(2010/12) Dec 2010 BTB

wifey_vicky

jolz, ad on christmas is soooooo special.. hee

cloud, so far i have only booked my wedding banquet.. and confirm MUA and PG.. where ur banquet held at? =)

wedd8275

Hi all,
my AD is on 4 dec 2010. finally see a thread for dec 2010 btbs
happy.gif

wifey_vicky

hi chew,

ya.. i was wondering why dec 2010 thread missing and straight jump to jan 2011. so i created. hee

any of of u held ROM separate from AD?

wedd8275

Hi Wifey Vicky, ya thks to u for creating
happy.gif

Tink i will have to hold my ROM separate frm AD due to flat issue...bt stil totally hv no idea on hw to do it
sad.gif

wifey_vicky

chew,

hmmm.. u should thinking what u like 1st.. hee

i like garden wedding, so i held my ROM at a chalet which the unit surround with big garden, can oversee golf course too. most importantly i like the bungalow which is newly renovated and with modern furnishing. unit facing the sea too. hee im so excited!

between, have u choose ur ROM date already?

wedd8275

W.Vicky,

Wow ur ROM venue seems vry nice & romantic
happy.gif
so ur Rom over alrdy?
tentatively i've plan on 15th may 2010.
btw have u booked the venue for your AD & BS?

wifey_vicky

chew,

yup! i like my ROM venue very much! keke my ROM is on this coming Oct.

do u have any ROM theme in mind? like classic, fun, loving, cute, etc? =) my friend just have her ROM at the same venue as mine, u may take a look at her pictures, her ROM theme is fun and cute. http://www.mywedding.com/cyndiandaaron/galleries.html

my AD venue is swissotel stamford. how about u?

BS u are refering to bridal shop? i booked mine at JB, City Square..

wedd8275

W.Vicky,

Congrats to u..can really feel tht u r vry satisfied...thts great :D

haha i tink i wil juz have a simple ROM, mayb a small function rm with buffet. Wil only invite family members & close relatives & friends only. Saw ur friend's photos, its nice
happy.gif

my AD venue is Pan Pacific.

Ur BS in JB, thn u wil hv to travel there many times..wow 'pei fu' ur patience
happy.gif
too bad my HTB always bz wif work so dun tink can find time to do tht
sad.gif
so i can only find a BS here. Btw i've signed up wif BDC bt juz saw frm other threads tht they hv lots of negative comments...omg im starting to get worried.

jolz

vicky > AD will be at holiday inn parkview~ ROM will be holding it in coming OCT..hehe. =) so far only settled for banquet, still scounting for bridal packages..

happie to see fellow dec brides gathering here~

jolz

vicky> ooo. hehe. my ROM is on 3rd oct, AD on next yr christmas day.. urs? ^555

ROM stuff all done.. hehe.. you leh?

wifey_vicky

jolz..

haha my ROM 16 Oct, AD 17 Dec next year.. ;)

wow.. u so fast.. good good! hee my sound system haven settle yet, ROM doorgifts still need to do final finishing, my ROM dress & accessories haven choose, digital invitation haven design and send out yet.. oh my god!!! seems i got so many things not done yet.. god!

wedd8275

Hi jolz..so where will u be holding ur ROM.?

Hi vicky. BDC = Bridal De Couture.
So jolz & vicky have you all invited ur solemnizer?

wifey_vicky

chew..

yes.. already invited the jp. he is Dr Phua Tan Tee. a very nice and friendly jp. initially i call him and invite him, he told me that he got to solemnise for another couple after me, so ask me whether can start earlier as he scared there will be traffic jam and dont wish to be late for that couple solemnisation, i can see he is very responsible. then we liaise through email, he reply email very promptly, and remind me e things that i need to do like efile, vows after exchange of rings, he even give me few options i can choose for the vows. and he is very responsible, he keep assure me that its his pleasure to make our rom a wonderful one. also he ask me no need to worried at all and leave it all to him to settle because i asking him if he can solemnise in both english and mandarin. he even help us to prepare consent form with his signature then send to us by post, it save the hassle of meeting up with him..

i will highly recommend him.. =)

jolz

vicky> hehe..not fast le, cos mine will be a small affair..rule of them - keep the pace moving on, more ample time, less frustations.. =D mine will be a ROM luncheon at tunglok signatures @central..

chew> found my jp le..hehe..a lady, Dr AW..

u all need any recommendations for ur ROM dress? i can intro mine to u.. =)

wifey_vicky

jolz..

where u get ur ROM dress? i got mine from my bridal shop..

between, im searching for vendor who provide cheap sound system.. to cater for event around 50 people.. any lobang?

