(2011/09) SEPT BTB

evelove87

Hi BTBs, I am a July'11 bride. Just done with my wedding last week! 1 and a half year of wedding preparation pays off even though it just for a day memory! Hehe! Well! Jia You to all brides to be! And do add me on Facebook! [email protected]

rururoo

hello ladies,

how's everyone's preps? some of us are already in the less than 1 month phase! exciting yet scary at the same time :p

what songs are you ladies using for the march-ins??

xiao_xin7

Hi all the BTBs!!

seem abit quiet in here lately.. guess everyone has been busy with all the preps...

less than 1 month to mine! and i still have so things on my to-do list! *panicky mood* =(

ruruoo, me and my hub r thinking of using "Marry Me' for our march-in! but dun think we will be dancing in thou... haha!

just went to see my album layout on Sunday... i think i have choosen abit too much pic... quite a no of repetition after they put tog in an album.. trying to tell myself not to regret on the $$ paid..! =(

bliss_girl

xiao xin~ how many pic did u choose for ur album? i've yet to view my album layout.. =( but most prob gonna view it this coming sat..

rururoo~ i've yet to choose my march in song.. my hotel gave us a long list of songs to choose from.. and it seems quite tough to choose 2 songs out from it.. so we are still slowlyyyy choosing it.. =)

xiao_xin7

bliss_girl,

er.. we ended up with about 75 pics.. @_@"
actually can cut futher.. but kena "psycho" not to.. depsite many warnings from friends, we are still top up quite a bit.. =(
but but... the photos are nice! just that it seem abit repetitve now when all in a album layout.. sigh!

anyway $$ spent liao.. i'm trying not to dwell on it already..

how many pic did u choose?

does it mean u can't choose any songs that are not in the hotel list? My hotel said as long as i can provide receipt of the originals, i can choose songs not in the list..

xiao_xin7

btw,

anyone noe whether is there extra cloth allowance for the bedsheet?

I bought my king size bedsheet and the label indicated 30 cm for height. I now than realised that my mattress is 35 cm! =(
Now not sure whether it can fit in or not.. or i need to buy a another bedsheet..

bliss_girl

xiao xin~ i think we chose about 95 photos.. can't rmbr.. don't want to rmbr also.. just like u say.. don't wanna dwell on the money spend already.. haha.. i can bring my own CD to play during the dinner too.. just has to be original.. =) perhaps i'll bring those compilation love songs CDs to play during the dinner..

sc_nah

Hi ladies ..
Sept 10 (Traditional) , Sept 11 ( dinner banquet ) bride here... are we like all stress up here ?

so many ppl say must plan for spa , must go for facial .. seriously .. i duno where to allocate time ...

Anyone same wedding date ???

Sept_love - i reasearch online .. so far the best is standard charted manhatten card .. give u cash rebate .. used to be 5% max rebate is 300/quarter .. nw recently changed to 5% bt 200/quarter...
apart from that is another one call standard chartered xsaver debit card or something .. suppose to be 2% cash rebate ..

Haiz .. even credit card research i also do until wana faint ... i hate numbers .. arggg

xiao_xin7

hi sc_nah,

my tea-ceremony is on Sept 11 too.. but dinner is on another date..

stress level is definately levelling up for me.. >.<

I thot the manhatten card has reduced from 5% to 3%?
Hub is planning to charge all to his Amex card so that all the $$ can be converted to SQ points and we can redeem it for airtickets.. dunno why cant write krisf***r..

maybebabe

sc_nah..my solemnisation and wedding dinner is on the 8th. definitely super stressed..especially when work is taking up a lot of time! i dont need to exercise any more.. dropping weight cos of the stress?!

im guessing everyone's busy which explains how quiet this thread's been. good luck everyone! im sure we'll all have amazing days when we come to it.

coming home to singapore next thursday... lots to do till the AD! but also excited!

puffygal

Hi SC , mine's all on 11 Sept - Solemnisation, Tea and Lunch
happy.gif

Oops gals, i dont seem to be doing much for wedding now... probably 2 weeks before (which is next week!) I will start packing red packets, call up and confirm with photographer, MUA, hotel on table n arrangements, etc..

HTB will be doing the videos, which im stressing him to hurry...
happy.gif

Did i miss anything out? I do tend to worry here n there..about angbaos cos afraid i missed someone out..
BUT most Worrying is "Period"! Is anyone gg to take pill to delay it?

sc_nah

Wow ..
May - good for u , my waistline seems to go thicker with stress... Seriously wanA die ...
Anyway welcome home !

