(2010/12) Dec 2010 BTB

xinyue

these bridemaids' dresses is actually ROM Dresses. Lol..

was thinking of asking a friend of ours to be our the AD PG, as this friend has done a good job for our ROM..

sinplyme

belinda >

i see.
but i want dresses from the similar color theme and i doubt BS would have so many of them.
happy.gif

montage is the photos... hmm, sthg like a slideshow of the photos.. from growing up to dating and stuff...?

xinyue

sinplyme >

Hmm.. if the color isnt too unique, i suppose should be ok.. how about i give u the contact details of my BS and you could ask about that?

I see.. for my ROM, our friend did a montage of our ROM pics and burn to CD for us..

maybe you could ask ur jiemeis or family member to help u with that?

haven even think about my montage yet
sad.gif

sinplyme

belinda >

i am hoping for a "uniform" bridesmaid dresses... but thanks for ur offer.
happy.gif

i think the montage, i just have to try and see if i can do it myself cos i dont wana trouble my jiemeis...
happy.gif

xinyue

sinplyme >

how about using the AD photos as montage - from the combing hair ceremony (if any) to groom leaving house to fetch you, you doing makeup, waiting for groom to fetch u, arrivals of jiemeis, groom arriving, gatecrashing, tea ceremony? that would
save you the hassle of gathering of pics..

deborahng

sinplyme > I also making JM's dress.. one of my JM found a friend to do for me.. But my JM's dress will only be uniform colour and materials ... design will be different
happy.gif

My guestbook and Angbao box i gonna DIY... guestbook will have our PS photos :0

sinplyme

hi deb,

wow, your friend's so wonderful!
happy.gif

Yups, I'm more or less intending to use the same material and color, still deciding if I want same or different design.
happy.gif
Then again, I haven't found a tailor within my budget.
sad.gif

piggyger

Hi,

I am new here. Im a BTB in Dec 2010!

Can I check with you all, any reviews on wedding banquet at trader's hotel or rendevous hotel? Any recommendations? Im having a big headache selecting the venue..
sad.gif

Thanks!!

piggyger

Hi Sinplyme,

Thanks tho. I will be going to both the hotels this weekend to view the ballrooms etc. But my heart is still with a restaurant (nice view n food). Its just the layout that Im not very happy w...

serchan

> sinplyme & belinda, thanks for the welcome.

I guess it's quite because Dec is still a long way.

> Jean, sorry me either... when's your actual big day? When I was looking for hotel, many are already book, Dec is a hot month to get married. why?

I have to do it during school holiday cos HTB is teacher so only holiday...

piggyger

Hi Serene

AD is on 17 Dec. when is yours? We are not really lookin at hotel cos we have very few tables, so cant hit their min table requirement. Anyway we are on a tight budget. Yes Dec is very popular! eh.. then how are you guys going honeymoon?

sinplyme

Jean > i see, gotta decide fast cos like serene mentioned, most are booked already. hmm, for me, I couldn't get my desired hotel cos it's taken.
happy.gif

wah, so fast thinking of honeymoon liao...? haven't really plan the post-wedding part.. .hehhe
happy.gif

piggyger

Hi Sinplyme,

If that is the case, which hotel did you book? Haha.. Im just thinkin la.. you know gers like to day-dream about such things. but i think most likely difficult to go for honeymoon... cos broke liao!! haha..

summerdays

hi ladies,

my AD is 4 Dec. but i have not been to take measurement yet. both my WG and EG are MTM. is it too late?

anyone know when will both sides' parents meet to talk about number of tables, dowry, etc? do they normally meet in restaurants or go to BTB's hse. Thanks!
happy.gif

piggyger

Hi Lin,

Maldives is beautiful. Had the chance to go there last year. Went to Maldives club med and its a definite no1 honeymoon choice. Beautiful beach... miss that place! I havnt realy think of that yet. Would love to go Europe (like those back pack kind, a few countries in a trip) but very costly, and dont think can take so many days leave.. haha!

piggyger

HI Lin,

Regards to your MTM gown.. I'm not too sure. But I heard it takes abt 2-3 mths to do up your gowns? So maybe can 'chase' the BS if you are worried?

Im gg get them to discuss during food testing la. So save a trip for my in-laws.

summerdays

hi Jean,

if its 2-3 months, it should be fine. coz my designer said my PS is in July
happy.gif
thanks.

how much did u spend in Maldives? i will love to go too. back pack is very tiring. especially after all the wedding preparation, may be a relaxing trip may be better, at least for me :p hehe

sinplyme

jean > i booked my banquet with shangri-la.

