(2011/09) SEPT BTB

jer_jer

@ DNCL, Thanks for your good recommendation. It shall be useful for my Jun's PS. Lets hope the weather is a fine day to start our PS. Cheers! Oh btw, do rem to bring a flat wen going for outdoor shoot in long dress as I heard it could be tiring to wear heels for the whole day. But if u r wearing short dress for outdoor shoot, then no choice...

@ Joanna, what colours are you interested in? If you have decided on the order, would you be keen to collate your order with mine cos I m also waiting for another 2 to confirm their quantity too.

@ Claire, I did not buy from MLB nor KOW before, but KOW is more flexible with colour selection for my sisters &amp; price wise is now comparable so I rather choose KOW. Unless there's even better package, then i dun mind sharing in. Maybe you may wana reconsider sharing the order with me? (~.<)

hjclaire

Hi jereen, thanks for your reply. Are we able to meet up with the seller to have a look at the dress? I'm interested in pink, but the purple looks nice too.

rururoo

hello all !!

so many posts wow! ok i'm missing out a lot on on your discussions haha. gees my work is seriously draining my energy!

is everyone ok with their preps? my HTB is gonna be away most of june, prob only in sg for 3 days here &amp; there, i don't know what will happen to our preps, and june is like only 3 months to our wedding
sad.gif

on a side note, we chose our photos, will be reviewing album layout on 20june.

add oil everyone!

alexis2011

Hi all, I’m meeting some of my "sisters" this wkend, will be showing them how the convertibles dress look like and how to wear it in diff styles... then see how’s their feedback before confirming my orders… =)

So Jereen will be consolidating the orders???

I’ll be choosing my wedding photos on 31 May 2011, what is the “market rate†for top up of photos???

twinkle_123

Hi All,

I have an Orchard Hotel Wedding Banquet to be held this year. Deposit of SG$5000 is paid. Willing to let go of the deposit at a cheaper rate.

The package is signed during hotel wedding road show with attractive perks.

Interested parties pls PM me. Thanks.

missing

finally got time to log in after soo long..

Puffygal> I have not discuss whose make up to do first wor. going to meet her on 11June for trial make up session then discuss with her. Ya and i only arrange make up for both Mums for wedding dinner.

Jereen> i nt ordering the dress anymore. one of my JM cant fit into the dress wor. haiz... anyway, my HTB sometimes can be e bigger carrot lo. hahah. so I this small carrot must stop the big carrot.

ya..i'm also curious abt the market rate for top up photos.. going selection this sunday liao...

septlove

Hi all,

I am new to this, my wedding is on 25 Sept and i am panicking!
anyone has recommendation for card printers bridesmaid dresses and flower girl /page boy dresses and florists?

txl

Hi sept love
happy.gif

Welcome to this thread. Btw my big day is on 25 Sept too Hee Hee
Regarding bridesmaid dresses, a few of us r considering of getting from MLB. You can find out more information of it in the above thread
happy.gif

Dont panic. We have 3+ mths to go.
Take care

azg

Hello all
happy.gif
how's everyone doing &amp; how's all the preparation going?

I'm done with my photo selection last sat
happy.gif
managed to choose within the given poses, no top up
happy.gif
looking forward to the album layout now.

need some adv on "save the date" notification. Usually how many months in adv do we send it out?

maybebabe

Hi all.. It's been a long time since I'm here! Busy both with wedding prep and work!

@mrschua.. I would think now or 3mths before is a good time? How far in advance do you send the actual invites?

I actually sent my STD 6-8 months ahead cos we had quite a few overseas guests.. So need to give them time to buy air tix at a good price.

@septlove are you designing your own cards? How do you want them printed? There's a few techniques such as letterpress, indigo, offset or digital.. All depends on quantity and quality you want.

missing

Hi Sept love, my big day is on 25th Sept also! keke. looks like there's 3 sept 25th BTB!
happy.gif

my hotel is providing the printing of the invitations cards.. if u need some contacts, pmed me k.

mrs chua>> i think is time nw to start notifying pple? cos the mth of Aug is lunar 7th mth, we r not supposed to give out invitation cards during this mth.. so is best to start now..

i'm finally done w my photo selection too! top up abit for the photos..keke got my FMIL to come along so manage to cut down alot of damage.. keke

puffygal

Gd for u! Mrs chua n josephine.. One more task completed
happy.gif

Anyone who is choosing jewellery for herself ( to b given by parents), i dont realli need but parents say muz give. Now having chore choosing a nice unqiue but not too $ one.

