(2011/09) SEPT BTB

mrsng

Dear All,

Initially i wanted to opt for 6 - 8 but in the end i might go for 4 sister only as i realize it might be squeezy for all of them to be in my house.

Yawnz i m sleepy.

Ya i m getting my shoes earlier due to early photoshoot in dec.

simple_will_do

Gd morning gal! Its friday! Haha. Tmr i will be going down to the restaurant to sign the contract le. Hope i dun regret =p

Btw this restaurant only hv chocolate as favours for guest. Is it enuff? Shd i make do with it or spend additional money to get another favour? Many frens told me choc is better cos they do nt need to bring anything home. But worried that other ppl wld hv higher expectation. Dilemma

txl

Good morning!!!
It Friday!!!
Dont worry junie... after you sign the contract, dont think about it liao...
dont find out more and compare... then you wont regret =)
regarding the favour, unless you dont mind to stretch your budget else as what ur friend mentioned choco is juz fine =)
guest can eat while waiting for the dinner to start hee hee
thats what i always do haha

simple_will_do

Hi Xingli, thanks for the assurance! haha... Since i wanted a simple wedding, i think will keep things basic! haha...

btw, I'm signing contract with Ban Heng at Harbourfront (former Dragon Gate Restaurant) for my banquet. Did you all happen to hear anything from your friends or any personal experience on their food and services?

anosilaa

Hi Junie, in fact I love to receive chocolates/cakes as wedding favours. Not that I love to eat but the rest of the items are not very relevant and I've collected too much and dunno where to put. So i think I will be giving chocolates/cakes too! haha. dun worry about it. Who says chocolates are cheap things?! keke

Oh, I went to Ban Heng to see too! My aunt works there on weekends. I know that the whole team of chefs and bosses changed but I was told the food standard is not that bad either. I've not personally tried the new dishes by the new chefs so I cant comment. But I tot the table prices and goodies are pretty decent. Why dun u go there one day to eat and try the food?

maybebabe

Hello all!

Congrats and welcome junie!

Mrs Ng, how's the shoe shopping?

I'm now on my way to the National Wedding Show! So exciting! And I'm so glad HTB is coming with me. Will post here if I get any good ideas from the show!

mrsng

Dear Gals!!!
Yeah what a busy weekend. how's was the National wedding Show? Please keep us updated ok?

Hehehe.. Yeah went to amara and met my coordinator! Violette! Superb gal and excellent services. Everything we told her she mention its ok to put in and given us some suggestion making me n HB qutiwe assure that our wedding wil lturn out as per what we have planned!

txl

Good morning everyone!!!
Hope you have a great start of a brand new week!!!

Mrs Ng>>> you dont have to worry liao =) everything will be in place

May>>> do keep us updated hows ur National Wedding show?

simple_will_do

Gd morning everybody!

Mrs Ng -> happy for u that ur dream wedding is coming true soon =)

Peenut -> thanks for assuring me that chocolate is good enough! hahaha... I've tried the food last Sat after i've signed the contract (i doing it in a opposite way! wahaha). Ordered a $12.80++ set meal which includes goose meat, sharkfin, wasabi mayo prawn, fried rice and mango pudding. This menu has two items that can be found on my banquet menu.

The 1st one is sharkfin. My HTB and myself find the sharkfin overly sweet. At some point, it tasted too salty... The 2nd one is Wasabi Mayo prawn. Its not as "hot" as what we hv imagined so we think that elderly should be able to accept it.

Overall the feel is still ok so will pray for the best for my AD banquet! heehee...

mrsng

Dear Junie,
Happy for you that everything turn out find!

While i m trying to keep fit,i m looking for another lobang for my pre wedding shoot in Singapore. Wanted to save some money and dun do it in singapore but.... hmmm since hubby n me were met in school i think maybe it will be good to leave some memories... What do you all think?

maybebabe

Hello all!

Junie and Mrs Ng, great to hear things are working out so nicely for you!