I would love to go Maldives but I also want to travel to Europe also, especially to Germany. Backpacking is fun!
happy.gif

yah, jean, how many days did u spend there @ Maldives?
happy.gif

piggyger

hi,

Lin: i think was 2k plus. (incl air tix via SQ, accomodation + food)

Sinplyme: 5D4N!

yea.. backpackin is cool!! but as age catches up... i also have doubts if i can achieve it! haha. esp if its the time of the mth... hehe!

sinplyme

jean > 2k plus per pax or 2-to-go?
happy.gif

its harder to go backpacking if it's the time of the month. For honeymoon, i think better to go free and easy europe but not backpacking. quite xiong also...
happy.gif
Backpacking to me is like staying at budget/hostels and a very budgetted travel. i doubt i want a backpacking trip for honeymoon, hehe, but i want to travel to europe SOON!, haha.
happy.gif

piggyger

Lin > wow.. 6k for europe only? where did you go? ok, im imagining 8-10k at the very least. haha. maybe i over estimate?

Sinplyme > 2k plus per person la.. where got such a good deal.. haha! yea yea true also. I want to go UK, Rome, Spain.. tink thats the main 3 countries i wana go.. :p

xinyue

Hello Jean and Lin..

Welcome onboard
happy.gif

Lin > since your gowns are MTM, suggest you can either ask co-ordinator when is suitable time for you go down to discuss on design of gowns and also to have ur measurements taken, or you can do so after CNY.. i.e sometime in Mar. Btw, my gowns are also MTM..

as for PS, suggest to do it in Jul or maybe even later.. I suppose PS is done at least 2 months before AD. But do take note of the wetter months of the year... It wont be nice if it rains during the middle of outdoor PS.

as for meeting sesson between both sides parents, mine will be meeting after CNY, date and time not fixed yet, but i presume should be sometime in Mar. Initially hubby proposed for his mom to come to my house to discuss. But later on, decided to do it at the restaurant (during food tasting).

summerdays

hi jean,
I went to Switzerland and Italy on a package tour and extended to paris on our own. 6k is excluding shopping :p plus shopping may be 10k hehe...
honestly, f&e is much more fun than package tour. but package not so tiring.

hi belinda,
thanks for your advice. i had already have the design in mind and discuss with my designer. which BS did you choose?
i dun intend to have food tasting. may be just go for dinner and discuss. do you know what to discuss? i am not very sure :p

rivenwood

Hi Ladies,
It's been a long time since I went into this thread. Been out of town in Dec and Jan is such a hurry.

I am currently BS-shopping. Finally make some appointments to go view the gowns at some BS.
I have shortlisted a few BS in mind.
-Di Gio
-Julia Wedding News
-Jess Haute Couture

I was just wondering if any of you have also been there and whats your feedback on them, pricewise, services?

sinplyme

rivenwood,

welcome back!
happy.gif

Haven't been to those u listed so cannot give comments but when I went to MBR, the in-charge there say they see DiGio as their worthy competitor so maybe it's good...?
happy.gif

rivenwood

Hi Lin,
Yeaps going to Maldives I would say is almost akin to going to a paradise island.
I went during their peak period but even so, you don't see alot of people and that's really nice.

Hi Sinplyme,
YEA!! I love GERMANY in fact I LOVEE ITALY LOTS!! hahaha

sinplyme

yupz i went to MBR. Hm, basically I didn't really find what I did after trying a few gowns so I crossed out the BS. Ultimately it's subjective to one's preference, so u will have to go down and try the gowns, experience the service for urself...
happy.gif

I think they've very good reviews on this forum but then again, it's really personal whether u like the experience or not. For me, the over-talking is quite draining.
happy.gif

For me, I shortlisted a few BS, went to the BS to 'experience' their service then look at their gowns. some places, the moment u step in, u just know it's not it. there are also some others, I take a longer time to decide between...
happy.gif

xinyue

Lin >

I see.. good for you. I am with jess Haute Couture..
I see.. Hmm.. perhaps items needed for the GDL (Bride and Groom Side) you also need to know what items you have to give the groom.. and Pin Jin, no. of tables for the banquet (if any).. I am not sure of what else to be discussed.

Rivenwood>
I am with Jess Haute Couture.. I suppose, it depends on luck with the co-ordinator, which is Jess. There is only one co-ordinator here and she is also the boss..
Have came across both negative and positive comments about her.
Would say that her gowns are rather limited (if u are comparing with those bigger bridal shops).
She is not pushy and would give you time to decide on things..

like what sinplyme said, u have to go down and try the gowns, experience the service.

xinyue

Ladies..