I printed my cards too.. Anyone who need contact let me knw
happy.gif

missing

puffygal> My mum insists on giving jewellery also.. and I hav alr purchase them also..
what do you need to buy? and how much budget u r looking at? I actually comb alot of the jewellery shop to ask for quotation also.. so i roughly know the pricing liao..

puffygal

Hi gals, this is the contact.

Lil'art cards &amp; bridal favours
www.lil-art.com
22, Lorong 28 Geylang
Singapore 398426
6841 1216 (office) 6266 5766 (fax)

Josephine, im not sure. Mum mentioned necklace n earrings. Budget 2-3k? Although i tink i will look for much cheaper ones since im not one very into diamonds. A little sparkle will do. Design more important. Any advice ?
happy.gif

ahsher

hello ladies..

its June now. 3 months to Sept! the last 3 months to our wedding day!!

Just got call from my coordinator from Sheraton. really on time.. she says 3 month, really call me at the 3 month timeframe.. I was just having discussion with HTB last night, saying need to print cards already and i should contact hotel today. Josephine is right, cannot send out cards during lunar 7th month. means really no time for me as my wedding is on 1st week of Sept.. ladies where your wedding is on end Sept, think you can still send cards during last week of August, when lunar 7th month is over yea.

Puffygal, do we call the printer to check how much is the price? i got printer contact from hotel also. how should i decide which to use?

Josephine, You got your cards printed with Hotel printer too? kindly share your experience.
woah.. MIL is the controller ar? heehee. feel abit paiseh to let FMIL to help see and select our photos.. hahaa.. (she been asking how's our photos though, guess will show her only when we collect the album later)

Mrs Chua, thumbs up! no top up at all!!! I'm planing to create FB invite and start email/sms friends this weekend. its just nice 3 months time now for me.
happy.gif

ladies.. i got a question to ask. how much is the è˜é‡‘ (pin jin) your parent asking from the guy side? erm.. need to know the market rate. as in.. my parents are in malaysia. mum wants to know the singapore market rate. so she know what's the right amount to ask.
anyone care to share? can just let me know the market average... or you can PM me to tell me privately. Really appreciate your help on this!
As, both parent haven sit down to discuss the guodali details yet, as my mum haven finalised these stuff.

missing

puffygal> depending what type of necklace u want to buy.. if is necklace + pendant, you can get it at the price of 1K. typical pricing of necklace is 400 plus. if the necklace is more fanciful.. it will cost more than $1500. ear rings wise, typical pricing is abt 500 plus. the price i mentioned abv are all with diamond.. sometimes w/o diamond may not be cheaper also. anyway i bot mine at Poh Heng.. the design not bad.. try gold heart too.. they got nice designs too.. lee hwa n soo kee abit high end i felt.

Sher>> i'm targetting to give my invitation cards to relatives end July then invitations card to colleagues and frens during first wk of sept.. my wedding is end sept mah. so still got abit of time to play ard. I have yet finalize my template but the printing company the hotel engage is American Wedding Treasures. Meeting them to finalize the template next week. will update once I have more info!

HTB and I can be very big carrot.. so got FMIL in to prevent us being chop and indeed help us save money and provide us 2nd opinion too! keke.

I also dont know the market rate for pin jin. Have nt discuss this yet but most prob will only discuss in mth of July when my FMIL n Mum going shop together for GDL stuff

puffygal

Sher, u can go to the website n hv a look. Basically i juz used this contact tat my hotel gaf. They r quite fast n i did some amendments here n there ( hoho no chinese traditional wordings -> replace by map, directions hw to go n cute couple comic pic to liven the card a bit) luving it ( to my own expectation :D )

Josephine , thks, went to hv a look today n saw one tat i fancy - at citigems.. Love the design But the diamond make it cost more! Lolz. Will go poh heng n look ard
happy.gif
its gss now! Everywhere sales!

