(2011/01) Jan 2011 BTB

eviliss

kale, im looking for nu-bra too! wondering whether if its really so secured..haven tried wearing one though.

i guess each of us have our own cup size. thus, some brides find the support in the gowns are already sufficient.. whereas some brides like me are looking for some support to give a slightly fuller / complete look. of course not those effect where an 'a cup' bride becomes c cup overnight in the gown which attracts more attention than the bride herself. ;)

evon_gladys

kale/Lissy: try the triumph one... i tried using those silicon type from bikini shops... its heavier and always will feel scare that its gonna drop.. LOL.. triumph's very light... personally i feel more secure... but its kinda ex.. $49.90 when i bought it last yr...

pinkcoral

Lissy/Kale - I have worn the nubra for dinners in my evening dresses and it has stayed secure and stayed put the whole evening. And it's great for the figure (gives better lift than strapless bras does).
I will get another one for the photoshoot and AD, will try evon's triumph recommendation. Think the cheaper ones costs $29. But it's for the wedding, so it's worth the splurge.
happy.gif

Hi Joanne - have you booked your dinner venue already. Think your date is pretty hot too, so you gotta quickly arrange now.

eviliss

wow. i never knew triumph have nu-bras too.. if its not silicon... what material is it made of..? i only heard of the one from top-shop. does the colour of the bra matters?

evon_gladys

the one at triumph is like cloth kind.. tats y alot lighter... they have black ones...
happy.gif
and skin color... after trying both... i still prefer triumph.. but its really abit costly la... unless u might wear again... if not, then.... maybe u dun wana cost that much?
happy.gif

kale

I passed by NuBra at sunshine plaza & got to know the price of silicon type is $99.Push up type is $100+. did not try it,but it feels heavy. saw from normal fashion shops selling at around $29. Big price difference.Not sure if its worth to get the original Nubra one.

But i was told that NuBra is to help in support & lift up.so the shape will look nice in wedding/evening gowns. Even if your bust is not small. Anyone knows if its true?

joyle_t

kale>> i got Nubra from sunshine plaza. but haven't gotten down to trying it out yet. its quite difficult to wear for a first timer. but the sales person will teach u how to wear and she said that u can pop by if you r still unsure. service quite good. can check out their webby.

eviliss

thanks for the information ladies. may i know which shop ot the brand of the nu-bra you got from sunshine plaza?

i only heard of the one from top-up and the original nu-bra.. would like to make a comparison with the sunshine plaza and triumph one! i think its best to try it out once or twice to have a feel of wearing it before our AD. ;)

kale

The name of the shop in sunshine plaza is NuBra.I went to enquire about it. And yes,the lady is quite helpful.But its just that not sure if worth to get the NuBra which is quite Ex.cos i don't think i will wear it after my wedding.

eviliss

ladies, i just did a quick search on Nu-Bra in another forum and some girls especially bony ones have problems with the featherlite Nu-Bra because they claim its too flat and material is too light, it cant mould to the shape and stick on our breasts fully. the edges of the bra starts coming out after a few hours.

i havent tried wearing one so cant comment much. but i guess in some cases, the silicon ones MIGHT be better. i think it will be good to seek the shop assistant's advise and try on to have a feel provided, if they allow. otherwise it will be money down the drain.
happy.gif

kale

the lady told me for wedding & gowns,best to choose silicon type.the shape will look nicer.Anyone went to try triumph one?any reviews?

pinkcoral

I decided to stick with my current silicon ones. It holds well and gives me ample lift. My photoshoot is next week, thought it'd be risky trying out something new at this point.

eviliss

pinkcoral, is ur Nu-bra from the original brand? i want to get them and try it on before my photoshoot.

u bought your rings already? if you already got them, bring it along for the shoot. i think the photographer can take a few pictures of it or you and HTB wearing it. otherwise i think its ok too, u still have your AD to shoot the wedding bands. ;)

joyle_t

pinkcoral>> havent done my PS yet, but for me I hope I will get my wedding bands done so that it is in the pics! if u want a photo with more close-up of ur rings, think it's nice to have.. if not like what lissy said, on AD also can take.. just have to remind ur photographer, like have a list of things that u wanna specifically take in a particular way.. kind of storyboard..