I am going down to the restaurant this Friday to 'walk the ground' and also discuss on the price of banquet. Any ideas what extra perks can I bargain for? Thanks in advance

summerdays

Hi Rivenwood,

I just signed up with Digio 2 weeks ago. I like their gowns and photography directed by Casey. As I just sign up so I do not know if their service will be good in a long run. But the Digio forum here are full of good feedbacks. Hope these help
happy.gif

summerdays

belinda,
you can try to exchange those stuffs you do not need to other stuffs like wine. Ask for wavier of cockage charges for wines, more compli packing, or even extra night stay if you like
happy.gif
or additional room for helpers.

rivenwood

Hi ladies, thanks for the replies.
happy.gif
happy.gif

yea I think the sales talk can be overwhelming. How long did you spend at a BS?
I don't have much time so I am thinking of setting aside 1/2 day and just do BS-hunting.

Lin, how much was your DiGio package and what does it encompasses?

xinyue

Lin >

Thanks! do most restaurants allow us to bring duty free liquor and at the same time wavier the corkage charges?

Is it necessary to ask for guestbook and ang bao box? I heard from mom that relatives usually give ang bao directly to parents before hand.

FYI, hubby and I are thinking of max 15 tables.

What happens if we are unable to commit to the no. of tables after the confirmation? I.e lets says, we booked 15 tables with restaurent, however, on AD, only managed to fill 12 tables? what happens? also, what happens if on AD, we filled more than the confirmed 15 tables?

summerdays

hi Rivenwood,
what is your email address? I will email you my package details.

Hi belinda,
most restaurants do not allow us to bring duty free liquor. All liquor have to be duty paid. my restaurant wavied the corkage charges. so we can buy our own wines on consignment at a better rate.
I can change my guestbook for a bottle of wine. I like the ang bao box they provide so I will keep that. I think the ang bao box is more for our friends and groom's relatives.
normally min tables must be met. if you have only 12 tables, you may like to look for smaller venues. else they may still charge you for 15 tables and you will lose more in the end. but i heard that guests list tends to increase closer to the wedding coz we might miss out some people. But the best way is to check with your restaurant what to do if you have 12 tables in the end. they may be able to work something out for you. my case is opp from you. I have 20 tables now which is the max for the ballroom. so I may have a problem if invited guests increase :p anyway i have back up plan... invite the rest to my church wedding hehe... which restaurants are you shortlisting?

serchan

Hi Jean,

AD-12 Dec, I'm going for Lunch @ Marriott so lunch timing is not as packed, i have more dates to choose.

Hotels with 1 ballroom usually very fast taken up as per what I hear from Marina Mandarin and Marriott. That's y many got to go smaller ballroom.

Since u have lesser no., I think it's a bit tough to get bigger ballroom. Dinner usually need min. 35 tables.

If u don't mind, smaller ballroom, there are still many choices.

Haven't decide on Honeymoon yet, but we will at least go Taiwan, depending how much we have spend by Sept...

so happy to see it's so active again... haha

piggyger

Hi Serene,

Currently, we have about 13-14 tables. Yup, agree. So I must forgo the high ceilings grand ballroom etc.
sad.gif
right now, only lookin at Traders & Rendevous (i tink their min is 15 & 18 tables respectively). So will go check it out bah.. reali shang1 nau3 jing1. if not, then will go for restaurants liao. Den I cant choose gowns w super long trains etc..

serchan

u ladies are really fast....

Lin > what's your budget?, at least got to set $800 for professional VG.

Jean > restaurants can still wear super long WG lah

summerdays

Jean,
I booked Holiday Inn City Centre. their small ballroom is also min 15 tables. looks pretty decent too. you may like to consider too
happy.gif

piggyger

Hi Lin,

Holdiay Inn city centre is the ex concorde hotel right? hee... i tink i just keep to this 2 options.. if i dont like, than I will just go for the restaurant liao.

Erm, Serene, can meh?? cos the restaurant i have in mind the tables like very close to one another. I scared I will trip and fall leh! hehe!

summerdays

hi Serene,
I looking for around $700. but cant find :p coz my HTB wanna ask friend to take video. but friend is not pro.. sure not nice rite. i dun like :p any recommendation?

Jean,
I saw Peony Jade at Clarke quay. The march in is long and straight. long train is possible
happy.gif
I heard from my friends that food is very good too. you can consider. but min is 18 tables for weekdays and 20 for weekends. when is ur AD?

serchan

Jean > can can, both my friend tried it for Peony Jade @ Clarke Quay and Joy Restaurant...

but u have to be careful, actually not all restaurants are packed. Places like Peony Jade may be a bit packed.