(2011/05) May 2011 BTB

strikingreality

Hello!
happy.gif
I am also a May 2011 BTB. Which day is ur AD? Mine is 7th!
happy.gif

How's ur preparation going?

w3ngal

hi kass
mine would be 22 May 2011 and going to confirm soon.

preparation wise haha. only reading the threads here and there. considering going JB for bridal and going to check it out in May.

You will be holding yours at?
Source for bridal package already?

strikingreality

w3n - You know something? 22 May is our first choice!

But the hotel we want is already booked when we asked in mid-Jan! Can u believe it?! So we took 7 May 2011 instead at Goodwood Park! Where is urs?

I think 22 May is a hot hot date. U are the third person I know who considered/confirmed 22 May for their AD.
happy.gif

I booked banquet and BS already. BS is with Jawn Happy Ever After. Now sourcing PG and still considering whether we want VG or not...
happy.gif

disneybaby

Hi fellow brides,

Mine's 27 May 2011.

Qing Duo Duo Zhi Jiao.. now sourcing for PG & VG as well. =)

Any recommendations?

prisci11a

kass, i also 7-may 2011
happy.gif

i booked banquet- NCQ and BS - S Broadway...

now looking for PG & VG... still dragging my feet on that, already look for about 2 months..

w3ngal

Kass - U wanted which hotel for 22 May 2011 initially? I wanted Orchard as our first choice but taken up very fast also! So i settled with 2nd choice at Grand Park City Hall =)

I chose this date cause is calculated by the geomancer. Is a Sunday wor.

Hi Princess, welcome to join us in the discussion. Your bridal settled?

Prisci11a, s broadway is the one in AMK?

You all considered very fast le cause i haven even go for bridal shopping haha =)

I am considering Derrick Ong for photography. But still pending his reply on charges. I am also looking for some cheaper sources around, good photographers but lesser costs.

do you all do the childhood video montage yourself or hire pro to do?

prisci11a

w3n (w3ngal), yup, that the one.... signed up with them on impulse during a wedding show... after that realised that i missing out on the whole BS hunting experience... :S ... which seems to sooo much fun...haiz.. make sure you get to go to all the shops that you like!!

i considering jc photography for PG, emotion pic for VG (htb fren) and another freelancer for PG/VG, but he is a bit pricy...

w3ngal

okie. cause i used to stay in AMK when i was young and during that time always go see their gowns haha.

Video montage is supposed to be done by VG or PG ah? Now i see around, the service is really pricy!

strikingreality

Prisci11a >> Same AD! I remember reading somewhere that 7 May also rather hot.
happy.gif

w3n >> GWP was already booked for 22 May, so I picked another date.
happy.gif
For me and HTB, we like only GWP and Fullerton, so were deciding between this two. Never gone down to look at NCQ, though I quite like it too...

I have Derrick's PG charges, but may not be the most updated, cuz I got it from him last year If u want, can send to u. But he is quite ex though I like his photography!

Video montage should be done by VG right? Cuz PG does photo montage?

Btw, is ur geomacer David Tong? I can't recall where I read that, on Cozycot or here. :p (Yes I am on CC too, but another nick) We also engaged him to calculate our dates...

prisci11a

kass, ha ha, i also used david tong.... hahaha...
o no, i was hoping that 7may is not a hot day otherwise there could be another wedding at NCQ... den there is goingto be bad congestion problems.....stress...

normally from what i know, you can get either PG or VG to do the photo or video montage for you.... depending on what you like, but since u getting a VG, might as well get the VG do express video better then just photo slides..

prisci11a

w3n, hopefully their gown are as pretty as what i saw in the photo books ... got a lot of styles and i did see quite a few i liked.... hee

w3ngal

I also engaged master tong!!! Lol so qiao..

I think their gowns should b nice. I am considering going JB to recky first.

Usually there will be a childhood pic montage n video express highlights in most banquets or only one?

Oh yah u all ROM le mah?? Any recmmended JP?

strikingreality

Wah, so many 7 May BTBs here!

disneyland >> I think I am holding the tentative booking at Sheraton (booked during last wedding show in January). :p But I booked at Goodwood Park already, forgot to call them to release!

I like Orchard Parade! The Tung Lok there serves fantastic food! The package is really not bad, but not big enough for us, cuz max 30 tables.

How many tables u are lookng at? Cuz OP can only hold max 30 tables, while Sheraton min requirement is 30 tables of 12.

How's ur planning so far?

disneyland_mi

yap... Kass, table got problem lor.. we count max 35 tables... initially we want max 30. so now is waiting for my bf side to confirm his father's friends... if can keep it at 30 thn Tung lok best!!!

Sheraton and GCW need quite a num of tables which i might not be able to meet.

I booked my bridal package already with Digio (many yrs ago already booked). hahaha

That's all my planning so far. Nothing much.

prisci11a

kass, can set up 7may bride club...

Hi Disney, welcome and congrats!!.....just a thought, good to check your max & min, but remember to book for min with the hotel a i think that hotels will actaully expect you to make up the minimum tables for the dinner..cos we do not always know what can happen...

disneyland_mi

prisci11a, ya must hit hotel min. kind of headache lay. I just registered with GCW for their upcoming bridal showcase on 25 April. She saw my date, said already got 2 couples on waiting list so ask me prepare for alternative dates. Really so many pple choose 7May wor.

w3n, good! you already confirm your venue. one already done. =)

prisci11a

w3n, congrats!! happy right, when you get something confirmed
happy.gif

disney, wah...but since only waiting list, if you can confirm and you really like the place ... see if they will give it to you lor... but i dunno if you meet the min le? from what i remember, they needed min at least 35 tables min... now your max could be 35, meaning you could have less or more... if you don't meet min tables, there could be a min spending le...

disneyland_mi

yalor, sat wedding need 40 tables lay... so i dint commit to her anything lor cos i think i cannot meet that. i just go see the ballroom. heehee. most prob is cannot take there ler. sianz where else?? OPH- max 30 also might not be able.

w3ngal

GCW is?? Haha sorry I can't seem to figure out..
Ok for me maybe still long so even if confirm le I aso dun feel excited. I got abit headache with photography service dunno which better n more suitable...

