(2011/03) March 2011 BTB

joyle_t

Hi Ladies, quite a few of us with ROM/AD in March 2011, so i guess it is time to set up a new thread!

stickytape

here! =)

Hey j0yle.. are u the same as Joyce Tann (j0yle_tann)? I realised 2 of you have really similar nicks..

joyle_t

yesh... it's the same.. i can't remember the other password, but it's on my bro's com. jus happened to use his com the other day to msg u on the other thread~

how's ur planning coming along? and how come u change from jan to mar? i very kpo ar... =X

stickytape

oh i see. haha.

no particular reason lah.. because it was so difficult to get a venue on 1 Jan, that fit our guest numbers and we wanted to do our banquet in hotels rather than restaurants.. so we decided to change to a later date so that more hotels are available lor. =)

joyle_t

Anyone going for BOWS 2010?
so many bridal shows now.. wonder if i really got the best price for my banquet.. =\

giraffe~

hello there! my AD is in March 2011 too =)

sigh.. only 1 yr away! how to lose weight in time!! actually my BF proposed 1 yr ago... in Mar 2009, then we decided to have AD on Mar 2011... but it's already almost Mar 2010 and i'm still fat! =( haven't lost ANY weight at all! sob!

ahgargar

Dear Joyle!
im holding @ fourseasons.
and my BS is Thomson Wedding Collection:)
how abtur BS?? Hotel?
I haven really do any planning on my WG and EG yet!
now shortlisting my VG and PG for my actual day...
:)
Btw i have recd ur emails! Thksss

ahgargar

Dear Giraffe,

i would also want to lose weight.. im still fat too!
my rom last year 090909! im still fat :-( should have some time... how abt we start to diet after CNY!!!!

joyle_t

hi giraffe, congrats to u~

ahgargar, im holding my wedding at novotel. BS's Blush blush, done my WG, have not meet up to do my EG cos' still early. still got my braces on thou! hope my emails did not flood ur mailbox.

lose wt is one thing, also need to take care of ur health! if not dun look radiant on wedding day!

dunnoe how to lose wt... exercise or not also same wt.. haha~

stickytape

yeah lor. i also need to lose weight for PS end of this year. Doesn't help that CNY is coming. Need more motivationnnnn!!!

chrissybonbon

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and everything is really new to me. haha..

My AD is on the 5th Mar - Church wedding and dinner banquet is on the following day, 6 Mar. It will be at GCW.
happy.gif

Right now, I'm searching for BS and actual day photographer. Do you have any to recommend?

joyle_t

hi christine, me & stickytape & u are having our special day on 5th Mar!

u taking GCW grand ballroom? nice.. i like GCW too, but min 40 is too much for me.

BS? u looking for OTR or MTM? ala carte or bao ga liao BS? probably can hop by some bridal shop to get a feel. to me, most impt is communication btw u and the designer etc.

AD photographer, still looking ard. quite easy to get the package details actually, just browse thru' and email them thru the website.

chrissybonbon

Hi Joy,

Wow all on 5 March. hehe..

Ya im taking the grand ballroom as we'll be hosting around 55 tables. Quite a lot to digest ya. haha..

I went to the aisle which is a bao ga liao BS but find that their gowns are not flattering for me. Also went to silhoutte but their package is super minimal and expensive. but i really love the gown. kinda in a dilemna now.

where are you and stickytape venue?

stickytape

hi hi christine!

lol. since our AD on same day, i can't possibly recommend you my PG! Since I've already booked him le. haha! But anyways, my PG is Micheal from expressivelyjoho. =) What's ur budget for PG?

My venue is Marina Mandarin. I went to the GCW workshop and the staff told me they were booked on 5 March le. So you're the one who booked it! =)

my BS is Di Gio.. I booked w them last year, b4 I had my ROM.

Now still thinking about whether we wannt have videographer.. and dunno get from where..

That's like the last critical "vendor" i need to source for le..

Anyways, happy tiger year BTBs!
happy.gif

chrissybonbon

Hi hi,

I'm not sure how much I should be paying for AD PG. Can you give me a gauge that I should be looking at?

For BS, I've shortlisted a couple and now finding time to go to the shops and have a look.

Graceful image, My bridal room, Di Gio, Ted Wu, Amanda Lee, Thomson wedding and Silhoutte.

I'm quite particular on the gown.... a bit kiasu right? haha...

I don't think I'll be having a VG though.

There are so many things to do!!! I still need to look for a nice church and caterer...

Faintz...

We also went to Marina Mandarin and have a look. I think Sen was our account manager but decided not to go ahead because of the price. My AD is on the 6th Mar so it's not me. 5th Mar is the church wedding.

