(2010/12) Dec 2010 BTB

sinplyme

thomas > okie, i'm really not into pictures.. so im not so sure about journalistic style *in fact i dont know what it means.. lol* to me, as long as they capture 'the moment' and reasonable price can liao.
hm, have a budget too so dont think i can go for those that u mentioned.
sad.gif
i would love to have them.

tried to DIY using MMM but it's not what i really want so i gave up on MMM.
sad.gif

happy girl > I see. I haven't really got the time to seat down and think of ideas for the corsages and such, so will really need to go see the materials and decide if it's worth.
as for your recommendations, i've checked with them. hm, pretty outta my budget.
sad.gif

I'm also running short of ideas for the venue deco since hotel is not providing any wedding theme.
sad.gif

thommy

sinplyme: dun worry I also dunno, the link is I googled for belinda LOL

me not that anal over pics, my wife is so no choice hahahahahaha...

what's ur budget like? maybe u can narrow down to those within ur budget, then u do shortlisting from there? much easier that way
happy.gif

actually MMM is quite ok unless u want that 'pro' feel...lidat u gotta ask pros to do for u at a fee liao...we also on budget so rather DIY lor

how come ur hotel not giving u any wedding theme? which hotel is that? so funny...

thommy

sin: which hotel is that may I ask?

belinda: maybe u can source ard more...no harm expanding ur options cos for that price, a lot of other PGs also fit ur bill

thommy

bel: not bad, similar to my PG in terms of style albeit more expensive
happy.gif

he's also a member of WPJA I noticed...

sinplyme

happy girl > that's cos u signed up early. i enquired with him but apparently the price gone up liao.
sad.gif

thomas > not nice to say here lah.

xinyue

Thomas > how much did your AD PG charged? He was my PG for my ROM.. So felt that it would be nice to have him as PG again for AD. But hubby felt his rate is ex.. Any recommendations for PG ard $800, with similar standards to derrick?

Rivenwood > may i asked why are you advised against skipping VG?

happygirl198230

belinda

yeah derrick's works seem nice on his website. nowadays everything also expensive. and yeah his rate is not cheap too.

i think videography is quite impt cos it captures the mood at that time. some package dun provide video express which i think is impt. or some do not come with the edited video (ard 2 hrs). how impt do u think is the edited 2hr video? otherwise not quite possible to watch thru 10hrs of video? haha...

anyway anyone doing up their hse too? im renovating my resale. reno starting tmr!

xinyue

HG > derrick work is really nice.. I knew cos he was my PG for my ROM. haha..yi fen qian yi fen huo (generally). so far, i still unable to find a PG with work's similar to derrick and yet lower rate..
sad.gif

frankly speaking.. how often will you watch ur AD Video after the wedding?

rivenwood

Happy girl> Your VG rates are quite cheap! Are you able to provide me his contacts?

Thomas/ Belinda> I am still considering mainly bcuz hubby says like no point leh. haha. :p
Pay money and then chuck one side, just like wedding album. Haha.

xinyue

rivenwood > I see. It is true in a way.. Besides that, I presume you would have AD pics for remembrance already. The moment is captured in photo already.. Just my thoughts la..

thommy

bel: he charged me 1388...but now his rates hv gone up le I think...check with him?
he's good, me and wife like his works so chose him eventually =) ur budget is tight to be honest...not many choices in that range other than freelancers...there's a risk also if u get freelancers...

HG: my reno completed liao, just moved in yest
happy.gif
u must be v excited like me that time hahaha...

riven: if he says no pt then forget it ba...for me its a must cos I will bring it out every now n then to watch to relive the memories that day
happy.gif

xinyue

Thomas > I am on a shoestring budget.. Ur PG is charging me $1500. I like his work too.. BUt budget budget..
sad.gif
Yup.. Agreed. Have found one Freelancer who also did photography for companies.. Am not sure how reliable is he.. any suggestions on how to check?

thommy

bel: oic...his rates went up by a 100? to be honest, his works are comparable to those charging 2k or more so I still feel its value for $$$
happy.gif
we also took a long time to shortlist PG/VG...

u can't check really...just have to take a risk and go with him if budget is really tight...I'm sure u know the associated risks of going along with freelancers whom u have never even heard of?

happygirl198230

rivenwood: u can call my videographer at 9669 4588. but seems like he has increased his rates. then again, most videographers/photographers revise their rates yearly.

belinda: im not sure how often ill watch my video next time. but definately right after e wedding, i'll watch it many times.