Ooh mine discuss quite eali on pin jin liao. Hehe super kiasu! His side say muz gif si dian jin , mine ask for red pkt so we get those pig , etc ourself n some tables ( our side). Didnt realli pay full attn but tats wat i catch. I heard some parents will gif u back some angbaos of tables they ask for to help pay for banquet. (tats up to individual family) .

jaccyy

Hi ladies, good to find that this thread is very much alive and updated! My wedding is coming in Sept, and I'm mad annoyed with my wedding coordinator, Felicia, from Park Royal Beach Road. >: (

For one, she got my email address wrong initially, and when we corrected her and told her to update her database, she didn't reply. Neither did she apologize.

She just deleted the wrong email from the database, and I don't receive anymore updates from her. Only my HTB receives news from her until I sent another email to her requesting to be kept in the loop.

Then, we wanted to decide on the theme of the wedding. So we requested for the pictures for us to take a look so that we can decide in advance. It took her one whole week - no replies. I had to give her a call, and send her an ultimatum before she sent me a freaking 28MB file that clogged up my inbox!

Really, as a wedding coordinator, doesn't she know how to zip a document up, or upload them via yousendit or something?

And lastly, she kept getting our names wrongly! Even after I told her my name is Joyce (not my real name), she would reply, "Hi Janice, sorry I got your name wrong."

!??!?!?!???

jemcel

hey ladies,

i'm gatecrushing in this thread, even though my AD is Oct...

I wanna order the convertible dress for MLB ( seem like the material is better), but KOW is more flexi in terms of colour selection but i am looking at 6 pics of pink and 6 pieces of blue...

currently, i hav Xingli and Jerrine's order with me, if by end of the week I can get enuff orders of 20 each, then we can proceed with MLB!

If you are keen, email me at [email protected] by Wed? I will consolidate and update all

otherwise we will go to KOW ... Xingli and Jer, u girls ok with this arrangement?

rururoo

Hello
happy.gif

i've sent my banquet invites for printing, now waiting for friend to do up design for church invite. I've also gotten my si dian jin, it's actually white gold with diamonds from sookee. if i'm not wrong, the pin jin my parents getting would be 2k. hope that helps
happy.gif

qwerty : the coordinator sounds irresponsible, maybe you might want to feedback this to someone of a higher level?

maybebabe

hello all!

yay rururoo..a lot of things done for you then!
happy.gif

i've received my printed invites, envelope liners and envelopes...now got to assemble them! :D

qwerty i agree with rururoo..you should insist on getting another coordinator perhaps? otherwise this one might give you too much stress up to the big day.

@all if you're still thinking of doing a photobooth and need information..i finally blogged about it. i have considered most options i think! so here's the post. sorry for the unashamed self-advertising..hehe

http://backfullcircle.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/capture-the-moment/

txl

Thanks cel
happy.gif
im fine with either KOW or MLB as long as the dresses are pink Hee Hee keep me updated
happy.gif

You girls r indeed very efficient. I've not printed my cards yet it's not too late

ahsher

Thanks ladies for sharing on the pinjin infor. happy for you ladies which your pinjin n guodali stuff has been arranged.
both parent won't meet till end this month to discuss in details only. and most likely my guodali will be in mid July.

Josephine, hey, Sheraton also using American Wedding Treasures. I'm going down this weekend to pick my cards only. How's things after your finalization?
Do you have to confirm the number of cards and printings you need on the spot?

I just started my Facebook invite today only. hehee.. My parent side, Mum is still asking around also. Since now we are getting the cards already, do we tell them a higher number first?

Puffygal, yes, it has quite a good range of catalog there with pricing somemore. Will be useful for me to gauge whether to use the service from Hotel or this one. How do you decide on the number of prints now?
Yes, its GSS now. Hopefully can get some nice jewellery for wedding at good pricing. hehee..

May, checked out your blog. Like your Save The Date notes very much. so COOL! I'm getting a freebie from my photographer, which is the instant photo printing during dinner itself. But guess an extra polaroid around taking photos will be cool too.

qwerty, that's really bad. you really should feedback and change a coordinator soon. Before more serious details will be taking place. (to prevent other problem ya)

houseoflove

hi i am also interested in the pink convertible dress from MLB? but i only need one piece..is tat ok? who should i email to for the orders?

mrsng

Dear all,

I am back MIA for too long. Too busy with work!
Anyway can check anyone collected their cards already? I am suppose to collect and print inserts before 27th June due to my early GDL but i am a bit out of schedule. So i guess my cards must wait then...

