(2011/01) Jan 2011 BTB

chidori_

Thanks Rachel!

We have been to a lot of hotels the past few months doing our inspections. We have a VERY tall stack of hotel wedding banquet booklets! LOL. Shortlisted quite a few like Intercontinental, St Regis, Ritz Carlton, Capella (way too ex thou). Btw, I'm looking for BIG space ballrooms too.

Let me know how do you find York Hotel this Friday! I heard from my friends who been there, said its a very lovely place.

sbearie

i been to York Hotel already. the exterior looks old. but actually the revamped the interior.

the ballroom is very nice. pillar-less too. but if u are looking at big space. dun think its the place for u. this they can only accommodate abt 32 tables for totally unblocked view. anything more, ur tables will be extended all the way to the foyer area. which is pretty weird. and the bridal suite is not very impressive to me.

i was looking for big space too cos i needed a big dance floor. i already confirmed with Raffles Town Club. the ballroom is big and pillarless. bridal suites are gorgeous too!

chidori_

:D im looking for big area for dance floor too! where do you intend to set up the dance area? right in front or in the middle of the ballroom? i prefer in the middle under a big chandelier (if there is). the ballrooms in Singapore are so limited.
sad.gif
maybe i shall head down Raffles Town Club for a peek too.

sbearie

yes ballrooms in SG very limited. not to mention pillar-less. u should really check out RTC. they have a huge and comfy foyer area. i feel the price is reasonable too. although i still had to do alot of bargains for freebies. hehe

i will be setting the dance floor in the middle of the ballroom. cos in front of the stage can be quite intimidating. later my guests all paisei dun dare to dance. den defeats the purpose! haha

virgogemini

Hi every1, i'm a Jan 2011 bride too! nice to meet u all here

Jus to check..izzit too early to book the venues now? i was thinking if we book now, there may be more wedding fairs coming up next yr...so...abit in a dilemma..

Btw, any1 went to the wedding fair @ Mandarin Oriental on 1Nov? can sm1 share the package with me

sbearie

hi 2011BTB!! welcome and congrats!! =)

1 thing about booking venue is if u dun book now, there might be chances of other pple booking the place u like. but then again, like wat u say, might miss a good offer if book early. for myself, i prefer to book the venue first if i really like it cos perks can be negotiated. actually to be honest, some wedding fairs dun really offer fantastic freebies.

u may check with the hotel to tentatively block the dates. im not sure if they are opened for 2011 bookings.

but i already paid deposit for RTC.

hope this helps! =)

virgogemini

Hi Rachel

Thks for the advice....my hubby is overseas and wont be back till next yr end feb...he's original plan was to wait till he come back then we look for a hotel lo..but recently, my frd whose wedding is next yr told me alot of dates taken up liao..make me stress lo..haha.... sm more my wedding is jan 11, jus 1 month difference fr dec 2010...

I had my ROM @ RTC...had a good experience =)

sbearie

i see. ya. initially i wanted my wedding to be in oct 2010. i started calling hotels in early aug this year. but already all taken up!!! so sad lo. tats y pushed to jan 2011.

actually u can ask the hotels to tentatively block this date for u first. they will only ask u to confirm if there are other couples looking at same date.

tat time i booked my date with a few hotels. but finally decided on RTC cos of the big space. hehes.

chidori_

me too Rachel. that's why we solemnize in Bali on Oct 2010. Banquet in 2011. Intercontinental has been taken up on 1 Jan!!! Oh nooo...

2011BTB, i totally agree with Rachel. The first thing is to look for the venue you want. If a specific date is your priority, that's even more challenging. So, it's never too late to start searching. Any hotels you looking at the moment?

sbearie

chidori, u going to solemnize in bali? so nice! its one of my favourite place!! haha. i love intercon!!! the ballroom is just so gorgeous!

faster go book ur dates with other hotels first. as far as i know. quite a few of us here AD is 1st jan!

u all start looking at bridal studio already?

chidori_

yaa.. we want something different from Singapore.
happy.gif
i like intercon's ballroom too! especially their chandeliers! but i wonder if the ballroom is big enough to accommodate a dance floor in the middle.

yeah, i've booked appointments with a few other hotels next week. hope it turns out well. i haven't find bridal studio on AD yet. pre-wedding shoots will be taken in taiwan next year.

virgogemini

I'm looking at Marriot, Oriental, Meritus Mandarin...but open to suggestions lo...too bad i miss the wedding show @ Oriental on 1 nov...i called Oriental but they have not got back to me yet

sbearie

chidori: u are almost all prepared! haha. i only settled my venue tats all.

