(2011/06) June 2011 BTB

purplebottle

I'm with 36frames. My mind has always been set on them because I've been following a few PG's blogs and i like theirs most
happy.gif

moon_light81

I quite like their work too, plan to arrange viewing of their portfolio with them soon.
Most prob going to decide between 36 frames and another studio which I quite like. ;)

goosey

hi all! i'm back after a long hiatus.. my wedding's on 18 June
happy.gif

i'm thinking of "booking" my bridesmaids soon, but I have 18 very very close girlfriends and sisters.
as much as i want everyone involved, it looks 18 is too many
sad.gif
anyone knows an ideal number? how many are u all getting?

also wondering what are the different duties my gfs can do.. must they all be BMs?
appreciate any assistance!

purplebottle

hui yun: which is the other PG you're looking at?

goosey: wow, 18 is really many! I'm thinking of having 5 BMs. Don't think there's an ideal number, it's up to you
happy.gif

Hmm, they have fun during the gate-crashing, collect ang paos for you during the tea ceremony, hold your dress, recep for dinner, coordinate with hotel manager during the night.

pinkglove

goosey: 18 BM's a large no.! But I've heard of an upcoming wedding with 18 BM as well and I think it'll be really grand too.. I guess there's really no ideal number but rather a common no.? I shld b having 6 jm.
happy.gif

besides e usual duties purplebottle has mentioned, they can also help out with pre AD planning if u wish, like with ur wedding deco theme preps etc.. They can also coordinate with the PG / VG etc so that u n ur hubby can be totally relaxed..

purplebottle: how's ur holidays?
happy.gif

pinkglove

Purplebottle : my PS was fun! Didn't do much shopping cos luggage was very packed w my gowns already. Bought few things.. Hehe..oh, that's great! Lotsa shopping for ya! I wanna shop more too e next time I go for hols when I don't have much baggage..hehe.

So have u managed to check out ur gowns already?

purplebottle

Yup, you can shop during your HM ;)

Nope, I called and they said I should only go down 3mths before PS since there'll be new gowns for me to view so I'm only gg down in sept.

pinkglove

oh..3 mths shld b sufficient since MTM takes around 3 mths.. u have to start ur homework on what type of gowns u want though.. so that it'll be easier for ya when u wanna choose ur gowns =)

jtsy

Hi, I have a question. Went to several weddings and notice that they usually have 2 ang pao boxes, 1 for the bride side and 1 for the gown side. Is it necessary to get 2 boxes? Anyone gg for just 1 box?

pinkglove

jtsy: i tink it's because some couples will have e bride's side keeping the angbaos and the groom will be taking back theirs.. So it's dependent on what e couple & their families have decided.. But if e bride's side's not keeping any angbaos, usually they'll have just 1 box..

joyle_t

jtsy>> sometimes... just one box cos' the ang baoz that goes into this box is for bride and groom.. some relatives will give to parents directly, e.g. if groom giving his MIL 10tables, the 10tables that she invited (friends/relatives) will know automatically pass the ang baos to her...

elyssa

Need help for my solemnization ... Consider InterContinental Hotel... Do I need to w8 for wedding show to book the venue?
During the hotel's wedding show then cheaper the price?

purplebottle

Elyssa: The price during the wedding show might not be cheaper but they may throw in more perks. If your solemnization is soon, you might not want to wait for the wedding show.

elyssa

Purplebottle: thx for ur reply... We r thinking 28 June for solemnization ... How many months do I need to book in advance?

purplebottle

My solemnization and AD are on the same day (June 2011) and I've booked the venue earlier this year
happy.gif

I guess you can book the venue earlier since you've already confirmed the date unless you want to wait for the wedding show for the additional perks.

purplebottle

Hmm, I don't think it's 50%. It's probably 20% and the rest of the payment is to be done the day after the wedding dinner. Some hotels require you to pay the amount in stages before the dinner though so you've got to check
happy.gif

leyash

I'm also a June 2011 BTB~

wow... some of you gals are really fast in booking your AD PG & VG. Haven't given mine much thought yet.

