(2011/09) SEPT BTB

cherry_chripy

hey ladies !
happy.gif

I am not a Sept BTB, I am 1 month later than u all .. I am a Oct BTB .. hee

Anyway , I noted that you all are discussing bout My Bridal room & Di Gio so I like to give my veiws
happy.gif

Personally I have been to Di Gio and yes I love their designs and I love jeslin, the designer ! She is so bubbly and nice
happy.gif
But a pity, I don't like their photographs and their albums layout. It true they have many hidden costs even setting your hair for your photoshoot will cost u additional $30 bucks++
sad.gif

I have also went to My Bridal Room and I love their everything , from the gowns, to the accessories, to their photographs, to their services & the staff there are soo nice and accomodating . It really a wonderful experience . Of course, there no hidden costs and the staff there try to accomodate to give you whatever possible. Yeah , I am now a happy MBR BTB.
happy.gif
no regrets .. hehe

I hopes my comments here helps u to decide on your ideal bridal soon. hee

clarinsim

jac, candy, cherry, MBR against D'gio: MBR has more winning votes! I will show my htb about my choice, heehee!
i'm meeting up wit Coffee & Tea this week, and I check on their price and work first!

rururoo

i support MBR too! but of course haha.

i think we are all similar, saving hard for banquet and looking for love nest. I'm hoping to get a good bto!

Add oil everyone
happy.gif

mrsng

Dear All,

Wah a few days not here and the thread moves so fast... Well personally for AD PG n VG, hmm Coffee and Tea really is charging at a very high rate for their work. So i think with the rate they are asking for, BTBs can actually get a better AD PG n VG like Melvin Ho.

Hmmm yeah i also support MBR! went to both but still prefer MBR more haha...

Hmmmmm anyway love nest and wedding all cost us a lot of money. Me n HB oso saving hard but we are lucky to be able to move into our love nest after wed. We are now renting the rooms out of our love nest for extra income. We will also be living with his Mom after wed... n hopes it turns well.

Also hope that you gal can settle your BS + AD PG n VG soon. As for using the BS's AD PG n VG, please ask BS to show u the work b4 deciding, as BS has no control over the AD PG n VG, they are freelance and not under the BS...

txl

Mrs Ng>>>that a very smart move =)
heard is good income too hee hee
dont worry... i believe everything will turn out well and as plan for all of us =)

mrsng

Hmmm yes the rental provide us with a good source of stable income and in terms lighten our load.
I also hope everything turn out well for everyone here haha!! Maybe we should meet up and share our information on the stuff we have reccee so far haha....

clarinsim

so many supporters for MBR! i came across this blog from my friend and through her i knew Coffee & Tea has got lots of good feedback. http://www.photobookgirl.com/blog/wedding-animation-wow-your-guests-with-your-love-story-in-cartoon-form/
i did email a few companies like AlvinAdeline, Edmund Leong, Loud Productions, Coffee & Tea and Dazzle on their price. Coffee & Tea price is on the average. because i am thinking to do a cartoon, in those i shortlisted, only Coffee & Tea has all in one roof. i think i will still meet them all first before i select.

mrsng

Dear Clarin,

I have some contact from my friends n company doing animation, maybe i can send it to you. not sure whether i still have it with me haha... got one called dynasty - i think that one seems not bad.

gracyy

Hi ladies,

I am new here and a BTB in sept.

May i know the person who has booked Amara hotel on 3rd sep 2011. My ideal date is 3rd sept 2011.

Any room for negiotation? like swopping of AD? I have not booked any date yet so i can accomodate the person ideal date.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thank You!!!

brendancer

Hi Graccy,

I'm having the same AD as you! But sorry I'm not the person you're looking for as mine is at NCQ. We also couldn't get our ideal date...no worries lah. I'm sure there'll be lots more other choices.
happy.gif

To the rest of Sept BTB,
I haven't decided my PG and VG...isit too early to book them?

txl

Its good to book them now especially if ur AD is a popular day =)
the PG & VG might be booked by others

gracyy

Haha thanks Brendancer for your comfort words.
Maybe i will go down to the master again and get another set of auspicious dates. Hai... Can't move on to the next stage like the rest of BTB.

rururoo

Gracyy : Welcome and congrats! Don't worry i'm sure there is more dates for you unless like me i chose 10 sept cause of it's meaning to us. All the best!