So technically I have 2 ADs?

giraffe~

hi christine!
i'm like u! my church wedding will be on 26 mar and dinner on 27 mar! so i also have 2 AD =) more relaxing n less tiring! and "prolong" the excitement too =)

i also spent a long time deciding on BS, went to about 8 - 10? i have been to la belle, di gio, thomson wedding, bliss, my bridal room, the aisle, bridal de couture, ricoamona and the wedding present! finally settled for the wedding present! cos i felt most like a bride when i tried on TWP gowns. think u shld try on the gowns when u go choosing your BS... it might help u make up your mind! i think sil gowns are really lovely, but i know the price is way too expensive for me... so i didn't dare to go down to have a look.

GCW is nice! mine will be at marriott. i'm also looking for a church venue & caterer. heh. we can share info.

hi stickytape,
i really loved the marina mandarin ballroom! cos of the beautiful chandeliers. my dream to have a wedding in a ballroom with pretty chandeliers! and the reception area is so large and spacious! have fun!

stickytape

hi giraffe! =)

So which BS did you choose in the end?

Actually I like marriott too! They also have a big recept area.. and i like the contemporary feel. Seems more modern! But they were kinda out of my budget. I'm sure you'll have a great dinner there!

elmo28

Hi all BTB (Mar 2011)...

just wondering, anybody took up Thomson Wedding?? any feedback???

how's the services and everything????

thanks alot....

giraffe~

hi stickytape, i took up the wedding present as my BS! my photography for prewed and AD is one eye click.

really? i think marriott's recep area is smaller and not as nice as marina mandarin. but i like my coordinator and my FH felt the package was quite worth it cos got 4 free tables. actually my ideal ideal place is mandarin oriental! but i think i can eat grass for the rest of my life if i take it. haha. super ex!!

joyle_t

hi btbs! very fast moving posts this week.. me busy with work, so just got to see all ur comments.

stickytape> marina mandarin is also min 40 tables yar? all of u inviting many guests.. di gio gowns are nice! very attracted to their adv in the mags.

Christine> i also kind of have 2 AD, but 2 weeks apart cos' i want 11.02 as my ROM date. i'll be separating my guests to ROM and AD cos' got many malay colleagues and superiors who may not even go for chinese banquets. U got the $58 rebate for GCW? then it's really worth it. oh yah, i see GCW promoting some 'chapel', can it be venue for church wedding too?

giraffe> TWP's got very nice gowns, sexy too. was one of my choices.

i selected Blush blush in the end.. cos' Pin the designer won over me and my girlfriends. he does everything, gown, make-up and hairdo. one person bao ga liao.

prisci11a

Hi Joyle_t,

Saw that you booked novotel, I'm also considering them and want to check out what they having for BOWS next week... but no reply for them yet..
sad.gif

Are the weddingco-ord friendly? from the novotel thread, thaey seem in-flexible... :p

stickytape

@giraffe YES!! MO is soo soo exp. but the reviews were soo goood! Yeah.. MM is min 40, but we managed to negotiate till 38 + 2 reserved. Marriott on the other hand didn't agree to give us the free tables if we confirmed less than 40... so we didn't go w them. Otherwise it wud have been marriott le!

One Eye Click is great! They did my ROM! So qiao. haha! My PG was terry. who is urs?

stickytape

@joyle as in my prev post, i confirmed 38 + 2 tables. Actually majority of the guests are my dad's friends. boh pian! =S

Are you girls going BOWS? I'm going, even though i've book most of my stuffs. just go there and look see look see if got any VG and for freebies. hehe!

joyle_t

stickytape>> but the angbaos going to you right?

haha~ my FIL say to invite those he did not invite for his eldest son wedding, so got half half. Bro-in-law's wedding was 30 tables at trader's, so now ours also 30. I wld like to have 40 cos' I was thinking of GCW.

my greatest problem was dad's criteria to hold on sat evening. =( all so exp.

me RSVPed for BOWS! but only free to go on Saturday aft my friend's ROM.

Stickytape>> where did u hold ur ROM? Im still looking for venues. U taking one eye click for ur AD PG also?

I'm looking at Unique Colours for ROM PG, AD PG and VG and instant photos. U all wanna have a look? probably can get cheaper deal.

stickytape

no leh... for us each of us will only keep our invitees APs.. so i think my father will keep those from his side bah. I'm ok lah, else very xiong for him also.

I did mine in Halia, Botanic Gardens. It was sooooo lovely, the food, the place, everything! The coordinator needs *alot* of pushing though. She replies emails v slowly.. so i have to call her all the time to remind her my instructions. Maybe she's busy lar. But everything went well on the actual day so I didn't complain lar.

But totally no regrets.. i loved the place!

joyle_t

no worries abt APs, parents always say they take cos' they can tell relatives "my son-in-law give me how many tables", then back at home they save up for u.

