(2011/03) March 2011 BTB

stickytape

@joyle i'm also not getting house... but i feel darn broke already!!!

deposits are only 50%..still got another bout of 50% to pay when the day comes nearer!

But yeah.. glad to settle many stuffs lar.

Hi j0yle_t (joyle_t), thx for the advice. That was exactly like my thoughts. My HTB and I only want a generally good day which preferably falls on a wkend. So we are not thinking of engaging a fengshui master.
happy.gif

giraffe~

hey stickytape! sorry i MIA for v long. my photographer from one eye click for AD will be gabriel + 1 associate. for pre-wed, it will be terry. wow so i probably have seen your ROM shots then, cos i scrolled thru most of one eye click's gallery =) hee. i wonder which one is yours. lol!
i like one eye click, like their pre-wed concepts and i like their friendly and approachable nature. they will be at BOWS this weekend, if anyone interested in checking them out

as for the other topics u all have been discussing:
choosing dates --> my FH and i just chose end of march due to parent's work schedules and preferences. also cos we KIV want to go to japan for honeymoon and catch the sakura season.

bridesmaids dresses --> don't know whether to ask them to buy their own and just pay for it, (but i dunno what budget to set for them) o to get them tailormade. any recommendations for girls dresses seamstresses?

hey where are u girls planning to go for honeymoon? so far i have considered greece, japan... any recommendations?? =)

joyle_t

pinkglove>> buy bit by bit first? haha~ furniture another headache cos' need to go source for stuff u like and affordable.

pinkglove/stickytape>> yeah.. i'm not getting a house yet cos' MIL/FIL wants the family to stay under one roof. will probably get one for investment in future.

stickytape>> 50% deposit for everything? so far I have only paid quite mininal as compared to the final full sum..

giraffe>> i'll most likely subsidise my bridesmaids. thru the forum, so places like love potion at far east, http://makeupanddress.blogspot.com/ , and occasion (a shop at raffles city).

really wish to go greece for honeymoon... if enuff cash left over...

stickytape

@giraffe no prob! Yeah i <3 OEC's very fun concepts and they shoot very well too! I don't think my ROM is featured on his site though.. haha =P

I went to japan after my ROM for a mini honeymoon in November last year... i enjoyed myself TOTALLY! I miss japannnn

Haven't thought about our nxt honeymoon.. haha!

@Joyle hmm... my PG deposit is 50%, still got VG which also will be 50%.. Venue is 4k.. BS don't have to pay anything until I go choose gowns in June.. that will be about 2k... wah i think about all this i feel so broke again! =( =( =(

Heng this CNY i don't have to give angpao yet.. hehehe!

joyle_t

stickytape>> wah! planning for 2nd honeymoon! its gd to have ROM and AD separate , got excuse to celebrate twice, what's more honeymoon twice!

haven't got time to meet the VG/PG guys, so not too sure how much i need to pay. but i guess paying early is good? if not all on AD or after to settle like so much at one go.

giraffe~

j0yle_t --> yeah greece is so cool right? i love the beach and the sea... and greece is full of lovely islands! plus it's got great architecture and beautiful sunsets and interesting history! =)

hmm. just watched the DVD of the sandra bullock show "the proposal" over the weekend. now i feel like going to alaska! lol.

2009_gal

Hi all BTB @ March 2011. Do you guys have a checklist for what need to be done or prepare for our big day? I am lost and duno what need to be done....

stickytape

@michelle went to BOWs, but didn't sign for video. Only saw Edmund Leong and Rhma media providing video there. Personally felt rhma wayyyyy overpriced.. and I didn't really like the cartoonish style..

@gal hie hie... checklist ah.. i don't really have one.. think the most important things are (1) choose your date (2) book venue, bridal studio (or if u go ala carte.. then must book more stuff..), PG, VG, buy wedding bands... etc?

Also check with your parents on the customs you have to follow bah...

