(2011/09) SEPT BTB

mrsng

Dear Jac Congrats.... Hmmm u have the SAME DATE AS ME i think n a few BTBS oso haha... haha...

Hmmm whitelink actually i dun mean to be offensive, but make sure everything is in black n white cos they oso like to chop ppl like my BS... haha.. Actually maybe u can try My bridal room?

rururoo

jacqueline : you have the same date as Aiai & ME !! 3 of us hahaha, i told you 10 sept is hot :p

i'm happy to share the good news that we signed up with My Bridal Room just nowwwwww!!! YAY hooray! Finally got bridal studio settled, 1 down
happy.gif
i'm so excited i can hardly sleep :D
thank you all for your constant support hehe.

maybebabe

Welcome jac!
happy.gif

i agree that 10/9 is a hot date! that was my other option but i will have to wake up at 4am... think there would be a grumpy bride and groom then..hehe.

mrs ng: no probs.. thanks for the band info too!

rururoo: WOOT! congrats! and THANKS for your support too.. my friends said the same too
happy.gif

I still love my dress...it's sitting in my cupboard. i'm not going to bother about what other people say now...time to move on!
happy.gif
just finalised contract for the hotel and waiting to sign.. and I've already booked our officiant. soon i can shake my legs!

mrsng

Wooh, yeah that's good news... at least all the big things done den dun need to worry bout increasing in price and favorite place booked by ppl... hmmm anyway if you all have settle the big things.. next will be AD PG n VG.. that one must oso book early.. they up price like 200 - 400 every yr... its kinda scary.

rururoo

yay so happy to be in this forum hahaha
happy.gif

you girls are lovely people!

yup next thing to look out for is AD PG & VG! yikes never ending haha.

brendancer

Hi, thanks for the positive comments on YC BS.
Actually I wanted to walk shop the whole tanjong pagar street for a few bridals and guess wad! YC was like my first and last stop lah!

I mean, I didn't sign them because they were like pushy or cornering me (i went alone cos bf not free) but I thought the feeling was quite right and their pkg was quite complete.

Now I'm just like all of you, need to find VG and stuff.

txl

Ya once AD PG & VG are settled dont think there is anything we can do now till next yr already hee hee

g2hong

Hi all Sept Brides,

My AD is on 11th Sept, but hav not confirmed on the venue. The hotels that i wanted have been booked, now i'm only left wif Orchid Country Club... anyone here having their banquet in Orchid Country Club?

clarinsim

One of my friend had her wedding in OCC too.
Very amazing to see them riding the buggy in for their first march in. I like the food there. :>

brendancer

I think OCC isn't bad too. Are you ok with a CC or u want a hotel? OCC i feel is better than most of the other CCs. If you want hotel very much...can still try n source, definitely will have some venues still avl.

g2hong

hihi, tks for all ur comments, ya, occ has e buggy ride for e march in... e ballroom is veri big and they hav a big room for e cocktail reception, e food is frm peach garden, so actually occ is quite a gd venue...

there ar some hotels which ar available but they ar too ex, after all e gst and service charge, each table cost more than $1,300 per table... so there ar not much choices available...

jac_ho

Dear all BTBs,

i havent decided on my BS!!! arghhhhhh
i kinda stopped after settling for my banquet... oh no!!!

rururoo

jac : chill chill don't stressed out, that's the last thing we want to happen hehe. I also stopped a few months!

Add oil jac
happy.gif
I'm sure you will find a good BS! I recently signed up with My Bridal Room, very nice ppl
happy.gif

mrsng

Hi all, i went to a talk on last sat... it was suppose to be teaching us on not to exceed our budget... but in the end,they nvr touch on the budget planning but instead touch on his services... lol... And the funniest thing is... our own planning and concept is actually very concrete liao so funny... haha...

txl

No worries Jacqueline you still have time to look around... La Belle is having a fashion show this Sat at Regent Hotel. You may wanna pop by to take a look at their gown =)

rururoo

Aiai : sounds like some talk for massive advertising instead haha. did you have to pay for it?

so, what have you ladies been doing? Getting on fine with life ??

txl

as usual haha busy with work...
think there is nothing much to prepare for wedding at this moment...
most of the things seems to be able to settle end this yr or early next yr.
How abt yourself rururoo??? Hope everything is fine for you =)

maybebabe

Heya girls..

