(2011/09) SEPT BTB

txl

Morning!!!
Ya!!! Sept is finally here =) feeling so excited and happy...
1 yr more to go...
Do keep us updated Mrs Ng =) after looking at the website... thinking of getting one from these shops too =p
may>>there are some changes made in the housing policy over the national day rally... do check it out as they might suit you better now =)
realised their heels are not very high mostly 3"
thinking of getting a 4' one as im not tall haha

moomood

Wow, the shoes r SOOOOO nice, Mrs Ng!!!! Anyway, thr is a sale of balance flat open now.. do chk it out! my htb and i r so excited

txl

it always nice and sweet to have you a love nest!!!
excited for you too moomood =)
i would not be getting my love nest so early =(
nvm i shall endure haha save money for it at the meatime haha

mrsng

Yeah must save even more money... cos when flat come even mroe stuff to spend... Yeah.. the heels has range one. I think maybe can tell them your peference before you head down for shoes fitting so that they can pick some interesting one for you. So good can wear 4" i think the most i can get is only 2".. i m only a few cm shorter than my HB.

txl

cheer up Mrs Ng...
there are more choices for 2" shoes so its not a bad thing after all =)
my HTB is not tall either haha juz that im shorter haha
and i dont mind looking juz as tall as him with 4" or more heels haha

doraemonjo

Mmm... 1 yr to go n for all u know we will be walking down the aisle in the month of sept 2011... Hehe.

Mrs ng, Yes I will go look around for Otr first.. Hopefully, will be able to find one that I like
happy.gif
hope u have a fun session!

mrsng

Dear All,

Sad to say the Sinderella has postpone my appointment on coming sat as their renovation has been delay.

SOB SOB.... now must reschedule again... Haiz...

txl

oic... no worry and cheer up... before you know it... Saturday is here =)
keep us updated with your appointment =)

mrsng

Dear All morning.

Yeah.... Thanks Xingli!!! hehe... Its ok lah... i will go for facial and some exercise tomorrow morning then.

txl

Morning!!!
your schedule sound good =)
talking about exercise... feeling real guilty about that men... have not been able to find time for it...so tired after work and all i wish to do is eat and sleep liao... sound like an animal haha

moomood

hahaha! Im trying to slim my arms down.. any tips, girls? haha, Im on a slimming regime too! But i've been eating alot.. cuz i keep telling myself that i will start to stop taking junk food TOMORROW.. in which tomorrow nv comes.. lol

maybebabe

mrs ng...had your appointment with Sinderella yet??!

Xingli.. do you have a gym near your work place? mine's 5min away...makes it easier! otherwise by the time I get home, I just want to slouch on the sofa!

I've signed up to a 10K run..8| I almost died at the last one but I know this is the only way to get myself back to running regularly..... except I havent started. *panic*

moomood.. build muscles! (not the hunkydory type of muscles of course).. as much as you cant spot reduce.. try resistance training on the triceps! (and make it more effective by doing that on powerplates..). apparently muscles work while you sleep too...

have you stopped taking junk food? ;)

doraemonjo

Morning ladies, may all you have a lovely week ahead!

Yesterday, htb asked if We really really need a videographer. He thinks that its not so necessary as we have already gotten a AD photographer. Mm... What say u ladies?

mrsng

Dear All!!!

Ohaiyogozaimasu!!! Hmmm well i din get to Orchard hotel ytd to meet up with Sinderella cause of my busy schedule.

Talking about this slimming down thing.. I think i m fainting.. I have been cutting down intake of junk food, my usual meal + cardio exercise every 2 days, the weight din get lesser.

Anyway able to get go for marathon really might be a good way haha... Hmmm hope slim down soon... my PS is on Dec...

Doraemonjo>> it depends, if you really feel like have it, then go for it cause its a once in a lifetime thing, and i m sure it will be fun when you play back the video next time and sit back at your sofa to recapped what happen during your AD. We will be busy and wont be able catch hold of every moments during the AD. so a video with sound and voices certainly will be much more memorable for me...

maybebabe

Haha mrs Ng you sound so chirpy on a Monday!
How about interval training? Your body might be used to your routine now, maybe that's why you aren't shifting much weight? And also it's not how many kilos that matter.. It's how many inches you lose.

