(2011/01) Jan 2011 BTB

troides

Binnie, good question
happy.gif

My little sis is on the jiemei team. She has this grand plan of getting $$ during gate crash. I was listening and kept reminding her that what goes around, comes around. She'll get the same treatment when it's her turn heee..

I think $10 will be better, easier to split and a stack of notes look better in photos.

binnie

Lish: Ya I think 5pcs of $10notes look better than 1pc of $50note. Ok I shall do that..

I also have a whole bunch of unmarried friends having plans to drown us with beer/liquor during our dinner.. I told them go ahead lo, but dun forget they are not married yet.. They will get worst from me for their wedding in future.. haha! I can see them hesitated.. Woohoo!!

ahgirl_

Thats what im thinking of.
TO have $10 notes instead of $50.. easily to spilt between them.
May i know how much u all setting aside the Ang Pow for JM, XD, n gatcrash?

troides

happiness, haven't really counted. But I estimate around $500 - 600?

Some banks don't have money changing service. Which bank did you ladies go?

I got a shock when htb said he ordered a $400 20-jin roast pig... I do appreciate his gesture, but it's only meat.

binnie

Lish> I got my friend who works in bank to change the notes for me. It's not gonna be new notes, just notes that look relatively new & not old and crumpled..

happiness> I told my jiemeis ard 3rounds of angbao for gatecrash.. 1st & 3rd time is just yi shi yi shi then 2nd time is to enter the gate after gatecrash, that one will have more.. Btw we will only have 4JM & 4XDs only.. My bestman we gave $58, 3 others $48 each.

ahgirl_

Lish: i just went to change ytd!! we went to ocbc.. just said u need to chng to smaller notes n they willing to chng for u.. =)

Binnie: oohhh.. we have 5JM n 4 XD.. for us $500 is not enuff cos we have to give open door, tea ceremony... we decided to give them one shot go cos both side mothers will oso give them an angpow each!! dun forget this! =)
alot of time, money involved! but the process is fun! after which have to give ang poq during CNY le.. now is like practising.. hehehe

yuki_21

Binnie (binnie) : me also thinking how much to give..i got 5 jie mei and 5 brothers.. =S

happiness (ahgirl_) : I haven got time to change lo..hahaha...just finish my GDL =)

ahgirl_

yuki: same as me.. have 5.. but its quite headache... but then we agar agar give lo cos both side of parents will give ! =)

oohh.. u can get it chng over the weekend s most of the bank are open till 7pm! =)

yuki_21

happiness (ahgirl_) : hee..the branch at my office downstairs only...but i too busy at work already...=S

And me and my hubby have not discuss till there yet..hahaha

Need to work out AD schedule , helper role, transport and money to give also.

ahgirl_

yuki: ooohhh.. me too.. is behind my office only.. but i went to the branch near to my hse.. =)

yup.. work out the schedule 1st n everything will go well! =)

Merry Xmas!!

xiaomau

Hi all,

I have 6 jiemei dresses for sale- all at $11 per piece.

it looks like that:

url]

url]

What happened was that i bought my first piece for $50 at HK... and then .. saw ShangHai selling.

So i asked my Jiemei to tried it - intending to wear the same my the day. When i got my china colleague to buy it for me , it was slightly different in size and my jiemeis canot fit in at all... i bought at RMB 55 per piece, so I'll just let go at this same price... and absorb the shipping charges...because i also bought other clothes...

might be a good idea for jiemeis- it should fit a S or M at max for the dress. It's totally brand new and still in the bags...

Please email me at [email protected] if interested... thank you.

binnie

12more days to go for 15jan brides-to-be.. I'm running out of time.. So many things to do but only with so little time.. Trying to do as much Spring cleaning as possible when I have the time.. Plus this week busy with work, by the time I reach home I already damn shag!! Plus.. I'm coughing badly now, how?? Sigh!!

I'm so desperate for my cough to recover.. I cant do much when I always have to take those medicine that makes me drowsy..

denisekuan

hello binnie! yes just next week is my wedding too! 15 jan brides! hahahah

this weekend im having my wedding in msia! so by then i come back its rush rush rush for sg wedding already!!!

hw is the preparations!

missyrui

i m a 15 jan bride too. nervous nervous. wat if i cant get to sleep the previous night and wake up with eye bags and dark circles? mine is already quite obvious already T_T

binnie

Wow! So many jan15 bride. I'm still having a headache with my guestlist.. There is more and more people backing out cos of last min business trip or other reason. Gosh!! At this rate, I will have a extra table (paid but not used).. haiz!!

troides

I'm 16 Jan. Hope for good weather, good skin, good coordination and most of all, hope all my guests enjoy the celebration heee. Same to all who are getting married in Jan
happy.gif

missyrui

A lot of 15 Jan brides.. I have not so good skin now .. one pimple on forehead .. skin dehydrated.. so tired everyday that I took half day leave today to sleep in.. I can't wait for it to be over..

binnie

I already went for facial on the 8th. This whole week i'm on leave at home rushing out all the wedding stuffs and doing housework.. So tired!!

missyrui

You all are so hardworking! I did spring cleaning on new yr eve cos 1st Jan is my guo da Li and an chuang. now is just simple cleaning.. these few days keep going around to buy stuffs for house .. so tired at night tat I skip doing mask and just went to sleep .. so ashame of myself!! Tsk tsk

sdcl

it's all over for me,
happy.gif
happy.gif
brides, the day will be over more quickly than you'd ever imagined. I'm definitely glad it's over, for sure!