Have u all decide how many jie mei n bro to help out? When do we need to coordinate with them?

strikingreality

Girls, I recommend this website, they have a very good to-do checklist and other resources!

http://www.extraordinary.com.sg/essential_contents.asp?eid1=1&eid2=1

I also have not decided how many jiemeis to have leh... got so many friends, trying to cut down also.
happy.gif

disneyland >> If u looking for 30-35 tables, can also consider Grand Hyatt, Pan Pacific Ocean Ballroom, Orchard Hotel, Novotel Clarke Quay, Hilton. Goodwood Park also can, but I booked already. :p

w3ngal

30-35 ermmmm is swiss merchant within this range? i tried dinner there the food is good and nice ballroom too.

disneyland_mi

Kass... heehee ya you booked Goodwood park already. Hanor i will try to check out other alternatives and thank for the website too,it's very useful. =)

w3n, have not plan how many jie meis or bro le.

prisci11a

w3n, have to start looking for PG for your AD, also if you want, VG... den maybe can start looking at mag for what types of gown you like...
florist / band... if you need...

i still haven settle my pg/vg...a bit lagging now...hahhahaha

strikingreality

I also lagging on PG/VG right now... Now we not thinking of having a VG yet... Only PG. But also lagging for a while now... Hopefully will get this sorted by end of the month.
happy.gif

Who have u shortlisted?

prisci11a

kass,
pardon the typo error, cos forum blocks the correct spelling... hahaha

jc photogrphy for PG
emotoin pix for vg...
also a freelancer that does pg/vg, but he is quite ex in comparison with e the other 2 proffesional ones i thinking of.... also was thinking of having a photobooth for AD, but seem so ex, i dunno if i got budget for it..

w3ngal

Wats a photobooth means?
I see those portfolio but the more I c the more I dunno which pg to choose haha...if don't hv vg then the express highlight how ah...

prisci11a

w3n, photobooth - set up at wedding dinner reception area for your guest to take photos against some setting or other. pkg include a camera man and instant printing...

pg also can do slide show ma, not necessary to have the express highlights in video format....

yeah, i also have the same problem, but i narrowed based on VG is htb fren, PG is fren's fren and the freelancer, cos i like his morning express highlights that he did for another fren... hahaha... i gave up looking at the portfolios already, everything looks really good lor..

i think u try to narrow own first by pricing den after that choose the ones that have the style you like and den meet up with all of them den see who you get along best with

w3ngal

oh, then photobooth costs how much?
actually i saw a website selling those instant cameras de. i tot i wanna ask my brother to help me go around take pics of the guests and write wishes on the pics.

oh yah hor can use pics slide show to show morning gate crashing.

yah yh looking at the portfolio makes me even more headache.

do we need to book pg and vg 1 yr in advance? i scare i am too kaisu.

strikingreality

w3n >> You don't really need to lah, but if u already know someone whom u like and wanna use, why not?

Btw, u have not booked ur BS yet right? Are u gg to use the AD photographer the BS provides? Cuz if u going to JB or the one-stop BSs, they usually provides PG as well? So it makes sense for u to finish ur BS shopping before deciding on ur PG/VG?

I've seen different rates for photobooth/instant prints etc - approx $1000 plus?

w3ngal

We considering to engage seperate pg cause heard about those comments and advices that they usually send junior photographers for our AD.

wow 1k plus. not too cheap.

phoebeanie

Hi~ Im a 28th May 2011 ! Nice to meet all of the May 2011 brides here! heehee

I must agree May is a hot month to get marry! Me & my HB actually wanted 21 May but alot of the good venues are taken up. We signed for our hotel in Feb..

i've confirmed my venue & BS which i am going for the photoshoot this Aug in Taiwan~ excited!

prisci11a

kass, yeah, cost about 1k or more lo.... they tell me is cos they provide a photograher for the night as well as printer for "instant" printing..

w3n, you can actaully check out what the AD photos look like before you confirm de, yup they do send out jr or part-time PG. some BS will try to cater as long as he is avaialable...
but no hurry la, take your time to see what you like....

phoebeanie

Hi Prisci11a, my BS is Cangai, signed with them during the Jan roadshow at Suntec. We arranged for an early photoshoot in Aug as we wanted to capture the summer view of taiwan so we opt for Kending / some flower farm for the shoot.

prisci11a

phoebe, wah!! so soon... i was planning to confirm my gowns only around july - aug..... hahaha... so you start gown selection already?

phoebeanie

keke, cos yr end we are tied up with work *yr end closing & stuffs* so we have to settle the things earlier.

No haven't choose gowns yet, I will fly to Kaoshiung outlet then pick from there.

Day 1: pick / alter gowns
Day 2: phototaking
Day 3: Photo selections

Photo editing/drafts will be view/change in SG branch, but album will be produce in Taiwan.

So Prisci11a, which BS did you shortlisted?

w3ngal

Phoebe your pics will turn out nice! haha i also hope to take in TW but i realised the flight is expensive. which airline u taking?

phoebeanie

Hi w2n, thank u keke~~ yes flight was 1 of the consideration as well, the direct flight from SG to Kaoshiung is very ex (no budget airlines goes there) so my option is to take Jetstar to Taipei & take their high speed rail to Kaoshiung. Which is a cheaper alternative for us. We managed to get Jetstar to Taipei at $345 per pax include taxes during their promo.