Doraemonjo.. My HTB and I both don't think there's any need for a videographer.. We'll just get videos fr friends and family instead. That said, I've seen those couples who got one and the results can be very touching, esp if it's done like a little film story rather than just pure documentary.

moomood

@May: u sound so pro.. so many jargons, im so confused.. but i'll go find out what those terms mean! haha.. I went for a swim and did some squats today! hehe! Lucky I have my bro to train w me..

@Doraemonjo: You may wanna consider a videographer cuz u wld be too busy to know what went on that day.. having a video would allow you to check out the moments when you relac after the wedding! And your children might even get to watch them! I remember I ALWAYS enjoyed watching my parents wedding video when I was a child.. And I always replay lor.. nv get tired of it.. haha..Which videographer r u looking at?

@all: Anyone went for any wedding show yesterday? HTB and I went to Orchard Hotel and Swissotel. We were so mesmerised by the themes at Swissotel!!! Hehe.. Heard that Conrad had it yesterday too.. Hehe..

Have a GREAT (short) week, everyone!

maybebabe

moomood... haha..im not pro at all..but this is all thanks to my monthly subscription of Zest fitness magazine. Sorry to have confused you!!! :p

But yes, google the terms..probably explains everything better than I would here ;)

doraemonjo... there's this blog which i've been reading once in a while. the bride used Yang from Substance Films and I've seen a few videos by him that I think are beautiful. It did make me rethink about getting videography!

You can see the example here:

http://princesspanda.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/express-video-highlights-of-our-wedding-ceremony/

happy106

12 bottles of Goldleaf red classic for sale

This is fruity red wine which is meant for easy drinking. It is a combination of three major grapes, Cabernet/Shiraz/Merlot providing a rich, smooth and strong flavored red wine. Smooth Mulberry flavors from the Merlot slowly convert into the stronger Cabernet and Shiraz characteristics.

* 1 full carton (12 bottles)
* 750ml each. 13.5% alcohol.
* $18 per bottle only. Total = $216.
* Arrange your own delivery

mrsng

Dear Gals,

I have been munching tidbits since just now... haha... just feel like destress a bit.

Anyway i suddenly have a crazy idea.
What would you think if all the sept brides combine our power and time and we buy the WG , Wedding shoes, hair accessories from online vendor ourselves. We can save a big deal sia....

maybebabe

Hey Mrs Ng...it's not crazy..it's a great idea
happy.gif

Im still looking for shoes and accessories anyway.. I think we can do the same with decor items.. are you planning on looking at Singapore online vendors only?

Clarin..how nice!! I'm craving for a holiday...mine's in November...I cannot wait.....

BTW ladies, you all have probably been to more weddings in Singapore than me. Do people have first dances? And any dancing after dinner? I cant seem to find a wedding DJ and I'm wondering if it's because it's not common?

Also, at the cocktail hour, who announces for guests to enter the ballroom for dinner? the emcee? or banquet manager?

Thanks!!!

mrsng

Hmmm May, from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan & India Vendor, cos local are exp. And since all the expensive stuff we buy from them are also coming in from these countries. So i thought why not. I needto discuss with my friends.. And hopefully we can start something going on. At least dun need to pay so much if we deal ourselves.. haha

jac_ho

Dear all Sept 2011 BTBs,

Wow, all of you are so well prepared..

due to some misunderstanding, I have to change my venue from Carlton to Marriott..
And, since it's just left with 12 mths away from our big day.. i am getting panic..

and because i havent settled on my banquet, i cant settle on my BS as well.. ARGHHHHHH T_T

Anyone has any comments on Marriott please email me..

[email protected]

Thanks..

rururoo

i hear the music. where is the music coming from man?

moomood : you have any photos on swissotel? i would like to see their new look after renovation.

jac : don't be stressed! hugs hugs. you'll be fine. the only thing i can think of is the price difference heh.

maybebabe

Yup I hear the music too. It's not from the ad is it?

