(2011/09) SEPT BTB

mrsng

Wooh... hehe... hmmm i bought a lot lot of Bridal Magazine... that my mom totally cant understand y i need to buy for every issues... hehe... so now i m busy extracting the parts i need... So that i wont have so many things to clear next yr... Yeah thanks for everyone.... I also hope the meeting will be an enjoyable one... Hmmm well i think at least she admits her oversight and able to promise won't happen again.

Hmmm anyway i m trying to cut down my weight for my face... is there any good remedy out there? my PS is this dec... A bit early... but since need to go taiwan then hmmm my HB need to study i m only left with the Dec holidays....

txl

Hi everyone...
have been so busy with work recently but glad to see the updates when i log in today =)
Good to hear everyone is doing fine =)
Was thinking of getting a copy of blissful brides too hee hee since you mention its useful... shall get it today =)
but are the ideas in the mag are expensive???
coz usually wat is advertise in mag are usually ex hee hee
i might be wrong =p

mrsng

Hmmmm can be exp can be not exp it all depends on the issues what are they dealing. There is one issues on DIY... n they teach the brides idea and where to find DIY stuff for their wedding... Hmmm actually if you have some idea on how your wedding is going to be, you can google and you will be able to find out some information.

mrsng

Hmmmm rururoo>> makes me a bit pai sei cos hehe i got hmmm i think 20 or more... Cos hmmm almost every quarter or dunno how long i will buy and i still go n buy the malaysia one... ARGH... so i m trying to stop buying if possible.

moomood

Hahahaha. Wow, you girls are wedding mags addict! hahahaha. Same for me, I LOVE wedding mags! Im gonna get more.. so exciting to flip thru the pages, even my bro wants to have a look at the mag too.. haha.. :p

I like theknot.com. Nice webby. Try these too:
http://www.projectwedding.com/blog/
http://woyaojiehunle.blogspot.com/

@Xingli: HI! Anyway, i agree w u that the ideas in mags can be expensive but they also give you ideas on how you can hold your wedding.. so I believe in creativity (not-so-rich ppl's way of dealing with good ideas.. haha). Try one mag for yourself, u'll be HOOKED! TEEHEEE.

Oh, BTBs, I plan to start gown shopping next yr after CNY as my AD is in Sept. Isit too late? I plan to use now till Dec 2011 to settle banquet stuffs

txl

woah thats alot...
seem like you have started your preparation long ago hee hee
no worries i believe they are worth the buy =)
didnt manage to get it yest... ended work late... will get it today instead haha
ya i need ideas haha coz im not someone creative and most of the time i dont really know what i wan too...

clarinsim

hoohooohoo! pillow fight the girls sure win one, because we can pretend angry or crying:p
not easy to plan for wedding, i find visiting and comparing tiring. luckily my htb quite patient not like one of my friend's husband i heard, every stop they make, the husband would quarrel and get fustrated.

maybebabe

Haha.. Mrs Ng me too..

I think all of us have enough to start a small library ;)

I think my HTB thinks I'm obsessed. Besides I've recorded a lot of shows from the wedding tv channel.

Xingli.. Try Martha Stewart Weddings website too. They have a Good Things section which is usually nice little ideas.

Moomood.. I think it's still fine. Though if I'm not wrong for MTM gowns you have to allow 6 months for the dresses to be made plus fittings. Think Mrs Ng might be more if the expert
happy.gif

mrsng

Dear May,

You are almost right. Basically the MTM period varies from Btbs and the designer.
Some Bridal Shop can do it within 3 months, but that depend very much on the seamstress skill also the BTB's idea.

The BTB must be firm on her design. Cos like me my thinking is always changing, its hard to MTM like that cos all the designer will nvr fulfill the design if the design is always changing.

so i think if decide to MTM, do a lot of research first, gather more design, then bring to the seamstress and the designer to discuss on the details, also ask the bridal shop people to let you try OTR WG with the cutting you want for your MTM WG, to make sure it fit you. Once you tried on your MTM WG, and decide the design, don't look anymore on other WG.so that you won't be bothered by other WG's design.

moomood

thanks for the vast amt of info on mtm!

btw, girls.. just wanna complain abit.. i just called the jeweller that did my engagement ring.. sent it for alteration and wanna collect it asap but she says i have to wait for 1.5 mths. :S my frens say they only needed 2 days to 1 week to get the alteration done! aiyooooo.