Mrs Ng.. hmm..I think it's nice to have those memories..but do you really need a prewedding PS to capture those memories? if you really want to save some money you could always go back to those places and have some photos by either a friend, or do a video..or something... that's my take anyway. If they are really important, then go for it. Or maybe have a 'trash the dress' shoot after the wedding instead ;p

Anyway, the National Wedding Show was pretty good... left with a few ideas. I've recently started a blog to keep track of my thoughts and planning and I've jotted down ideas from the show (though there are too many and I will keep adding over the next few days when I have time).

http://backfullcircle.wordpress.com

janice_ong

Hello Everyone
I am new here! My wedding will be 22/09/2011.
I have booked my venue but have yet decided on the Bridal Studio. Any advice or suggestion? Can share which BS you have signed up with?
Many Thanks :)

reikas

Hi Ladies,

I am also a Sep 2011 BTB!
happy.gif

Future mother-in-law just helped to confirm our wedding date (4 Sep) 2 weeks back and the coincidental thing is the date is my HTB's birthday.
happy.gif

Missed out on the National Wedding Show as HTB was overseas. We haven't got down to confirming anything yet (!).

Hope to get tips from all of you here. I am relatively clueless...

Cheers,
Reika S

reikas

Read May's blog and found that the National Wedding Show was not organised in SG.

Sorry about that. So malu....
embarrassed.gif

txl

Welcome Janice and Hwee Min =)

thought of having a wedding blog initially especially after reading some of those...
but knowing myself, being lazy, i decided not to liao...
dont think i will be constantly updating my blog hee hee

janice_ong

Xingli~ Totally agree with you on the blog thingy... I am lazy too... keke...

Hwee Min~ You can have a birthday surprise for your HTB on your AD keke... It will be very memorable!

I am hoping to get tips here too!

sc_nah

HiHi peeps !!
Gonna be a sept BTB yeah!!!!
Customary Day gonna be : 10th sept
Banquet : 11th sept

Nearly went crazy as i called in ALL hotel yesterday to try to secure 10th sept .. its really a auspicious date ... haiz .. end up we settle for 11th for banquet ...

happy.gif

txl

welcome Sc_nah =)
not to worry. its very common now to hold the dinner on the next following day =)
look at the bright side... you will not be tired out on 10th sept =)

rururoo

Helloooo!! So many new people i am so happy haha.

Welcome and congrats Janice, Reika and Sc_nah !! Join us in our chit-chats more often
happy.gif

Janice : where did you booked your venue at ?

Reika : yaya i agree, surprise your HTB, he'll be so touched
happy.gif

Sc_nah : Hi girl, 10 sept is indeed hot though i'm not sure why, Mrs_Ng and I both have the same date 10 sept
happy.gif

janice_ong

Rururoo- grand park city hall. What about yours? Have you booked your bs? Which one. I'm still searching... Keke...

All of us must chat here more often ESP when the date draws near... Keke I think more stressful then... Keke...

Happy planning! ;)

rururoo

Janice : oh i heard my bro-in-law said it was good when he attended a wedding at GPCH. i'm near you, at swissotel stamford haha. BS i'm with My Bridal Room
happy.gif

yup i feel like i have a 1001 things to do? haha. Especially i don't know how to plan a gatecrash - church ceremony - banquet full day event!!

janice_ong

Rururoo- oh mine... Can be stressful... Maybe you can cut down on ad outdoor photo shoot and do in church. I will cut down on that and do in hotel... I want to rest lo... Keke... How much is your mbr package? It is one of my choices! Will visit them! Keke... Service good? I want mtm cos we have a theme! Keke...

maybebabe

Reika.. Hehe no need to be malu!! After all you are on SINGAPORE brides forum! ;)

So cool that it'll be your htb's birthday too! Have you booked anything yet?

Rururoo.. I feel the same too! I signed up for reminders on what needs to be done at theknot.com. I've been bombarded by reminders but haven't done anything yet!!

mrsng

Dear All,

Wah great to see so many BTBs joining us!!!

Sc_Nah... me is oso on 10th of Sept! haha... hmmm for both banquet n customary...

Nvrm i oso malu i thot in Singapore oso haha.. lol... Forgotten May is at overseas...

After a few negotiation i most prob will go ahead with the Pre Wedding Photoshoot in singapore.
This is due to some concept changing.
Previously i tried to save on every single thing... now hmm i think my HB n my thinking has slowly converted into - everyone will only be a king and queen once in their life! that is their big day.
So in the end we thot we should just do whatever everyone anyway its only once in a lifetime n we hope to leave some good memories with us haha.

txl

Woah indeed many 10sept bride
happy.gif

Do agree with Janice... We shall keep this thread moving n it shall move faster as the dates r nearer...
Maybe we should even keep it moving after sept 2011
happy.gif

I'm actually feeling abit stress now liao coz I'm the anxious type plus I can't settle many things now as many r only to be settle early next yr haiz

Well said Mrs Ng
happy.gif
it's only once in a life time
As long as budget n time permit plus both u n ur htb r of the same frequency, go for it
happy.gif

Remember to share with us our ps pic then :p

reikas

Thanks for giving me the warm welcome!