Xiao xin7 - manhattan card reduced le ya .. But still best deal ... Anyway the Amex kr***fly*r is good if you can finish using all the pts if nt upon expiry they wipe out unused.. I heard the citibk premier miles is better cos pts dun expire ... But for me , cash rebate still best .. Haha ...

Puffy gal - I also worry abt that "relative yima" coming ... But as mine is always irregular , coming when it feels like , I also can't calculate when ... Nt gonna take pill cos hubby wanA try for kid Liao ...

Anyway so many sept brides.. Tink all going crazy ... Good luck galss! May we all look the prettiest n radiant tat day !

rururoo

mine is everything on 10 sept, church ceremony + dinner. it's really massive planning and i think i am fainting from all the stress!!

those who are buying bedsheets please be careful, ours is a serta mattress which is 13" thick and the sales guy specifically told us to get bedsheets that are "Deep Pocket". Please make sure you ask when getting the bedsheets!!

guess what, my dayima is scheduled to come RIGHT on my wedding day -_-" tell me about it man. i am going to take pills to delay it cause i'm going phuket straight after!! and erm, i am crazily losing weight too. by the way i am severly underweight.

add oil everyone, we really need the support of each other!! *hugs*
happy.gif

missing

How's preparation gals??
the special moment of our life is approaching real soon!!!

having my GDL n AD gown selection next wk liao.. i finally feeling e excitement..but but...i still got tons of things to do..
have u gals contacted any florist for VIP corsages? any contacts can provide?

have u gals write ur wedding vows too?? i still dont know what to write... goodness..

puffygal

2 weeks more~ the date is getting closer &amp; closer!

Josephine: I didnt prepare any wedding vows or speech! i think i will just say "thanks for coming" . will be too nervous to read out!

rururoo , how many days/weeks do u need take pill in advanced? why are you still losing weight when you are underweight already? :p

simple_will_do

Hi gals!

How are all of you? Tmr we can start giving out our invitation card hor? cos today's the last day of the 7th mth liao! heehee...

Can check with you all, what is the current market rate for angbao to little boy who open the bridal car's door, the solemniser and sister's gatecrash? Trying to see how much we need to prepare for the AD wor... hee =p

txl

Morning everyone =)

junie>>> EXACTLY!!! finally we can send and give out our invitation cards liao =) regarding the amount to be given to the little boy think who the person is does matter. As mine is my younger brother haha i expect my HTB to give a little more to him =p
for sisters, it varies. Juz do it within your means as i believe they will understand and they are there to share the joyous moment with you not to "earn" money =)

Guess what... I juz finalize my food tasting date haiz...
think no one is as "horrible" as me... AD on 25 food tasting on 21 =(
watever im tasting cannot be changed and will be served that night

ruruoo>>> Im having the same prob as you =( and normally i have very bad cramp. where do you get those pills? expensive?

rururoo

hello all! sorry for the disappearing act.

My wedding, as well as Mrs Ng's, is this coming sat!! someone shout "ARE YOU SERIOUS" haha. oh gosh i'm so tired until i can't wait to get over it please.

i have yet to get my pills, will go get it tomorrow if not too late! think a few days before the expected period. i get it from raffles medical. can't remember the name but quite tiny. they are not expensive
happy.gif
but it's not good to eat it often, as of all medicine.

i really think i am stick thin. booo.
all the best you lovely ladies
happy.gif

g2hong

halo everyone, hope everyone is coping well wif the preparations... my wedding is tis sun, 11th Sept but got a lot of stuffs not finalised yet, really getting stress....

anyway, i would like to check wif u all on the burning of dragon and phoenix candles.. do e bride and groom each burn a pair of dragon and phoenix candles or should e bride burn 2 dragon candles and the groom burn 2 phoenix candles?
My mum is really giving me headache on all these customs, hope anyone of u can enlighten on the candle burning...

mimi123

Hi... my wedding is on 25 sept still have 3weeks more. And i want to answer what g2hong asking is the dragon &amp; phoenix candles is light up by your parents mother hold phoenix and father hold the dragon candle. Hope this can help your mum...
happy.gif

bliss_girl

hi hong, what i know is.. the bride's side will light the 2 dragon candles and the groom's side the phoenix candles on the morning of the wedding day.. =) perhaps u can ask your fengshui master if u have engaged one to calculate your wedding date?

