(2011/09) SEPT BTB

txl

Happy New Year in advance everyone!!!
Dont worry may... think its still early. Ive not gotten anything for GDL yet think next June ba =)

simple_will_do

Happy new year to all of you too! An eventful year will be starting soon! wahaha...

Xingli => I've checked le. Its call muvee. Do google it. So far it is still quite easy to use leh. If u need the software and if it cannot be downloaded from the website, we can discuss how to pass it to u in PM k?

May => So glad that u found something both of you like! My HTB doesnt like to wear accessory so most prob his will be very under utilised. So the decision is, we will spend more on mine! wahaha! But I've set quite a low budget for my wedding band la. Less than $1k for both rings!! Surprise! wahaha.. Simple one with one cute small diamond on it will do =)

juz_gal => ehhhh, the only place I have thot of so far is east coast park. Cos we are into jogging de and it is a place that we go very often. So might be going there to take some pics. But heard that Bedok Reservoir got very nice sunset leh... So might switch place too. Btw my PS does not include nite shot leh... think i lugi hor?? If i wanna go for nite shot, they sure ask me to pay them more money de. So we might skip nite shot totally la.

txl

Thanks Junie
happy.gif
I've found the website but realised I've to pay to download unless it's the trial version. Did u pay for it?

maybebabe

@junie.. Haha same here! We spent just a tiny bit over $1000(if u convert from £ that is)

I also got bling bling on mine! ;) but it's still simple which I like.

Anyway all, Happy New Year! Can't believe we are reaching the year of out wedding already! Wahh! Im sure this thread will be inundated with more interesting and fun posts when we launch fully into planning! Wishing all btbs a fab year ahead!

juz_gal

Happy new yr to all!!

Thanks ladies for the suggestions on the night shots.. I've got another idea of using balloons for outdoor day shots.. but juz another idea that came across..

@junie.. hmmm.. which bridal did u sign up with? i thot majority would include night shot.. but i guess it will oso depends on whether we have time for it.. coz i understand that every location i go, if i wanna change dress, gonna go back to the bridal shop again.. waste time lor..

@junie/ may.. we exceeded budget for our wedding bands coz i wanted rose gold and it's not easy to find nice rose gold rings.. but now they r oso under utilised and its mostly lying in the box coz we wanted to minimise the chance of stretching them..

@mrs ng... i seldom on my msn.. but i guess i'll add u in my fb then..

maybebabe

@juz_gal didn't realise you could stretch them? but i have to agree..if you wanted rose gold might as well pay a bit more for something that you like because you have it for life!

it's officially 2011 here...woohoo!

simple_will_do

Happy new year everybody! 8 mths left le. Wahaha. Nearer n nearer liao.

Xingli -> mine is also a trial version leh. N it is gd enuff liao. Giv it a try. Montage can be done now when u r nt busy with anything yet. When u hv to gao dim renovation, PS n etc, u will not hv much time left to do a nice montage le. By doing so, u also wun feel so unprepared ma. Quick!! Haha

Juz_gal -> my bridal studio is z wed leh. Anyway like wat xingli previously said, i will nt stress myself too much. Will jus make do with watever i hv n be contented. Anyway photos really will end up at some dark places after the wedding. Haha.

juz_gal

junie.. yupz.. totally agree with wat u and xingli says.. dun stress.. i'm oso not doing much ting now.. but perhaps i might oso give diy montage a try when i'm less lazy...

txl

Ya Junie... cant wait for it to get even nearer hee hee
Thanks for ur encouragement =) shall start looking for childhood photos during my free time liao...
Think will only download the program when im ready to start on the montage coz the trial version has time limit hee hee

simple_will_do

Good morning everybody! The next holiday we can look forward to is CNY le! This is the last CNY that we can get ang baos from relatives, so, visit more this year! wahaha...

