(2010/10) Oct 2010 BTB

thommy

pink: actually sentosa 1 location is good enough..u have the flora, water and all there...not much time for u to travel around too.

pink_lady00

Morning guys and gals!!!
I was actually thinking of Sentosa but i've got 3 location to choose so was thinking of somewhere else just in case i can still make it. Hee...
Do i have to pay extra to enter Republic Singapore Yacht Club?

tsurara102

wanna update as well...
happy.gif

Venue: Goodwood Park Hotel
AD: 02.10.2010
Bridal shop: Fashion Bride (Taiwan) + Printemps (JB)
VG: hweestudios
PG: 1950photography

happy.gif

i'm so keen to engage a live band, and most likely i will, but it's really exp... 1200 for a 3 piece band quoted from yourstruly
sad.gif

as of now... taiwan PS is done. liaising with them on the editing of photos and layout. next up would be the PS in JB... excited to choose gowns! hee.

missybrooklynn

RH>> when is your big day?
for me, i veri KS. my ROM was 3 Oct 2009, which was mid-autumn fest last yr.. a hot day for wedding and i booked my JP in ard Mar. and i think quite a few gals here have alrdy booked theirs..
happy.gif
i think it's ok to be KS esp it's your big day!

tsura>> happy fitting!
happy.gif

ds_gerl

RH> if u hv any JP in mind, u can write in to chk their availability and if they r available, juz ask them if they r ok with booking them now since it's ardy less than 6mths...

tsurara> if u really wanna engage a live band, think u gotta act fast... especially u hv any preferred singers u wan

ds_gerl

missy> I wanted Alfred too… but he’s ardy been booked on my wedding date le
sad.gif

so it makes me drop the idea of getting a live band which saves me money too
happy.gif

but I’ve just confirmed with live studios for their instant photos and live projection
happy.gif

again, money spent but at least is much more cheaper than live band =P

ds_gerl

oh yah… need to inform u gals if u r thinking of getting a live band at ur wedding banquet… probably need to take note and make sure who’s the responsible party.

I wrote to 2 live band companies (I shld name them as A and Y) to enquire abt the recent case on the licensing issue.

Y replied to me that we couples will hv to bear the license fee and sent me the link of Compass…
whereas A told me that this license fee comes under the hotel and their rates will remain the same.

ngf

DS>> not only we have the same company for photographer, i signed up with live studio for the same service too ..
happy.gif
mine comes with the digital guestbook too
happy.gif

ds_gerl

ngf> hahaha... so coincident
happy.gif

live studio is very last minute... cos initially they told me they r fully booked on my wedding date...
but when i attended a wedding show last wkend, i feedbacked to them that i really like their works
happy.gif
so the guy who attended to me (he's the same person who was liasing with me thru email) promised to help me chk if they gonna increase manpower... i juz wrote a follow-up email on sun nite and they replied me with gd news the following day
happy.gif

btw hv u heard the C&T is also having instant photo services?

corovelle

Hi Miss Brooklynn mine is on the super hot 23rd..
DS_Ger tt is good idea think i should do tt was afraid that they will think its too early.

Yes, noticed that a few girls had already booked their JP, wanted Dr Phua intially but he is booked as well.. =(

ngf

DS>> yup i know C&T do provide such services but i dont tink they offer live projections rite? i m attracted to their digital guest book initially and we signed up for both the instant photo and guestbook. i signed up with last year during the wedding fair @ mariott
happy.gif

lazycoco

hihi my big day's on 23rd Oct too. but lunch at Raffles hotel
happy.gif
BS is labelle. So surprised to see so many 23rd brides hahah Curious to know when do you all take your pre wedding shoots?

ds_gerl

rh> i managed to get dr phua
happy.gif
but we got to accomodate to his time as he is ardy booked for the time we initially wanted.

ngf> i'm not even aware of this svc from C&T until i recently read from other threads here...
cos i signed up 1yr ago... hv nv seen them posted in fb or sent email that they hv this svc too...
but anyway, i like live studio works so that's ok la

coco> welcome to this thread
happy.gif

i'm also a 231010 btb... it's another hot date other than 101010...

there r a handful of us here who have ardy taken our PS... i took mine in feb...
hv u taken urs?

lazycoco

Hi DS_Gerl, omg I seems to be very late. I'll be taking mine in end may. Is it very late? yaya I notice there are a lot of 23rd brides ard haha

thommy

actually u all are not late lah, ard 3-4mths before AD still ok. My BS did my layout in abt a week's time only and my number of photos not considered little also HAHAHA

lazycoco

Belinda, thomas and Valerene,

are u sure they are able to deliever? cos I heard from other threads that my BS always like to delay album till few days before AD so that u wont have chance to make changes if there's anythg..and I wanted to take PS earlier so that I can get my album earlier but they said the earliest slot is end may..

thommy

bel: yup. diff BS have diff timeframes ba, some can do it real fast while others take months

coco: I oredi recv my album
happy.gif
fyi my AD is over liao hahaha...I'm in this thread only cos I know some of the gals here =)

michieyun

Coco> my BS also labelle.. me taking PS end Jun, even later than u so fret not... AD is on 16/10... labelle assured me that i will get my photo album by end sep so keeping my fingers crossed that they keep to their words