xiao_xin7

rururoo,
I'm keep saying OMG to myself.. counting down to 5 days.. OMG!

g2hong,
my customary is on 11 Sept too! i'm having panic attack on and off now.. @_@
the customary stuff always give me headaches too..

how many of u are using ur own ampoule?? I'm thinking if i should get my own.. my mua charge $30 for the ampoule..

missing

g2hong>> the bride side shd burn the phoenix candles while the groom side shd burn the dragon candles. this signifies bride's family got one more son while the groom's family got one more daughter.

and i was told that DO NOT blow off the flame of the candles.. use orange to extinguish the flame.. cos if blow mean to 'blow off e r/s'..

the package i sign w my MUA includes ampoule for day n night make up..

jia you to all brides having wedding this wkend!!even though mine is 3 wks away.. i already feeling the stress.. the table arrangement is terrible...

puffygal

3 days more, xiaoxin &amp; g2hong! hooray...

Xiaoxin, please get the ampoule from ur MUA, because if you get your own, and the foundation doesnt blend well with ur face, she will say it's cos ur ampoule is not suitable for her cosmetics. So try not to save cos we can onli be a princess once in our own life!
happy.gif

g2hong

tks bliss_girl and josephine for your advice...

all e customary stuffs is really making us so stressed up, esp when one side is not so superstitious and the other side is very superstitious, my hubby and i stuck in the middle, really dun know wat to do... now we were not really lookin forward to e wedding... anyway,jus to vent out a bit of my frustrations hehe....

hope all of u are still coping well
happy.gif
xiaoxin and puffygal, hope u all have completed all ur preparations and gd luck to our wedding on 11th sept
happy.gif

xiao_xin7

thanks all brides-to-be for all the encouragements! 1 more day! cant believe the day is really gg to arrive! i'm still worried that I'm miss out some to do stuff..

puffygal, ok shall take ur advice n get the ampoule from the mua... thanks!
g2hong, i have the same sentiments exactly.. the thought of calling off the whole thing crossed my mind so many time.. sigh! but no matter what we got to try to keep thinking positive and work hard in maintaining the relationship..
like wat my collz said.. marriage is never a 2 person affair, but a 2 families matter!

Jiayou jiayou!
happy.gif

azg

hello girls... been MIA for sometimes le.. work is killing me.. zzz~ with all the pimples popping out at this moment~ and im just 1 week away to the BIG day~
Just done with my GDL &amp; An Chuang today, 2 major things off my checklist!!
time to get big headache over the seating arrangements and all the guest list~ and hoping not missing out any important stuffs to do~

sc_nah

Dear gals ... Just ended my customary and rom ... It's over Just in a flash .. Tml is dinner ... Dun worry gals ... All will goes well....
happy.gif

g2hong

xiao xin, agree wif u, its a 2 families affair but its goin to be over soon, after all e arguments, hope e wedding will go smoothly
happy.gif

Gd luck gals
happy.gif

bliss_girl

josephine, is your bridal car ribbon by your bridal shop? if it is, maybe you can call up to ask whether your bridal shop can give complimentary ribbons for the accompanying cars.. =)

maybebabe

hello girls! a lot of us have already had our wedding or are going to have them..good luck and it will be amazing! i'm already on our honeymoon
happy.gif

enjoy the big day..what they say is true...goes by in a flash. just remember to take a step back with your husband and take it all in..just the two of you
happy.gif
relax and have fun!

xiao_xin7

enjoy ur honeymoon, May!

I haven even start to plan for mine.. after we are done with the dinner first ba..

Juz have my customary ytd.. it was a fun &amp; happy day! Me &amp; my hubby enjoyed it.. Now juz left my dinner to settle liao..

Hope puffygal &amp; g2hong have an enjoyable day ytd..
happy.gif

g2hong

halo all,

had my customary and dinner on sun, glad tat everything turns out well though hav a bit of hiccups here and there
happy.gif
its finally over and now im starting to plan for my honeymoon
happy.gif

puffygal

Hi all..wedding's over &amp; in midst of honeymoon nw
happy.gif
same as g2hong, everytink's great with bit hiccups...

was nervous during march in too!

happi wedding to u all! jia you! and smile ur sweetest that very day!

ahsher

hello ladies...

congrats all.. we are now all MRS status already ya. hehee.

finally over with wedding. a short honeymoon. a short travel to India for work.. and back in SG. and finally have time to come back to the forum.