Janice & rururoo: Actually I wasn't really thinking of wanting to plan anything special for HTB on that day. But come to think of it, maybe I should.. Hmm..Any suggestions?
happy.gif

May: I have to yet make any booking (!)

But we met up with a pre-wedding photographer some weeks back. My HTB and myself are really camera-shy people (we just freeze if we're asked to pose), but thought we should still take some photos as memento (once in a lifetime, like what Mrs Ng said).
happy.gif
We really like this photographer's style and should be confirming with him quite soon.

Also planning to meet up with Furama Riverfront Sales Mgr within the next 2 weeks to do a site inspection. We're hosting around 20 tables so it's one of the few hotels that could cater to our needs. (HTB & I are both vegetarians, so that limits our choice as well)

For bridal studio, most likely will be doing ala carte (DIY). Roping in friends to help with makeup, hair and AD photography.

Just typing this message made me realise that I got lots to do! Cheers to you ladies for getting so much done already!
happy.gif

janice_ong

Xingli~ Ya! I agree with you... Many things can only be settled next year! I also Kan Chiong Spider! Worst, I have very bad temper! keke... I hope I keep my cool... I keep telling myself... Don't think so much, just do it and be HAPPY! keke...

We should all try to keep the thread moving even after our wedding and discuss things after marriage... haha

Any of you gals going for marriage preparation course?

janice_ong

Hwee Min~ I have this idea. Just before your thank you speech, make a special request to your hubby, blind fold him and get one of your helpers to bring out a cake. After that, remove the blind fold and all the guests and you start singing the birthday song! End with a kiss from you! simple sweet and not much of a hassle. can get your helper to arrange a cake with the hotel...

Any other ideas? keke

reikas

Thanks Janice for the cool idea!
Maybe can bake a cake for him too (he knows I'm a goner when it comes to cooking/baking)
Wow, think he'll be real touched.
happy.gif

I was also thinking of dedicating a song to him...

txl

Janice your idea is indeed simple and sweet =)
Hwee Min you can really consider that...
i second the idea =)

ya should keep this thread always alive!!!

janice_ong

Hwee min- cake, you may be too busy leh... I can give you recipe for a simple butter honey cake. Or make cheese cake which requires not much baking? Can give you recipe also. Keke... You see how. Dedicating song is cool bit you sing will be nicer! Haha

reikas

Thanks a lot Janice!

If it's not too convenient, you could email the recipes to me at [email protected]
happy.gif

As for the singing part, will need to find the right song that he likes...

Actually, there's a dilemma for me. My close childhood friend (who'll be one of my Jiemeis) shares the same birthday as my HTB!! And they were ex-colleagues.

Would it be not so nice if I emphasise only on my HTB and not my childhood friend? (Esp. when she will be running around helping us on our big day)
kao_confused.gif

txl

hmmm...
maybe you would like to bring up but the emphasis is still on ur HTB...
as you mentioned... she is your childhood friend... someone so close to you...
she will understand...

reikas

Thanks Xingli!

Maybe I think too much.
Think she will understand.
happy.gif

Was thinking of having a pre-wedding gathering with my Jiemeis to think of ways to tekan HTB and his bros. Maybe can use this chance to celebrate her birthday earlier as well.
happy.gif

sc_nah

Mrs Ng and Rururoo .. so u all booked venue le ? mine is on tentative cos still waiting to go down meet the people...

Actually 10th really very good date ... almost all hotel full... even capella ! Anyway nearly went crazy again yesterday cos heard from mum that tongshu wrote that day is clash wif dog ... so all my jiemei is dog zodiac.. then my cousins is tiger ..also got ban ..say cannot let tiger in ... so end up was told not tohave any jiemei !!! Haiz ... really duno what to say ....

My htb on e other hand have close to 16 xiongdi .. so i jolly well can be at the gate myself lo ..

Anyone have similar problem ?

txl

woah... your htb really has alot of xiongdi leh...
one of my jiemeis also clash with my date =(
have no choice but not to include her sob sob

maybebabe

Mrs Ng, that's great that you've decided that! We won't be spending crazy amounts of money but also decided if we need to spend more in certain areas, we will! (I already busted budget on my dress haha..)

