(2010/12) Dec 2010 BTB

peusecret

same here, i dont have HM also.. planning to go next year or 2012.. haha, no $$..

i guess everyone is busy preparing xmas/new year and some of them go for their HM, so this place is getting quiet..

sinplyme

moonprincess,
great,starting on time at 7.30pm.
happy.gif

the emcees & some of my husband's friends did impromptu singing, making the dinner very lively!
happy.gif

peusecret

rivenwood>> same same, no spare cash to go HM..now trying to use the spare cash to clear the dinner banquets and other items also.. SIAN

mimichan

hello ladies! My wedding is over too! Arghhhh it was such an amazing experience, I am still floating! thank you for you babes who wrote on my wall on my big day to relax and have fun, was very happy and touched.
I only slept 2.5hours the night before, and didn't get any rest in between church and dinner, but I was still full of energy the whole day.
Guests all loved our surprise dance, phew! Thank God I didn't trip and fall hahaha.
I can't wait to see all the photos...

My honeymoon will be next year too... Spent quite alot on wedding so we will have to go slow now hahaha. Hopefully we can go mid-next year.
Just went to bank-in our AB $$.

a BIG BIG Congratulations to all Dec brides!! Yayy!!

worldangel

Ah glad to know that all went well for the dec brides! Now is the time to rest and finally enjoy married life hee

Mine went smoothly too, thanks to my jie meis and the xiong dis' help. Despite the initial disagreement abt the AP money and lack of enthusiasm fr some of my jie meis, they were a great help during the wedding day itself. All even returned me the AP that i gave to them, tog wif their own angpows. Very touched by the gesture
happy.gif

We were worried that we couldnt cover the cost for our banquet..but managed to make a profit of ard 2k. Of cos got some screw ups during the dinner - more than half of my muslim tables didnt turn up despite telling me they will do so up to the night before..sigh.

peusecret

glad tat u make some profit.. cause i nvr earn =(

alot of my guests just didnt turn up, quite angry with them.. my hb and I havent even start the toast ceremony, my hb's frens and colleagues already start to leave le.. (mine is buffet style)

so end up, i have to cancel the toast ceremony.. quite upset with them..

i engaged a singer that night also, so the 2nd set of performance oni left ard 20-30 ppl, quite sad loh.. =( but nvm lah, at least my family members and friends really enjoy abt it..

crazyshopper08

hihi everyone.. is all the weddings done ??!! I am really happy with mine.. my jie meis was like syaing I am super stressted that day.. haha.. but at least everything went smoothly.. now I am on honeymoon in US... really happy..

actually just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS !! have a good xmas with your hubby and family !!

worldangel

peusecret> Nvm, like what my sis-in-law said: at least you know those who really matter to you will try their best to be there! Mine got a lot last minute (up to half an hour before the dinner started) called or smsed me to tell me that they are sick la, got relatives passed away la, dunno whether want to believe them or not. But they still sent in their angpows and well wishes. Of course got a few who act blur until today...can really see who are your true friends and who are not I feel...

crazyshopper> Enjoy yourself! Which part of US? I used to study there - great place to visit! :D

sinplyme

pea > our dinner also loss.. but expected.
just that didn't expect i got lotsa fly aeroplane friends. some genuinely couldn't make it cos flight delayed in US. but some just plain "sorry i can't come", while a few, MIA without a word.
sad.gif

if i know all these pple cannot come, i might have made less loss..
sad.gif

but since it's over, no point angry with them.

now i am just looking forward to getting the post-products from my AD PG & VG.
happy.gif

worldangel

sinplyme> Yea couldn't stand those who fly aeroplane...most are colleagues. Will definitely feel awkward when I see them again (I have been on holiday since my wedding, haven't been back to work ever since) this coming Wednesday.

Got one of my guests who is from Malaysia travelled all the way to JB to realise that he didn't bring his passport! He was from KL. So poor thing, in the end had to go back home again cos couldn't cross over the customs
sad.gif

sinplyme

moonprincess > for me, some are ex-schmates & ex-colleague. Those colleagues who didn't turn up got ask ppl to bring angbao.

mimichan

Has everyone come back from their honeymoon?

Fion, thanks for recommending Irene, she did a great job for my MIL and SIL!

I've also had many many last min cancellation, in the end I could clear one big table which could sit 20pax, but this was a blessing in disguise cos I could clear the dance floor area. I told myself that I won't be upset over these ppl, cos it's out of my hand. In the end, those who couldn't come were regretting it, after seeing my wedding photos, haha. too bad.

I could cover my dinner too. But overall expenses are still quite high, yet I'm still in the mood of "christmas shopping", not good! Wedding happy mood then Christmas, then now it's New Year. Need to watch my spendings :S

Have a lovely holiday time with all your loved ones, Dec Brides! let's do a meet up soon ya
happy.gif

sinplyme

uhu~

happy new year to all dec' brides in advance!
happy.gif

Glad to know that all of our weddings have been a great success! and most importantly, those who couldn't make it to our weddings... they lugi... hehe.

yupz, let's hope this thread won't just die off...
happy.gif

worldangel

Yea, I am all in support for a meet up
happy.gif
Maybe sometime in January? When are you all free?

Actually most of you in Facebook, easier to organise events there...shall i set up a group for the brides here?

crossie

hey girls.... belated happy new year to all of you... sori unable to meet up in jan as i will be traveling alot this month due to work!!!

strikingreality

Hey Ladies,

I am a May 2011 BTB bride. Would like to seek your advice. I am looking for a JP as my first choice JP (Dr Phua) is not available on my date.

Since all of you would have gone through your ROM, can you recommend your JP if he has done well and u/ur guests enjoy the ceremony?

I just need a JP who can do the ceremony in both English and Mandarin, have own transport and will not be late.

Thanks v much for your advice!

peusecret

Hi Kass, I have engaged Dr Chung Tang Fong as my JP.

He has his own transport, and he can conduct the ceremony in English & Mandarin.

In my opinion, he is quite friendly, it is because on my wedding day, most of my guests were late, and he is OK to postpone the solemnization, not many JPs willingly to do that.

crazyshopper08

Hello everyone Happy new YEAR !!!

Kass - this is my JP Postal Code: 32xxxx
Wee Pang Kiat (Mr), JP, PBM
Tel: 62951744(O) 91833618 (HP)
Language preferred: English
Licence expiring on 31 Dec 2013
He was on the list of the ROM JPs, we got him via postal code. but he is really nice. and he drove there himself on my wedding day.

I need help ladies, I was a bride myself last year and there were a lot of help given here however I am thinking of organizing a exhibition for weddings. if there is something like that what would you like to see most. Understand there are many out there but when i was planning I find they were not much of help. so what do you brides -has -been think.. ???

worldangel

Hi everyone,

I have created a group for all the Dec 2010 brides here...hope I didn't miss anyone out. Here's the link to the group in Facebook. Do PM me your FB email address if I have accidentally forgot to include your nick >.<

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_189295627751990&amp;ap=1

Anyone else keen to meet up on 21 January (Friday)? So far, Miki, Deb and I will be attending
happy.gif
Here's the link to the event:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=183896468296407

oliviamei

Hi everyone,
My weeding AD is on 4 June 2011.Therefore,i am looking for the groom s white suit.i need the full whole set.
Anyone, if it is available, pls email the price and pictures to my email.
Email address:[email protected]