I am going to buy the jie mei dress today!
Cos i saw Little Match Gal got sales and are going at 49.90 per pc n the best part isall jie mei got sizes in purple!!! yeah!!!

mrsng

Sher add me can? in facebook i wanna checked with you the progress now so that i can know what to do too busy at work....

woodstock153

Hi everyone i just have my wedding last sunday and i have some outstanding wines to let go. I am happy to let go 12 bottles of corner stone 2009 merlot to let go. I buy at 16.90 per bottle and will sell only at 11. i can do free delivery also, if interested pls drop me an email [email protected] my name is Jaslyn
happy.gif

maybebabe

@sher thanks!
happy.gif
yeah that's great that your photographer is offering that! i love polaroids... something spontaneous and old skool about it.

@mrs ng good to see you here again!

mrsng

may>> Thank you so much.

Finally boguht the bridesmaid dress ytd. Though not in lilac color but at least in some nice purple color tone. One thing off my list... This sat will go n buy my GDL stuff.

Hmmm need to check anyone having weird dates like me for GDL? meaning 2 mths earlier than AD?

little_bobdog

Post Wedding Sales:
1) La Cabane De Vignes Bordeaux Red Wine
Product of France
- 10 bottles
- $18.99 per bottle

2) Hardy Shiraz
- 1 bottle
- $16.99 per bottle

3) Hardy Melot
- 1 bottle
- $16.99 per bottle

4) Prosecco Veneto Itarian Champagne
- 9 bottles
- $11.99 per bottle

If you buy all, further discount is available.

Interested, please kindly email to [email protected].

Thanks.

clintomania

Mrs Ng: good deal you had.. I juz settled my JM dresses at love potion.. had to MTM for all dresses coz 1 of my JM can't fit into their sizes.. I loved their dresses so much that I feel like buying 1 piece for myself!

smileydolly11

Hi I m a newbie here . Anybody heard of Dressing Channel , I heard they sell nice and cheap dresses for bridesmaid. I need 7 pieces anybody tried dressing chAnnel ?

rururoo

may : is that you in the picture? gees. i'm using a mini 25 polariod for my reception, the plan is to ask people to take and paste it onto the guestbook where they will write their well wishes beside it
happy.gif
also, i'll be getting 3-sessions for live band, thanks!

mrs ng : hello mrs ng! great job in settling the dresses fast, chop chop saves the day haha.

maybebabe

Rururoo.. Yeah that's me
happy.gif
or part of me!

That's cool! I still can't decide whether to hv guests stick in the guestbook with well-wishes.. Or to stick onto cards they can hang off a 'tree'...

Oh good for you that you've got your live music sorted! No probs at all
happy.gif

mrsng

Dear all,

Good morning! Thanks for the encouragement! I thot i was very far behind time.... Phew luckily got u a gals to listen me mugging.. I make a lot of bad decision though in the planning too. I have to decline my bestie help due to the fact that she n my timing cant fixed n often has to wait for one another. In the end i told her i will take over all cos hard to accomodate both side time. Felt super guilty n pai sei.

Hmm if you all dun mind can go to love bonito, they are selling dresses, but i guess biggest size up to L only. But their dres are very affordable. Ard 20+ per pc...

Clint>> glad u settle ur bridesmaid dress too! Hmmm actually i oso wan to buy one piece of the bridesmaid dress for keepsake purposes hehhe

clintomania

g2hong: its $110 per MTM dress.. if you just buy the dresses by sizes (XS,S,M,L and XL), it will be $95 per piece..

btw ladies, any nice &amp; cheap places for mani/pedi/bling bling nails?

maybebabe

Hello all!

Just attended a wedding last night.. English wedding so lots of dancing in the evening.. And there was also fireworks display! Ha.. Try having fireworks in Singapore!

So I was wondering.. Since I'm so out of touch now.. What the order of events is like in Singapore.. And what people expect to do at what point.

Like we'll have the cocktail reception then dinner.

When do you take group photos? When do you cut the cake? Do people dance? What do you do during dinner? When do you say goodbye to guests or do they just come up to you when they want to leave?

Sorry a lot of questions! Thanks!
happy.gif

bliss_girl

Hi all BTB, i'm a sept BTB too.. =) Would like to check with you all.. Is it more convenient and cheaper to buy those guo da li stuff online or at Chinatown area? Online i only know the shuangxile webby..