wedding day happenned so fast and felt like everything was in a rush. it was until end of day when i was back in the hotel suite... then i felt the rush of emotion.. and felt like having a good cry!

puffygal

How's marriage life for u all? Im still trying to get used to staying at his hse :D but it's great cos i get to see him 24 hrs a day ! ( minus working.. Blar blar blar )

xiao_xin7

I'm getting used to staying at his parent's place too. Yah still luving the fact tt i get to see him everyday.. I like the feeling of going home to see him.. haha! honeymoon stage i suppose.

next project: planning for F&amp;E honeymoon trip to London &amp; Italy!! =D

ahsher

happy for you.. puffygal n xiaoxin.

today just nice one month since my wedding banquet.. hahaa..

am trying to get use to calling his parent. papa and mama. any of you having same the issue?
just felt pretty weird.

i'm like.. addressing them very quick and softly... to avoid the awkwardness.. from my side la. hehee

maybebabe

Hehe sher.. Another 4 more day and it's my 1 month too. Did you stay at the Istanbul suite too? The florist did a brilliant job in the end *phew* so very pleased.

Yeah it was a bit weird for me too in the beginning but it was kind of nice. Maybe cos I have been living with them for so long in the same house it almost makes me feel like I belong now rather than a girlfriend or house guest?

Any of you got your photos yet? I have and I'm very happy with them! Have sent them out to be printed in those photobook thingy! Blurb.com is good if you're interested.

Xiaoxin, I live in london.. If you need any tips let me know!

g2hong

Sher, i feel awkward too, sometimes i forgot and call auntie or uncle haha, luckily quite soft, they can't hear me...

i've not received my photos yet, my photographer said have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks, its the 4th week now, but haven hear anything from him...

ahsher

hi may.. i got the beijing suite. very chinese style.. got a tiger/leopard imprint sofa. haha.
great to hear that. the hotel provides me with free livefeed in the end.. the quality is quite bad.. but well.. at least they have it.
happy.gif

g2hong.. same here.. i always want to call them auntie uncle.. haha. its like.. used to it le. i'm also very soft when addressing them papa mama. hehee.
May, good for you..
I think we really need to have a change mindset to really make ourselves their daughter! hehee

nope.. same as g2hong.. my photos are not ready yet. its one month now yea. he was telling me at first 2-3 weeks. this week i sms him. then he told me he will work on mine next week only. guess i will see it next 2 weeks or so. so its same like 6 weeks for me.
I text my photographer to confirm if everything is fine.

(my parent wedding. their friend as photograhper. shoot n shoot. end of day realised. the film roll did not placed properly. so.. nothing was shoot. thus my parent keep asking me to check and ensure things are ok. haha)

xiao_xin7

hi May! wow! ur in-laws are in london too? hubby wanted to go london watch soccer match at Arsenal Stadium.. planning for next yr apr/may or sept/oct period.. how is the weather like over there? Any good places to visit in london?

sher &amp; g2hong, same here.. i burted out "auntie" a few times when i first moved in..hahah! now getting more use to it.. call them by "father/mother" thou..

i cant wait to get the photos! photographer &amp; videographer have not said when they r giving leh.. hmmm..

ahsher

xiaoxin.. yalo. i always want to call them auntie. hahaa. i'm going to follow my husband call them papa n mama. my own parent i use mummy n daddy.

my video, i got the express edit for the day already. the full version one (which they said 15-30min). will need to wait least 2 months.

oh ya May, the blurb.com. US website right? i was in melb where my friend took photos for me. she used blurb to print me a coffee table book as well. and the quality is good.

i think singapore locally.. there are a few company doing it as well. i bought a groupon voucher for a photobook sometime back. gonna try using it to print out the photos.. but... gotta wait till i got them first!

maybebabe

Xiaoxin.. Yah my husbands immediate family all in london.
Apr/may and sept are good times to come.. Weather here unpredictable but generally it's nice weather those months. Haha ur hubs also support arsenal ah? Mines a Liverpool fan but I think he watches more arsenal matches!

Add me on Facebook? Easier to jieshao jieshao London there. (maylene seah)

Where r u going in Italy? Check out accidental tourist if u want something diff. I did a day trip out from Florence with my mum with them. Went to chianti for a pasta making class and then dinner in an 800yr old house. One of the best things I've done. They have a wine tasting class before that too if you love your reds and whites!