(2011/03) March 2011 BTB

stickytape

@smilem You've got mail!

Btw you really should start talking to everyone about the wedding liao! Must really start inviting, else if some people tell u they can't make it, you need time to do a second round of invitation!

toot80

smilem > when's ur AD?
happy.gif

hi fellow BTBs/GTBs, do lookout for road closure if your AD dinner falls on 4-6 march due to ocbc cycling...
sad.gif

plue

Hi JF, thanks for the info.

Yup, the shower stuff(grohe & hansgrohe) is cheaper at Balestier & also a wide range too...

toot80

stickytape > yes we should! :D

think we better remind our guests who will be driving in due time to check the road closure again.

smilem

JF = my AD = 25 March 2011

my dad's side relatives has confirmed the number of ppl attending (during CNY to cfm).

my mum's side still pending for the 2 seniors'attendance..

well 1st week march will distribute the wedding card.

Nowadays, many ppl dun wan the cards, they prefer sms them..

faylene

Hi all, am selling my post-wedding Guo Da Li items @ $100 (NEG).

Unused/Brand new, these were bought for significance only.

Traditional basin, spitton, a pair of dragon & phoenix chopsticks, Double Happiness lamps, Double Happiness 6pc porcelain couple bowls and couple cups.

I can meet at central or Kovan area. SMS me for fast deal! thanks!

1640063.jpg

1640064.jpg

candycandy001

Hello Mar btb, long time nv come here. How r u?
My AD is the 1st weekend of Mar, start ganjiong liao. Ha^^ This coming Sunday will go hotel to do finalisation (although I dont really know what I suppose to do, ha^^).Any update from you?

Hihi All... How is ur preparation?

Mine 2nd weekend of March... Start invite frens n coleagues...

I m ganjiong but look forward... Haha^^

Anyone of you DIY?

zzlp

Hi anyone know where to get cheap bed sets?
My AC is 1st mar but I've not started sourcing for a bed!

The cheaper the better cos we're getting the bed for the purpose of AC.

Thks!

cupcakescream

Thanks Fay
happy.gif

Hi luv,

I designed the dress myself, did the beading, did my own veil, custom made my shoes coz ballroom dance shoes are alot more comfy to wear than dress heels and I'm able to last all day in them. Did the dessert table cupcakes, designed the wedding favours for the guests (hubby put it together for me as I was busy with my granny's funeral - she passed away a week before our ROM), mum helped with the jewerly design and making for the thank you gifts bridal party, got friends to do the photography and the smilebooth, bro in law to do the video, entertainment and music was also done by my youth group music ministry, our pre-wedding photo album was also just photos put together on one of the hotel wedding guestbooks and pre-wedding video was done by my friends who are study film-making. My MUA was very late and I almost DIY-ed my own hair and make-up! There's other stuff that I DIYed... You can see photos/videos of the things I did from the link. That's the Singapore ROM ceremony. I'll probably DIY even more for the melbourne one since I have a better network here.
happy.gif

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=315737&id=709840750&l=0b8966fbb5

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oc0YZPtt1A

smilem

ZZLp = if u not looking for quality.. u can go JB the holiday plaza, the PArkson is having sales.. at least 5 type of bedsheet u can select n cheaper than SG.

candycandy001

zzlp (zzlp) > For bedsheet I intend to get from Tesco (JB). My parent bought King size bedsheet + big blanket only RM 138 (<S$60) 2wks ago. However they are cuties style / lover bear / flowers that kind, not really "xi" / wedding couple. My new bed is Queen size, guess should be cheaper.

rubbishcow

zzlp, you better be fast! I get the bedframe from this furniture shop at tradehub21... you can try there.. As for bedsheets, I got mine from Aussino..

Woah! It had been sucha long time since I last came in.. by the way.. hows all your preparation? My GDL is nxt nxt Sat!!! Going back SG these 2 weekends to prepare for the wedding.. So nice to be able to go home.. can't wait for weekends to come..

smilem

cow = woa.. tat fast.. update us on your GDL wif us
happy.gif

i also ve not get my bed frame.. my GDL = 1st wk march and AC = 2nd wk of march.. yet ve not buy anything yet.

Cupscake&amp;Cream > Thanks for sharing, u r so great :)

Hi all, anyone of u did guest signature book? Can share with me where to buy the paper? Thank you?

cupcakescream

Luv, you can get it from PRINTS. They have a stall in citylink, Ion and Raffles Place.

Or if you want to make your own book, you can ge the paper from Bras Brasah
happy.gif

smilem

last nite went to AMK central to buy GDL sutff.. manage to get:
1) Bath Tub = $7.90
2) Basin = $3.50
3) Red Tray = $2.50
4) Red Mug = $2.50
5) Tea Set = $16.80
6) Needle + thread set (include measuring tape)= $1.50
8) 2 bowl + 2 spoon = $9.90
9) Red Scissor = $1.90
Total = $46.50
** Duno is it consider cheaper than buying in package **
Still balance to buy beans + seeds

cupcakescream

Hi Luv,

Prints sell albums and inserts. Their paper are acid free, I had a photobooth and instant print for my ROM so my guests stuck their photos on the paper and wrote their well wishes beside their photos. So its like a photo guestbook.

You can see the photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=709840750&amp;aid=322962

Bras Basah sells A5, A4, A3 size paper or you can try popular book store too... I'm sure some of the stalls will sell rolls of paper too.