I agree with Xingli if your AD is popular, you should look out soon! I think for me, will get PG and VG from different companies, will be meeting Douglas, a PG from Avenue 8 next week, hope to confirm soon!

gracyy

Hi all, any chance for btb on 3rd sept 2011 to swop or let go of wedding dinner at amara hotel? I hope miracle happen. Please email me at chua_80yahoo.com. thanks!!!!

clarinsim

i met up Coffee & Tea and Loud last Saturday. iwould say their package and price very competitive. my htb prefers Loud video but Coffee & Tea photos. for me, i like the cartoons by Coffee & Tea very much. Service wise, i think Coffee & Tea is more profesional, and i like the way they can custom-made to what we want into the combo, more flexible. the price they send is not exactly what they offer to us when we meet them. i think it depends on what we want and need for ourselves. will visit the rest to compare first before we will decide.

clintomania

rururoo: I'm also with Avenue 8! signed up with Bernard thou.. their PG are really nice ya.. btw which VG are u getting? I took Ave8 VG as well

rururoo

clint : wow Bernard is super ex haha, we're on very tight budget hehe. I agree, really like the photos they take, beautiful
happy.gif

oh i don't think i'm taking their VG because there isn't much info on them. I'm looking at Moving pics
happy.gif
Also very budget hahaha.

mrsng

Hmmm seems like many ppl took Avenue 8. Hmm they must be good! my client also took them.
Gracyy>> will you like to try Long Shifu, he give us one booklet with all the dates which is suitable for us for a stretch of three years.
I think its quite convenient. 90675008
Dear Clarins,
I have send some contacts my friends send me. Hmmm in that case maybe i should check out Coffee & tea. But most likely i might not do an animation le. Need to talk to my wedding coordinator on coming sat den i know haha.. So excited going to meet her first time haha...

maybebabe

Hello all.. How are you? It's gloomy here in London..
sad.gif

Anyway sorry haven't been on much.. Not going with a bridal studio so nothing to contribute.. Yet! ;p

We've just been planning flow of events and details etc. Ladies, what's the latest time you will stay for a Thursday evening wedding? We're not sure whether to have the half hour of dancing after first dance or just mingle.

Mrs Ng.. How exciting! Enjoy the process!

clintomania

rururoo: everything is good for me! just that very busy with work & study.. im working & doing my part time degree now..

may: I will probably stay till 11? or just enough time to catch the last train home..

txl

woah!!! Im impressed by you clint!!!
It is not easy to work and study at the same time men...
i can never do that =( too lazy hee hee
JIAYOU!!!

mrsng

may>> hmm dancefloor.. haha i like this idea eh!! share your day flow here once you fixed it ok? so that i can have some idea too... mine is making me so argh... haha...

Clint>> take care eh... its very tedious to be studying n working at same time. still must plan your wedding its definitely not easy. but gambatte!

rururoo> i heard moving pics quite good eh so hmm dun be so worry n i dun think its budget for them oso...

Ya me oso quite excited cos hmm its like after changing coordinator its the first time for us to meet up.

rururoo

i'm meeting PG tomorrow! So exciting :p Really hope we can click well and confirm him. I'm so tired of finding PG and VG, bleah.

clint: wow work alone is enough to kill me, you still can study, really power
happy.gif
add oil!!

may : i'm fine thank you
happy.gif
thurs, i would probably stay about 11pm too!

mrs ng : all the best to your meet-up!

maybebabe

thanks clint and rururoo..yah..i thought of ending at 11 too.

really should have asked this earlier..but is 6pm too early a start? having a ceremony for some guests only, then cocktail hour before everyone else arrives for 6.30 or 7.

clint...good to hear from you! all the best juggling your studies and work!

mrs ng..sure will do! here's another idea...we're thinking instead of having dancing after the first dance, we might have dance instruction for the half hour or so... most people will probably do salsa...but as it's not really us...we're thinking bollywood! ;p

the day flow is making me a little 'argh' as well.. we want to invite children as many of our close friends and family have them (but most of them are under 5)...and I just realised they will usually need to sleep by 9pm?! just wondering whether we'll need a child minder...