Halia is nice, very tempting cos' alot of comments on SgBrides. Can share how much it cost? Prices now are crazy, but I couldn't possibly have gotten ROM earlier. =X

march btbs>> any updates on ur prep?

and yah, where r u all getting suits for ur dad / bro & dresses for mum / sis?

and... my htb getting another MTM, probably from this tailor, recommended by a friend. Anyone interested?
Silver Strip Tailor
5 Coleman Street, #b1-33 Excelsior Shopping Centre - 6336 1349

stickytape

I paid $55 per pax for high tea buffet, but no extra charge for the venue. That's all u pay for. You can email them for a non-obligatory quote, I'm not sure if prices are still the same cause my ROM was Oct 09.

My BS provides suits for both of our parents.. so no need to tailor. My hubby does his shirts from Personality, at Peninsula Shopping Centre. So far quite happy.

Dresses for mom and sis.... that one I haven't worry about it yet!

pinkglove

hi joyle & stickytape, how much roughly do the mtm shirts cost from these tailors? I've heard some gd reviews from Personality .. Am also looking for a place for my fiance to make his shirts...

toot80

hi gals... my AD is on 5th march as well... :D
out of curiosity, did any of u hire any fengshui master to calculate auspicious dates? care to share who?
mine is master long.

stickytape

@JF I did, mine also master long! =D

@pinkglove My hubby's shirt is around $80. Price varies based on the fabric you choose. You can tell him your budget and then he will give you the fabrics to choose also i think.

stickytape

hmmm... depend on how busy he is.. haha! Maybe you can call him and check? Think a few weeks.. can't really remember already!

joyle_t

pinkglove>> not too sure how the shirts will cost actually(only checked suits cost). i remember one of my friend did his shirt somewhere at millenium walk and they even recommend fabric from the designer labels, cost about $90. as compared to branded, i think definitely more worth it.

my htb confirmed his suit design already, but we getting another one from sliver strip for evening wear.

will check out personality too! thanks ladies!

JF & stickytape>> u both got the same date thru' fengshui master? wondering if the date is a good one. cos' I anyhow hantam and pick the date as my mum says no to banquet to the date i want (CNY period).

pinkglove

thanks joyle! I do hope that my fiance can decide on his suit after my EG designs are out =)
Btw, I tink it must be a good date cos I've a friend who's also getting married on 5 march thru fengshui master also..hehe..

toot80

stickytape > icic... hope wat im going to say next wont affect u too much.. just my personal opinion.
happy.gif

joyle_t > coincidentally, the same fengshui master gave me and stickytape the same date. i got another friend using master long quite skeptical of him using the 'day animal' to choose our auspicious dates. but luckily the 通书 indicate her wedding date to be an auspicious one.

pinkglove > i hope your friend's fengshui master is not master long... cos if it is, then i feel something must be wrong with his calculations on our 八字 and the 通书 for 2011 isn't out yet.. too much of a coincidence for him to give us the same wedding dates.

stickytape

@JF no lar no worries. Actually all these is up to individual one bah. Since I engaged Master Long liao, then must trust him lor. Else i can engage 1000 masters and maybe end up with alot of dates.. no end one. =) So just choose one and believe in him lor!

I feel so broke after paying all the deposits for the venue.. PG.. =(((

toot80

stickytape > yea... 4k deposit ouch..... will be even worse when making full payment... n the renovation for the flat etc... bank account dry up instantly... lol

pinkglove

stickytape: agree.. If not really no end..I also feel broke but tink from another point of view is tat it's better to pay some deposits along e way so that we don't feel too broke to pay all at one go! hehe

strikingreality

Jasmine, the only way u can tell now if a date is goood is to use Ba zi to calculate. Ba zi calculation will give u a date suitable for u, even if tong shu says is a bad date.

Ba zi calculation will need to engage the fengshui masters.

joyle_t

Hi jasmine>> stickytape and JF went to the same fengshui master, while pinkglove's friend to another. for me, i just anyhow hantam myself. 5th march is chinese "er4 yue4 chu1 yi1".

just to share, I chose the date cos' it's the first weekend after the CNY period, and I have a friend who hinted that she wanted the last weekend of Feb for her wedding (whh she did not get in the end)... basically just hantam.

so depends on how u will treat the outcome of the dates given to u. like:-
1) what if all dates are weekdays?
2) what if you have another date in mind and you really want it?
3) work constraints?
4)What is the real reason for getting a good date.

if you can ans all these, u probably feel better getting a date with or without a fengshui master.

joyle_t

pinkglove/stickytape>> agree with the payments... so happy to get so many things done, but on the other hand, pocket so drained and feeling so poor.

although i not getting house... already feel the pinch.

pinkglove

jOyle: so u intending to stay with ur in-laws? My house shld b ready before my AD.. super straining on pockets! Cos need buy furnitures, with the house much more expenses!