Lissy>> i bought the original NuBra, but have not worn it out yet. Tried once to put on, quite taxing.. The shop assistant recommended the silicon nubra for weddings. just to let u know, when she teaches u how to wear it at the shop, the protective cover(against the sticky side) is not taken out, so it is quite different from how u wear it urself later on. apparently when she tried it for me, it was better than when I tried for myself. Practice makes perfect i guess. but it's quite expensive for something that we dun use often (and cannot be seen like our gowns/shoes!).

pinkcoral

Hi Lissy.. I just checked yesterday, mine is not the original. It's called Freebra - and I saw from the price tag (still stuck on the box) that it costs only $18. Cheap and good.

Lissy/Joyle - we bought our wedding bands, but it will only be ready 3 months later. The shop has loaned us rings of the same design for our photoshoot, so will bring those with us.

pinkcoral

joyle - our wedding bands are from Love & Co. We're getting platinum ones custom made.. the shop loaned us their white gold ones, and they are both brand new. There will be a nominal fee of $20-$30 if we get any scratches on the rings. Otherwise, there'd be no charge for the 'rental'.
happy.gif

eviliss

j0yle> do you think department stores like metro and isetan would have the Nu-bra too?

pinkcoral> how about your freebra, may i know where can i get them?

Love & co. so good! i never knew they loan wedding bands for photoshoot. yes, u must bring them for your shoot. how much did u get the bands at?

skydreamie

hello!! long time din post here already!
yay, seeing more and more jan 2011 BTBs!! :D

I bought original nubra from their website... imo it's worth the plurge for wedding ba
happy.gif

original nubra will definitely brings better lift
happy.gif
I tried on it and waaa, i can feel the difference with other non-original nubra
happy.gif

i will wear it to my photoshoot in June :D

skydreamie

btw.. pinkcoral... i'm 1/1/2011 BTB too! :p
lots of 1/1/2011 BTBs! heheheh great date
happy.gif

I have a list of churches in SG... i need to go home to find... pinkcoral if u wan it i can send ya
happy.gif

Chijmes is nice too... have u went there to see?

joyle_t

lissy>> i think i saw some pushcart at suntec selling nubra, that was where I knew bout the brand.. but definitely better to go to the original outlet cos' the lady's an expert~!

pinkcoral

Lissy - I got my freebra at one of those small lingerie shops along waterloo street (near the famous chinese temple). That was like a year ago and it still sticks fine.
happy.gif

If it doesn't last till my AD, I will check out the original Nubra. Jeanie makes it sound really great.. so must try try.
happy.gif

Jeanie - Thanks for offering your list. We called and emailed 75% of the churches in Singapore and finally managed to find one! Just confirmed it on Monday... so happy!! One more thing settled.
Yay~~ we're both 01 Jan 2011 brides. Soooo many couples marrying on the same day.
happy.gif
Where you be holding your wedding.

pinkcoral

Lissy - My wedding bands are $4,234 in total. We have them custom made in platinum so it's more expensive. The white gold ones of the same design cost about $2k.

Love & Co have a lot of wedding band designs. We went to a couple of shops but still like their designs.
happy.gif

evon_gladys

pinkcoral: which church did u choose?

jeanie: can send me e list too? [email protected]

coz my church can only cmf venue in nov 2010... and i find it too rush... so gotta find a location that can caters to like 350 pax for my church solemnization.. :/

eviliss

j0yle, which color of the nu-bra did u get? i remember reading one of the thread saying that not all colours suit the wedding gown if the gown is a little see-thru or pale in color.. is it true?

pinkcoral, ok. noted. i will check on your freebra if im nearby waterloo street too!
btw, congrats on securing your church..! have a good trip!! bon voyage.
happy.gif

evon, WOW. 350pax for church solemnization. how about your wedding banquet, how many guests are u expecting?

joyle_t

lissy>> if u check nubra website, they got the bridal range, but it's like lacy and white. the lady recommended the nude silicon type which goes with most dresses. and if its a lil' more low cut, she will teach u how to wear cos' there's frnt hook which may be visible in v-cut dresses.

sbearie

hey gals, jus went to the nubra international website and clicked on the monthly specials page.

apparently they have the travel pack promo which sells 2 for USD 70 or 80 depending on which set u choose.

i was thinking if really so many of us keen in getting, maybe we could go to SG shop to find out our size, den we order online together to save us shipping!