jolz

vicky, i got mine frm this shop called dressmeup, previously was hme based biz, but lately, sandy the owner, opened a shop at far east plaza.. they do have brand new off the rack cocktail/gowns, or u can choose to customize..

their packages are afforadable, include makeup & hairdo also. comprehensive~ hehehe. =)

for sound system, i'm not too sure le~ maybe i help u see see ard~ when's ur ROM venue?

wifey_vicky

jolz..

oh ok.. sounds attractive.. maybe can go there and get the gowns for my sisters.. hee

my rom will be at nsrcc bungalow. solemnisation at the garden. we need to source the sound system by ourselves.. i ever asked 1 vendor, they charging at $500 including a dj to play the music, so expensive.. so we are still finding.. headache..

wedd8275

jolz> thks for ur recommendations, my ROM dress is also included in my bridal pkg, so will be choosing frm thm.

sori vicky, i also nt vry sure regardg sound system.

BTW can i chk is it necessary tht we must choose the JP frm our housing district or we can juz invite anyone tht we prefer?

jolz

chew> u can just select any JP from the list~ just need to check on their availiability thats all. =)

wedd8275

jolz> ok thks...bt we can only invite thm 3 mths in advance rite?

seems like vicky jp is nt bad...mayb can consider him or mayb yours..
happy.gif

wifey_vicky

brides..

i just done my prewedding photo shoots yesterday,
wearing casual, and the album is for ROM.. unforgettable day.. so happy when i saw the preview of the photos.. hee ;)

jolz

gd for you vicky~ i'm sure the pics will turn out pretty~ =)

oh ya, u mentioned b4 ur BS is in JB, which one did you booked with? hehe..

wifey_vicky

jolz..

hee i really cant wait to see all photos now.. =P

the BS i signed with is Printemps @ City Square.. heard about it before..

wifey_vicky

BTBs,

anyone has any suggestions that which type of gown more suitable for outdoor garden wedding?

my bridal shop has limited ROM dress and all of them seems not suitable for me, but my HTB commented that long gown will be exaggerate.

what u all think?

thanks. ;)

happygirl198230

hi vicky,

im also a dec2010 btb. rom over in june this year. i think short gown will be more suitable. but long one also can. just remember to ask ur mu artist to do lighter makeup for u. hairstyle makes a difference too.

sinplyme

hi all,

my planned AD also in dec 2010.
Just to find out how do u girls source for the MUAs?
need one for my mom, mil and sisters...

thanks!
happy.gif

sinplyme

hi happy girl,

i'm still not at that step...
haven't source for a bridal studio yet...
want to ask around for more contacts, other than depending on the BS...
happy.gif

kmkt

Hi,

I'm new here. Now sourcing for BS, Photographers and venue.

I have shortlisted Sillouette, Amanda Lee and Ted Collections.

As for Photographers, I shortlisted halcyon8studio, Secret Heaven and 31 image
www.secretheaven.com.sg
www.31images.com
www.halcyon8studio.com
what's your opinion?

31 images pricing is on the higher side. Secret Heaven have got free gowns for pre-wedding shoot. Halcyon8studio also not bad.

Any Banquet recommendations? I shortlisted Waterfront Copthrone, Intercontiental and Marina Mandarin.

wifey_vicky

Hi Kathy,

i just done my measurement with ted collection for my rom dress. now waiting for 1st gown-fitting, dont know how the gown turns out.. but yap from ted is very friendly and professional, he is full of creative ideas, shall see how the gown surprised and impressed me.. hee

i saw secret heaven's work, really not bad, can consider.. =)

sinplyme

sorry, can i just ask,
BS and Photographers' not as a package from the BS?

Is the gowns from Ted expensive...?

kmkt

Hi Vicky,

Wonder how much is Ted collection? I haven't gone down to speak to them yet. But seem like quite a number of brides did their gowns there.

Yes, I think secret heaven is the only photography studio which I think their photos and price are worth considering. Some photographers pricing are really on the high side. Don't wish to overspent for my wedding then in the end no money to go for honeymoon.

kmkt

Hi Sinplyme,

Most BS Comes with gowns and photography. But I going for Designer boutique for gowns and photography studio for photos.

For me, I would want to go for A-la carte so that I can go for what I want. If BS then if the gowns is alright but the photography is not then I need to comprise which I think I will not feel comfortable.

Currently, I may not be taking the pre-wedding photography as my BF is not keen. Only going for Actual day Photography. My BF is those who not very good in front of camera. He even said if I want the pre-wedding shoot then just me alone can liao.???? HOW TO?

sinplyme

Hi Kathy,

i see. then how about bridal car floral decorations?
if you go ala-carte, besides gowns and photography, what else do u need to take care of?

happy.gif