(2011/09) SEPT BTB

clintomania

Nope, not yet.. I'm down to 2 hotels, OH & Concorde.. I can't decide which 1 to choose as both are equally good!

Things that I've done so far:
- Booked my pre-wedding PS
- Got my gowns and fiance's suit for PS

I'm not signing with any BS, would want to do everything DIY and ala-carte..

What about youself?

tianai83

REALLY???? CONCORDE I KNOW SOMEONE!!! CAN INTRO U!!! Can give you better perks.

Hmmmm OH i oso aiming but they haven't release package pricing for SEPT.....

BS wise most likely i will take cangai, initially i wanted ala carte cos i bought my WG from HK le... but in the end hahaha hmmmmm i realize too ma fan n when AD gets nearer i will be too busy to coordinate.
So hmmmm i think most likely take cang ai den go TW for PS.

clintomania

Oh, who?! I've met April from Concorde & I love their big pillarless ballroom.. only exception that their building exterior is quite old..

OH is having an in-house wedding show on 28 Mar..how many tables are u looking at? If OH, I'm taking ballrm 3.. my fiance prefers OH thou..he thinks it looks more modern compared to Concorde..

Initially I also wanted to take package from BS..but really turned off by their sales tactic, especially those 1-stop BS.. and both of us prefer the flexibility of ala carte.. I have a friend who is a part-time wedding planner.. so he is helping us in PG/VG, florist, etc..and he is my MUA artist too..

Taiwan is a nice place for PS..when will u be going? I'm flying to Sans Francisco for my PS in this coming June..

tianai83

Dear Clint,

I m going over only on dec. My HB taking part time degree.

Hmmm i met up with KAtherine, I m not opting for OH le. I most likely will go with Amara, for OH i if i really take from them also will be ballroom 3. Hmm OH din want to release package for Sept 2011 yet.

Anyway hmmm u can check Amara, the ballroom is also spacious and pillarless and the table number is minimum of 20. Its more of a modern look compare to OH's classical theme.

And the florist we can discuss with them on our choice of flowers, we check with OH before, they prefer us not to change the flower type as it might destroy the overall feeling.

So hmmm overall in all i think Amara seems to be more flexible and they has this very big reception area which only your guest and you will be using.

If you want let me know i can send their packages to you.

And you can look for Christine.

clintomania

aiai..you can fill up your details here in the 2011 BTB spreadsheet..
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlqjkCYsTj48dElJNmkwbVE2U2tiQlNHMlRjTjR5R2c&hl=en

I actually thought of Amara too.. but from the reviews it seem that they are always changing coordinators.. but well I guess it happens to every other hotel.. Have emailed them and Violet replied & invited me for a site visit.. yet to discuss with fiance abt that..

Why u not opting for OH? I spoke to Xue Ling from OH before..and she told me if I'm really keen with them.. I can do the booking with the current package and top up $30/table.. but I don't want to risk as they might not increase the pricelist afterall.. I received their in-house wedding show package.. its the same as BOWS package and they extend the offer till 30 Aug 2011.. my fiance prefers OH thou..

I'm meeting with my MUA this Sat.. so hopefully he has some places to intro me.. will feedback to u again
happy.gif

sept_09_bride

Hi..im also a 2011 yr end bride.. bt AD hvnt decided yet.. actually ive also shortlisted Concorde hotel.. bt same lor..dun like the exterior of the building and the lift fm the shopping centre to the hotel..

few hotels ive choosen, Novotel, Concorde, Orchard Hotel..

Aiai, can send me Amara packages?? we alittle budget.. trying to find a hotel with package between $800-$900... my email : [email protected]

clintomania

Welcome CH! When is your AD?
Do fill up the spreadsheet & can join us in the 2011 BTB thread too
happy.gif

Same as you.. looking for a budget venue that can fit my requirements.. Do note that parking can be quite problematic for Novotel as it shares the same parking place as Liang Court and also people who goes to the nearby pubs also use the same carpark..

U might wanna conside Grand Park City Hall and M-hotel.. both also that price range with 25-30tabkes.. pillarless ballroom too..

sept_09_bride

I heard of both too.. bt think is abit too small for us..coz we both hv quite alot of relatives.. might hv mre than 35 tables.. tats a headache..haiz.. wat spreadsheet u hv?? i dun c any leh..

my AD hvnt cmf yet.. bt feel like hving it at 9/9/11... coz we hv our rom on 9/9/09..hehe.. :p

bt date nt yet fix yet lor..

tianai83

Hi CLint,

Hehehehe hmm i oso like Orchard hotel, but hmm previously they open package for me but hmmm when i call back wanting to place deposit, they say now they cant so i has to re-source again.

After seeing Amara Singapore i think its ok to go with them cos OH's recept is shared by 3 couple.

N i need a big area for my recept. So most likely going for Amara. - ya loh they keep on changing coordinators i m scare leh.

pinkglove

hi aiai, OH will have only maximum 2 couples to share e reception on another day. =) But ya, if u need a big area for ur recept, den it's gd to get an exclusive reception area =)

sept_09_bride

Aiai.. Amara always change coordinator 1 meh?? scare.. siao liao.. pray hard ours wouldnt lor..