check this out!

http://www.nubra.com/Seasonal.htm

skydreamie

Hi evon! sent
happy.gif

pinkcoral: congrats! so where would u be holding ur solemnization and wedding? i will be holding mine @ furama riverfront
happy.gif
solemnization too.. they gave us free venue beside the pool hehehe.

waaa.. seems like wedding bands so ex... haiyo, the one we wan is 3K++ also. boohoo! should i get it before photoshoot?

smilem

good to have before PS.. so tat u can take pic on it..
if not AD< remind the photographer to snap some pic of this..

evon_gladys

Thanks Jeanie~
happy.gif

Lissy: Banquet we are looking at 30 tables X 10 pax..
Church solemnization will have more people i suppose? hahaah... coz my church, Trinity Christian Center, originally needs at least 300 pax to have it at e chapel...
happy.gif

pinkcoral

Hi girls, I'm still in Taiwan, just had my photoshoot yesterday and it was awesome!

I brought my cheapo fake 'nubra' along and it hung on there for the whole day - 8am to 10pm at night! The make up artist, who also helped me to change in and out of my gowns wore the Nubra for me in the morning. The way she wore is diff from our proper way of wearing (as per instructions given) but she said that her way gives big cleavage! She also said the gowns will hold the nubra in place so don't worry about it dropping. And she's absolutely right.
happy.gif

eviliss

j0yle_t > point noted! will go down to sunshine plaza to try on before my 1st fitting.

evon > wow! your soleminzation gonna be really grand.
happy.gif

pinkcoral > enjoy your holiday! share the pictures when you're back. ;)

evon_gladys

Lissy: thanks :D actually i was juz thinking solemnization invite more ppl... when banquet can invite lesser ppl... hahah! coz buffet is cheaper than banquet! :X

pinkcoral: let me see ur photo when u return!! :D im gg in april 21st... but only gotta take photos at taipei coz e MUA i found in taiwan only free on 22nd...
sad.gif
can help me ask ur taiwan BS if taipei itself got nice place for photoshoot? :D

pinkcoral

Hi evon.. we only took in Taipei also. There are a lot of nice places around here. We wrote down a list of what we like and discussed this with the PG-er before the shoot - he will then tell you what's viable and what's not.

We went to yang ming shan, ta tun farm, beach at tan shiu, some city shots and studio shoot at night.

We also told him to throw in nice places along the way.. which he did also.
happy.gif

pinkcoral

And it will be good to have your rings ready for the photoshoot if possible. I noticed some shots of me touching HTB's face and holding hands etc so the rings will be visible.

Also remember to get your manicures done..
happy.gif

pinkcoral

And it will be good to have your rings ready for the photoshoot if possible. I noticed some shots of me touching HTB's face and holding hands etc so the rings will be visible.

happy.gif

pinkcoral

happy.gif

evon_gladys

pinkcoral: oohh!! can gimi e list of places? coz actually im gg with my friends (for a holiday) and 顺便 take some photos since i managed to find a MUA + my friend's a photographer... haha!! he initially suggested those flowery places.. but thats like outta taipei which we cant, coz we'll only touch down on 21st, and e MUA only free on 22nd... :/

evon_gladys

pinkcoral: oohh!! can gimi e list of places? coz actually im gg with my friends (for a holiday) and 顺便 take some photos since i managed to find a MUA + my friend's a photographer... haha!! he initially suggested those flowery places.. but thats like outta taipei which we cant, coz we'll only touch down on 21st, and e MUA only free on 22nd... :/

evon_gladys

evon_gladys

Pinkcoral: thanks!! :D and oh... we got no rings.. sob... he haven propose, no proposal ring, no wedding band... *faint*

but i tot of doing manicure at taipei 1st night.. LOL!

evon_gladys

Pinkcoral: thanks!! :D and oh... we got no rings.. sob... he haven propose, no proposal ring, no wedding band... *faint*

evon_gladys

pinkcoral

I actually told my FH and the photographer what I wanted.. like the greece like place, flowers field, waterfall etc. You can check out Da Tun Nong Chang - they have the whole area set up for photo taking.

pinkcoral

I actually told my FH and the photographer what I wanted.. like the greece like place, flowers field, waterfall etc. You can check out Da Tun Nong Chang - they have the whole area set up for photo taking.