2011btb: u can call up oriental to see if they extended their promo for the wedding fair. cos usually if u go down on the day itself, they will pressure u and say promotion only for today. but actually not true. most hotels will extend their promotion period for abt 1 or 2 weeks.

i mean come on la. how can they expect us to decide on the spot right?? for myself. i went for the RTC wedding fair on 04th Oct. But only confirmed with them early november but i still get to enjoy the perks offered during the fair.

so maybe u can try ur luck!!

and ladies, u all might wanna find out which credit card got promotions!! =)

virgogemini

Ya, i've call them up but no1 has got back to me...actually, i feel that once u tell them ur wedding in 2011, they dun really seem interested...

Anyway, wat do u all tink of Marriot??

triple78

Hi hi,

I am tentatively a Dec 2010 bride too, reason same as most of you, the hotel was booked on the date i was looking at.. I am Jan bride 2011 now...

muji

Hey gals, I went to the Oriental wedding show, if you want the perks, just PM me yah.. I have booked my luncheon with Oriental but they are only open for booking up to March 2011. And a 5k deposit is needed..
sad.gif

And I agree, though it may seems to be 1 yr plus ahead of our AD, but it seems that hot dates are being snapped up really quite fast so first thing to book the preferred banquet venue is impt..
happy.gif

sbearie

hi babes! good to see more pple talking in this thread! congrats to triple78 and faith on upcoming wedding!

2011btb, i attended a wedding a mariott few months back. ambiance and food were quite nice. but i didnt really did much research for this hotel myself.

triple78, so where are u looking to hold the reception now??

wow. 5K deposit is quite alot. i only paid 3K for mine. but my friend paid 5k for four seasons too. so i guess it depends on location.

s_k

Hi,

I m oso a Jan BTB. Just sign up a package with double up in IMM? Anyone have any comments on this? Is their service or selection of growns good? Did not did much research then sign up with them le...

sbearie

hi faith, nope i do not have package for mariott. but jus call them up and u should get it. also can check if they opened for bookings.

triple78

I have confirmed the following,

ROM 26 DEC 2009
Venue Hort park

AD 1 Jan 2011
BS The Aisle
Venue Holiday Inn Atrium

Guess I am almost done for now.. Finally another load off my mind..

Gd luck to those searching for banquet venue.. Its tiring but worth it I guess.

triple78

RAchel>

I actualli prefer 26 Dec but the date was taken up by another couple for Holiday Inn, but then, like what you say, its a brand new start on a brand new year!

Have you start searching for BS? When is your ROM? same date?

sbearie

triple78: i will be having a church wedding followed by wedding reception at night. so yup! doing everything on one day. we feel that its better to do everything on one day! hehes.

i haven start to look at BS leh. quite lazy to do research. but have shortlisted a few lo. i wonder will the price increase again in 2010??? if so i might have to make a decision this year.

wat u gals think??

muji

I think the prices will increase each year, just by how much though..It has already been announced in the papers that inflation will be about 1-2%..That's y I decided to book the banquet first, at least will not be affected once the agreement is signed even if prices go up...

Rachel, I think it will be good to scout for your BS now..It is tiring to do that but quite worth the effort..
happy.gif

sbearie

hi gals! anyone looking at novotel?? they having a promo now.

2011 - Early Bird Wedding Lunch Special:
1 January 2011 to 31 March 2011 ONLY
* $698nett per table confirmed
* Free flow of beer from 8pm to 11pm

2011 - Early Bird Wedding Dinner Special:
1 January 2011 to 31 March 2011 ONLY
* Weekday Package - $858nett per table confirmed
* Weekend Package - $918nett per table confirmed
* Free flow of beer from 8pm to 11pm
* Complimentary one Helper's Room on your wedding day from 2pm to 7pm

Terms & conditions apply:
- Minimum number of tables apply
- Booking must be confirmed (deposit paid) on the 21 Novemeber 2009
- This promotion can not be used in conjunction with any other offer and is applicable for new bookings only.
- Draw will be conducted in the hotel at The Executive Boardroom, 7pm. The draw result is final and non-negotiable.

go check it out if interested. got this in my email. =)

jasminewee

Hi all...