May plan a trip there with my htb 1 day.. hehe.. :p

tianai83

Pinlove>> Really? Cool i din know about that cos all along i thot recept is share being 3 couples.

Hmmmm haha CH u booked Amara le? Haiyo hmm after i check with my friend hor, i think hmm mchristine not bad den hor anges oso quite hmmm fast in response so hmm should be ok..

But i think the recept area really caught me haha..

sept_09_bride

Hihi... i hvnt book amara yet.. bt abt to soon..haha.. :p i hvnt got my AD date yet. but wana chop chop get it done liao..

hv invited Master Tong to help us choose a date.. after he got tat.. i will mk a trip dwn with my hubby (address him tat coz had our rom last sept) hehe.. :p to book lor..hehe.. :p

aiai.. u deciding on amara too?? i actually went dwn there to take a look yest.. fall in love with the ballroom almst instantly..haha.. :p

they hv nice and big recept area.. the hotel is much better than a few hotels in orchard area.. think will consider tat.. nw wats lagging is only my AD date.. hehe.. :p

tianai83

Clint, i got took a short video. Once i upload the video to lap top i can send to you.

CH>> i think most likely is Amara, i went to OH and Hilton to just double hmm verify my feeling. Hmmm still think for recept area and overall is amara. so most likely once i saw the suite i will book them.

sept_09_bride

Hi hi.. me too went to HIPV, Concorde, Novotel, OH, Furama Riverfront.. still feel tat Amara still better.. think the not so good thing abt it is.. is nt in Orchard or Marina area.. which many posh hotels are located.. bt wat i like most is actually is nt in those areas..haha.. coz no traffic jams lor..esp so for wkends..

overall, the hotel is comparable or even nicer than a few of those i mentioned in orchard hotels.. bt too bad, no chance to taste their food.. coz no food tasting.haiz.. i also hvnt see the suite.. think will go n view it soon after i got my date cmf..hehe.. :p

clintomania

this thread has been very quiet for a while.. anyway just to update on my end.. I'm meeting PG from Avenue8..and most probably gonna confirm with them..

I went to OH wedding show..and they are booked on my AD
sad.gif
in fact whole of Sep, they have been booked for a corporate event.. sad now have to resource for another venue..

CH: did u see Grand Park City Hall? I went there for reccee before.. the recep area is very cosy and is a pillarless ballroom.. but I feel the march in is very short..so decided against it..

maybebabe

Hello all.. I will be a Sept 2011 bride too.
happy.gif

I sent a post earlier but didnt seem to get posted.. so sorry for the repeat!

Is everyone here doing a ballroom banquet wedding?

I'm actually going for small and cosy.. been contacting a lot of alternative venues, so if anyone needs some sort of information on places like Halia, Boathouse, (and even Night Safari!) etc..give me a shout!

clintomania

Hi may! When is ur AD?

Yeap, I'll be doing a ballroom banquet wedding.. so cool to be doing a wedding at alternative venues.. esp in Night Safari!
Where are u looking at to hold your wedding?

maybebabe

Hey Clint, my AD's on the 8th. Yah night safari is pretty cool! Their package includes arriving on an elephant Maharajah-style.. And instead of white seat covers you get wild leopard or zebra prints ;) but it's not our style.

I'm still looking at venues.. Top choices atm are mandai orchid garden (hope they'll be available next yr), sentosa resort & spa, and burkill hall.

You?

dancingpetals

May: I'm a nature/flower person too so thought I might also share with u the venue of my AD which is at Orchidville. If u r considering Mandai Orchid, (which I previously considered too) Orchidville is more quaint and not so commercial-like. The boss Joseph is also super accomodative (e.g. he gave me 2009 prices for wedding in 2010 :p). Also, the place when its decorated is really magical, let me know if u need some pics!

Tell Joseph u heard abt the place from Julie (Oct 2010 BTB).
happy.gif

clintomania

hey may..
i love animal prints! haha.. the march in on elephant Mahrajah-style is really like superstar lor..

I'm planning to have my banquet in Orchard Hotel..but sad to say they are unavailable for my AD.. so I might change my AD to Aug..

tianai83

Dear Clint,
Long time no uyp here le.. Wah... no wonder they din call me for my Wedding date.. I was wondering what went wrong.

anyway i think most likely i will go for Amara.
Hmmm hi those looking @ banquet ballroom like Halia, hmm please be careful on the hmmm package. Cos i think they charge soft drinks by per head basis.
I believe might be able to waive off.

