AD: 19th Dec 2010
Banquet Venue: Novotel Clarke Quay/Phoenix Grand Ballroom
Bridal Studio: SRMT from Taiwan/Spore Studio TBC
AD PG: TBC
AD VG: TBC
ROM: 19th Dec 2010
ROM Venue: Novotel Clarke Quay
Love Nest: Woodlands
Any good recommendation for ID or Spore Bridal Studio? I need gowns/suit/makeup/hairdo on AD only
sherlin, my wedding will be 1 week before urs at the same hotel and ballroom... yeah... who is ur coordinator? mine is kevin. he is quite nice. i signed up with Rico-a-mona. used to be golden horse awards tamp. i find the gowns there quite nnice fr what i see in those bridal magazine. the service i got when i went there to choose my rom dress was good.
hmmm.....for those wedding date nearing, juz to share few tips...from my experience la....haaa:</font>
<font color="0000ff">* excel sheet for tables, arrangement of who n who to seat tgh, with floorplan muz b made, so easier to see and give guests to know what directions to walk to for their tables...please print alot copies for number of receptionists and ushers
* Brides all must have these items packed for hotel stay and wedding day...
- a set or 2 sets of casual clothes (depends how many nights staying
- your regular hair shampoo n CONDITionER!! AS AFTER MORNING, return to hotel to wash lots hairspray from hair, use conditioner 1st then shampoo then conditioner to make hair soft again...hair serum also if ok
- makeup remover!! i m using the BIORE removal wipes, very good and cheap!! =) i used abt 3 pieces to make sure NO makeup traces on my face!!
- NU Bra, nipple tape (i gt some gowns no use nu bra, thus use nipple tape to cover my spot..haaa)
- double sided tape, as some gown may have pop up ends, look no nice, so i use dbl side tape to secure loose ends..can request from Bridal studio also...
- powder, eyelash glue
- tissues, wet tissues
- hair spray, hair glitter, body glitter (i bought those glitter bottle spary kind from i think chameleon)
- tote bags (to carry them lo)
- hp/camera charger
- contact lens case, extra pair, solution and thongs (as had forgotten mine, called home to ask brother to bring for me,lol)
- extra empty hongbaos, juz in case need to give HB to VG/PG/who???</font>
<font color="ff6000">* guest book w can use markers/pens
* photo albums
* photo displays
* montages (labeled w sequence, mute or not mute)
* suits n gowns
* shoes n wedding shoes
* FLOWERS!! (some may forget! bride to carry n remember at all times!!)
* songs CDs to be played at dinner
* aNG bAO bOX (IF NOT USING HOTEL'S)
* hair wax / gel for the guys
* belts (guys)
* pants (guys)</font>
I would like to join this link..
I am thinking of getting married on 12/Dec/2010.. but I am lost on how do I start planning for my wedding. Me and HTB would like to have a geomancer to choose an auspicious date for us (GDL/An chuang and AD). Suggestions pls..
we paid $$60 in an angbow. heard that is the rate fr the friend who gave us the contact. we only got the AD dates cos tt time was still early (Aug 2008). i think we will go see him again next year for the an chuan, GDL dates. timing wise, he din say. but we dun mind cos find it very troublesome to follow the time!
Anyone interested to go to Perth in April 2010 for pre-wedding photoshoot?
I found a photographer who charges only $1250 for a 2 days photoshoot for his professional fee. This includes makeup but exclude their air tix and accomodation. We can share the cost of the air ticket for the photographer and makeup artist.
Sorry for the late updates..Just saw your posting, requesting for updates..
I ROM-ed on 8/Dec/2007 at CSC Bukit Batok, Tapestryoom..
Lovenest is Jurong West..
Bridal studio (BS) is Jess Haute Couture
As for the banquet venue, AD (PG and VG), it's TBC.
FYI, HTB and I might be bringing forward our AD to maybe Aug.. this is not confirm. If we really decided to bring forward our AD, can I still join this link?? Or do I have to change link? U/stand this link is for Dec'10 brides.. Reason for bringing forward the AD is due to family matters..
Hi Ladies, Iâ€™m a freelance wedding blogger, also preparing for my own wedding this coming March.
Wedding decadence was really birthed out of passion for stylish weddings. And as we relentlessly research for new ideas to make our day special for us, donâ€™t we sometimes wish we have a one-stop resource that we can hear from other brides and their experience as well?
How would you like to have your beautiful wedding featured in a wedding blog?
Itâ€™s really simple.
1. Photos always rocks! Just share about 10 of your gorgeous photos (either pre-wedding shoot or the Actual Day, if its over) that you would like to feature.
2. Stories seal the package. Share with me some of your special moments either during the wedding preparations, or on the actual day and I can piece them together for you. I have a set of questions prepared to help facilitate.
3. Vendors! Vendors! vendors! Share some of your vendors (florists, bridal studios, photographers, etc) that you had an awesome experience with, and how they made your wedding that much more enjoyable.
Thanks! I would prefer remain at this thread, though. Yes, agreed! Hmm.. My HTB and I are looking at max 20 tables. He enquired at Safra Jurong, Joy Garden Restaurant, which offers us around $511 per table (after discount) for weekend lunch. I was told price inclusive of free flow hard liqour, soft drinks, tea and beer.. Not too sure of the nitty gritty details though.
As for the choosing of dates, I went to Jin Diao Tong (she was the one who choose dates for my mom and my mom's relatives), as requested by my mom. Jin Diao Tong is ex!
Jin Diao Tong is in her 80s.. She also helps to choose names for babies..
Yes, I am living in the west! As mentioned, my BS is Jess Haute Couture, AD is in Oct'10 not Aug'10. Not too sure about the deco. I was just informed that free flows of hard liquor and red wine is for 25 tables and above.
You have more time to choose, prepare for wedding..
Btw, I have updated my details on one of my post on 14 dec.
have u been reading those bridal magazines? i tore out the designs tt i prefer. will let my coordinator know. but the best is of cos to try out the actual designs so u know what looks best on u. my package is also mtm. but im nt sure i wanna take tt. cos, i think many of the OTR is very pretty already. somemore i heard mtm usually less elaborate details. i prefer more bling gowns... hahaha.... i dun mind otr lah, just as long as it looks nice on me.
other than the design, i think must also know what kinda style u prefer. is it sweet or sophiscated or what... dunno bout ur body shape, but i really think if u hv a 'standard' body shape, then most gowns will look nice on you. honestly which bride looks ugly in a gown right... hahaha...
for me, i am dark. so dark coloured EG are out for me. also a little chubby. so most important thing for me is to look slimmer. hee hee.
Sigh.. Nope.. I have not been reading those bridal magazines.. Sigh.. as for trying.. It seems that my co-ordinater is not very glad to keep let me trying those OTR gowns that I fancy. She commented that it is very tiring to keep trying and only takes out a few which she thinks look nice on me for me to try. Yup for MTM, usually has less elaborate details.
The problem is.. I do not know what style I prefer and I do not know what other style looks nice on me, except Halter neck dresses. Hmm..
I would prefer something that is classy and yet simple. No need to be Blingy. Of course, It should definitely that I am comfortable and confident in.
LoL.. As for body shape.. U can say I am pluz size, u can say I am chubby.. I am a size 12. I am fair. However, no idea what color I would like for EG, though, I am thinking of wearing KUA for the tea ceremony for my side..
LoL.. BS will do best to have every bride under them to be as pretty as possible, I suppose. GOod for their reputation and also good for the bride.