(2010/12) Dec 2010 BTB

piggyger

oops... There is another holiday inn at the ex concorde hotel. but i dont know which one it is. FH dont like Peony Jade at Clarke Quay leh. He prefers the keppel club one. But thinks its too ulu so we just drop PJ altogether. Hai.. So now, one of our selected venue is Si Chuan Dou Hua at UOB building. Love the view there and heard many gd comments abt the food. just the lay-out.... hai....

serchan

Jean...

Yup, Holiday Inn City Centre is quite nice.

Personally I like Novotel though HTB don't like. He only like 5 star brand name, so with our budget, we settle for lunch!

since u can get Trader Hotel, I'm sure u have the budget to spend.

I tot there are Hotels like Hyatt, Marina Mandarin, Swissotel (City hall) can hold smaller tables

piggyger

Trader i see is $900+nett leh.. so not too bad. Hyatt i hear is abt 1k? if all above budget den will just go for the restaurant... but just got to choose shorter gowns...
sad.gif

deborahng

rivenwood> i have been to Julia wedding and I found the gowns very pretty but the pricing was abit too high for me... I signed up with CangAi bridal in the end as their gowns are new. So if u like taiwanese style, u can go and take a look.

belinda> wat i did for mine was i took the minimal tables that is required and the coordinator told me that i just have to confirm the final list 7 days before wedding..
happy.gif
so if i dun have so many pple, then i just stick to my min tables quota...

rivenwood

Hi Lin, my email address is [email protected]
Thanks in advance for sending me the diGio package!

Hi Deb,
yea I thought Julia Wedding News gowns are really pretty. How much was the package that they proposed to u?

xinyue

Jean > Going for Joy Garden Restaurant at Safra Jurong. :S

Lin > Ok, thanks. Will bring matter up with restaurant manager during discussion. Do you mean we can actually keep the ang bao box? I thought they would want it back..

deb> which restaurant/hotel did you book with?

FYI, mine is wedding lunch.

serchan

oh Lin> u have diGio package? mind sending to me?
email address: [email protected]

jean > yup work within your budget, don't work up after your wedding banquet and feel you're in debt.

thomas > indeed, but some parents still cannot accept the fact that there's no DINNER! we have to change the way they think.

nevertheless, i must say that lunch menu is slightly less inferior to dinner menu. like my parents insists of changing fish (Sea Bass) cos say not nice. hopefully i don't need to add extra money for changing fish.

thommy

yeah, luckily for mine everyone's ok with the idea
happy.gif
its better for us also, we won't waste time after the morning activities sitting down there waiting for dinner to start. Not so tired also cos lunch will prob end by 4pm, unlike dinner which usually ends ard midnight. The rest of the time is ours, we can even go out for a romantic dinner with no disturbance
happy.gif
Can enjoy the bridal suite more also!

we find our menu quite ok though except for the fish which u mentioned, but have no intentions of topping up so staying put with sea bass too. Usually will need to top up for other more expensive fishes, but do check with your hotel/rest see if they can help u.

summerdays

Hi Rivenwood and serene, you have mail!
happy.gif

Rivenwood, my 1st choice for honeymoon is Greece! but overbudget coz we are buying our flat at the same time. Flats are so exp nowadays. So much cash involved. Guess I will settle for Maldives. Still a lovely place to go. Where do you plan to go?

Hi Belinda,
the ang bao box should be for us to keep... just like the guestbook. you can confirm with the hotel. I will confirm with my hotel too
happy.gif

serchan

Hi Lin,

thanks I've received the package.

Thomas >same thinking! we wanted to enjoy the suite too. but for us, we have 2 days to run. the day before lunch is my church matrimony and tradition custom so we will end abt 4pm then check in, next day (sun) then lunch banquet.

the hotel told us to speak to the restaurant during food tasting to see what are the fish that they can replace.

serchan

yup i manage to fought for 2 night stay! yippee...

yes hopefully i do not have to pat additional, but perhaps our parents may top up if they insists to change into better fish and i know it's definitely not cheap to upgrade

rivenwood

Hi Lin,
Thanks for the email!
I am thinking of heading down to DiGio soon!

Oh yea! Greece is really beautiful! I saw my friends travel photos and the azure blue sky and white washed houses looks perfect!
Maldives is really a great choice! But Maldives can be expensive too! So you have to do some research
happy.gif

As for honeymoon, yea I am thinking of going back Italy and maybe one other country again but hubby is thinking otherwise cuz we just came back frm Europe in Dec. So yeaps, he was suggesting Phuket for honeymoon. hehe

yoshiyoshi

hi all btbs, my AD is on 18dec,having wedding lunch..just confirmed n booked on last monday so hav to start planning for other stuff like guo da li,gatecrashing etc..

as for honeymoon, we are thinking of japan
happy.gif

ashlene

Hi babes, sorry if this has been discussed before but did anyone here face objection due to wedding held in 2010 because its tiger year?

deborahng

rivenwood> i dun remember the exact package but was bout 5k plus for everything i wanted
happy.gif

belinda> i am w OPH
happy.gif

honeymoon we are pushing it back as Im going taiwan for PS in may and i can only go during sch holidays
happy.gif

thommy

ash: there's absolutely no truth in that, so not to worry. U only worry if ur zodiac sign is Monkey cos it clashes with Tiger in 2010.

xinyue

deb > where is OPH? Just booked mine with Joy Garden.. Yeah.. co-ordinator also told me just confirm the no. of tables 1-2 weeks before.. ^^
now, need to start sourcing for wedding favours since restaurent is not providin..

happygirl198230

hi thomas,

then siao lor. my hubby is a monkey....

so the geomancer choose a date for us whereby it is a monkey day i think... so complicated... but we cant possibly postpone wedding one for year cos of this horoscope thingy...

thommy

HG: if u not pantang then nvm I guess...ur geomancer from where??? he shld know that monkey clashes with tiger mah...

haze83

Hi Lin

My AD's 26 dec. still long way to go.. ha ha..