2009_gal

Stickytape, thanks for the information, will look into it soon. Btw, how's your preparation so far?
j0yle, bridal mag have checklist? Bside Her World Brides, what other bridal mag? Not so familiar in ths...hehe. Appreciate your kind assistance.

juz_gal

**gal**, u can find checklist online.. try searching for them on the search engines..

Hi all, i'm oso interested to look at marina mandarin.. care to share how's the pymt method like? eg. wat is the deposit required? remaining to b paid at the end of dinner or wat? coz i heard some venue require add'l 50% to be paid b4 dinner..

toot80

gal> deposit for marina mandarin is 4k. remaining amt to be paid b4 u check out of hotel after AD. 1st deposit cash/chq/credit card acceptable. but final payment they mostly do not accept chq as fear of bounce chq.

grand hyatt deposit is 5k, followed by 50% of remaining amount to be paid 1 mth b4 ur AD n finally the remaining amount b4 u check out after AD.

juz_gal

Thanks JF.. I hope I won't b too late to book a date at marina mandarin.. Coz I've yet to go fortune teller to choose a date.. But had preferred to b a mar 2011 bride... Oli managed to book my BS...

joyle_t

it's 1mth to march 2011 weddings.. any updates on what u btbs have done?

jus wundering if it's still possible to get your preferred venue in less than 1 yr.

toot80

actually im a gtb... juz book my ad pg/vg. most preparations done except getting the JP.. wedding live band still considering... how abt u gals?

joyle_t

another active GTB.. so we have 4 of us with the same AD in march... hope the weather nex yr will be gd for 05/03/2011~!

i confirm my pg/vg but have not signed. JP, will probably look at it end of this yr. i'm most probably taking wedding live band as well. almost done with everything actually.

just need to take out my braces in abt Aug. still thinking of my EG design as well. JF which BS u and ur wifey with? u planning to get MTM suits and shirt?

toot80

joyle > yea... good weather hopefully.
happy.gif

my WTB always very bz at work so since im very free most of the time i come in n kpo abit. :p

my BS from whitelink, gowns n suits from their exclusive range. dun think will be getting additional mtm suits unless cant find anything nice from BS.

u so fast done ur WG alrdy?

stickytape

for me it's still the same.. left with VG to book..

don't intend to engage any entertainment for my banquet.. cos most of the tables belong to my dad (>50% of them) so we don't see the point... haaa. also not sure if they'll even appreciate if we get bands and singers.

on the other hand... my HTB is putting on his braces nxt mth!! haaa. so last minute right? we'll probably either take out the braces for PS or go for the "invisible" kind..

Wonder if the "invisible" kind will also be v obvious on pictures anot..

mckx

I hope that the weather will be great.

ROM was in 12 March 2008 and it was raining almost the whole day.

AD will be on 18 March 2011. Hope that it wont rain then. But seeing the weather these few days really worry me.

I've signed up a package with rhama. Now kinda regret because we have not decide whether to take their animation for montage only or their full package with their videography.
Furthermore, it pissed me off when they keep calling me to confirm and I've told her we have not decide. Once decided, we will call her. But she kept calling.
I don't know if she is desperate to get customer or what.

joyle_t

JF>> BS will only start to make my WG once i confirm my EG design. WG design done in Jan.

stickytape>> so last min!? i did a PS for my company last dec, was forced not to smile but still ok cos' the image was to strike a firm look. dentist told me that can take away the wire so that it's easier to photoshop, or bo bian, will take out the brackets for the top row so that can't be seen when smiling. dentist asked when i getting married b4 he put on the braces.

michelle>> same person who intro u to the packages? kind of weird to pester ppl for PG.

mckx

Joyle> I dunno why that lady keep calling me. What's worse was that she called me again not remembering that she called me earlier on. Very forgetful. I'm not sure whether to trust them on my montage anot.

joyle_t

michelle>> maybe she's the sort that dun organise her numbers.. suppose to call 20 ppl, end up calling the same 5?

chrissybonbon

Hi gals and guys,

some updates on my end.

I have finally settle my bridal studio. We signed on with Sophia Wedding. Spent 5hours in their shop negotiating on the package.

Haha..

Next step will be to source for the church venue for the church wedding.
happy.gif

joyle_t

congrats monkey_bride. =) settled ur BS as well?

Christine>> that's long! i think i spend a total of 5hrs for my 1st/2nd/3rd appointment. the 1st took 5mins and im bought over. ha~

ahgargar

Hello everyone!

im also a BTB on 05.03.2011!!!!
i have booked my BS/hotel venue
im still considering my VG &amp; PG for AD!
may i know which VG/PG u all have booked?
thxs ladies/gentleman

joyle_t

hi ahgargar, haven't seen u in awhile.
saw coffee &amp; tea works during one of my friend's wedding. personally don't really like the way they do the videography, but probably it's the style from that particular VG and friend's preference.

mckx

So nice to have ur AD on Saturday!

