(2010/10) Oct 2010 BTB

michieyun

DS/Thomas/missy> yalor, very ex... dun think i wanna fork out tt much for PS... rather get more photos instead as u all mentioned.

the timing also abit odd, cannot fully utilise the full day pass either ways so no point. might as well go USS on our own for rides and take photos with own cameras. It's alot cheaper though the photos may nt turn out pro lar

so nice u all can plan HM. HM is too far fetched for me... *sob sob*... no extra $$ (even in debts, haha) after reno.. zzz... but i still want my HM no matter what!! at most go somewhere cheaper but with nice scenery lar.. aiya, see how lar.. maybe i lucky can strike 4d or toto during the yr leh.. hahaha

thommy

michie: aiyah they out to fleece us lah, they think new place for PS sure appeal to a lot of ppl mah so jacked up the price lor.

dun worry, take ur time to save up for HM...can always go later. tml I'm flying off for mine liao
happy.gif

michieyun

thomas> i agree. think too many ppl wrote in to enquire liao, me included... they see the demand is there so set the price higher lor... biz mah, no choice.

haha, yalor... gotta take some time to save up... i believe i can do it & will do it... lolz

where are you flying to? enjoy ur HM wor~
happy.gif

deborahng

thomas> have fun
happy.gif
maybe come back w HM BB
happy.gif

michieyun> hmmm its v ex the package le.. haiz think gotta scrap the plan liao.

ds> haha shall we arrange june meet up?

thommy

deb: thanks! bb that part I gotta ask my wife liao hahahhaa...

long time no see u babes...must hv gotten prettier eh?

ds_gerl

missy> yah, I juz chk the exchange rate at J8… now is 182.40… last wk mon when I chk it was 186.7
dunno nw to change or wait a while more

Thomas> I cant learn cooking like that one… muz some1 demo for me to see de…

enjoy ur HM
happy.gif

deb, missy> I’m fine with june… was actually thinking of may

michieyun

thomas> thks for the encouragement... kekez... rem to take lotsa pix during HM & show us wor
happy.gif

deb> yuppiez, no other choice but to scrap the plan... plus the guidelines abit way too strict liao

missy> haha, yahor.. we have tt prof cam.. ideal... thks for reminding me of tt.. but hor go USS muz be alot of frenz go together then fun leh

corovelle

Hi michieyun, hmmm cos we have this foc family shoot so have to accomodate the elders timing etc cos they are working so ended up taking on weekends.. wah I'm not brave lor but I guess hopefully should be ok just pretend they are transparent! hehe

michieyun

Rh> i see... foc family shoot -- nice!

missy> yalor. super hot nowadays... to go to USS gotta be at year end ba, cooler but risk of rainy days... dilemma

ds_gerl

deb> I’m fine with the dates… but got to see the majority
happy.gif

any suggestions for the venue??

I was actually thinking to organize a meet up with the group in 2010 thread…

ds_gerl

deb> so far only u responded… lolz
let’s wait for some more responses bah…
happy.gif

missy> hv u removed ur gel nails?
I wanted to go to Cynthia this wkend but she’s out of town… fingernails super long liao

missybrooklynn

DS>> let's make it on 21 cos 28th is long weekend!
happy.gif
dunno going where to yet. heee..
yup, i removed my nails last mon cos super long liao. but i must say her nailsarts are veri lasting! **thumbs up** mine lasted for more than a mth. HAHA..

ds_gerl

Missy> I still deciding if want to remove or continue do infills... so tempting and addictive =P

ok, tentative date for meetup will b on 21 may then... we shall see hw's the respond bah
happy.gif

HTB leaving SG tmw morning... will only b back mth end
sad.gif

pink_lady00

Hey gals,

Is the nails done better at Home Nails or Cynthia? I did mine at Home nails during CNY, the lady very stuck up and when i went back to remove it, her face was even more black as if i'm giving her extra work. So i tot of changing places. And the nails lasted only 2-3wks.

ds_gerl

pink> I did my nails at Home Nails for my pre-wedding shoots…
my pedicure actually smudged the next day (I did on a sun) as I was wearing covered shoes to work… thn I immediately sms-ed her to inform and arrange for an appt as my PS is on the same wk…
I went back on the eve of my PS and she re-do the whole toe nails for me FOC… she said maybe the nail polish is too thick liao… (I chose a pearly pink colour and she applied twice for me)

she’s not stuck up lah… juz that she’s very introvert…. I hv a few colleagues who go to her to do their nails too…… 1 of my colleagues told me that she’s too quiet… dun talk to customers and dun suggest any designs or colours when asked for recommendations…
her 3D nail art r not so 3D lor… but overall her works r fine… mine lasted for abt 4wks+… cos my fingernails grow long very fast…
some of the gals here saw my nails the last time we met up
happy.gif

pink_lady00

DS,
That time when i went to do my nails, it was her sis who helped me. But bcos the sis was too slow, she came over to help so one hand done by her and the other by the sis. End up both hands looks quite different. And both of them were quite rough when doing my nails. It made me felt worst when i went to remove my nail cos her face was BLACK. Nv said a word even when i thanked her for her services lor... I'm thinking if i should go back? And its cheaper than outside.