Hi Thomas and Happy Girl,

My htb 's a half monkey oso (monkey head), but i think it should be ok this year as long as e geomancer choose e date well. anyway, if u believe it'll be good, it'll be so don't worry too much about the year

xinyue

jean >
no worries about long gowns in restaurants during march in.
I went down to Joy Garden Restaurant last weekend to walk the ground.. spacing of tables seems ok.
co-ordinator assured me that there is no problem with long gown and she showed me on the map, the route of the 'march in'.
well, i cant expect a super long march in since mine is only 13 tables..

xinyue

happy girl..

dun worry, it should be ok... since your wedding day is chosen by the geomancer.. like what u said, it is a monkey day.
there are soo many people born in the monkeys year.. in general, it doesnt necessarily means it is a bad year for all of them in TIger year.. maybe just have to be more careful..

deborahng

belinda> its orchard parade hotel
happy.gif
my wedding favours the hotel providing chocolate.. i might be having wedding cakes or cupcakes so tt will add on
happy.gif

happygirl198230

dear all,

actually the geomancer din tell us, it is a bad year for monkey to get married. only gave us a few dates.

then aft the tong shu came out, we went to ask him again, he said generally tiger year not suitable for monkey to get married.

but of cos, even if we know earlier, we wont change our plan. cos dun wanna wait one more year.
happy.gif

ashlene

Thanks Thomas for the clarification.
I'm christain so I'm not supposed to be bothered by all these anyway haha but just that so many people around me are saying the same thing, it just gets to you after awhile.

Anyway, very elated to be in this thread! I'm gonna be a dec 2010 BTB too!

Where do I start? I havent gotten anything except my BTO and Banquent venue if my SO manages to book it tomorrow.

I'm still lacking a bridal package, church venue, JP...
Do you indulge in some pre-wedding facial/spa package too?

xinyue

deb > I see.. Good for you.. My restaurant doesnt provide weddingn favour, gotta source ourselves. Where do you intend to get the wedding cakes/cup cakes?

rivenwood

Hi Lin,
you've got mail
happy.gif

Who is your coordinator?
Mine is Elson/May. Both of them are really friendly and Elson's really full of ideas and creative.

summerdays

hi rivenwood,
yeah, mtm is usually more costly than otr.
my coordinator cum designer is Casey. He is also full of ideas and creative
happy.gif

btw, how many poses do you have for your package?
hope to see you around soon

rivenwood

Hi Lin, how much more does a MTM cost than OTR?
Haha. I really love the gowns
happy.gif

As for poses, the standard package was 30poses. I manage to negotiate abit more. How many poses do you have?

Who is your MUA? I heard rave reviews for quite a number of them. Btw, can we choose the photogrpaher or will they allocated for us? I like å° Ben works.

rivenwood

Hi Deb,
I wanted to head down to JWN but in the end I was too lazy!
Wow 5k for everything you wanted.. I guess it should be very worthwhile
happy.gif

zerochristy

WTS: Nubra & Nubra Cleanser

Hi, I have the following Nubra for sale as I do not need it already. It 98% new as the Nubra is only used once. I buy the mention Nubra from US directly and you do not need to pay me the shipping fee.

Super Padded NuBra
Colour: Mocha
Size: AA
Remarks: Use only once for Wedding Photo-shot and Nubra in box.

Nubra Cleanser (Exp on Dec 2010)
Remarks: Use only 2% and cleanser in box

For both selling at S$40.00

If interested, kindly PM or email me at: [email protected]

summerdays

hi rivenwood,
I dunno the rates for OTR so I am not sure what it costs to MTM. guess its the difference between our pkg :p
I got 35 poses. What about you?
Have you choose your MUA? I have no idea yet.
I think we can choose our PG and MUA. You can request, best to require asap if you like a specific one. I have not booked either one yet. Suppose to go to take my measurement before CNY but have not hear from them. When is your AD and PS?

summerdays

Hi Deb,
How is JWN? I planned to go but after checking their rates decided to give it a miss coz its close to $5k excluding AD PG. yours is a good deal. are you going to taiwan for PS?

happygirl198230

hi lin

when i signed up for my BS package in 2008, it was $3388 for 2 OTR AD gowns, $3688 for 1 OTR 1 MTM and $3988 for 2 MTM.

but i always have e feeling MTM gowns are more plain....

rivenwood

Hi Deb,
Wow its a great deal. 5k to have AD PG!
I should have gone down to hear their package first. haha.

Hi Lin,
Oh I think my MUA is Elson. Not too sure about photographer. I think I will call my coordinator soon to check with them on my photographer. As for poses, I will email you privately. ;)

My AD is on 18 Dec.

Hmm I am wondering what does an AD package usually consist of? And how much does it cost?

thommy

HG: haha think after u see my wife's MTM WG u will change ur thinking =)

btw, she designed everything by herself with the help of internet and bridal mags =)

thommy

nope, no topping up cos it was written clearly in the agreement liao.

sure u will get a chance to see it after we get back our AD pics
happy.gif

deborahng

Hi Lin> Yupe i gave up JWN cos its too ex for me too. i planning to go taiwan but now plans might changed cos I made an offer for my flat.. so depending on COV haha.... I got 50 poses
happy.gif

thomas> ur wife design herself... haha i wanna see..

summerdays

Hi happy girl,
I guess if u have your dream gown in mind then need to opt for Mtm else will be a headache with the design :p so did u opt for Mtm or otr?
happy.gif