i think videos can capture the mood better cos when i went on holiday, i kept watching the videos again and again.
happy.gif
i liked the videos better than the photos taken!

sohdabingz

I read some recommendations from other topics.
Many are going for Tuckys photo (www.tuckysphotography.com),
Coffee & Tea Dreamworks photo & cartoon (www.dreamzcoffee.com) and ichiro films video.
I checked, and quite interested in Coffee & Tea Dreamworks because they offer combo and I like the cartoon thingy, and also considering ichiro films video. I like the mood of the video lots.
Let you all know once I decided
happy.gif

happybride12

May I know whats the norms for the rates of AD PG and VG? cos i email 2 companies and they charging at $4000 and $5500 and still need top-up for the morning highlights :S

Also, is it advisable for the PG and VG to be from the same company?

xinyue

happybride > for AD PG and VG, i was offered rates <$3000 cant remember including highlights or not. advisible to have PG and VG who have collaborated before.. else end results might be you see PG blocking you in the video and vice versa.

thommy

happybride: those u emailed must be high-end ones...best to have both from same company or at least they have worked with each other before...else coordination prob might arise on ur AD.

sinplyme

thomas &amp; belinda > oh-oh, i'm thinking of engaging from different companies and chances are, they haven't work before...

happybride > i know of vendors offering both at less than or around 4k... but also must top up for highlights and stuff..

sianz, dates are near and I haven't confirm anything..
sad.gif

thommy

sinplyme: then this is a risk u have to take lor...fyi my VG was recommended to me by my PG cos they are long-time frens and have worked together many times before. It was a breeze for them on my AD, they knew what to do exactly
happy.gif

wat's ur budget like? wanna try mine? very happy with them on my AD...now waiting anxiously to see my photos and video hahaa

xinyue

sinplyme > haha. same, i have yet to confirm my PG.

thomas > advertising for ur PG again.. muz get commission from him for every successful recommendation. heehee^^

juz4wed

Happybride12, below 2k you can get very good PG+VG.. if your requirements are not too complicated. You may PM me if you need more details..

sinplyme

thomas > my budget is 1.2k-1.3k for a vg with highlights and full day edit..and everything lah.. *not sure do-able or not* then again, i'm not too sure if i need it to come earlier than 6am... *so it's an extra cost*
got any pictures/videos/website/portfolios to see?

belinda > i have yet to confirm both ad pg and vg.. quite jialat.. always outta budget. saw one pg we pretty like but over budget by $800++ so need to cut on a others, such as the vg...
sad.gif

thommy

bel: u are wrong...I dun earn a cent from him...just helping them out cos they were very nice and accomodating on my big day =)

sinplyme: I think ur budget ok, try contacting nelson (my VG), tell him Thomas introed u =)

www.nelson-film.com

just in case u need my PG details, see below link =)

www.aspirestudio.com (look for Jinghong)

xinyue

Thomas > sorry.. hope no offence. i was joking about the part about getting commission from him. of course, good offers are meant to be share

elsatham

Hi HappyGirl , update on the BS/AD PG

AD: 26 Dec 2010
Banquet Venue: Holiday Inn Atrium
Bridal Studio: My Bridal Room
AD PG: My Bridal Room
AD VG: TBA
ROM: 2nd Aug 09
ROM Venue: SPOM @ Thomson
Lovenest: Senja Grand

happygirl198230

hi simplyme

have u taken ur PS? strange how come dec this year like not many brides... hmmm i tot it shld be a popular month. i went to try my gowns already. will be taking photoshoot in june.

happygirl198230

simplyme

im thinking of railway track. haven tot of other places... but preferably no beach. u have any suggestion for places to take with evening gown?

sinplyme

happy girl > i havent started planning on those yet but I'm guessing EG must take with night scenes then can bring out the feel.. so probably places with a lot of lightings like the flyer, marina bay sands or area around should be a good bet.
happy.gif

happygirl198230

the thing is, i already took my rom pics at old parliament hse, can see flyer there. dun feel like going near city hall area anymore.

any other place tt's suitable for evening gowns?

sinplyme

happy girl > i see.. can I just check, usually how long will the crew/photographer stay out for the pre-wedding shoot (by Bridal boutiques)?
Oh, and Changi Airport? seems to be a popular spot nowadays.
happy.gif

xinyue

Happy girl > Grand Shanghai, Lunar Asian Fusion bar, Villa Bali, Dempsey, Ann Siang Hill, Labardor Park, inside GV theatres (if you do not mind)..

It all depends on whether you want outdoor or indoor shoots with ur WG