(2010/12) Dec 2010 BTB

elynh

Ooo! Lots to catch up on. It's been really hectic for me. I'm going over to Taiwan for my photoshoot on the 21st. Photoshoot on the 26th. Keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't bought shoes etc but at least complexion is finally clearing up. But now it is a bit dry.

Tsk tsk. Realised I'm not the only one with such problem. I'm guessing it is the stress!

I think we should organize a outing soon! Tea or something! :p I'm glad I found you girls. Especially ccharis. Haa! Was bitching to her over bbm. =x

Agnes:
Hate irritating people like that. >_<

Don't quarrel with your HTB over that stupid friend. Just left side in, right side out lor. If htb brings it up again, just pretend not to hear and go like... "hmm, What do you prefer? This or that?" (distractedly) Or something else, just to be totally random. The friend is not worth it.

Sinplyme:
Welcome back! Ya! It's been a month of no-activity for me too.

I guess if you want dinner to start straight after the solemnization, you can use what your hotel recommend? Cause it means dinner will start straight after your solemnization ceremony, like literally. As for the second one, I don't know how to read 晋 . If you want, I can check and get back to you?

rivenwood

hihi angelia, you are also having ur AD at mandarin oriental? who is your coordinator
happy.gif

sinplyme

g'morning ladies!
happy.gif

angelia >
will update the table in a jiffy.

elynh >
if it doesn't trouble you too much, can you help me check. I emailed the hotel too and am still waiting for their reply.
Actually, the chinese sentence is still not so bad, it's the english one I feel can be polished to become better but i just have no idea how... any suggestions?

and sure to ur tea suggestion but hor, i think i will be shy to meet in person.. hehe.
happy.gif