Hmmm also hor hmmm how about considering 1-rochester? Cos its seems more private... haha...
Hmmm

maybebabe

HEY JULIE, that sounds great! yes if you can send me some pics i'll really appreciate it! my email is [email protected]. Thanks!
happy.gif

CLINT..yah lor! reminds me of a friend's wedding in india..they had chariots on horses and elephants too! plus fireworks!

any reason you wanted orchard hotel? sentimental value?

clintomania

may: my fiance likes that place alot.. and the price per table fits our budget (< $1k).. the ballroom also looks decent.. the hotel is also the higher end of all the 4-star hotels we have seen..and its the best lor..

no sentimental values

shanshan0407

Hi i am 11th sept 2011 BTB... we booked my hotel ler... We booked four season hotel....
We going taiwan for pre-wedding ps by bluebay... will be going around aug..
And for our AD, we sign up julia wedding news.. JWN only provide us 1WG, 1EG, 1 tea dress/kua but i feel tat it is not enough.. i hope to have additional 1WG for the day, 1EG to send guest off... anyone know where got cheap and good rental of gown??

Anyone heard of xiaoqi from JWN?? Is she good?? wondering if i should pay for the trial makeup as my bridal package does not include trial if i choose xiaoqi as my MUA for AD?? any suggestion??

And we now short of videographer for AD. Any recommendation for good and cheap videographer??

thanks gals..

clintomania

hey ladies,
I have changed my AD to 6 Aug instead.. we have confirmed with OH.. waiting for them to draft the contract and can pay deposit liao.. we reallie like OH and also can't find any other place that we like.. so we changed date instead..

tianai83

Dear All,

Long time no see.. I think i will still stick with Amara.. haha jhmmm this sat going to sign contract with them.

Just receive call from OH that Sept no more date for me... so thot of just decide Amara can le...

CH>> u decide want amara le?

tianai83

Woooh u gals are damm fast... cant i imagine i recommend ppl n yet i havent sign up hahaha....

Only 20 plus... at this moment havent finalize yet...

Hmmm wah so happy to heard so many btbs from Amara... Actually i really think not a bd chocie to sign up with them lah haha... Michelle when u sign up one?

Yah Clint, my AD cannot change, if not will be a very drastic like first half of the yr... N everywhere i ask for the service like AD PG n VG its taking up by ppl next yr very fast.. I dun understand y so many ppl are getting married next yr hahaha...

michi

Aiai, hehe i'm kiasu mah :p I signed with Anges in end of Mar..hehe ya happy to know u &amp; CH, we are all btb from Amara
happy.gif

I've got my PG &amp; VG package for AD too..now left with BS.

clintomania

aiai: I think most pple are avoiding to get married this year as this year is tiger year.. which some say not good for weddings..

u have any choices for AD PG &amp; VG? my AD PG/VG is Avenue 8..

michelle: which PG/VG u signed up with?

tianai83

Wah...michelle, i m glad u like amara lo hahaha at least got more ppl there we can keep one another updated. Its nvr kiasu to plan early u know... hmmm BS i m with Cang Ai... haha maybe u could take a look... den hmmmm if need to negotiate package let me know i will help u... haha.

clint>> hahah ya ya quite true... but which means everything i have to be super fast... my AD PG n VG just settle i be taking up Forest Production. I shortlist melvin ho also, but the combo package from forest production is worth for money. hahaha...
Avenue 8 i think i saw their pictures many time in the bridal magazine hahaha.... u must have booked them damm early right?

shanshan0407

Hi Aiai, how much is your PG and VG charges for forest production?? heard tat they are very expensive leh..

How about michelle?? where you book your PG n VG??

clint, then how much is ur PG n VG cost?? Me looking got Vg but do some research n find tat it is like very expensive loh.. to get a good one tat is charging reasonable is like not so easy..

michi

Aiai, ya I'm please with Amara ballroom, reception area, location and the rates
happy.gif

Shanshan, I'm with this company: http://www.rhemavideo.com/
I'm not able to type out their name in this forum, I dunno why...funny. My package consist of PG, VG &amp; animation montage
happy.gif

tianai83

Dear Michelle care to share how much they charge for animiation montage?

Cos i have been asking ard haha so exp... hmmm good good good like it can le.. haha...

Hmmmm shanshan.

They charge me like 3.7K with express highlight and instant print. So hmmm u can check with them.

If you get Jon for VG its cheaper. Its ard 1.2K. plus another 400 for express highlight.

Their package deals is much more worthwhile.

If u dun mind more traditional kind of VG can try fotowerke oso...

michi

Hi Aiai, I think they charge around $1.2k-$1.4k for animation montage. I've signed for their 3 in 1 package during wedding show, so my rate is cheaper..about $1k
happy.gif

clintomania

aiai: I just confirmed with them abt 2 weeks ago..

shanshan: the price I got from Avenue8 is a discounted price coz my friend knows the chief photographer.. VG for Avenue8 is about $2k.. and pricing for PG will vary according to which PG you select.. they have about 4 PGs..

tianai83

Dear All,

I have finally sign up with Amara last sat.
Hahaha... Finally all my major things settle can shake leg le hahahaha.....

tsharon18

I am a sept 2011 bride too. my wedding is on 25th Sept 2011. I signing with crowne plaza...
my bridal is yvonne creative