Janice that's a great idea with the cake!
Reika, jamieoliver.com has some yummy cake recipes.. Tried and tested! What kind of cake does ur HTB like?

Prob good to try baking it at least once before so no stress of trying new recipe before the big day! If u don't go with the cake in the end how about a surprise message or video etc if you do have a video montage? Or if u really have no chance to make a cake you could always get premade and decorate it yourself?

Did u try Li Bai at Sheraton Towers? Heard the food is good.. I'm sure they can do vegetarian.

Sc_nah..wah! So many xiong di! Hmm.. Can u get anyone else not born in those years to be your jiemei? But I suppose u only want good friends rite? Or any guy friends to be your 'jiemei'? My friend did that!

Janice.. I will be going for marriage guidance course.. Express crash course tho cos HTB will only be in SG for a short time before we marry!

reikas

May: Thanks for the Jamie Oliver site~ My HTB likes cheesecakes and chocolate cakes. But he doesn't like them to be too sweet. I tried making a peanut butter chocolate cake for him before and it turn out too sweet. End up my mum and I ate it.
sad.gif

I'll likely have a video montage done by our pre-wedding photographer, the surprise message might be good too. Was thinking if I combine all the surprises together, whether he'll get a heart attack or not? =)

Sc_nah: You might want to check with your Mum if the 'ban' restricts to just the gate-crashing part of the day or/and when you enter into your HTB's house.

For me, I'm not supposed to have friends and relatives who are from the Dragon zodiac during gatecrashing and entering HTB's house. Other than that, I'm ok to have all my friends around. Luckily, none of my friends belong to that zodiac.

I'll also be signing up for a marriage prep course early next year, most likely with Focus on the Family or Feiyue. Not decided yet.
happy.gif

janice_ong

Hwee Min~ You've got mail. Don't worry, you can always mention before or after singing the birthday song. Not necessary getting her on stage what! keke...

Sc_nah~ Get your hubby to share 1/2 of his xiong dees and make them be your jiemeis! But they must be on your side la! OR get your aunties and uncles to help!What about close colleagues?

May~ Which one are you going to?

janice_ong

I'm signing with Feiyue for January 2011.

For me, DOG will clash. My geomancer told me:

• It will not CLASH(沖) us.
• It will only CLASH(沖) the person bearing the horoscope.
• They have to avoid (回é¿) the bride and groom when they enter the house.
• They have to make their own decision to participate in the Tea Ceremony or not as it will CLASH(沖) them and NOT us.

Hwee Min~ Can have a short message after the video montage keke... But i feel that the cake will not be a BIG surprise after that. keke... You decide la! as long as you are happy
happy.gif
Oh! The recipe is a non bake oreo cheese cake! Chocolate + Cheese. Reduce the amount of sugar to make it less sweet! keke...

mrsng

Dear All,

Hehehe, i will also be planning a surprise for HB.
To thank him for being such a wonderful HB.

But i be either delicating him a song by myself with the help of the live band OR presenting him a trophy to put best HB of the yr! if i m doing an award presentation, I will throw in prizes for my mom and mil n my family members. Its like to appreciate them for grooming me into someone like this haha..

Hwee Min, How about when doing your pre wedding Video montage, add in a small video of urs to wish him Happy birthday and some dedication notes for him, or like add in his friends n family too so that it will be a warmth presentation not so hmm traditional kind. N it can be easily done when you have ur camera or Video cam.

mrsng

sorry forgot to mention:

SC>> can i call u this? hmm i m having banquet at Amara i think you can check with them the venue if you want.

janice_ong

Mrs Ng~ like your idea on the trophies! keke...the wishes thingy for hwee min is cool too! keke...

Now, im thinking if i should throw in surprises for my HTB! keke... But I shy leh... muahaha...

mrsng

Ask me ask me i help u brainstorm haha..
Just kidding... i think sometimes is good to dedicate all this to our Hb cos normally they are the one hu trying to please us...
Hmmm so its good if we can put some ideas togther n give it a bash!

Hmmm actually i oso wanted to do wishy thing but i got too many ideas le so must pick n choose!

janice_ong

Mrs Ng~ I need some ideas to make the wedding a memorable one. whereby the guests and us will always remember! Something personal yet memorable... or getting them involved in a way... it is boring just to be there having dinner and shaking hands and byez... you know what i mean... keke

txl

talking about trophy...
at universal studio, they sell very interesting one like "world best husband/wife/bf/gf etc" such wordings printed on it =)