Xingli => my trial version has expired but it can still be used. Jus some features cannot be used but it does not affect the making of the montage. My montage is about 80% complete liao! Quickly do urs! hee... I keep giving u pressure =p

Btw gals, there's a furniture and electronic fair this weekend at Suntec. Maybe can go down and take a look if u all are looking for things for new house. =)

mrsng

Dear All,

Sorry has been busy attending party throughout with my friends n family finally got time to come online this morning...
Yeah Happy New yr to everyone and the wedding date is getting nearer for all of us!!! haha...

For the montage maybe can use adobe preimier? Also trial version one....

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
Hope everyone is doing fine on the first day of work in 2011 =)

Ya... next yr CYN got "output" liao haha no longer purely "input" haha
Talking abt it... realized its only A MONTH away!!!

Shall look out for my photos while doing spring cleaning haha
Thanks junie for the motivation =)

mrsng

Dear All,

Yah enjoy our chance of ppl giving us AP.
Hmmm i oso keep on asking my mom they all, will they still give me AP after i got married hahaha?

Hmm my house started to spring clean a few days ago... n its like so many things to get rid so that i can have enough space for my wedding. n my mom have been busy cleaning n painting too just to get ready for CNy plus my AD... haha..

May>> can give me your email for the TW agenda?

jochng

Happy New Year to all.
It is really getting nearer and nearer...
I still haven't done lots of things. only managed to confirm BS and banquet only.
My BS just called me last week to fix an appt to see them. This is stressful and exciting.

rururoo

Hello everyone!

Time really flies, it's getting nearer to sept hehe. I'm starting to get nervous, haven't started with guest list nor planning for the day.

Will be going for my 1st appt at mybridalroom tmr! hehe
happy.gif

maybebabe

Hello all!

Josephine...have to agree that it's both stressful and exciting! ;)

rururoo...yeah.. once we stepped into this year I suddenly got nervous too! now i cant say our wedding is next year anymore!

anyway, enjoy your appointment at MBR! very exciting!

We've finished our save-the-date card finally so I've just emailed it to some of our friends...there'll be more emailing this week for me!

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
glad to hear everyone is progressing well =)
For me, Ive juz done up my To-Do list haha
hopefully i didnt miss out anything

Enjoy urself rururoo =) keep us updated with you appointment

mrsng

Dear All,

Morning!! glad to see so many updates from you guys.
I m so sian i fell down from the stairs last week while i was working.
Finally back to work.
But still sian when my colleague inform that TCM is not approved in my company but she's the one hu bring meto a TCM argh!!!

mrsng

Dear Xingli,

Share your to do list le...
I have not yet started anything at all.

anyway hmmm i found one nice PG doing very retro n vintage type of photo.
please let me know who interested they are accepting a very affordable price.
For those BTBs who wants a very different photo can look for them.

txl

hee hee my To-do list is quite simple...
its like a schedule by when we have to complete certain task such as
montage
reno our room / buy furniture
print / collect wedding cards
buy GDL / AC stuff
MC script
register our marriage / apply license for music
etc...
think im going to bored you all liao haha

mrsng

Wah u like my HB like tt haha... Planner!!
Hmm but its good eh cos when date gets nearer will start to panic!! den will forget to do stuff.

simple_will_do

Good morning ladies! 8 mths more to go! haha...

Rururoo => how's ur 1st appt with the BS?? My 1st appt with my bridal shop is on 25 Jan and I havent done my homework yet. I duno what kind of gown i like. haha... gotta chiong those bridal mags soon liao =)

Mrs Ng => are u feeling better already? Take care cos cny is only around the corner! =)

Xingli => well done! haha... got a to-do list ready liao! I got a template from my fren too. But that is more on tracking total spending for the wedding. I havent fill it up yet. =p

txl

morning everyone!!!
gd weather to stay in bed haha
Ya i agree with you Mrs Ng, Im very worry that i might forget certain things especially when the date is drawing nearer so better write them down now =)
Jiayou junie!!!

mrsng

Dear Junie,

Thanks for your concern. its still hurts a bit when i walk hmm basically i m limping lah haha.