By the way, how much did u paid for the nails for your pre-wedding? Are the photos is FB?

ds_gerl

missy> i havent got back my soft copies leh... according to BS, will probably be ready end may or early july...

BS took 2 of our photos, crop it then do it into a postcard-like thingy as advertisement to gv out during their wedding show...
the postcard consists of other couple's photos as well... so very small only...

but i do hv 3 photos copied from their website... but got "masked" with their name de... find it very extra so din wan to post them =P

missybrooklynn

DS>> must really nice if not, won't be featured..
Juz show us la, u making me excited!!
happy.gif

gals>> will be updating the table tom. Let me know if u have any updates.

ds_gerl

morning ladies
ok ok... i've juz uploaded these 3 photos in fb... but in private mode... do let me kw if u want to view them
happy.gif

missy> can help me update Live Studios as AD PG as well? thanks... but still having slight issue with them... paid them the deposit liao but they sent me the invoice with no indication that deposit has been paid... still waiting for them to verify the payment... it's been 1wk+ ardy :I

blueystar

DS_gerl: thanks!!! the pics so nicey lor...

Btw, i just wana rant tt looking for IDs is worse than searching for BS cos at least no matter how BS screwed up, it will b a thing of past eventually.. imagine u have a screwed up ID.... u will b screwed from the start of reno to living with all the screwed factors.... *faint* lolx... tt explains the thorough search of getting IDs...

deborahng

bluey> lol.. its crazy looking for ID plus their pricing is crazy sometimes.. i found a room door that is solid veneer and its only 270 and they are charging me like 700 per door lor. They hike up the pricing of a lot of things so must really look carefully.

ds_gerl

eileen> u may chk out the photos in fb liao
happy.gif

bluey> but i think it will be another enjoyable process when u think back and see ur lovenest nicely done up
happy.gif

i do heard that the prices between IDs and contractors differs alot... is that true?

blueystar

Deb: whoa... u still got go n do such indepth research... kudos... den which ID/contractor u intend to shortlist?

DS_Gerl: yah cos ID can b contractors as well as designers... but contractors will nd to act on ur insructions of the designs u have in mind.... no matter which u select, nd to b mindful of the cashflow of the c/o, cos i read of the highly raved contractor tt runs into cashflow problems n delivers much slower luckily he din run away or declare bankrupt

deborahng

bluey> lol.. we did lots of research
happy.gif
haha i shortlist one but still working out the pricing and hopefully pricing is good.
happy.gif
btw i bought my bed today.. haha

blueystar

Deb: okok... let me know who is the ID yah... we r having a couple in mind as well... so fast buy bed ah... mus b gd deal =) i m thinki of getti say during GSS

michieyun

DS> Can i have a look at ur pics too?

bluey/deb> some contractors do give advice on the design. I encountered a few IDs who juz draw out whatever designs we told them of without any inputs from them. Plus, if we wanna push down the contract price, they simply tell u not to do this and that so can match our budget.

of wat i noe, most IDs will sub-contract their reno works to contractors. thus we are paying the IDs extra bucks to engage a contractor to do our reno. my personal opinion is to widen ur search by visiting both IDs and contractors for comparison. U can see the huge diff in $$. For me, i engaged a contractor for my reno. At least I managed to get what I want without having to forgo certain items most IDs will advise me to forgo so as to keep within my budget.
happy.gif

most imptly regardless which ID or contractor u engage, both u & hb have to be comfortable with the coordinator. afterall, he/she will be in charge of doing up ur lovenest and it's a huge sum of $$ involved... Good luck in ur search
happy.gif

blueystar

Michieyun: mind if u tell me who's ur contractor cos we r in the midst of looking.... thanks... so far the contractors we met did show us some designs but the designs seems very std, like they use the same kitchen cabinet design for all the flats renovated... perhaps not yet mtg the right ones....

michieyun

bluey: It's TXR Design & Trading. It's located at 443 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 #01-1255. Tel: 64581255

fyi, dun expect to have drawings equivalent to those IDs. They do not have them. juz the basic drawings of layout and design.

hmm, i think everywhere is the same ba. only show trial & tested with good reviews kind of design to prospective customers therefore we will find them all very std... lolz.. me too kena so many times till so sianz... perhaps can juz tell them what u want and ask for their opinions on how to improve to make it nicer? they've been doing so many projects so more or less they know what's nice ba.

Urs is a new flat or resale? for new flats i guess the design of the kitchen more or less look the same due to space contraints. anyway, hope u can find a good ID/contractor for ur hse. gd luck
happy.gif

Hi, sorry to disturb here... I am selling away this BRAND NEW figurine at 15% less, retail price is $95. Interested party kindly PM me. Thanks.

1420654.jpg

blueystar

Michieyun: thanks n noted ... mine is a new flat, yah so my thought is if as ID u can show me just 1 pattern with only colors changed for the kitchen cabinets, den i may as well get contractor better lor...btw, wat's the name of ur contractor?

ds_gerl

michie> do I hv u in my fb? can PM me ur name in fb or email?

wah, u gals muz rem to keep ur contacts for IDs or contractors wor… next time when it’s my turn then will get them from u
happy.gif