We went to calculate the date and none of the dates given was on a Saturday or Sunday. Either Monday, Wednesday or Friday. So we can only choose Friday for our AD.

I would like to find videographer, any nice and friendly ones to introduce?

ahgargar

hi all ladies
joyle: &amp; JF : haven logged in for awhile! so surprised to see all 5 couples haveing AD on 05.03.2011! great! cheers!!! :)

ya i do not like the style of their VG too. i mean coffee and tea. how abt their PG ? any comments?

and is anyone considering using animation?

ahgargar

oh ya btw

joyle: u are already done w ur WG? i read the earlier posts... u are the most efficient &amp; diligent BTB... haaa.. :)

u are considering unique colours for PG/VG? are they gd?

Miss michelle chua: i am going to meet sean seah this evening.. VG.. i shall update you again den :_) u heard of him...?

JF: btw u booked ur PG/VG.. who u booked? also efficient!!!haha

mckx

ahgargar: never heard of sean seah. I haven really source for VG yet. I signed up with rh*ma media for the animation. They have VG as well. But after the unhappiness with their service, I decided just to let them do my animation instead of taking up their VG together.

joyle_t

ahgargar>> design for my WG is already done, but BS not gg to start doing till my EG is designed as well! not diligent lah, need to clear my wedding stuff so that i can concentrate on my work. getting busy after the FY.

choosing unique colours, haven't met up with them yet, but most prob getting them. not too sure whether they have enough hands for 2 weddings on the same day thou!

u getting VG and PG from different places?

michelle>> my saturday is by choice, not from fengshui master. cos' for me my dad's criteria is AD on a saturday. but just happen that it is a auspicious day for many BTB and GTBs here! =)

toot80

ahgargar> i took clip productions. not sure u heard of them b4... 2 man team..
for me is since i got the time now might as well settle everything asap... so later stage wont stress... haha

ahgargar

joyle: Wah u are fast! how do u determine ur design of ur WG then? based on bridal magazines??

michelle: updates on my meeting w VG yesterday... i think he is not too bad! I like his style.. depends on what style u are gg for( comical, classy or etc) what is your email address? i can send you the packages and details :)

JF: so whats the next step after confirming our PG &amp;VG?

joyle_t

ahgargar>> i tried out some gowns at the BS, then showed him some designs frm mag. what i like and what i dun.. wasn't really what i expected cos' aft trying, some other designs actually looked better than the ones i like... u gg to get ur gowns done soon? which BS u with?

toot80

ahgargar> next stage is waiting for time.. waiting to try the gowns, suits etc, waiting for GSS to buy wedding bands, waiting to book solemniser etc etc etc. which pg/vg u took btw?

when r u ladies going to try out your gowns? i guess im the oni 1 who took whitelink here.. no1 else to go try suits/gowns together.. =/

joyle_t

JF>> u getting OTR or MTM gowns and suits? will need to go get MTM shirts / 1 more set of suit for my htb. probably gg down to the ones at peninsular plaza.

anyone interested?

pinkglove

j0yle: my fiance getting a MTM shirt n we're also thinking of gg down to penisula but have not decided if we wanna make e shirt with our BS though.. does ur BS do MTM shirt?

toot80

joyle> our package is OTR (exclusive range) for 2 sets of groom suits and bride's WG &amp; EG. not sure if we need MTM from other places yet. may i know y u need to make MTM shirts &amp; 1 more suit for ur htb? ur BS package nvr provide? or u plan to have extra march in?

ahgargar

joyle: Im with Thomson Wedding @ Tanjong Pagar. i haven decided when to for gowns fittings??? cause the staffs there kp telling me if i can go later in the year. then there might be more new designs? isit too early to go for gown fittings? i seriously dont know! :)

any thomson wedding BTBs on same day haha?

ahgargar

Stickytape:

u are the one who booked Micheal from expressively joho!!!! i wanted to book him too,.. but haha a step later than you.. i think he is good!

hmm what style of videos u prefer? those classy ones? or comical? ... and budgets.. let me know.. :) btw is sean in ur consideration list also?

Btw which hotel are u holding ur banquet?