Jac, I went for a friend;s wedding at the Marriot poolside many years ago..I thought it was a beautiful wedding and can't remember any negatives. (but it was a long time ago).. In terms of ambience, maybe I'm biased, but I like Marriot better than Carlton (i've dined at Carlton hotel a couple of times).

Have you searched the forum on Marriot?

Dont worry, once you've settled the banquet everything else will flow into place
happy.gif

mrsng

Hmmm i think marriot is a nice place... haha cos i wanted there but cant fit into their minimum table requirements.

May>> yes its comes from the web and i nearly fall off from my chair... cos i was putting my earpiece on listening to music.

Jac>> yeah i believe you will settle your stuff soon... hmmm BS hor apart from MY Bridal Room, you can go for Le Grand to see their album.
But i think better settle the AD PG n VG first. Cos many are already taken up since early this yr... So that one is more important as their prices increase every half yr.

txl

Good morning everyone...
have been MIA for the past few days as i was realy crazy with my work =(
Glad to know everyone is doing fine and progressing well =)

Wish i could shop for my shoes too but my gown is not settled (still early), dunno what to buy haha

May>>> there isnt a gym near my working place... thought of signing one too but scare i will end up wasting money haa

moomood

hello everyone.. wah.. this thread is so active.. had fun reading all ur replied.. eh, anyone has face slimming tips? I have a round and "ba ba"face. very scared i will look ugly in studio shots
sad.gif

@rururoo.. sorry i forgot to bring my camera so i cant share any pics. basically, it's so nice until when i reach orchard hotel, i felt like -_-" about the decor. haha. I am gg for more hotel hunting.. will rem to bring my camera and post for u girls if i have nice ones to share.. btw, im abit panicky now cuz some hotels told me that the available dates for second half r v low.. sad haha

mrsng

Moomood>> 5^ me too... and i realize its so hard... maybe i should go for some face steaming products found in watson.

I m busy sourcing for the wedding shoes. Will keep you all updated. If i manage to find good source and design, I will start up one spree for dour month of BTBs then we will have that deisgn other btbs dun have ... haha...

mrsng

hmmm well cos Mr. Ng is studying part time degree... n he only got december as a holiday... so i have to do it during december.... N we are going TW for PS that's y. If we are doing locally den maybe things can be done in a later part... Actually i got thot of doing in singapore again... hmmm but is thinking only lah.

moomood

hahahaha.. yeah.. bridal shoes r so ex!! i need v high ones.. cuz my HTB is tall... haha.. i am wondering, what shld we do to the shoes after wedding ah? cant wear them to work right? looks too glam..

Mrs Ng! if u found some effective face sliming methods must share w me ok! im quite stressed about this.. i cant lose more weight but sometimes im temptede to go on a diet just to have a slimmer face.. but my body.. sigh.. i dun want it to go smaller/thinner leh. haha

moomood

mrs ng: which bridal studio did u choose ah? im looking at blue bay.. but i am thinking of purchasing the package directly from tw as it is cheaper..

txl

oic...
do share with us the picture you are taking in taiwan when ready =)
are you going to extend your stay there to tour around =)
can treat it as a holiday too hee hee
killing two birds with 1 stone =p

moomood, you have selected your gown too??? i was thinking of getting something simple and nice OTR so i can wear next time when attending friends' wedding haha not wasted haha
moreover those OTR are higher compare to the actual wedding shoes if im not wrong...

if anyone of you have an effective method to slim the bottom do share with me too =(
i really have a hard time finding time to exerice... hopefully there is some cream or ways...

maybebabe

moomood...wear them to cocktail parties or your christmas do or something! wont be too glam!

dont know about face slimming..but would have thought make up can do wonders!

xingli me too...getting something nice OTR.. im looking at evening shoes too and not just bridal shoes... i think white bridal shoes might be harder to wear again next time.

moomood

xingli: no, havent started looking for gown! need to settle hotel first! I cannot cannot cannot wait to try on my gown. like seriously, it's the most exciting thing.. to know how i look like in a gown.. so stressful yet exciting.. haha. :p have u selected your gown, xingli?

anyway gals, i emailed some hotels about their availability next year and i am shocked that most weekends r taken.. gg for site visit this weekend and next..