sinplyme

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>Banquet Venue</TD><TD>Bridal Studio</TD><TD>AD PG</TD><TD>AD VG</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>ROM Venue</TD><TD>Lovenest </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belinda</TD><TD>Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Jess Haute Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>8-Dec-07</TD><TD>CSC Bukit Batok</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>charmayne</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Swissotel MC</TD><TD>Labelle</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubblyreddy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chew</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>Bridal De Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>15-May-10</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>summerdays</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>Holiday Inn City Centre</TD><TD>Digio</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>church</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheergal</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>Grand Copthorne Waterfront</TD><TD>Bridal De Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>14-Sep-08</TD><TD>Villa Bali</TD><TD>Henderson Crescent </TD></TR><TR><TD>elynh</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>Goodwood Park Hotel</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBc</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1-Dec-10</TD><TD>Taiwan</TD><TD>Taiwan </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelia tan</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>Mandarin Oriental</TD><TD>Whitelink</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Mandarin Oriental</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>crossie</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Hotel Royal @ Queens</TD><TD>Ivory Romance</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>06-Dec-08</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Boon Lay Meadows </TD></TR><TR><TD>Deb</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>Orchard Parade Hotel</TD><TD>Cang Ai</TD><TD>Cang Ai</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>10-Dec-10</TD><TD>Orchard Parade Hotel</TD><TD>Marine Parade </TD></TR><TR><TD>RedDevil</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Simplesweet</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>Goodwood Park Hotel</TD><TD>Volan Couture</TD><TD>Volan Couture</TD><TD>Lighthouse Studio</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>Orchid Country Club</TD><TD>Upper Thomson </TD></TR><TR><TD>ccharis</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>My Humble House</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>NIL</TD><TD>11-Dec-10</TD><TD>My Humble House</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy Girl</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Novotel</TD><TD>Ricco-A-Mona</TD><TD>Eirik Photography</TD><TD>In Jack Studio</TD><TD>8-Jun-09</TD><TD>The Loft @ Fullerton</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyBride12</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel</TD><TD>White Link</TD><TD>Forest Productions</TD><TD>Forest Productions</TD><TD>12-Dec-10</TD><TD>Orchard Hotel</TD><TD>Geylang Serai </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirley Ang</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serchan</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Mariott (lunch)</TD><TD>New Seletar Br0adway @ AMK</TD><TD>emoti0npix</TD><TD>emoti0npix</TD><TD>11-Dec-10</TD><TD>Hort Park (MPH)</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wifey Vicky</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>Swissotel</TD><TD>Printemps</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>16-Oct-09</TD><TD>Nsrcc bungalow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggyger</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mimichan</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>Tanglin Club</TD><TD>Silhouette</TD><TD>Lightedpixels</TD><TD>Substancefilms</TD><TD>17-Dec-10</TD><TD>Church</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>cloud</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Holiday Inn PV</TD><TD>Julia Wedding News</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures</TD><TD>Mirage Pictures</TD><TD>5-Dec-09</TD><TD>Swissotel Merchant Court</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>KK</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Novotel</TD><TD>Fame Bridal</TD><TD>Phototerrain</TD><TD>Phototerrain</TD><TD>6-Jun-09</TD><TD>Beach Culture</TD><TD>Straits Vista @ Marsiling </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jocelyn</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Noble House</TD><TD>Bridal Concept</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>18-Dec-10</TD><TD>Tung Lok Noble House</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>taniatay</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>The Fullerton</TD><TD>Feline</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>18-Aug-09</TD><TD>Raffles Hotel</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>sinplyme</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Shangri-La</TD><TD>The Aisle</TD><TD>CS Lim</TD><TD>Clip</TD><TD>18-Dec-10</TD><TD>Shangri-La</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>rivenwood</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Mandarin Oriental</TD><TD>DiGio</TD><TD>Coffee&amp;Tea Dreamworks</TD><TD>Coffee&amp;Tea Dreamworks</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Old Parliament House</TD><TD>Sky @ 11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Julie</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Fairmont</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>18-Dec-10</TD><TD>Swissotel (Fairmont)</TD><TD>The Peak @ TPY </TD></TR><TR><TD>winpaz</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Peach Garden @ 33</TD><TD>The Aisle</TD><TD>The Aisle</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>16-Oct-09</TD><TD>Peony Jade @ Clarke Quay</TD><TD>Seng Kang Coral Spring </TD></TR><TR><TD>yoshiyoshi</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>kaijia</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Pioneer Spring</TD><TD>Thomson wedding</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>18-dec-10</TD><TD>Pioneer Spring</TD><TD>buangkok vale </TD></TR><TR><TD>crystang</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Peony Jade Keppel Club</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>lymo</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Changi Village</TD><TD>The Aisle</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Agnes Goh</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>Grand Copthorne Waterfront</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>9-Nov-09</TD><TD>ROM Registry Office</TD><TD>Signature Park </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherlin Lee</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>Novotel</TD><TD>SRMT (TW) /</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>19-Dec-10</TD><TD>Novotel</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>Soh da bing</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>Amara</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>Coffee&amp;Tea Dreamworks</TD><TD>Coffee&amp;Tea Dreamworks</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xxhh</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>Golden horse bridal</TD><TD>Kelvin Soo</TD><TD>robin of captured moments</TD><TD>10-Oct-10</TD><TD>space @myhumblehouse</TD><TD>tanjong pagar </TD></TR><TR><TD>meebo</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Sheraton Tower</TD><TD>WhiteLink</TD><TD>WhiteLink</TD><TD>WhiteLink</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Sheraton Tower (Outdoor Waterfall)</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>charmayne</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Swissotel Merchant Court</TD><TD>LaBelle Couture</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Swissotel MC poolside</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolz</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Holiday Inn PV</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3-Oct-09</TD><TD>Tunglok Signatures @Central</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elsa</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Regent Hotel</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>My Bridal Room</TD><TD>Images of Wisdom</TD><TD>2-Aug-09</TD><TD>SPOM @ Thomson</TD><TD>Senja Grand </TD></TR><TR><TD>haze83</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>triple78</TD><TD>1st Jan 2011</TD><TD>Holiday Inn Atrium</TD><TD>The Aisle</TD><TD>The Aisle</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>26-Dec-09</TD><TD>Hort Park</TD><TD>Punggol Residences </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kathy</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Ted Collection</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</td></tr></table>

rivenwood

angelia: mine is eve.
happy.gif
have you done your food tasting yet?

hi ladies, any recommendations on some romantic songs? Im cracking my head for my march in, photo montag, video montag songs. haha!! I used to daydream on the songs that I would want to play on my wedding but now, I just can't think of any! omg

xia1218

<font color="0000ff">
Hi I'm another btb for 18th dec...
I need help~~anyone of you are having ur solemnisation and banquet at the same day? I have problems planning the schedule as I had alrdy cfm Dr Phua to be my solemnisor but he's only available at 9pm
Can anyone share with me your schedule for ur AD and ur emcee script?
thanks.. ^.*</font>

hi rivenwood, mine is a lunch session with family, only abt 8 tables, so we are nt entitled to free food tasting. the best that sandy can offer is at 40% off, so we are still wondering if we will take it up.

