Doraemonjo>> Maybe you wanna try bridal magazine. I think its really a great idea to see BTBs coming out with their DIY stuff and ideas. N we can all use it as its done with our usual IT Gadgets.. haha...

Grace>> Welcome! hehe so excited we have more n more btbs. Anyway hor outdoor, Amara Sanctuary @ sentosa. I think they have a glass pavilion right?
n Singapore Flyer. Hmm actually how a about a Yacht Wedding, read up n realize its sort of romantic to be ROM on a yacht.

Caterers wise i have yet to do any searching.. haha... hmm will bear in mind what May has recommend.

Hmmm Xingli! Idea leh!!! BOWs... will be cool hmm maybe i should oso go see see.. thinking of whether should i take PS in Singapore if budget allows...

mrsng

Hmm anyway went to Loe and Behold on Sat... Yeah the owner Belinda was cool!She really is into shoes. And she provided us with a superb customer service and her professional help in looking for my wedding shoes.

Thumbs up for her. she will be moving soon to her retail by this yr dec. For BTbs who wants to see her new stock, it will be coming in Feb. She bring in new designs every quarterly.

maybebabe

Xingli this bows event looks good!

Yeah yacht is a good idea mrs Ng!
Yup amara sanctuary has a glass pavilion.. I believe you can use their buggy for entrance but maybe for solemnisation it becomes your getaway transport?

Grace I forgot to mention beach weddings too. There's 1 twenty-six at east coast park, sentosa also has many outdoor spots.I think Marina sands can do outdoor too. Try singaporeparties.com.sg.

Mrs Ng, after your shining recommendation I shall check out loe and behold! :p

Btw, anyone knows of any good tailors or shops where we can get a MTM groom's outfit? Also how long does it usually take? We're going to be in Singapore next jan/feb for about 2 weeks.. Not sure whether there's time to get it made then..

noppgrace

Wow..thank you ladies for all the warmest welcomes!and also thank you for all the suggestions!will be discussing with HTB
happy.gif

may: Thank you may!here's my email add- you can send to [email protected]

Really many places to consider..hmm..looking for a place where there's beautiful scenery..Hopefully sheltered..if not it will be under a hot sun..
sad.gif

Wondering if anyone ROM at Marina Barrage?

mrsng

Good morning everyone...

Xingli>> The price range is from $99 to $400, but the range i tried on Sat is mostly up till $250 only.

May>> For groom's suit there is kingsmen at far east plaza- well known for its modern tuxedo stuff.
And also one shop located at suntec basement but need to fix appointment first. I go n search see where i saw the contact later on.

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
thanks Mrs Ng... the price sound reasonable..
maybe i should drop by after i settle my gown hee hee

simple_will_do

Hello everybody!

I am gonna be a Sep BTB too liao. Tot I will be a Nov one. Lucky that I havent post anything in the Nov BTB forum. wahaha...

I've not booked my banquet and sign up for a bridal package yet. Am I consider too late if i wanna get married in Sep 11?

I've been to a few places to recce for my banquet and should be able to confirm by this weekend (hopefully).

For bridal package, is it still possible to get a basic package for less than $3k nowadays? Been to Bliss Creation roadshow recently and was intro-ed to the $3388 package. It seems quite standard so am wondering if there are any other BS that have cheaper packages.

Can share with me ma?

Many thanks in advance! ^^Y

txl

Welcome junie =)
Hopefully you can settle with your banquet soon =)
regarding BS, it really depends what you are looking for...
think there are simple package that is below 3k

mrsng

Dear Junie,

Welcome welcome!!! Hoep you will be able to settle banquet soon. Nope! 1 yr away we still got plenty of time. But just try to fixed venue soon as many areas are taken up already.

BS wise>> i think some do have 2988 package but mostly you might have to top up along the way on other extra or so called "hidden cost".

Hmm you can try bridal zone - Ted (he can be able to work out something to you.)
Apart from that maybe Labelle.

anosilaa

Welcome Junie! Our numbers are growing! =)

Wow, you ladies are getting the shoes already?

Btw, have you ladies selected your sisters already? How many do you have? Is it ok to have odd number?

rururoo

Hello Junie, Congrats!!

Wonderful, we have so many sept brides
happy.gif

Junie : Agree that venue should be checked out 1st cause hotels are running out
happy.gif
all the best!

Peenut : don't be stressed, Mrs Ng is having her PS in dec that's why need to get shoes
happy.gif

I should be having 6 sisters, HTB wants 9 brothers. I guess it really depends on how comfy you are?? We are fine with any no. hahaha.

txl

Gd morning everyone!
Isnt it wonderful that the number in thus thread is growing?
The more the merrier
happy.gif

As for sisters I can't confirm yet coz ive a few planning to have babies next yr...
My htb is looking at 6 to 8 hee hee

simple_will_do

Gd morning everybody and THANK YOU everyone for the warm welcome! Feel warm to know that I am not alone! wahaha...

My HTB and I prefer something more affordable so we are going to hold our banquet at a restaurant. If nothing goes wrong, we will be going down to the restaurant this weekend to sign the contract liao. haha...

Both of us find it more enjoyable to source for banquet venues than to source for a bridal package leh... Do you all feel the same? Dun feel stress at all going to different restaurants or hotels but the thought of stepping into a bridal shop is already very frightening. wahaha... scared that once we go in, we will never get to come out liao.

Peenut, i also heard that odd number is not good but i do have friends who have odd number of sisters for their gatecrash wor. so i think its ok as long as your parents and you are ok with it? I'm looking at inviting 6-8 frens to help me out on that day. ^^