mrsng

Dear May, Don't worry too much on your timing schedule and whether the plan works out. I think a dance floor is great. Maybe you can do bollywood with your sister and brothers. It makes a great impact!
The instructor told us that sometimes its good to keep the kids entertain. Maybe prepare some small toys n whistle items like those we see during christmas party. Prepare a few pack n pass to them to keep them entertain haha...

mrsng

hehe sure... if you think coffee n tea is more to your type den just take with them... cos i oso din got a chance to go down n ask them... hehe...
N i oso din talk to other supplier hehe... just go by ur feeling mostly its correct one... hehe

maybebabe

thanks mrs ng...for always being so encouraging!
happy.gif
yah...i've written down all the potential problems for all sorts of guests and come up with solutions so now in a zen-like state.. :D

regarding the kids, we have a room that i'm going to use as a parents and kids room, we will also provide mini kits for kids instead of favours. whether to hire a babysitter still don't know..but it's a small thing!

mrsng

Wooh... me oso havent started planning... guess i m waiting for the meetup first so that i can let her know on my issues n concerns... so that my coordinator can give me a better idea.

moomood

Hi all!! Im a BTB in sept 11! We havent had anything conctrete yet. haa. im getting very flustered about the wedding gown because i am quite small sized and many have been telling me tt i will have trouble finding a matching gown which would not make me look smaller
sad.gif
any small size BTBs out there?

maybebabe

Welcome moomood!

I'm not small but I beg to differ. There are so many different shapes and materials for gowns with some that are more flattering for petite brides. It's all about illusion! Besides the gown there are other things you can do to look taller, such as wearing nude heels instead of white, or having more volume in the crown of your hair.

If I come across any articles abt dress types for smaller brides I'll let you know. ;)

txl

Welcome Moomood!!!
Dont worry too much =)
I believe there will be something out there that suit you well...
Good news is you have the time to look around since ur wedding is on Sept next yr...

mrsng

Hmmm yeah i think small size brides are cool! they got to try a variety of different of style n still looks good so dun worry. N dun listen too much to negative comments as most ppl hu comments are ppl hu had nvr experience the situation you are in. And if you can't find something in mind, you can opt for MTM option? hehe.

rururoo

moomood : hello welcome! guess what, i'm horrible skinny and awfully flat chested!! i'm 161cm and 39kg. Tell me about it hehe. How "small" are you?

moomood

Thanks thank thanks for your encouragement!! I am feeling abit stressed about my gown seriously! haha! cuz as we girls know, gowns r SO important for us for the wedding! :DDDDDD. Yeah, scouting around for banquet quotations and bridal shops.

Mrs Ng, if i opt for MTM, do u know how much more do i have to pay? Does it mean that most brides just choose OTR gowns? heeee. thanksssss!

mrsng

Dear moomood.

to opt for MTM with packages you need to top up 300 more aside from the usual package.
What you can do if you don't want to top up, can go for Bridal Zone, Ted will be able to bring in some wedding gown every few months and he will ask for your liking so that he can consolidate and purchase the correct design for you.
Apart from that, if you opt for other BS, please be really careful in negotiating the package and make them write down in black and white.
like sequins, beads, lace, and organza material are not to be charge to you. And you may also offer to bring the kind of lace you want so that then won't charge extra. also if you opt for MTM best is to go for reputable BS like My Bridal Room so that you don't need to top up too much.. As many other BS out there has hidden cost.

alternatively you can go to some online BS boutique which they do sell WG in various size, or make a trip to Hong kong and shun bian buy, its only 250 to 300 plus. Or look in forum cos many btbs also sell it after wearing first time. Hmmm n regarding flat chest.. Don't worry, that's you MUA's issues to worry not yours hehe.

anyway its my turn to complain!!! my coordinator say i din reply her to confirm the appointment tmr.. so i cannot meet her tmr!! ARGH!!! so sad...

maybebabe

Mrs Ng:
Whaaat?! did she ask you to confirm the appointment? anyway, don't fret..there;s always next week. now you have more time to think about what you want to discuss with her. also now you know with her you need to confirm everything!
happy.gif

Moomood:
Came across this couple of articles on dresses for petite brides. actually just google and you can find a lot of info.

http://www.weddingpath.co.uk/wedding-dresses
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2395316/2010_wedding_dress_styles_for_petite.html?cat=23

I think the best thing to do is to try different shapes, even those you don't really like. My WG ticks all my boxes but yet wasnt how I expected it to be. but I looove it.