have you done yours? if so, how is it?

u shd try that cd shop. i am intending to use their high society collection. infact, they have a couple of chinese oldies album recently. it was surprisingly very very nice! since it's gonna be mainly relatives for me during lunch, i am thinking of doing a mix of chinese and english songs....

sinplyme

rivenwood > so fast u are thinking of wedding songs liao... I'm still prepping for the venue floral arrangement &amp; etc... :x

in fact, I'm still vexing over the inserts wordings...

just to ask for opinions:

which one sounds better?
1. "wedding solemnisation begins at <time> sharp followed by dinner"
2. "wedding solemnisation begins at <time> sharp dinner to be served after"
3. "wedding solemnisation begins at <time> sharp dinner to follow"
4. "solemnisation begins at <time> sharp wedding dinner to follow"

xgeniex

really not easy to plan a wedding! Furthurmore, we have work commitments and other stuff to bz with! I'm been so bz with frens' wedding prep that I felt stressed, and I think my pimples are stress-related. Now that their wedding is over, the pimples disappeared. I'm changing to my new job soon and my wedding date is near. I really hope those stress-related pimples won't appear again!

mimichan

>rivenwood, I am also sourcing for songs now!! Songs really change the mood so I select different type, like some "drama" songs and others abit more fun, jazzy etc. but I need many more songs for my montage video, dinner, march-in, etc....

>sinplyme, I like 4
happy.gif

>lyra, I just changed my job too! and I'm moving to our new place next month, so need to buy furnitures, arrange for renovation etc. so busy.
furthermore we're travelling from this weekend,for 1 week. Don't be over stressed, try to relax and take care of your complexion ya.. I need to return to my facial too.

I just had a shock yesterday, my gown designer thought that my wedding was Dec 2011!!! No wonder he was so relaxed. I pressed him that he HAS to finish in time, he said it should be ok.
Going to see him tomorrow to discuss on evening gown and cheongsam... haven't decided yet!

And I still need to lose weight and get into shape, my photoshoot will be from 12 Oct in perth.. need to source for gowns to wear for this one too. ah! shoes also...

but somehow I'm very confident that everything will fall in place nicely by the X-day. So not worried too much. Invitation mock-up was sent last week and I love it!

sinplyme

mimichan >
your MTMs shld be still in time. I just finalised my MTM design with my designer on monday and he said it will be in time. afterall, they are doing business...

to be honest, for the inserts, after gathering all the feedback on the different threads in this forum, i'm wondering should i just go with what the hotel printer has suggested or ... change to make it sound more 'elegant'.

still, would appreciate if anyone knows and can share with me the 'standard' wordings they would put on the inserts for solemnisation before dinner?

happybride12

sinplyme: Are you inviting all for your solemnisation? For mine, it will be more for immediate family members just an hour before dinner at a function room provided by the hotel. So will not include that in my inserts. Btw, how much are you paying for your inserts?

meebo: whitelink takes time to do the touch-up of the photo, the layout (approx. 1 month) and the printing of the album (approx. 1 month). I like the layout that he did for the album =) though i only use 28 photos as no $$$ to top-up.

meebo

hi HappyBride12

So total WhiteLink will take about 2 months ro produce the album??

Btw, the photographer is the 1 who will be doing the layout for the album right?? Who's ur Photographer???

I've got 30 photos so also dun intend to top up for more photos. Kinda budget la.

deborahng

sinplyme> check w the printers? usually they have the phrasing ?? i also doing ROM at the same time but mine is at 7pm, so i will only invite close friends and relatives then the rest i will put cocktails at 715, dinner start at 730 or something. i find its good to put timing in so pple know what is the timing like.

