(2010/11) November 2010 BTB

dinitegrity

Elbarc,
Yes I did went to him.. You went to him too?
His house very nice rite!? The scenary and view..

All,
Hey people, just to let you all know that I am doing diamonds biz and can get certified GIA/AGS diamonds. If you all know any guys wanna proposed to their gf or know any girls wanna buy diamonds. And don want pay the high retail price in Singapore, can you refer them to me please?
My number is 98578031...

I need to know their budget, shape of diamond (heart, round, emerald, pear, princess, marquise, oval, radiant etc), size of ct they looking at, acceptable color and clarity range.

Thanks for helping...

yuki_21

Hey Elbarc :

Thanks for the photo..holiday Inn PV out cos my buddy had hers there...
Looking at furama riverfront and also the other holiday inn .

And sure your photo helps alot ! Thanks a Mil.

geriko

Hi all,

I will most prob be a Nov 2010 BTB too.. had jumped from Jul 2010. Saw Long shifu last week and seemed like Jul 2010 is not very auspicious for us. Most prob like most ppl we will be choosing 14 Nov 2010 too!
The only thing now is waiting for FFIL to nod his head to this date.. if not need to change again.
Somehow he say Sunday is not a good choice for dinner cos ppl need to work on Monday. But Sunday lunch sounds good too right? But his grandma say lunch is for Hainanese only... Haiz..So difficult to settle with a date.
sad.gif

Any advice?

flyingstar

huh? lunch is for hainanese?? hmmm...this is the first time i heard of it...nowadays a lot of ppl throw luncheons...i have like 2 cousins and a few friends who also had luncheon weddings. i personally think it's good because i have the evening to "digest" the lunch and then don't have to worry about going home late.

how about saturday dinner? or friday dinner? hmm...at least people don't have to work the next day. but of course the price also very expensive...but give and take lo...if you are not going to throw a big grand wedding then the costs (or losses) won't be too high.

somehow i get the feeling that your folks prefer a saturday dinner...because no need to work on sunday and it's not a lunch...

but i'm having luncheon on sunday too!! unlike most btbs here my date is 7 nov. hehe. after we booked our banquet, me and bf feel so slack over everything else!! geez. need to get the BS booked also...but we are so not looking forward to it.

I find that a lot of the BS ppl tend to be very pushy...very stressful man...

vernica

same feeling flyingstar! after we booked banquet, feel super relax n slack over everything else. a bit more kiasu than you, we have booked our BS.
happy.gif
)

geriko

this is such a headache.. after finding out from some aunts and friends, my htb's family thinks its ok to have luncheon..hopefully we can confirm this by tmr then can book the banquet venue.
If having luncheon means that the tea ceremony and etc will have to be done on another day right?
btw, i booked the BS even before I confirm the banquet. was kind of "pushed" into signing the package.. now a little regret abt it.

flyingstar

vernica...haha, i think we are all the same. thinking that the day is still far away!! lol. which BS you chose and why?

geraldine...relax!! tea ceremony can be together with ur luncheon. i intend to do mine before the lunch. so that guests wont be late and we can start on time. heh. alternatively you can have yours after the luncheon...but for gatecrash and all that, must see whether you have enough time in the morning or not.

pauline...finally found someone same as me! haha. my hotel is marriott. but BS still in limbo... :p how about you?

geriko

yah doing my best not to get too stressed over this.. anyway, now my HTB's family has chosen another date.. 2 Jan 2011.. from Jul to Nov and now Jan... I shall move myself to the Jan 2011 thread then.

vernica

Hi flyingstar,
my BS is Digio, erm, no why, was very comfortable with the coordinator.

Geraldine, u may stay here to chat and exchange info. no worries
happy.gif
mine is also luncheon, intending to do my side of tea ceremony at the hotel cos the suite is quite big plus i was given a day room for helpers. wasn't quite interested in the gate crash thingy so we might have ample time, but then again, all up to my 'sisters'

flyingstar

vernica, you signed up during those wedding show? or you walk-in? i heard at wedding shows perks are better...but I also dunno whether it applies to all BS.

Guess i better get started on researching for BS already...seeing that most of you already booked it! >.<

yuki_21

flyingstar (flyingstar) : I suggust you go down to see the gown before you go for the wedding show. Cos at the wedding show there is no gowns and etc. Go down to see the style, the material etc...
The things are all rather standard.