I am also looking ard for venues for my upcoming AD in Jan 2011..

..kind of like the 3 hotels at marina ..oriental/pan pac/mandarin..

any feedback?

N some hotels with 2011 prices...
1. Crowne Plaza
2. Novotel
3. Grand Copthrone
4. Furama (I think)
5. M-Hotel
6. Orchard hotel

jasminewee

Haha faith....
u r right..kind of a stretch for me..
for Oriental! it seems even with the $50 nett off per table for wkends..thanks for sharing with me on the details...

which hotels u looking at also? I have a few packages...=P some for 2010/2011...

muji

Hi Jasmine, I have booked with Marriott in the end. Good food, good location and good prices!
happy.gif
It is about $200 cheaper per table compared to Oriental!

virgogemini

Hi Faith,

I'm considering marriot too! how many tables do u have and when's ur wedding?? care to share ur package?? can PM me?? thanks...

muji

Hi gals,

I have 40 tables and mine's in Feb 2011..I will PM you the details ya..BTW, I am having a sit-down luncheon coz my wedding day falls on a Sunday
happy.gif

fatbabe

Hi All,

I am planning my AD in Jan 2011 too.

My 1st choice is 15 Jan 2011 but it seems like most hotel that I went is taken up. So deciding whether to have my AD on weekdays and bring it to Nov 10. My date not confirm. There are a few dates in mind, which is either Jan 2011 or Nov 2010, weekday or weekend.

Here is the 3 hotels that I shortlisted:

1. Carlton Hotel
2. Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
3. Peninsula Excelsior Hotel (My hubby said this hotel is value for money...)

I have only about 20 tables so there is not much choices. I will be going down to Novotel this Sat if I confirm this hotel.

Novotel actually don't throw in any thing extra beside their standard package given.. As to compare to the other hotels I went, like free flow beer or wine, extra night stay/room, etc. Did any one have extra things from them?

sbearie

hi fatbabe,

i think novotel having some promotion right??

actually carlton hotel seems nice and i heard they will have a new ballroom opening up in 2010. but i think that is for accommodating more tables.

my AD is also 15 jan!! =)

actually nov 2010 dates should have been fully booked too. if u really wan the hotels, u should call them to tentatively block out ur dates. no need pay deposit until u confirm them.

joyle_t

hi rachel>> my hubby checked with carlton, they having new ballroom : Empress ballroom, seems like high ceiling and pillarless, but occupies about 50 tables if we are not wrong. Didn't indicate the min. no.

sbearie

hi gals!!! so how's everyone's wedding preparation??!!

i went to visit a few bridal studios over the weekends namely Graceful Image / My Bridal Room / Precious Moments

Service wise, i would say MBR and PMB are both very good!! i personally like PMB cos of the very good price they are able to offer. but do note that they do not have any MTM service which is not a problem to mi since i do not have any special designs in mind.

i have not committed to any yet, but would most probably go for PMB. hehe!!

how abt u gals?? keep the updates coming in!! =)

yuki_21

Hey Fiona :

I am changing my date to 15 jan..cos the restuarant i wanted , 1 jan is taken up =(

Later going down to confirm 15 jan... Hope i am please with the package...

yenming

Hi fatbabe, Yuki, Rachel,

My AD is also on 15/Jan'11. But same as fatbabe, we are planning only 20tables. most of the hotels need min. 25tables. we r nt sure of which hotels we can approached aldy. fatbabe, you signed up with Novotel already?

yuki_21

Rachel : I took up peony jade restaurant =). Wanted to take 1 jan but taken up. My next date is 15 jan...so ..well..

Yenming (yenming) : you can check out Hilton if u don mind the incident ...else..u can take a look at restaurant..no need to stick to hotel actually... cos i went few hotels but for 20 table..hotel look too spacious etc...and if they have two wedding together...the small one don look that nice... but its still ur choice..

sbearie

hi babes! i jus signed my wedding package with Precious Moment Bridal. Very satisfied with their service! =)

diorfanz

hey sk .. my wedding date is also 23 jan 2011
happy.gif

Still haven confirm a venue yet.. but i'm contemplating to take marina mandarin, pan pacific that area hotels..
Doing lunch too.. since its a sunday!
shld be abt 30 - 35 tabes..