I intend to close or lock the doors once my ROM starts as i dun want pple walking in.

kiwifruit

Hi, I have 13 bottles of red and white wine left over from my wedding just recently. 6 Red - Merlot, Canepa 2009 &amp; 7 White - Sauvignon Blanc, 2008 originally priced at 300 dollars in total now going for 200 only. Grab them while stock lasts.

crossie

elynn... thanks for the encouragement... already used to those 'friend' lo... just wanted to rant only.. fine liao.. gonna be super busy recently... lotsa to do... needa go back to my hubby house to paint and shop for new furniture lo... so so much to do...

guess u gals be super busy also... its getting nearer and nearer...

deborahng

agnes> same same now busy cos house reno gonna start. been quarelling non stop recently. haiz... over nonsensical stuff.. so irritating

rivenwood

angelia> i havent done my food tasting. scheduling it in oct
happy.gif
when both sets of parents meet and probably discuss about the tables and stuffs. i will prob go check out that cd shop and take a look at the compilations.
The new ruling on the music license really gives me a headache.

sinplyme> haha yea. I'm mulling over the songs choices. I guess because I did my ROM last year so one less worry for me. I think No 1 and 4 sounds ok. Actually you can check with the printing shop on their recommendations on the wordings. They usually have a template.

mimi> I like very emo songs but its not really good to play it on a happy occasion. So I'm trying to look for those meaningful or those that struck a chord.

deb> same here lah. Im like doing 90% of the work and sometimes I really feel like strangling HB. haha. Sometimes I really feel that wedding brings up alot of unnecessary quarrels.

happybride12

meebo: yup. My PS is in mid-June then can only collect all the album, mini-albums, coffee table plus the 4R photos in mid-October. The photographer is different from the person who is doing the layout. Mine is vincent.

lucky for me, reno is more or less done aldy. furniture all buy liao. But cannot sit/lie on the bed :S cos of the myth that you will have morning sickness if you use the bed before your wedding. of cos got disagreements, but things will work out fine in the end =)

meebo

A total of 4 months to do all these?? Guess i only got bout 2 months left after photo shooting.

Hmm... i was given the information by WhiteLink that layout was also done by the photographer. Strange.

Anyway, we will se how.

Initially my photographer was also Vincent. But later was change to Guorong. Hopefully he's good. *cross fingers praying hard*

crossie

deb>> relax, wedding is happy occasion, despite of different ideas, try to accomodate, maybe after discussion, there will be better ideas. me and my hubby also quarrel alot at first until almost wanted to call off the whole wedding but now we try to discuss more cos generally its about the new life that 2 of us going to spend right?

i know its stress and difficult to control sometime but step back and relax before continuing the topic lo.

deborahng

rivenwood> haiz.. cos they are from mars ma.. dun understand us. My htb let me make decisions on wedding so not that bad.

agnes> haha we quarrel over small matters but lucky htb is sweet la. so he will always coax me after that.

ccharis

MIA-ing for a week, so much to read, heh!
I'm waiting to go for studio PS -- couldnt sleep leh; went to bed at 1+AM and woke at 5+AM, ugh!

Not to mentioned I had a looooong tiring week! + tiff with HTB too...
I've been smoking like a chimney too, gosh!

Always bochup/chinchai then suddenly want to chup!
Got malign for making own decisions when it was communicated &amp; he agreed -- but left in, right out!

I agree with all of you, and as we're nearing the date with loads of prep works, so am I experiencing a rise in arguments!
Anyway no more rants, am *trying* to compose myself to be in my best composure for later.

----------

Sinplyme: My take is "solemnisation begins at <time> &amp; dinner/cocktail RECEPTION to follow. Dinner starts at <time> sharp.

I marked reception in caps for you (cannot underline here leh) because with this term 'reception' -- I think the guest would have enough common sense to read the meaning loh, yet being put in tactful manner... I wont want to have guests marching in together with us, so it's best to put things clearer to avoid misunderstanding/confusion. That's where "Dinner starts at <time> sharp" confirms again that the wedding couple is particular/assertive on punctuality.

The above is what I intend to print initially with the idea of inviting all dinner guests to the solemnisation but had since ditched because I wanna include the jincha AFTER the solemnisation; BEFORE the dinner. So as to avoid disasters on AD we're only going to bring the family &amp; relatives, as for the few close friends (most if not all are already helpers of our event) would either adjourn to prep for the night OR can proceed to cocktail reception if they are not involved in the behind scenes.

How many guests would you have if you planned for all of them to come for the solemnisation?