txl

1.5 mths is indeed abit too long...
alteration can be done within a wk
maybe the shop has plenty of businesses hee hee...
hopefully you dont need them urgently...

moomood

she says size 7 is very rare so they will need a longer time as they r giving me a new ring instead of altering it.. so long..
sad.gif
don't need it urgently, but wanna have it soon..
sad.gif

maybebabe

i know how you feel moomood..my engagement ring was too big before and they had to give me a new one too. i did remember it being a bit of a wait.. and i was getting impatient! But at least they are not rushing through it and doing a less than satisfactory job!

txl

morning!!! Its Friday!!!
anyway going to the natas fair this weekend...
btw, i got the blissful magazine yest haha
its is thick haha
ya... i dislike waiting too especially in this situation but i do agree with May... at least you dont have to worry they are not done properly =)

mrsng

Dear All,

Morning YawnZ YawnZ.... Hmmm went to closing ceremony ytd night... now i m like a panda. ZzzzZZ..
Hmm well Blissful brides is the first mag i bought for me wedding n i simply love it... hehe... Anyway Moomood, hope you are able to get your ring soon, where did you bought it?

Xingli>> you going to Natas fair!!! At suntec or at Expo? Cos i m going to Reebonz sales tmr located in suntec... maybe we can meet up!!!

Hmmm do you all realize our AD is nearer, haha finally an turn 13 months!!! into 12months away!!! yeah!!! haha...

moomood

Hahaha!!! Mrs Ng, u sound very excited hor. I am abit worried that I cannot get things done because we have not even settled banquet!!! hehehehehe!! Seeing how prepared all of u r gives me MORE motivation to work harder.. hahaahaha.

Ya, 1.5 mths is a tad bit too long!! But I trust that they will do a good job la.. the sales asst was very polite actually..

I shall be VERY VERY patient! hehe.

Oh, I went to the closing yesterday too.. YAWNS. I look like a panda today too..

Oh hey, anyone tried Collagen pills from Fancl? My friend recommended me to get it but I am ambivalent.. Quite wary of popping pills..

txl

there is a reebonz sale???
the Natas fair is at expo =(

Ya!!!was telling my HTB two days back...
Finally its 13 months haha
i really cant wait for the day to come...
its always in my mind...haha hopefully i dont sound crazy haha

moomood dont worry...
slow and stead!!!
Im taking collagen powder from meiji but dont see the effect leh haha maybe must be patient ba...
but im someone who need to see the effect fast else will lose the motivation haha
you friend mention Fancl is gd?

mrsng

Dear all,

Y not take the drink... easier... and effect faster. Meiji collagen drink is more to cough syrup taste. N the Fancl Collagen drink taste nicer. hehe...

Go to fancl n ask them for sample to drink hehe...

Yeah i m very excited.. cos i cant wait to start a different life... hehe.. so look forward.

moomood

@Xingli: My fren says she is not sure how effective but she says every bride shld take some collagen drink/pill.. so i was wondering if it's true..hehe...
happy.gif

maybebabe

Moomood don't worry! 13 months is more than enough time, including settling the banquet! Any luck so far with venue-scouting?

As for collagen pills.. Not sure I'm taking any (unless convinced otherwise) but if you're interested I think now's the time to try so you can stop if you want.

moomood

Hey May, We have not decided on the venue but have shortlisted a few. Probably gonna contact them next week!

How's everyone's progress?
happy.gif
Hope you girls are also having alot of fun preparing for ur big day!

txl

moomood>>>slow and steady =) its good that you have shortlisted and contacted them already. Well done!!! Jiayou!!!
Im not sure if its true that every bride takes collagen but my friends who got married do take haha thats how i know about the meiji colaggen powder =p

maybebabe

moomood..very cool... I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting the venues! (I did for ours anyway
happy.gif
)

How's everyone else?

BTW this might be a bit early.. anyone knows of any good emcees or master of ceremonies? or do you usually get friends to take on the role?

txl

Morning!!!
dont worry... believe most of us are so excited and anxious... hoping to get as many things settled as soon possible
i decided to get my friends to be the emcees hee hee

mrsng

Dear All,

Morning to you! haha... Hmm went to find my photoshoot shoes, but can't find any... maybe my requirement too high. So i must keep looking keep looking before Dec. still got 3 mths away hehe..

