(2011/01) Jan 2011 BTB

chew_the_gum

thanks strawberry shortcake & pinkcoral..i will let them know soon also i'm finding a unique way to ask them..hee

how's everyone's planning so far? i'm so lazy to do anything now..haha

troides

go for vacation!

I'm going tioman next week
happy.gif

mitchelleyong

wow.. my wedding is on the 26th january 2011. till now, havent planned anything yet. dun even know how to start everythings.

congrats to everyone getting married here. cheers! probably we can help each other since we r all getting married around the same time.

pinkcoral

Welcome here mitchelle. Have you confirmed your venue for the wedding? PG/VG chosen?

I'm also getting the keys to my house in about 2 mths time (Oct), now busy interviewing ID firms. hehe

jacqurine

wah, seem like hv miss out quite alot of stuff. recently was kinda busy with work and wedding stuff! had view my PS and top up quite alot, nw waiting to cfm on the layout... hehe
welcum to all the new BTB...

mitchelleyong

hi pink, i've confirmed my venue- raffles hotel.
pg/vg havent chosen yet. How abt you? when's ur date & venue..

cool.. i'm also looking @id firms. but i dont intend to renovate much. maybe budget around 10-20k.

qiuling

welcome here mitchelle =)

Jacqurin how many photos did you top up?? I'm going to my BS to choose y photos this friday. my HTB told me not to add on any photos but i scare i cant control!!

chew_the_gum

wow..like kinda re nao here..

welcome mitchelle :)

hehe..qiuling..really hard to control one..but maybe in the end is your SO who cant control?
like my SO, who is the one who wants to top up so much. haha

pinkcoral

Hi mitchelle.. Mine is on 01 Jan. Having solemnisation + reception in church for lunch and Marina Mandarin for dinner.

We just got a quote from an ID firm for $50k+! Nuts. Now waiting for the other quotes to come in. Think after the wedding + house, we be v broke.

pinkcoral

Caroline, Jacq, Qiulig - yeah, at the end of the day, my fiance also buay tahan and wanted to top up. Looking back, I think we went overboard and bought too many pics.. even though at that time, it seemed like the right thing to do. :/

chew_the_gum

@ pinkcoral- ya lor..couldn't agree more..shld spent it elsewhere for the wedding.. =(

you all may want to try Ideal design interior
Blk 161 Lavender Street #01-11/ #02-11
Contact Ms.Ivette, 8298 9908

pinkcoral

Hi Maureen.. we went to a couple - Darwin, Chew, Summit, Sky Creation, etc, etc.
Ours is a resale 4rm near town. Resale reno should cost more then brand new.. coz gotta hack and whack a lot of things.
sad.gif

sandybaby25

hello all,

My AD 22 Jan 2011. Furama Riverfront. Anyone have lobang for wedding lunch catering - gourmet style?
Also for Wedding cake??

jacqurine

michelle: I have done too many stuff which i dun rmb too... hehe I top up 4k plus for my photo. really cant ctrl ^_^

chiulin: I hv top up quite alot of pic, mi & hubby though we could ctrl but after we remove the pic tat we dun like still left half of the pic tat we take to top up...

qiuling

caroline, pinkcoral & jacqurine, I think my HTB will be able to control. Cos he plan all his budget just nice one. No more or no less. So i think if want to top up also dun have excess $$$ to top up.

pinkcoral

Hi Sandy.. We also ordered a lunch reception.
You can check out Rasel, Orange Clove and Stamford Catering. We went with Rasel.

Qiuling - good to have a defined budget. Can use it for some control.
happy.gif

chew_the_gum

@ Jac, me too! after rejecting so many pics still left alot for selection! even the BS manager & assist helped us to reject the photos but still end up with many photos have to take..

@ qiuling,but actually to me i think its harder to choose rather than control..cos there are too many pics and with many diff backgrounds which you actually nvr imagine it can make such a diff when you were taking your PS. just my thoughts
happy.gif

@ pinkcoral, which caterer you chose? Rasel?

giantress

Hi babes, seems like all of us r getting into the momentum of the wedd prep. Sigh... im having a headache with the IDs. Think i overspent on COV n now can only afford abt 20k for my hse reno... sob.. anyone found any cheap n gd contractor? those IDs are charging more than 50k!!

mitchelleyong

Ya... i think its really crazy to pay 50k for Interior designing. my budget is quite tight, only left with 20k budget for renovation. after paying for house, very broke for wedding already.. i can pass you my interior designer @ beauty world. i can give you his contact if you're interested. i think he's really good!!

seems like so many things to prepare for the wedding.. just hope we can skip that & proceed for the honeymoon =D

pinkcoral

Mitchelle - we're all january brides here so all our weddings are close lar.. hahaha

Mitch, giantress - Have you started on your house reno alr? We be getting our keys in Oct, so we'll have only 1mth plus to reno to be in time for the wedding.