Rururoo: just taking it easy now!
happy.gif
recently booked my friend for photography, and so now continuing my search for an evening dress and envisioning how the day will look like.

Good to hear from you all
happy.gif

maybebabe

Hello again.. Finally got our hotel contract in the post today! Once we've sent it back that's one thing to stop thinking about.

Anyway, this post is about a promotion I saw from their recommended florist, Petals and Leaves.

They have a package that includes Amanda Lee MTM gowns and suits, bridal bouquet and car decor, photography, hair and makeup and some extras.. the link is here

http://www.petalsnleaves.com/promotion.htm

Jac maybe you'll be interested? I've visited Amanda Lee Weddings before and I like Amanda and her designs.

Too bad I've already bought my own gown and decided not to go with a bridal studio or pkg... this is actually a pretty good deal I think!

mrsng

Dear All,

Morning... glad to hear that May!!! Haha... at least one down again.... Hmmm Let me share share my remarks on the course... not much has been touch on on how to cut down budget.. but instead how to go about planning.. And we were quite sure that our theme n planning is done quite well...

So now actually i m still thinking on some part like what will be the things i really want and asking for vendors quote like this.

Eg.... I m looking for some mascots to match with my themes but its not easy as the mascots i needed is copy rights so i face a big problem in this.... haha..

rururoo

Hello,

i think i am getting paranoid. Worry that the reception area would be really squeezy and messy at my collyer ballroom in Swissotel. Collyer is 1/3 of Raffles ballroom, on my wedding day, the remaining 2/3 is booked for another wedding. Think i am getting quite worried, must be i read too much forums on what people say. I shouldn't think too much yikes.

txl

dont think I will be getting DIY wedding favors... dont think i will have the time hee hee

Dont worry rururoo... if the reception area is crowded, your guests will enter the ballroom earlier... settle down and chit chat with other friends =) that is what most of us will do =)

rururoo

Xingli, Aiai : thank you for always being so encouraging hehe
happy.gif

Welcome Eileen, Congratulations
happy.gif
take time to plan!

thanks rururoo!

this forum is loaded!! and i am getting overwhelmed.

i see there are lots of checklists, price lists going around..

wat are the lists i shld get?

Thanks!

maybebabe

congrats and welcome eileen! i'd say sorting out the budget is the first priority! and do you know what sort of venue you are having yet?

anyway, there are some lists and budget planner here... i've not used them before but hope they're helpful for you.
http://www.extraordinary.com.sg/essential_contents.asp?eid1=1&eid2=1

enjoy the planning process!

rururoo: hope you're feeling better now! im sure the hotel has done this before and if you're concerned you can always voice it to the hotel coordinator..
happy.gif

aiai: we were going to have DIY favours, but the package we got included favours we actually really like..so going with that!

jac_ho

@xingli: thanks for the support!! have you settled on your BS yet?

@rururoo: thank you!
you have signed up with My Bridal Room yah? maybe i should go visit them?
i am still pondering between Whitelink and ThomsonWeddingCollection. dont wanna have any regrets.. haizzzz T_T

@may: thank you!
so you are not taking up any packages? have you found your PG/VG?

there is another BOWS on the 15-17th Oct!! calling out to anyone who hasnt settled on their BS, this should be the best event to attend (RSVP at www.bows.sg) .. and
HSBC cardmembers can get a chance to win $500 rebates!!

i'm setting my deadline to fix on the BS during this event.. crossing my fingers that both ThomsonWeddingCollection and Whitelink take part during this event ^_^

Good Luck to all SEPT BTBs =)

maybebabe

hey jac.. nope not going with a bridal studio package as I thought it'd be hard to sort out the dress bit as I'm overseas. Also we're not keen on the pre-wedding shoot.. so it worked out better for us this way
happy.gif
And yes, we have found our photographer who's sort of a friend.. not having a VG...we have friends who studied videography so might get their help ;p

btw...anyone thinking about flowers already? wonder what the average costs are..

txl

Good morning everyone =) Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Jacqueline>>> Ive settled my BS liao Hope you can settle that by Oct =) All the best!!!