Hmmm well ytd i manage to try a new collagen drink from DHC. stongly recommend you guys to try that one. Its sold in watson, cos its $48 for 10 bottles, and its better taste den the Fancl n Meiji one.. But guess i have to finish my meiji two box + my kinobutsu one.. cos my mom bought quite a lot... Sweat.. sweat...

moomood

hey may,

i think it will be great to have friends to be your emcee.. i have emcee-d for several friends and i can say that usually friends are able to feel more for your wedding and perhaps, have more heart warming words to express during the ceremony. i will be asking my friends to emcee for my wedding..
happy.gif

txl

you are so lucky Mrs Ng... you mum exactly bought you so many good stuff hee hee =)
since u strongly recommend DHC, i shall get that after i finished mine hee hee
thanks!!!
May>>>I do agree with you...wedding is an occasion you celebrate with your relatives and friends...
it would be good to have ur friends to be the emcee...
hotel do provide the script and you can edit from there if you wan it to be personalize =)

mrsng

Hehe i just hope my two friends.... wont snooke me on stage.... ever see a bride kick the emcee? I dun wanna be the first one hehe... they are both my poly friends. and they have been trying to brainwash me haha they volunteer themselves once they know i was getting married in next sept... So i hope they wont try to be too funny...

yeah... cos my mom buy meiji got discount.. so she will buy n buy hehe... hmm previously she bought the collagen powder till i so scare of drinking... hmm but really DHChas a nicer taste than the others...

doraemonjo

To all the Sep2011 BTBs... my heartfelt congratulations to you!

I am here to add to you names list as my AD is scheduled on 23 Sep 2011.

I hope you guys are enjoying the process of planning for your big day despite all the pillow fights
happy.gif

txl

Welcome doraemonjo!!!

Mrs Ng>>>you are so lucky so have volunteers... for me i only have volunteers to be my bridesmaids haha
when i ask if they can be my emcee, they only wan to be the English speaking one and not Chinese haiz...
though meiji may not taste so nice but dont waste it haha
must finish drinking all of them...
im taking the powder too but i mixed with milo in the morning to drink haha cant really taste it

moomood

Hi doraemonjo!!

Wow, 23 Sept! Whr r u holding ur reception? My HTB and i r looking at 24 Sept!!!! hehehe! We wanted 23 Sept but the day is not our choice.. so coincidental!

BTW girls, what's DHC?
happy.gif

Oh ya, BOWS 2010 is coming soon.. Quick go register if u r interested! I think you can qualify for a gift bag if u register before a certain date!
happy.gif
http://ows.com.sg/bows-2010/

mrsng

Doraemonjo>> Welcome welcome...
Hehe more n more ppl joining us already hehe...

Xingli>> i like being a chinese emccee... Hmmm well cos my chinese is good... but hor my thank you speech... hmm my HB wants to speak in mandarin, so i have to speak in english... hehe... but thinking of doing in hokkien...

Hmmm anyway moomood>> DHC is a branding selling skincare products.. often foun in watson store.. .Its quite new. But i heard good reviews from the magazine, like cleo n seventeen. Hmmm the collagen drink i tried is nice.. it taste like apple juice...

I now using other pc cos my pc like kena virus... so waiting for my IT support to settle seems like he is having a hard time.

doraemonjo

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome.

Hi moomood, I am looking at a few places I.e grand hyatt, Carlton or amara sentosa but It's still in negotiation process
happy.gif
how abt u? Hv u booked a place or bridal shop aready?

rururoo

welcome and congrats doraemonjo !!

some updates on my side
happy.gif

1. Confirmed Avenue 8 PG - Douglas Fun
2. Chose Punggol Waves BTO on sunday morning. Didn't manage to get unit on a more convenient plot of land(Emerald), ended up at Waves which is further but at 15th floor. So still ok i guess?

now i feel like money is so hard to save :p

doraemonjo

Thanks rururoo.. I totally agree with u on the $$ part.. It never seems enough no matter how much we try to save.. Lotsa money just keeps flowing out..