Some BS that i shortlisted is Digio, Labelle, and another one at bugis(i forgot the name) I like digio photographer, labelle gown . End up i took labelle.

so after u see..u can consider to take there or go take at wedding show.. there is alot of wedding show..so no worries.

vernica

hi flyingstar,
we went to collect photos with BTB's sis, who is happily married now. she took up french and have neg. feedback so we went down to 'experience' it ourselves. very hard selling and we very bad, told that lady off.

then went to look around tanjong pagar area and settled for digio.
happy.gif

yuki_21

vernica L boo (vernica) : Ya..heard alot of bad comments for french lah...price also steep... hahahaha

Pauline (zhu) : how is the place at M hotel ? you got any photo ?? How is thepackage also ? care to share ?

flyingstar

hi yuki! ya i thought of going down to BS first and take a look, before committing to anything. But i'm scared of the hardselling and then i also dunno what exactly to look for. frankly i think all the gowns look the same and photography looks similar...haha.

but i have read around...there are certain BS which must be avoided! haha. So at least i started somewhere... :p

Dear all November 2010 Brides and Grooms to be

We have just revamped our new website with updated wedding photos and also you will find wedding tips and information which might be helpful to you when doing your wedding preparations.

Example like :

* Wedding Speeches
* Wedding Mistakes To Avoid
* Wedding day emergency kit to prepara
* How to look Good In Your Wedding day photos

Hope it will help you guide through the steps with tips and different ideas to make your wedding unique.

In conjunction with this, we will be running a promotion for pre-wedding photography in Singapore from now to 31st August 2009.

Shoot dates can be booked for 2009 or 2010, local as will as oversea.
Do email us if you require further details,

Hope everyone will enjoy our new site!

www.secretheaven.com.sg

S.K
Sales Coordinator
Secret Heaven
Tel: +65 623 55855
Homepage: www.secretheaven.com.sg
Email: [email protected]

zhu

Hi Yuki..

i signed up during their roadshow promotion. My pkg is as follow:

Sumptuous 8-Course Chinese menu
· Pre-dinner cocktail from 7.00pm onwards
· Choice of free flow of beer OR one (1) bottle of house wine per confirmed table
· Free flow of soft drinks and chinese tea throughout dinner
· Waiver of corkage charge for hard liquor and wines brought in for the Function.
(Liquor must be fully duty paid &amp; sealed in accordance with the Customs &amp; Excise Law of Singapore. The Hotel
reserves the right not to serve any duty-free liquor at the Function)
· One night stay at our Sea View Bridal Suite with welcome amenities for the newly weds
(Check-in: After 2.00pm &amp; Check-out: 12.00noon)
· A delightful American breakfast for two (2) persons in the bridal suite OR buffet breakfast at the Executive Club Lounge
· Multi-tier model wedding cake for cake cutting ceremony
· Exquisite champagne fountain with one bottle of champagne for Couple’s toasting
· Chair covers to enhance the elegant ballroom
· Choice of Elegant Wedding Floral Decorations
· Atmospheric dry ice effect &amp; fanfare for Bridal March in
· Choice of unique wedding favors for all guests in attendance
· Complimentary car park coupons for 20% of confirmed attendance
· Exclusively designed wedding invitation cards based on 70% of confirmed attendance (Printing of Inserts Not Included)
· Beautifully designed guest signature book &amp; ang bao box to let your guests leave their best wishes
· One complimentary food tasting for ten (10) persons
· Pre-dinner snack served to the bridal suite upon arrival on your special day
· Indulge yourselves in the comfort of the bridal suite with our post-dinner snack after the wedding celebration
· Complimentary usage of a high resolution LCD projector to showcase your montage

WEDDING EXTRAVAGANZA 2009 ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
· $1388.00nett rebate off total banquet bill
· One (1) bottle of house pour red wine per confirmed table
· One night stay in the standard room with breakfast for 2 person (Check-in: After 2.00pm &amp; Check-out: 12.00noon)
· 1st Year anniversary weekend stay in the deluxe room with breakfast for 2 persons
· Complimentary upgrade of City View Suite to Sea View Suite

zhu

Flyingstar...
you might want to try La-Vie. You will be dealing directly with the designer and not coordinator. No hard sell. They will allow you to try their gown, no obligation

And they only have 1 pckg, unless other BS.

Check out their review.

cheer
happy.gif

yuki_21

Pauline (zhu) :Thanks !! seems like not bad.. but how much is per table ?? Is it the one at web site ??

Flyingstar : these are those i pick out..
Lavie (end up never go down since i got mine ),Labelle, Di gio and my bridal room

zhu

Hi yuki, i dun know abt the web site. Mine is a weekend dinner; $788 nett per table
happy.gif

Flyingster: have you got your PS?
happy.gif

flyingstar

Hi Pauline...PS is??