snowdoll

so many 15 jan brides here. me too!
i had fever last week and still recovering from it...took leave from today to rest and pack the house! going to collect my gown tmr;)

binnie

czs: Take care! Get well soon!! I'm also sick.. have been coughing for 3wks but getting better. Anyway u collect your gown so early ar? I only intend to do it on Friday leh.. haha!! Am i too late?

snowdoll

hi binnie..thanks,i still have phlegm too. bad time to get sick. u get well soon too..

im also not too sure, they ask us to collect earlier...collect on fri? i thought the day before wedding, couple cannot meet? haha

troides

cupcakes congrats, I'm happy for you! We have the same JP and hotel right..

I just did the ROM filing today and I'm collecting my gown tomorrow. Htb joked he signed the rest of his life to me haha.

cupcakescream

@Lish : Yes same hotel mine is lunch and yours is dinner? I had a seperate dinner party at Hyatt Poolside Oasis Resturant. That was a blast! Can't wait to see the photos / videos.

I got the morning highlights, you can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=315737&id=709840750&l=0b8966fbb5

and our pre-wedding montage is uploaded on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oc0YZPtt1A

We screened the video and then when it ended we danced our way to the stage and did a little hot salsa number
happy.gif

Heaps of fun!
happy.gif

qiuling

Been long that i check in here. Most of you must have been a Mrs by now =) COngratz to all those who are married =D My big day will be this Sunday. So exciting =) Less than a week away!!!

troides

cupcakes you look ravishing
happy.gif
Thanks for sharing.

For those of us who are already married, wish you happiness all the way.

For others who are getting there, hang on, all the hard work will be worth it
happy.gif

sdcl

Cupcakes: you look really gorgeous, and so happy (like all brides are!) hehe.

when was your big day?

mine's over too, and I'm kind of afraid of how the photos will turn out, as I'm a very, very camera-shy bride.

cupcakescream

Lish : Yours just went by... how was it? Dr Phua was simply hilarious eh? He ended my ROM with "HUAT AH!" to the amusement of my husband and in-laws! Must share your photos ok?

foreigndevil : Thanks! My grandma who brought me up passed away the week before and could I could feel her presence throughout the whole wedding. I think I'm super bias but it was the most beauitful wedding I've ever attended! LOL! My AD is on 17 Dec 2011 in Melbourne up on Mt Dendenong. I'm sure your photos will be just as great! All brides look good on their wedding day!
happy.gif

qiuling : Just a few more days! Enjoy the whole process and have fun on the day itself! Will be praying for good weather for you! xoxo
happy.gif

troides

Cupcakes, yes! That's what he did
happy.gif
I teared up when he said we must remember to visit our parents whenever we can. He went on a little longer than usual, but I'm glad he was our solemnizer. My photos will come after Chinese New Year. So long, I know. Will share it on facebook. Stay tuned
happy.gif

yuki_21

Cupcakes&Cream : u look so pretty my dear !! Congrats .

Congrats to all Jan bide too !

Mine is over and honey moon to HK is just so fantastic wiht nice food, cooling weather and shopping =)

pinkcoral

Thanks for sharing cupcake and congrats to all the Jan brides
happy.gif

Our wedding day passed so fast we didn't have time to savour over every moment! Now we have been married for 3 weekends since NYD. How fast time flies!

strikingreality

Hey Jan 2011 brides!! I'm a May 2011 bride and would like to find out what's the alcohol consumption for your wedding?? Mine is a Saturday and I'm trying to figure out how much wine to get. Secondly, if you guys have extra wine which you would like to let go, I'm interested in buying them over at a reduced price, feel free to let me know!

homama

hi kass... i think it really depend on ur venue and the atmosphere... i opened 50 bottles of wines on my sunday wedding last week.. a bit horrible! haha~ cos standard average i heard from friends' banquet is about 20-28 bottles...

have fun~

peegu

Hi January 2011 brides, where do you have your reunion dinner on CNY eve? At your in-laws or at your own parents'?

bem

any brides faced with bad weather?? mine will be in Jan 2012. if there is bad weather, will it dampen ur mood??

babymarian

Hi Freda, I think reunion dinner will be with in-laws...

Hi Bem, it was raining when i had my wedding...i was quite sad that i could not take outdoor photos
sad.gif
other than that, everything was good
happy.gif

missyrui

Oh wow I m married for half a month already .. so excited we are going for our honeymoon this thursday yay! finally ..

Kass: we consumed about 40+ bottles of wine for 32/33 tables (not sure if got any last minute increase in tables. i was pretty slack that day :p) .. our remaining wines was returned and refunded =)

Freda: my hubby and I will be having lunch at my parents' house and dinner will be with his family. This year, will not be joining my extended family for reunion dinner. abit miss the feeling ..

bem: I was pretty lucky to be blessed with good weather on my wedding day. it kept raining recently as you know .. it started to drizzle when we checked in into the hotel .. i m a happy-go-lucky person .. bad weather might cause abit of inconvenience but it isnt that bad AS LONG AS MY GOWN STAYS CLEAN hahahahahaha .. I do not want to march in with a dirty gown ..