After seeing what Xingli say i felt that i should get started... haiz now where oso cant go so sian...
Even when my photo comes out liao oso cannot lo.

txl

dont sian dont sian...
now you need to have more rest in order to recover fast =)
during this period maybe you can do some indoor planning hee hee

rururoo

i've chosen my AD WG & EG yesterday, decided not to mtm cause i don't know what designs i like. those i like are ball gown styles which make my skinny body look even worst! it was quite an experience, took me 4 hours to chose those 2 hahaha. my PS will be on april 5th, cause HTB will be flying flying flying.

juz_gal

wow.. it seems like everyone is getting into the mood... i'm still at a lost, dunno wat i shld b doing now..

M going to my BS for gown selection for PS after cny and PS in Mar...

Mrs Ng.. hope u r better now.. take care...

it seems like montage is on the top list for most.. went to google on animation montage.. but realised it's rather costly.. *sad*

it seems like most bridal mags (eg. her world bridal) comes with the to-do list that we can all make reference to...

meidesu

Hello I'm new! But I've been following this forum for quite sometime. Very addictive! I'm a sep btb too. So far all major stuff have been settled. Still deciding whether or not to engage a videographer. Any good and cheap ones to recommend?? Am on a budget haha. So cant spend toi much. Most prob only need half day with highlights that's all.

txl

Ya... its a gd idea to use those to-do list template found in mag or online =)
thats what i did too...
from there you personalize... it will be much easier to start.

Welcome Meisedu!!!
wat is your budget for VG?

mrsng

Dear Meidesu,

Previously one BTB got intro a VG to this BTB maybe u wanna check the archive!!!

Juz_Gal & May>> Thank you so much you gals are so sweet!!! Haha but i m now working cant sit at home to shake leg haha...

Hmmmm my to do list... i m suppose to start but have not done that...

Anyway do you think we should hold a meet up somewhere!! for the sept btb...

meidesu

Hopefully I can get 1 below $800 but so tired of meeting them already haha. Ya will probably go through the entire thread again to find the info

destine

I'm new to this thread and sort of just confirmed that I shall be a sep 2011 BTB too. But besides the venue, yet to do anything. think im really very far behind time...

tml shall start my hunt fot bridal studio. any good recommendations?

mrsng

Dear All,

Went to a few places ytd.
Harvey Norman Warehouse Sales:
42" LCD @ $699 w/ $100 Shopping Voucher! Super great catch but i can't book cause my house probably be ready only in July... ARGH...
However the branch manager station there has promise us to give us a good deal in july but he say most likely will be cheaper so no worries.

Apart from that I went to BOWS to pass angbao to the TW team who did my Bridal Shoot in Dec.

Just think that Bows was really very good bridal fair compareto others.
It has the most Hotels participating and also the AD PG n VG which was not seen in other Wedding show.

Anyway overall it was a busy Sunday for me haha.

Destine>> Welcome!!
Recommendations for BS:
My Bridal Room, Nice WG & EG, Excellent and Honest Service, Skilled PG but price a bit stiff.
Bridal Zone, Excellent and honest service. Outdoor WG is more elaborate type one compare to other BS which is bare in design.

Bridal Concept,Nice WG, Excellent and Honest Service.
Cangai - my BS but must negotiate very carefully if not will kena chop.

rururoo

Welcome Meidesu & Destine!

Meidesu : My VG is MovingPics, can go to the thread in photography to look thru
happy.gif

Destine : i'm a My Bridal Room bride, love them! They are awesome people
happy.gif

Xingli & May : Thank you
happy.gif

Hello hello hello, sorry i'm always missing hehe. My planning is picking up, we started to really think of our guest list and update it on google docs. You girls should try that
happy.gif
Bought a guestbook from Prints. Soo Kee wedding bands arrived, sent it for engraving, will collect it soon.

Bought the forever friends wedding couple bears, so adorable i can't resist it :p Can anyone suggest how i can make a platform to put the wedding bands??

rururoo

oh i forgot to mention i got ivory wedding heels from anna nucci, 3.5inch with ribbon and blings! they having sale now, go see if you need to get
happy.gif

got a Qn, i read somewhere that the heels for AD must be new, can i wear for PS then for AD??

mrsng

Dear Rururoo,
Congrats that you are making much progress!