May>>> not too sure about the cost coz its included in the bridal package

mrsng

Hmmm flowers i have one really great contact... Fleur Design. They are being operated by a couple. And they charge affordable price for couples like us. Can contact Christina 81800964 for more a no obligation talk. I have recommend them to my friend on her ROM n it turns outs very good... she only charge her SGD 200 for some setups...

mrsng

hmmmmm after seeing my message i do sound like some florist trying to hard sell hahaha... anyway she is really good lah... Previously my ROM bouquet i got from prince florist. But now their price is extremely high... and its sad... cos their service and flowers are very good haha. anyway hmmm those hu hope to DIY your home with flowers or centerpiece can directly go to candy florist located at thomson they have very fresh and CHEAP flower.

clarinsim

jacqueline, I am also considering My Bridal Room and D'gio, heard from many of my friends both their service is good. Very scared of those pushy types. I shortlisted loud production and Coffee & Tea Dreamworks for AD PG & VG. Prefer pg & vg together. :p

maybebabe

mrs ng.. are you sure you're not working for Fleur Design? hehehe..

anyway thanks for the contacts!
happy.gif

how's your planning going on?

mrsng

Dear Clarin,

My Bridal Room is better from what i know.
Cause my friend top up her photos from Digio @ $100 per pose... Even though she top up close to 100 pose. And MBR i heard from another friend they got give her discount when budget is tight. I have went to both b4 personally think MBR is better in terms of service lah haha...

Ooops... May not working for them.. haha... But hmm maybe next time i can be florist.... Home based type. When i be tai tai...
Hmm my preparation is in a big mess... cos of the copyright issues... N i just need to think of various plan for backup so as not to be sue by anyone....

jac_ho

@ XingLi: i am going to settle my BS by next week!! yipEee!!

@ Clarin: i have a friend who signed up with DiGio.. i love their dresses but not their photography style. so i decided to go to another BS..
As for Coffee Tea Dreamworks, it is expensive if i'm not wrong

txl

thats a very gd news!!!
So which BS are you going to visit??
Glad to hear you are going to remove one of the heavy load soon!!!
JIAYOU!!!

candycwm

Hi Jac,

Coffee & Tea is veri ex or u can try on Shutterbugs, i sign up with them.

As for BS, i sign up with MBR. They r veri friendly and nice and they will tell u all the cost on the pkage (NO HIDDEN COST)u can look for Uncle Quek and u can tell them my name, they will quote u a better price and more free thing on the pkage.

As for DiGio, i agreed that their gown is veri nice but i find they got a lot of hidden cost n veri ex on their pkage and they r veri pushy n rude.

i hope that can help u on this issue.

rururoo

Yay i'm also a MBR btb
happy.gif

Hello all, sorry for missing in action as i was in Cambodia. How's everyone??

I should be meeting up with PG and VG to check out more, hopefully can book them soon
happy.gif

jac_ho

Dear all Sept 2011 BTBs,

Just to drop by and say "HI!"

I'm wondering how many of you here are in the same situation as me, looking high and low for our love nestsss...

dont fret! i am a property agent by profession, hence, please do not hesitate to contact me okie?

you can contact me @ [email protected]

@ Xing Li:
yup yup!!
after finalized my BS, PG and VG, then i shall continue work hard to earn $$ for my banquet le

@ Candy:
i am thinking of getting the AD PG and VG from the BS..
coz i am worried about the qualities of the other PGs and VGs.. they may use others work and labelled it as theirs.. it just worries me

txl

Jiayou Jacqueline!!!
We are in the same boat now...
working and saving hard for my banquet...

Due to the high COV my HTB decided to settle one thing at a time =(
Will be staying with my in-law after our marriage while looking for our love nest...