----------

Let's do a gathering when Elynh is back in October?
We could share our ideas and flood each other with our own rants, lol!

rivenwood

Agnes: same here. My hb n I quarreled until we nearly called off the banquet. That period was crazy. I nearly reconsidered everything.

Deb: yeaaa! My hb really left me to decide everything. Sometimes I really wish he would participate abit more. Leaving everything to me makes me feel like I am so desperate to get married.

crossie

Morning girls...

I did my trial make up for AD yesterday, the make up was good but only the evening hairstyle; its nice yet i'm not really satisfy and duno where went wrong... is it advisable if i tell my MUA on the AD about a brand new design for the evening hairstyle? or should i go down to her shop and discuss with her in advance?

What you gals think? STRESS!!! i got break out even tho i ate tonnes of chillis recently loh... think must find alternatives liao...

>> ccharis, i have been smoking alot recently also, but my MUA advice to cut down cus she said it will affect the skin, dehydrates!! Trying my best tho, hope you can also, so to be a nice nice bride!
happy.gif

meebo

Hi all btb

Do any of u here need to purchase ur own hard liquor??

I'm definately one of those as my hotel is not providing me with any.

Thus, would like to ask where to purchase and how much?? My friend has told me that i can get from those wholesale. Tried calling but no one answer.

Help!!!

crossie

Hi all.. any of you doing gel nails or arcylic nails for your AD??? I am thinking which 1 should i take, any recommendations, which is better?

ccharis

Agnes, I suggest you start googling for samples &amp; email her if possible. Last minute, harder to discuss and control the outcome.

Just had my studio shoot last Sat, thank Jesus it turned out good, but like you, I went unprepared, so didnt really like my hairstyle (and didnt know what else to change to because I have no samples to show) -- hoping that it would turn out well. So, am now gonna start trolling the net for hairstyles for O/D next month.

For effective pimples/acne busters -- I still swear by Head &amp; Shoulders (the original). It contains an ingredient called zinc-dunnowhat &amp; helps control sebum, abeit it's drying so best slap on some moisturisor after washing.

Apart from stress, sometimes the more facial session we go, we tend to see more breakouts. It's because of the facial massage they provide, so maybe on your next visit you wanna ask them to skip that? Sleep early &amp; drink lotsa water too!

I agree on the smoking part, but cant help it leh... These days I remind myself &amp; try to stub out at the half stick mark. Aside dehydration, it makes our skin look dull too. Ya, let's help one another, lol!

-------

I like to ask if you babes have any venue suggestion for outdoor shoot? We can pick 3-4 venues... I would prefer something indoor with aircon because HTB is made of butter, PG suggested National Muesuem. Comments please!

P/S: Already decided on Sentosa &amp; Alexandra Hill, thats why I wanna mix with some better, cooling environment to shoot so HTB feels better = longer patience! Hehe!

ccharis

Meebo, first you have to understand wholesale doesnt mean cheaper -- because if we go individually we do not have the volume to justify. I have discussed this with Elynh before, and if you are keen, we can all combine our orders. What do you need, and roughly how many bottles? Also, if you dont mind, I have to wait till Elynh's back then can further discuss.

Hmm, alternatively you can try Quaich Bar at King's Centre, Havelock -- they carry an extensive range of whiskey &amp; thought of going there if the above plan fails to materialise since we reckon most of our guest appreciate a good glass of whiskey more, heh!

ccharis

Agnes, my manicurist recommended me acrylic over gel because they are more sturdy &amp; lasting. Indeed!
I had fixed couple of my 'missing nails' before our PS and had nailart done too.

Apparently the crystals start dropping off my natural nails just days after the session in as much as I try to 'protect' them whereas it lasted perfectly on acrylics for like 2+ weeks, with ZERO maintainence! Amazing!

Hmm, I go to Juup nails @ Devonshire, because it's situated near my home. Wonderful service, very pampering...

meebo

hi ccharis

Of coz i dun mind combining if we are able to get them at a cheaper rate.

Actually i've got no idea how many bottlee i need.

With an estimate of 25 to 30 tables, any advice on the number of bottles??

And most probably i will be getting Martell.

Thanks!!!

elynh

Hello!

Sorry I've kinda disappeared. Arghh! Tons to do, but at least I confirmed my SG photographer! My guests are so up for a cam-whore session at the dinner (They can take photos on the day and card sized photographs will be given to them)!