oh yeah, anyone gg to hold banquet at Amara Sanctuary? HTB and I r considering that

maybebabe

Moomood.. Good choice! We considered it too but for a weekday wedding it just wasn't going to work out very well. Have fun on your site visits.. And the wedding dress trials! Exciting!

mrsng

Oh man dear all, this thread is moving fast. Yeah firstly on my updates to TW bridal studio... Moomood>> I personally don't really like bluebay and Julia Wedding News. Thisi s because their prices is quite expensive and they have those attitude which i don't like. Haha. My BS is Cang Ai.
Hmmm if you were to ask me, unless you don't need any Actual Days services, then its save to book the package overseas.
Cause if not I did advice to take it in singapore. This is becos they can support your needs for AD in singapore.
One WG cost from 300 to a few thousands. moreover, your Evening gown and tea dress on that day. plus the groom's suit. Also not to forget the MUA. MUA cost from $480 to $1.2K depend on the skills and reputation of individual. So if you need such services on your AD, its better to take one stop services. Before you sign any package, please remember to get as many pose and outfit as possible. But i think hotel should settle faster. Haha cos like a lot of weekends is taken up.
Btw i m taking Amara Singapore.
Hmmm n hor my first gown fitting from Bridal Concept was not that good cos i tried on to my dream gown n it was not as nice as i thot i could fit it... SOB SOB...

Xingli>> I be extending my stay. And i had one AD gown.For choosing PS gown, i be only choosing when i m there. haha.. Will share pic with u all.

I oso hope to be in 2011 soon... Its like a very long wait!!!

moomood

I went for hotel viewing at MarinaM. Will show you girls the pic.. Not many days left.. quite anxious.............! Im gg down to holiday inn (OCC), carlton, Mhotel and Grand Hyatt in the next few days.. and amara sanctuary this sat to view the ballrooms.. hope to settle things soon..

Oh, Mrs Ng, my HTB also suggested gg to Cang Ai, he's quite impressed with their gowns.. Then ur AD how? Who are you engaging? Or you getting ala carte for your wedding? Like v ex right?

SOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!

txl

thanks in advance Mrs Ng =p
ya... its such a long wait...
when i attend friends' wedding i wish mine was juz like them... in 2010 too...

Jiayou moomood!!! hope you settle your stuff soon =)

mrsng

moomood>> i will be engaging back Cangai. Cause I have check JWN and many BS before that there AD services usually starts from 1.8K to 2K plus which is only loaning the WG, EG, Groom Suits, Bridal Bouquet and MUA only. A bit not value for money. So if you were to look for BS, please choose something with AD package like Cang Ai. Even for Blue Bay, their AD packages w/ TW photoshoot is quite exp if i m not wrong cause i have checked with them before haha. Or take two package, one in singapore and the other in Taiwan (TW for PS only). If you decide on Cang Ai, please look for Manager Guo, and say you are my friend, so we can see whether she can give you the pose she give us haha....

I think for Hotel wise, Marina Mandarin should be quite good choice right (sorry cos i nvr went there before). Cps i went to quite a few before i settle down with Amara. Hmm i think Grand Hyatt not a very good choice, becos Grand hyatt got too many ballrooms in total, and if your date is popular date, many couples will hold on same hotel and cause a great mess.

Xingli>> yah loh... I oso wabnt this yr.... Argh... hmmm but money not enough haha...

doraemonjo

Hello gals... I'm back! Mon is ending soon. Hope u gals hv a great wk ahead!

Mrs ng, moomood, may.. Thanks for the advices. I will look around before I decide to get videographer.

So who is with amara sanctuary so far? I'm thinking of having it there cos the date is avail still
happy.gif

anosilaa

Hi all, I'm new here. My first post! =) Adding to your list of Sept BTB. Mine is on 25th Sept! hope to learn more from u all soon! hehe

rururoo

Hello Peenut welcome and congrats
happy.gif

Hello my lovely ladies hahaha.
Seeing this thread moves just makes me so excited hehe.

Let me share a tip, if you don't want to gain weight so fast, i think you can chew more and eat slower. I'm ultra skinny, high metabolism and eat rather slow hahaha. I read about this tip somewhere else too
happy.gif