Rururoo:
I'm not well-endowed either! Most of the details on my dress is around the bust...so you wouldnt be able to tell! ;)

moomood

Hey Mrs Ng and May! Thanks for your information. Really appreciate the comprehensive info sent by both of you..
happy.gif

I will definitely take note of the nitty gritty when I sign up for a bridal package.. btw, my HTB and i discussed about having white/black/red as wedding theme, what do you girls think?

@Mrs Ng: Perhaps you can confirm the appt w her next time by sms-ing her again. Having a coordinator definitely helps! How much r u paying her? Btw, what does MUA means?

Sorry for asking so many questions.. haha.. am really one blur nut here.. hehe.. have a fun weekend girls!

maybebabe

Moomood: pleasure!
happy.gif

As for your wedding colours.. Love it! I think it's a stunning colour combo.

MUA means make up artist.. Took me a while to figure out when I first joined the forums :p

mrsng

Woohoo finally able to fixed a date with my coordinator... phew.... Hmm anyway moommod>> i like your theme color. It will be like mickey mouse classic color... n they are my favorite.

Well everything will be all right from now on... I m meeting her on sept... and i need to consult the attitude of the hotel so that i can make sure everything goes smoothly....

clarinsim

visited Edmund Leong & Dazzle. i prefer Dazzle's photos more, but Edmund is more friendly in person. my htb and i calculated if we take the service we want differently, it is more expensive. (AlvinAdeline Video + Coffee & Tea Dreamworks Cartoon + Dazzle Photo)

finally after our pillow fight again, these are our confirmed selections:
(1) My Bridal Room ( bridal package)
(2) Alvin Adeline (AD video)
(3) Coffee and Tea Dreamworks (Cartoon Animation + AD Photography)

mrsng

Clarin>>

Cheers for you sia... hehe... wah everytime got major decision to make must pillow fight huh hehe... maybe i can borrow this idea...

moomood

@Clarins: hahaha, glad to know that you have confirmed on the above! :D I hope you were referring to a freidnly pillow fight! hehe.. must be fun discussing with HTB on these stuffs..

@Mrs Ng, thanks!! I hope all stuffs will pan out smoothly for u after u meet her in sept..

Anyway, I sent my engagement ring for adjustment and the shop assistant told me that we'll need to wait for 1.5 mths.. im like so so anxious.. wonder if you girls had to wait so long for your ring too?

Teehee.. oh ya, I just bought a copy of blissful brides! Very useful mag.. Wedding and Travel is good too! :D

rururoo

moomood : see you are bigger size than me! oh man now i'm worried haha cause i'm like stick girl! poofs.

i bought blissbul brides too! i have the 1st half yr issue, it was a gift from part of my proposal HAHA.

may : but i'm very boney at the chest area so my flat chest is even more obvious. and my collar bones jut out. sob.

Clarin : yay fellow MBR bride :D when is your AD again? we should be seeing each other next year haha.

mrs ng : aite why the coordinator like that... thank goodness u manage to set another appointment!

maybebabe

Woohoo clarin! Your pillow fights are very effective! ;)

Mrs Ng.. Good that you've got the appointment now.. Hope it works out well with your coordinator!

Rururoo.. The most important thing is that your HTB loves you for who you are! I'm sure you will look beautiful on your big day.. I think we girls tend to pick on our flaws but it's likely no one will notice ;) will a halterneck dress suit you?

Ah.. Is Blissful Brides new? I haven't seen it before!

Btw.. I get a lot of my inspiration from the net too. Thought I'd share some links as well.
happy.gif

www.extraordinary.com.sg
www.bridesmagazine.co.uk/
www.stylemepretty.com
www.theknot.com

Enjoy!