(2011/03) March 2011 BTB

smilem

candy = woa.. is it those typical teochew style sweet and biscuit.. tat X.. i plan to buy normal cakes oli.

Joeann = tat gd of u.. i tot of to DIY too but busy wif other details .. n my htb is everything chin chai..

joyle_t

luv@luv>> haha~ yah! Pin Jin most impt... i got my si dian jin on GDL as well, which was quite *duh* cos’ we bought all the stuff together, then just bring here, pass there..

cowcow>> yah! Soon!! ROM was one busy day.. can’t imagine actual day.. gg to have a gathering with the JMs and XDs this sat. Is “shoot arrow†time..

Candy>> faster go put Oxy dry up ur pimple!! I stress w work, no time think abt wedding actually.

I DIYed a angpao box (pink and brown), maybe lelong here after my wedding.

Candy & j0yle > U r TeoChew? I m TeoChew also, but my mum say no need buy biscuit or si dian jin lahh... Simple and easy will do... My mum only request my FH takecare of me, she say this is most important...

I did DIY also... Wrist corsage (Act i bought, don like it, so add on some ribbon), Guest Signature Pen (DIY 2, Bought 2 in TW), DIY Thank you card with keychain (Just change the card for the keychain and punch a 'Double Xi'), DIY Thank you card with photo (For helpers and close frens only), DIY Heart shape Silk petal for deco... I yet prepare AngPao Box... n Welcome board...

Anyone have idea for welcome board?

candycandy001

luv@luv (luvs_eternity) > I am not TeoChew, ha... but I think my MIL is. My AP box is DIY by my younger sis, she also did deco for my guestbook (although I haven seem it,ha^^). I have a big panel kind also design by her.
1651101.jpg

candycandy001

If she knows I posted her photo here, she will definately kill me, ha (must hide her face).

My primary PG fly my kite, super angry... He just emailed me ytd, which is less than 2 wks to my AD, and gave me stupid execuse. He has no business ethic. Luckily I managed to get someone else (although at higher cost). Hope no more changes, will heart attack >.<

rubbishcow

j0yle_t, wow... I'm only meeting the XD this sat coz there's a gathering and JM after I'm back on 8th...

luv, haha! your mum is soooo sweet!!! Previously (probably about 1 year ago), my mum also said the same thing... but when the wedding date draw nearer.. she changed her mind.. everything follow tradition... BUAHAHAHA!! The only thing now is we don't know if we need to get my MIL to buy the dragon and phoenix bangle not for the tea ceremony... actually ang bao will do...

Candy, me too... and the red marks... I'm trying not to be too stressed by it...

cow_cow > I think my mum wont change her mind now lahh... Left 2wks for me only... The only thing she change her mind is, initially she wanna giv me angbao during tea ceremony, but now she say wanna buy gold.. Hav to wait til tea ceremony then i'll know her final decision lahh.. I din wear gold, feel waste loo... But she say is like a memory...

candycandy001

luv@luv (luvs_eternity)> Older generation always like tat... My MIL also gave me a pair of gold bracelets, she said still have one more necklace will pass to me during the tea ceremony. Just take lo if they think it is affordable. Jiayou for your AD, ours are very close

plue

Candy >wao.. so fast collect gown le.. I will be collecting on Mon thou hehe.. and nice canvas background wor..
mayb can go facial 1 wk b4 the big day to clear up the skin wor..
Jiayou...

joyle_t

Luv>> yup, im teochew.. hubby’s hainanese.. I’ve some DIY stuff to share.. =) did the XDs corsage, JMs wrist corsage, AP box and DIY the bedside lamp cos I dun wanna buy the red ones and keep away later..

1654250.jpg

1654251.jpg

Candy>> the canvas backgrd makes the place v customized.. =) nice! But what do u all do with it aft the wedding? Can become.. like wallpaper, reminds me of the "bian li tie" taiwan show?

joyle_t

stickytape>> same here! feel emo when I think abt not being at home! but will try to come home to stay once a week.. solution to feeling home sick..

candycandy001

luv@luv (luvs_eternity) > Yup, my ROM flower is from them.. I m using them for my AD, 6Mar2011...

stickytape (stickytape) > Yup, 85 flowers is good... Jiayou la, starting sure difficult de. It was difficult for me when I 1st go overseas study, now ok le, still managed to go home once a week.

plue (plue) > Thanks but I m afraid a bit too late for me as last time I went facial the redness remains for few days and I dont have 'regular' facial shop, not sure which one is nice.. I think I will use the facial mask 1day b4 the AD bah...

j0yle_t (joyle_t) > Actually it is a XL blanket, ha... but I dont think my hubby 'willing' to use it as blanket after all. I customised it when there is promotion, only US$30+ include shipping,cheap cheap...

smilem

Joean= share wif us your GDL..