Will be only be able to confirm my MUA but I found one that I think I like and moreover, her price is right!

So what's left is invitation cards and liquor. Saw some nice invitation cards but have to ship from Indonesia. >_< So I guess we can think about it. Also, I think we can get Martell at around $80 at some shops. Need to source for that soon. Or do you girls have any suggestions?

rivenwood

ccharis: I did mine at National Museum. It's really a nice place to take photos. Got that kind of colonial feel, if you have such theme.

meebo/ccharis: Im thinking of getting champagne. Im mulling if I should just ask friends to buy it from DFS instead.

agnes: haha I think I will just do the normal mani and pedi.

to all: I can't believe it's less than 3 months!
We just did our first round of dropping the bomb over the weekend. Suddenly I feel so stressed~

sinplyme

hi all,
MIA-ed over the weekend.

rivenwood > just to check, are duty-free drinks allowed? my hotel doesn't allow that...
my fmil is getting the wines/liquor thru her friends' contacts so i left it to her to make the arrangements.

and you're so fast! i haven't got my inserts printed yet, not to mention my guest-list, it's not even ready!

agnes > i'm no expert in nails but i heard gels are kinda harmful to ur nails.. correct me if i'm wrong...
happy.gif

ccharis

Rivenwood, have you gotten your PS pictures?
If yes, you mind sharing with me please?

As for dutyfree -- our venue doesnt allow too. I reckon most places would not allow so best double check again.

elynh

Hi dears, you can use the duty free liquor if you bring it to the tax office and pay tax for it. Just show the hotel the receipt and it'll be ok.

ccharis

Leychey leh...

Unless, the cost savings is huge but then again...
Pay tax liao, should be +/- retail price leh.

DFS also dont have bulk discount if we all combine woh.

deborahng

agnes> i usually do gels
happy.gif
i did for PS and it lasted me bout 2 mths. Haha i love doing gels

ccharis> i not buying hard liquor but do let me know abt the wine ya.

riven> me getting champagne too
happy.gif
haha but not many bottles.

rivenwood

to all: oh! I didn't know that! yikes. I better check with my hotel on this.

sinplyme: haha.. I just wanna let my friends know so that they can save the date esp since 18 dec is quite a hot date and we seem to know of friends getting married on that date too.

ccharis: yea. I've gotten my photos. Can you PM me your email? I can send you some photos. I have not upload any to Facebook or multiply cuz I want to give a surprise
happy.gif
And I was thinking of only posting the photos after my banquet. Haha.

dear all, need advice of those who have ROM.

my JP can only arrive at 1pm. if wish to commence lunch at 130 is it possible? anything later than that seems too late. so will half hr be sufficient?

thanks

sinplyme

hi girls,

I don't know if it's a bad Tuesday or what... but negativity is pulling me down... I don't know, as the BIG day gets nearer, I'm get more and more of the feeling of calling off the banquet and just settle for a simple ROM ceremony!
Tell me, is this the pre-wedding jitters/symptom or what... will it get over soon...

sad.gif

sidenote, what cars are u girls using for the AD?

too many things bogging me.
sad.gif

sorry for my incoherency and ranting... just need to get sthg off the chest.
sad.gif

ccharis

Rivenwood: My email is [email protected]
Thank you so much babe!

----------

Angelia: According to our JP (whom's our Pastor) it takes +/- 20 mins for Christians. I heard from other churchmates got to light candles or something like that, so I think if just sign papers should be around 10-15 mins loh...

I think commencing lunch at 1:30PM sounds fine.
Just make sure you have reception from about 1230PM so it allows people to arrive &amp; not walk in during your ROM ceremony?

---------

Sinplyme: Pour it out, you'll feel better...

Just couple of weeks ago, I'm going thru what you are now -- everything was going against plan! I took a week's rest on the wedding preps &amp; just dont think about anything related. When I returned, not only I feel much better, but had better perspective of things (at times it's good to de-clutter your thoughts/ideas too). I've accepted the way things turned out to be, and now I am even preparing our own handmade wedding invites!

Put the timeline aside, I know we're all closing in on the BIG day but sub-consciously it is putting alot of stress on us, the BTBs.

To your sidenote: We'll be using our own cars.
Maybe for PG o/d shoot we would use his "play/toy" car &amp; for AD we would use the daily driver since it looks more elegant too.