Still havent got down to settling BS. Been busy busy...especially just went for short getaway during the weekend!! hehe.

But I will take into considerations those that you ladies have posted here!! Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Oh by the way for those who are interested, this weekend there are a couple of bridal shows! At Suntec and Raffles City...
happy.gif

flyingstar

vernica....i'm still slacking! hahahaha...

my bf cannot make up his mind on the photoshoots...first he wants overseas, then he wants local, then now he is thinking of overseas...again!

i think he more vain than me...

zhu

haha... look like nothing to do at the moment esp AD, BS and Dinner settled..what else ah??? ;p

flyingstar

lol i wish we can do both but there is still the $$ factor... :p i dun think with 4k we can settle both together right?

pauline...i think really got nothing to do...at least for this year...i think the real planning will kick in next year! but now can start looking for songs for the wedding, look for nice WG styles to discuss with your BS? hmm...

zhu

ya agreed... i'm waiting for BS ppl to call me for gown selection... wedding song ah...hhhhmmmm i have a long list to chose from hahaha... things i have settled so far:

AD Sched
Jie Mei and Xiong Di
Guest list - 75% done

Now planning for honeymood.. hee ;p

flyingstar

wah! so efficient...

compared to you i think i'm super slack..havent even got around to inform my friends of my wedding. hee.

but i already plan what song to play for my 1st dish!! haha. as if it's very important like that... :p

so where you going for honeymoon??

vernica

wow ladies,
i havent think abt song, haven think abt guest list, havent confirm jie mei n xiong di also.

haha,

but i do know where i wan to go for honeymoon!
happy.gif

zhu

we only inform our close friends so far...my hubby shortlisted a few places... Japan, NZ, Aust or Korea.

Vernica: where are you going for your honeymoon?
happy.gif

flyingstar

i plan to go NZ too!
Going to plan a self-drive holiday so that we can relax after the wedding. hehe.

alternatively should be japan...we love the hot springs there.
happy.gif

Vernica...must prepare a lot of money if go states! my bf's friend went there for honeymoon also...spent 20k total. lol!! if you love shopping definitely will spend a lot!! there are so many factory outlets...hee hee.

flyingstar

haha pauline, if we both choose NZ then really so qiao! haha.
happy.gif

you going straight after AD? me and my bf decided that we shall go 1 week after, because i think after AD must clear up the stuff like return bridal gowns, settle payment, photos...etc.

suddenly i realise now 7th month, by right cannot plan for wedding right?? so busy for the last few wkends, kept postponing the visits to BS to the next wkend until now.

yuki_21

how i envy u gals...my honey moon at most go HK. Cos both of us still studing ..so can only budget. =(no choice lah..

I going down next week to look at my rom design for my dress. Excited !

zhu

flyingstar.. ya, we plan to go on the 8th; night flight lor..coz my hubby birthday is 10th mah so going to celebrate his birthday too lor...
me too, postpone my gown selection to end of sept..

yuki.. you can go HK for holiday first ma..after your save up enuf than go for your honymoon lor... lots of my frends are doing tat..some even go for their honeymoon 2-3 years after their AD...
happy.gif

flyingstar

pauline...so sweet leh, spending first birthday overseas together as lao gong lao po. :p you ROM and AD together?

yuki, don't worry la, you can plan for a nice honeymoon and grad trip after you finish your studies! haha. more meaningful right?
happy.gif

zhu

hahaha...no leh.. we ROM last year le.. after AD is 3rd birthday as lao gong lao po le... >.< but first time spending overseas la.. keke

yuki_21

hee hee . thanks Ladies !! sure it makes me feel alot better...of course having a trip is better then none... and he got lots of yrs to make it up for me... hee hee

Ya lo flying star !!great mind thinks alike..hee
thinking of having a grad honey moon together =)

destiny_lsb

hi, would like to find out if any HIPV brides here gone for food tasting. I need feedback on HIPV food as me &amp; HTB decided to do away with it.. on second thoughts, think this might not be such a good idea after all...
sad.gif

Please help and appreciate all responses! if not convenient to post in this thread, u may email to [email protected]

Thanks!
happy.gif

loewe79

vernica L boo> mine oso on 14/11/2010!!
wanted 16/10 but was advised not gd. then 23/10 is one of it too but my Husband's c0lleague took the date as well.. so we have it on 14/11 instead.. Now then i know its oso another popular date.

sillyfool

loewe, 16.10 is my good date.. but.. sighz the lunar date cannot.. lolx cos a lot of ppl eat vegeterian hahahahahaa and bz with praying.. if not i also on that day :D