My GDL this sat = 5 Mar.. abit nervous and worry wat i ve missed out coz my HTB everything say chin cai..

candycandy001

smilem (smilem) > Jiayou for GDL. I think they really mean "chin cai". Refer to the pingjin, my MIL put inside a big AP package and wrapped by a red cloth. Then my mum took some $ and put inside the AP package, return the remaining with wrapped with the red cloth. When we come back, my MIL said, the red cloth is for bride, the AP package is for groom. Ha^^ then we exchange this wk. "chin cai" la...

rubbishcow

j0yle_t, nice DIY stuffs!! I just received the picture of my Ang Bao box from my friend!! So nicey!! Even my hubby asked em to thank my friend! Your AD is this Sat right?

joyle_t

JF>> need to confirm if it's a Hainanese thing or just him... haha`

cowcow>> nice of ur fren to do ur ang bao box for you! yup, AD's this Sat, but still busy with work.. my vendors call me to ask me for things cos' i totally no time to call and chase them instead! when u coming back to prep?

candycandy001

smilem (smilem) > Ya, one day aft joyle n many other btbs. Nervous... I m taking one day off to do AnChuang and go back to my parent's place (currently stay with PIL). Afraid forget to bring this n that, afraid cannot wake up on time, afraid MUA/PG late, afraid suddenly few more pimple coming out, ha^^

candycandy001

luv@luv (luvs_eternity) > I think any pen will do. Last time I did in ROM office, the pen is provided by them... I saw other btb using deco DIY pilot pen to bcon ROM pen also.

rubbishcow

j0yle_t, tomorrow is your big day!!! I'll be back on the 8th.. can't wait to leave my work.. kinda regretted transferring over and I miss my previous boss..

joyle_t

smilem>> tmr's the day... whole house so packed.. suddenly feel my house so small..

cowcow>> take more days to prep is good.. i only take 2 days before and i feel like not enuff.. got calls frm work, sian...

u can request to come back earlier?

luv>> we just used 1 normal black ball pt pen, used it cos' i bought it for him when he started work.. my florist whom i engaged for ROM does DIY pens, maybe u can ask if can rent from her.. Florist.sg

plue

jiayou wor, mine is over hehhe...
everything will be over in a flash without u knowing it hehee...
Congrats to all BTBs hehe...

j0yle_t (joyle_t) > Thank you for your info =)

I m stress now... Only have 2 off day before wedding... And i have to back office after wedding...

rubbishcow

j0yle_t, how's you AD? fun? Yep.. my boss approved of me to return on 8th... thinking of leaving my job actually after discussion with hubby.. so prolly will do it after bonus ba...

plue, congrats!! how was the day??

candycandy001

Hi, my AD &amp; sg banquet is over. So happy n more relax now... must specially thanks for the banquet mgr and the photographer. They are so professional n helpful. Everything is smooth and guests also quite puncture. Thanks for everything...

plue

yup, yup happy that everything is finally over &amp; now looking forward to get the photos from the PG hahaa...

Be prepared that the whole day will be quite tiring, try to get as much rest as possible...

joyle_t

Candy>> it's really true that now super MORE relax.. haha~ finally not bogged down by preps..

my guests also arrive quite early, so time was on our side to plan and adjust..

cowcow>> work plus wedding preps super stressed, i also feel like leaving.. haha~ so u alrdy plan to be stay-at-home-mum so soon! get use to the taitai life!

smilem

hi Candy.. sound like your banquet mgr reali helpful.. they play a impt role to ensure the flow is smooth..

Nervous when u do the march-in?

smilem

this wkend is my AC.. jz ordered the bed from a helpful and friendly furniture shop. ANyone nit info of this shop, i m pleased to intro..

the shop owner v. friendly n helpful and said if i intro friends over, he give my frinds discount.

So the bed n new mattress will delivered on friday. i prepared the stuff to put on it and standby the couple (my HTB unker &amp; aunties) to help to lay the bed and get my cousin son &amp; daughter to roll bed..my mum said like this can get twins..hahhaha.. funi n navie tikg.. anyway so long she is happy = i happy

4 more days to go, but i still wor in office till 12am...

How to reduce dark circle and eye beg in short time?

Anyone did signage in ur wedding...

I m still searching my recessional song, anyone can recommend me?

candycandy001

smilem> Yup, nervous but after 1st march in everything is ok liao. No matter how, just smile. Ha^^

luvluv> I dont prepare recessional song, maybe you can try fly me to the moon (which is my 2nd march in song), more relax n fun style.

I still have one more banquet this coming sat. Yeah!