Good luck in your hunt! xoxo
happy.gif

candycandy001

smilem (smilem) > Yup, a bit busy recently... Next Sunday will be my GDL le. I only get the lamp and teaset from the AMK central, the rest I didnt buy (and not going to buy). We just decided the bed last wk, need 2 wks to deliver, AC will be on 4Mar, which is 2 days b4 my AD. Ha^^ will get my bedsheet &amp; blanket ready by 27Feb. Going NATAS fair also, hope can get good deal.

3Mar going to trim my eyebrow (my MUA asked me to do it few days earlier so AD will look more natural). 4Mar after AC mayb find a small shop to colour my nail, ai ya, still need to collect the AD gowns... I haven confirmed my tables and menu for JB banquet, aihz

smilem

where did u order your bed from? my on 2nd wk of march..i still ve not get bedframe n bed..

Tat gd.. jz nice.. ur hubby dun nit to slp on floor.. mine is 2 weeks before AD.my HTB ve to slp on sofa :p

zzlp

hi all, i bought my bed from Novena.
Went sungei kadut last sat to shop ard for the cheapest bed (our new flat will only be ready in 2013, thus staying at my place for the time being, so dun see the need to buy a good quality bedframe or mattress)
found the cheapest &amp; nicest bed at Novena.
$399 for bedframe + mattress (excluding delivery charge of $55)
its not those "or biang" metal bedframe, its those "leather" headboard kind. looks kinda nice, quite worth the price. but dun expect a high quality mattress, think the brand is Bonnel Spring.

my AC is 1st mar &amp; i arranged for delivery on 28th feb.
my AD is on 5th mar thus will only slp on the floor for a few days.

rubbishcow

zzlp, my apt will be ready in around 2013 as well!! hehe... But we decided to get a good bed but a lousy bedframe... Bed can be invested on for a good sleep.. bedframe can always get a better one... hehehe...

Here's my schedule update:

GDL: 26th Feb
AC: 8th Mar (hopefully the plane land on time and I need to rush home to do it)
AD: 13 Mar

It's getting so exciting!!

candycandy001

smilem (smilem) > My parent-in-law go IMM, they took photo let us choose, ha^^ They said like very good, US brand, 15yrs warranty blahblahblah... We are going to move to the other room, so my hubby doesnt need to sleep on floor.

If quality not an issue, you may try this http://www.beds.sg/ free delivery for purchase of more than $100

zzlp (zzlp), cowcow> Jiayou!

plue

yup yup getting more &amp; more exciting.. haha having GDL on this coming Sunday... less than 15 days to count down to the big day... getting abit stressed le... but Ai Zai.. jiayou to all March BTBs..

rubbishcow

Candy, Thanks!!

plue, it's definately getting more exciting!! my boss just approved my leave to return SG earlier for my an chuang!! So happy!! can return earlier!! Planning for my yoga session during the few days before the wedding..
happy.gif

smilem

hi plue.. update us on ur GDL wif pic..

Txs.. Candy.. will go bk show my htb view the website..

Times flies... so much mid Feb.. i start to get worry coz my GDL, hair combing stuff, AC (or even bed) not ready.. 26 Feb go for food tasting @ OCC and shall time the march-in ..

plue

hahaa my GDL is quite simple, my parents brought me to buy the stuff and I ala-carte the stuff I wanted so may not be the fully traditional type.. I also didn buy a package and bought separate items from each place so mine was abit exp thou.. Bought at those chinatown market areas..

joyle_t

hi ladies, have been really busy this CNY cos' had my GDL and ROM on 11 Feb..

My GDL mostly all the perishables, so very simple.. =)

All the best to your upcoming events!

Hi All,

Seem like every1 here have GDL, i don hav... My mum say no need...

How is every BTB now? I m kan cheong n look forward, but my temper not that good, stress...

Bought my wedding bedsheet set today... Love it very much~!

Any BTB having ceremony at Church? Can share?

joyle_t

luv>> im stressed too and the wedding's 2 wks away! but trying to look on the bright side.. just hope that work doesn't overload!

GDL not really a need if ur parents are okay..

not having church ceremony, but u need any help on ideas or planning?

j0yle_t (joyle_t) > Yaya, i m trying to relax now... Start packing coz will move to new house this week...

Hm, my mum say all no need, need 'Pin Jin' only... haha...

My churchmate will help me in deco, so i m not bother much le... Pass to God, n let He lead us :)

rubbishcow

j0yle_t, JIA YOU!! coming to an end soon!! hehe... can't wait to cut hair... I'm very stress now coz my sis keep reminding me of the AD stuffs...

rubbishcow

luv, hehe... 2 lo... one on tge left the other on the right... and since they are married.. they keep reminding on alot alot of different process.. very stress...

jllim

Hi Gals...

cowcow: oh.. i didnt knew your AD same as me 13 March!!! Hi^5

Im also preparing my GDL stuffs - almost ready cos it 28th Feb...

And my AD schedule not out yet and many many things not ready ... waist corsages.. preparation etcss..

Haha!! hope your gals ready for everything... Jia You!!!

candycandy001

luv@luv (luvs_eternity) > My parent also said dont need GDL but my MIL said need. We also very simple, just some orange, sweets and biscuit/cake.. I didnt prepare any, my parent also didnt. We just kind of return half of the items (e.g. 2 boxes then we return 1box), less than 20min, ha...

joyle> My AD is 1 day after urs. A bit stress also, pimple breakout le.

smilem

Candy.. your GDL is simple.. i ve went around to purchase stuff.. reali after comparing the package and i bought items in seperate. the price is about S$100 diff (for both bride &amp; groom side)..

candycandy001

smilem (smilem) > Ha... I only have few boxes of sweets, biscuit/cake, candle already S$112. My mil gives us the receipt in case the custom ppl wan to check.