My friend passed on some contacts - I haven't contacted them yet but you can try these guys:

Cheap Cheap Laminate
http://www.perlenoiresg.com/fw1

Malaysia contractor
Mei Jia furniture & renovation - Ah Meng +60127095232 (malaysia line) or 82213253 (sg line)

You girls can check out www.renotalk.com for ideas also.

mitchelleyong

Jacqurine. I guess my reno will cost around 15k.. not much stuff to renovate.. we bought a second hand condo. the previous owner maintained it really well!

pinkcoral- yea. our dates are really close. maybe we shld meetup to discuss. hahaha.. meanwhile can help each other with our weddings. oh yea, reno havent done yet... cos havent gotten the keys. i'll be getting my keys in 5th october too. so meanwhile just think of ideas for our weddings.

giantress

I have just collected my keys and now headache coz no $ to spend on reno
sad.gif

Pinkcoral: Thanks babe. Will go n take a look at renotalk.
Mitchelle: Can you please pass me your contacts also?

By the way, when do we need to go n print the invites? Have anyone here printed theirs?

pinkcoral

The wedding guide sent by my hotel wrote that they will give us the invites abt 3 mths before the wedding. So that should be sometime in Sept.

Not sure when to start printing also. :/

krazimitzi

Hi all, I'm having an urgent problem! I've always wanted to take bridal PS at those old dilapidated buildings and everyone even by BS kept telling me "Oh don't worry you're photographer will know where to go." So I kept chasing for a meetup with the photographer beforehand to tie all these down.

I just got back from a meeting with him and he says that he doesn't know any such buildings in Singapore! He said all the pictures that I showed him are of buildings that have been torn down or demolished already! I'm currently in a mess because my PS is this coming Saturday I do not have ANY PS location to go to.

Please advise if you know any such old buildings that I can do my PS at! Thank you fellow Jan brides!!

Here's some pics I want to achieve:
1503562.jpg

1503563.jpg

1503564.jpg

1503565.jpg

qiuling

krazimitzi (krazimitzi), i only know malaysia have these places. saw these type of places in their album at jb wedding BS.

dancingpetals

Hey giantress, saw your posting on Aug 18 only now. Was in the same fix as you, COV for 4-room took up a lot of our cash. IDs will quote you a lot of fancy stuff like feature walls, down lights etc. which look nice but cost a lot. For us ultimately, we decided to go for the basics which was tiling (whole house except living room), hacking of one room, kitchen cabinet & wardrobe and painting. With that, our cost came up to 21K.

If you interested, PM me for my ID contact. Quite satisfied with their service & workmanship. House should be ready by mid Sep.
happy.gif

sdcl

My dear brides to be,

I'm in a fix! I'm so worried and stressed right now, arghh.

Anyway the situation on my side is, I've fixed a definite date (friends and family from overseas are flying in for this date, so no more changes!) - 8th January 2011.

BIG problem is, no venue yet. Sigh. I was considering MinJiang at Rochester but my mum doesn't seem happy with it at all. I'm wondering if any of you could throw up suggestions/ideas of where else I can hold my solemnization+dinner (back to back)?

I'd like something outdoorsy but 100% wet weather proof. Lush greenery, with or without a view. Chinese cuisine. Anywhere??

Also, I haven't gotten a wedding dress but I've already got a evening gown made. I just want to ask - what is the average price to rent a (white) wedding dress for a day from an averagey type of boutique? Not those super high end ones, but not those MTM from the internet either. Thanks..

Help help help
sad.gif

maureenseng

Hi DL, have you asked your mum what is she unhappy about? Minjiang seems like a trusted brand in terms of food quality, and the Rochestor one has what you need - Outdoorsy look + Chinese cuisine.

Maybe you can try Botanic Garden's Halia Restaurant? It has the lush greenery you're looking for. Only thing is the food is more like fusion style but you can try discuss with them for a more Asian cuisine menu.

sdcl

my mum.. is unhappy about almost everything, but then again, she'll be unhappy even at the best restaurant/hotel. so there.

I've thought of Halia but it's not Chinese cuisine. Not that I mind, but cos of the older folks.. sigh!!

rainbowdayz

wow... thank u ladies for all sharing all those ideas and interesting websites...

im a btb for jan 2011 too... i have chosen my gown n my photoshoot is in sep... havent choose my AD yet...

seems like most of u r very well planned... i hope u can guide me along... so afraid that i will miss out anything as seems like i haven't done much yet... oops...

maureenseng

DL, i feel if tat's the case, just go with Minjiang since she'll just be unhappy any other way. and its ur wedding anyway. unless she is the one paying for it.

but that's just my 2 cents.

troides

quiling, thanks! cake in a cup cupcakes looks yummy. I love their mini wedding cupcakes at conrad. Are you going for them?

qiuling

hi lish, yup i going for them cos i have a budget and she can work within my budget. so thats good. i'm still waiting for her to reply on seeing when i can get to taste the cupcakes before deciding which flavours cos i'm in a dilemma on which one to choose