For me:
Sourcing and looking for my Love nest stuff:
At current i m still at he point of deciding my renovation ID / Contractor.
apart from that I have also make a trip to the Home fair in Expo. Really like Sealy's mattress and HB and i are still considering.

apart from that start making some contact for the wedding cakes vendor. I might not go with pines due to the fact of their pricing.
Most likely will go with Simply cakes until i confirm my number of guests.

Anyone fixed their date of GDL? mine is in june!
So have to push my invites earlier... ARGH.....

simple_will_do

Hi mrs ng, my gdl is on 11 sep. Easy to rmb hor? Haha

Gals, i am going for my first appt at my BS this afternn!! Super excited le! Scully i start crying after trying on my first gown cos too happy tat i am really getting married liao. Wahahaha

mrsng

Dear Junie, Yeah! Enjoy the process haha.

Wah i oso feel like doing this all again! Hmm but better to save more cos with all the stuff coming in its really a lot of spending sia haha.

Hope you can find something u like! Hehe.

ch33rix

Hi All~ im also a Sept BTB.. Hee.. nice meeting you all here.. >.< like to check is anyone here getting instant printing for their AD from live studios?

juz_gal

Hi Jasline,

I'm also considering engaging live studios.. but have yet to confirm and pay any deposit.. comparing among a few and live studio's price considered a bit on the high side..

rururoo - r u using the forever friends bear to use with the wedding bands? for me, i diy a small ring pillow.. and used bear for pen stand (holder)...

hey all, i'm having difficulties getting surrounding ppl to be emcee.. any recommendations for external emcee? just need a simple one..

and those doing their diy montage, r u all paying for the usage of music for the montage?

mrsng

Der All,

I have an instant printing booth.
Its by my AD photographer - Forest Production.
All i did was to top up 300 bucks from my existing package and the give me unlimited shots throughout the AD.

Anyway you can check TienFoto i think he is charging like 1.20 per card size photo.
So should be cheaper cause before i confirm with my AD PG i did check a few.

Juz_Gal, I did call compass before they did mention must paid for that but i forgotten the actual pricing. Please call them i think its not too exp they are charging the AD music if you are not using hotel listing at ard 50+ dollars so hmmm the montage should be not so bad.

mrsng

Me also facing some AD issues which i have yet to planned it out.
Wanted a theme wedding plus my live band but realize it might be too many stuff incorporate into one event. So i m in a battle between live band vs my mascot thing.
Anyway i decided to take a break on my wedding planning until after CNY. but Hubby has mentioned i need to kick off my wedding invites prep first as my GDL is in june... so i did better start my wedding invites soon....

juz_gal

Live studio had unlimited prints but tienfoto has restriction and for live studio, I was quite keen in the guestbook where guests can keep 1 copy but attached 1 in the guestbook..

Mrs Ng, can pass mi the contact for compass?

For invitation cards, I was also considering doing it outside coz the invitation cards of the hotel wasn't to my liking but was considering cost.. Currently still in slack mode coz reali too lazy to plan and at a lost wat to do..
Hubby also lazy type who practically leaving everything for mi to do..

I'm supposed to b taking my PS in mar or apr and was told that I need to arrange for gown fitting after cny to choose the gowns for PS.. The BS also mention to choose and confirm AD gowns 1mth b4 AD else will charge mi extra for changes.. Didn't Noe had to go down BS so mani times...

ch33rix

Hi juz_gal (juz_gal,

Ya!! im looking at the guest book too. If you dun mind, like to go down tgt? cos my fren go book tgt with fren then she got a very good rate at $1088 for just the instant printing. Now they are quoting me $1388 for just instant printing itself. Was wondering if more pple go tgt maybe we can bargain for a better price.. hee..

txl

Hi everyone!!! Good to know you guys are progressing =)
juz_gal &amp; Mrs Ng>>>Ive called compass too and realised music attached to slides show need to contact RIPs too. Therefore, for me, ive to pay both organization. Anyway the contact is 6323 6630