purplebottle: I think you might be a future neighbour of mine. lol..

moon_light81

Hi Purplebottle,

I sign up with Loud for AD PG & VG after 3 visit to them. =) Already settle on most of the packages, next on the list is gown selection for PS. =)
Need to lose some weight ><

tikiko

Another June BTB reporting! =D
Mine is on 18 June 2011 &amp; if everything goes on smoothly, I shld be able to strike the banquet venue off my list today *keeping fingers crossed*

Oh my future lovenest is at PL too!

moon_light81

warm welcome to missywinnie &amp; tikiko =)

I'm also trying hard to lose the excess to be ready for PS in Oct. ><
Next on list is to finalize PS venues =)

--> Tikko, have you finalize your banquet venue?

shanawawa

Keke hi ladies..
i think don't really need to worry about the PS and losing weight. coz they can always photoshop!
I think more importantly is the actual day! i think usually they just provide the copies without photoshop? in any case, I still wanna lose the weight!

missywinnie

pinkglove ~ thanks. so far i had settled my venue and bridal. now left with the family discussion on the pinjin and guo da li, plus searching for an emcee and gifts for bros n sis on that day.

missywinnie

hi hui yun ~ i had hold back my PS cos i still need time to slim down. lol. but it just seems so hard.

hi shanawawa - ya can photoshop. is the actual day which pg dun do any photoshop to the pic. but is still good to slim down as much as we can so can fit in all the nice gowns.

now searching for my AD photographer. Any recommendation? i finally found the videographer i wan. But now the problem is i am abit worried of no show on that day. think i worry too much ya.

mrslimlin

Hi all! I'm a Jun2011 bride as well. AD will be on 4 Jun.
Haven't done much for the wedding except for the photoshoot which we will be doing in Sep.
happy.gif

purplebottle

missy: why do you worry about the PG not showing up on the AD? Perhaps, you can give him a call a few days before to remind him
happy.gif

Eunice: hello! your AD is one day before mine
happy.gif

missywinnie

Hi Eunice - Welcome. My AD is the same as yrs - 4June. haha

purplebottle- is like this. i happen to find this VG -Filming Art. I like the style of the highlight they had done. So wanna engage them. But bcos they are based in JB, i am very worried after paying the deposit they din turn up on that day.

mrslimlin

Hey missy! How coincidental!
happy.gif
Any special reason for that date? We chose 4 Jun cos it's our bday.
happy.gif
)

Purplebottle- Your AD is the same day as my sis bday!
happy.gif

Realise alot of BTBs here have gotten DBSS units. Me too! Mine's at TP@ TPY.

missywinnie

clint - ya their video very nice hor. the price is at $2k. expensive anot? i duno x anot lei..but i really like their style of their highlight. u can check the package on their webby. or go FB to search for them u can see their latest projects. i m mtg them this fri.

mrslimlin-ya very coincidental hor. yr hubby and yr bday fall on the same day - 4th june??? my hubby and my bday fall on the same day as well - 1st june.
anyway no special reason just that FS Master calculate for us. 4th June is one of the date which the bridesmaid,bros and family members wont crash with the brides and thats me.lol. a

mrslimlin

missy- yups! Both hubby and my bday are on the same day. same as you too. lol. Wah, u even went to the extent of calculating the date such that ur bridesmaid and bros won't clash.
happy.gif

shanawawa

Mrslimlin and missywinnie! My AD is also on the 4th June! Hahaha!

Mrslimlin! I also just did my photoshoot and booked the church and banquet. I also got a unit at TP! Mind to share which block? keke mine 139B.. so excited about it... ;)))

mrslimlin

shanawaa- i'm also at 139B! hi neighbour! I can't wait for it to be ready and I get my fren living in TPY to check on progress periodically.
happy.gif