Btw, Any one got a videographer to recommend? I'm looking for a good one but pricing has to be reasonable.. :s

mrsng

Argh... i m getting berserk over my HB's schedule... Its so troublesome to make the appointment when i need to bring him along... ARGH!!!

txl

Congrats rururoo!!!You got ur love nest =)thats a very gd and happy news to hear from you =)

What happen to you computer this afternoon Mrs Ng??? Hope is nothing serious...
Its never easy to coordinate two people's schedule... be patient and cheer up =)

i do agree that its never easy to save money especially at this point of time when everything little thing discussed need money =( but no matter what we must try to coz we have to...
lets jiayou!!!

maybebabe

heheh...xingli is like the cheerleader of this thread...very motivating! :p

thanks ladies on the emcee bit.. i will probably ask my friends instead. though i was wondering who announces the next event to the guest (such as when it's time for dinner, cake cutting etc)... that's the emcee too right?

rururoo...congrats on getting your new home! i know what you mean.. we are going to keep this house we have but I dread to think about the amount of money that's got to go into redoing it up... *faint*

cheer up and be patient mrs ng! worst case scenario..get him to compromise! ;p

and big welcome to you doraemonjo!

mrsng

Dear All,

Ya... even wedding shoes can cost us a bomb... vomiting blood soon... Haiz... anyway i so sad.. i have balloon this few weeks. Now my face looks like a big pumpkin pie.

Hmmmm my Hb is studying.. on alternate Tues n Sat. Then on Wed to fri night. So hor sometimes he will say got lesson sometimes dun have.. so i hor blur le.. i have to fixed the appointment with my wedding coordinator a few times den can fixed it. Even for shoe fitting oso must book the appointment n cancel n confirm again. So ma fan...

rururoo, did you fall under the new National Rally scheme? Cause waiting time cut short to 2.5 Yrs. hehe.

Hmm anyway here's some shop on wedding shoes.

I prefer Sinderella as the pricing is more value for money.

http://www.sinderella.com.sg/catalog/index.php
http://www.loeandbehold.com.sg/

But for loeandbehold they are much more professional in the sense is Belinda would call personally to make sure you bring your HB along, also on some item which need to bring along so that you can get the shoes correct.

txl

we are all cheerleader of each other =)

so Mrs Ng, your shoes is MTM?
I was thinking of getting OTR but have not found anything that i like or have in mind...
Thanks for the website =)

mrsng

Hmmm its OTR... The OTR pricing is so killing ppl loh.... Haha... Hmm anyway go Sinderella and check first. Her pricing is much more better.

Apart from that maybe also Anna Nucci. Price ranges from 40+ to 60+.

rururoo

thank you all
happy.gif

yup i agree we are all cheerleaders of each other haha. great to be in here
happy.gif

mrs ng : i totally understand the part you have to bring your HB along but he's never free! *patpats* be patient don't lose your cool!

may : where is your house at??

i might need to MTM shoes if i can't find cause my feet so skinny haha...

maybebabe

drooool. shoes. so. preeety.
happy.gif
)

Thanks for the links Mrs Ng! I'm going to trawl through ebay first though! :p sometimes you can get sample or second-hand bridal shoes (or evening shoes) for a good price. But that's what I say now..Might end up with a pair from these shops..haha.

Rururoo...our house is here in the UK! but it's quite old now.. plus it's not really our style....one room at a time probably. and not going to think about it untill after the wedding!

Very tempted to come back to Singapore and get a flat! how long do you girls have to wait for a flat? 2 years? HTB and I have thought about moving to Singapore...now's just not the right timing.

And yes you're right Xingli and Rururoo!...all of you have been great on this thread! Im sure we will make it through our wedding as happy brides
happy.gif
)

doraemonjo

cheering for everyone... i just felt so comforting to see the encouraging conversations here...

Mrs Ng, the shoes r so nice... I wonder if I have the budget to customise one after huge amount of money been flowing out non-stop! Zzzz...

mrsng

Hey all morning!!!

The sept is here!!! hehe final countdown of one year!!! Yeah so happy... Anyway coming sat i will be going to Sinderella for shoes fitting. Shall inform you gals on the outcome and feedback.

Hmmm Doraemonjo, hehe... Our thread is very heartwarming one... Hmmmm customize shoes should be good. But hmmm actually can go and see see OTR one first then decide. If not hor the other shoe sellerr i mention, they got sell shoes accessories. And you can DIY... buy those swasroskis crystal for the mani n pedi to glue it onto your shoes with a glue gun.