C&T provides instant photo prints (outsourced to Fujifilm i think) but it's in 4R size if i rem correctly while Live Studios is in name card size.

oh ya, if u gals r interested in having PS in Universal Studios I have information on the charges.
happy.gif
The file is too big to upload here.

corovelle

hi michieyun and coco my bs is also labelle only having my shoot in mid june but its on a weekend .

ds-gerl yup he could only make it on 2 to 4 that day must the timing is kind of off as the hotel does not allow me to do it earlier at 4 unless i do it at the hotel room so abit sad he could not be my jp cos he seems like a really nice jp...

ds_gerl

michieyun> can PM me the charges for PS in USS?
i wanna kaypo leh... hehehe =P
thanks in advance

rh> oh... he's very popular... we accomodated to his time so dun think our guests will be able to witness our solemnization cos it will be too rush for them... so we make it a small event with immediate families lor... like that also gd mah...

lazycoco

I'm worried because I have actually purchased the package from Singpost to print the wedding pic on the stamps. we wish to use the stamps for the wedding invitation. So if printing of the stamps needs a mth and delivery of invitation nust be done a mth b4 AD, we need to get the wedding pic ready by end July.

caro

Hi Oct10 BTB,

Have been reading this thread frequently but have not been involved in the discussions. Kindly update my info: PG - Adrian, VG - Samuel.

Will be doing my PS next Friday so hopefully the weather is good at least for the outdoor shoots. BTW, has anyone been to The White Rabbit at Dempsey? I love the decor there and wish to include the restaurant as part of the outdoor location.

michieyun

Hi avatar82 & deb, i have sent the info to ur email
happy.gif

DS> PM u liao
happy.gif

RH> ur PS in mid jun so have u chosen the gowns? will it be too crowded for outdoor PS if to take on weekends? for me i find it abit paiseh with so many ppl ard & us in bridal suit & dress posing for the PG. lolz. u r very brave!

Coco> If u r worried, perhaps u can highlight this matter to ur BS & get them to give u the soft copy of the photos first?

thommy

hahaha I think bel posted previously, its 298++ per pax or sth, can't rem...bel can confirm?

thiasy: hi cat, check ur FB inbox
happy.gif

michie: haha better to take PS on a weekday than weekend, less crowded. anyway when I was taking mine that time, some tourists actually asked to take photos with us hahaha...

michieyun

For easy reference, I copied the USS pkg here.

Universal Studios Singapore® Wedding Photography Package Priced at S$298.00++ per person

Package Entitlements
1. A 2 hour photography session at Universal Studios Singapore
2. 1 Universal Studios Singapore Full Day Pass
3. 1 Resorts Worldâ„¢ Sentosa bottled water per person
4. Universal Studios Singapore Team Member guide 5. Access to VIP Changing Area
6. Option to conduct part of your photography session before or after park operating hours

Universal Studios Singapore Wedding Photography Guidelines
1. The photography session is valid for 2 consecutive hours during the following period only:
o Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 11am; OR
o Mondays to Fridays, 5pm to 8pm.
Please note however that photography sessions are subject to the availability of the park, and are not allowed on Public Holidays, eve of Public Holidays, School Holidays and USS Black-Out Dates.
2. Each subsequent hour after the 2 hour period is chargeable at S$50.00++ per hour per group.
3. Group size is limited to a minimum of 3 persons and a maximum of 5 persons per group.
4. At least 1 Universal Studios Singapore Team Member will be assigned to you/your group and will accompany you/your group at all times during the photography session.
5. Photography is not permitted on any of the Universal Studios Singaporeâ„¢ attractions/rides unless utilizing Universal Studios Singapore attraction photo-taking opportunity
6. No props should be set up during the photography session.
7. The wedding photographs taken at Universal Studios Singapore are only for private use and are not to be used for commercial purposes.

michieyun

thommy> mine is on a monday
happy.gif

so did u take any with the tourists? so cool! once i walked past a wedding couple taking photos near VCH there, i also contemplated to ask to take photos with them.. haha.. but too paiseh to ask them... wait they think i'm wierd

thommy

michie: huh? no props allowed? not even tripod stand? then how ur PG gonna take for u??? lame leh...

haha yup, we obliged but our PG wasn't very happy cos she felt they 'disturbing' her work lol

bel: ya now I rem hehe

ds_gerl

michie> yup... received ur PM... thanks
happy.gif

wah, i think it's too ex liao... and it's per pax some more...

it's advisable for u to take ur PS on a wkday... but anyday also cant avoid tourists esp if u gg to tourist attractions....
but if u thinking of shooting tall buildings in CBD area, then of cos choose a sun as it will def be a "dead town" on a sun....
wink.gif

coco> yah, get the BS to gv u the edited soft copies first...
rem to tell ur BS that u wan to view the edited photos b4 they proceed with the layout... and after layout view it again thn approve BS to do the album

caro> think it's better for u to call white rabbit if there's any charges for u to shoot in their premise

thommy

ds: they fleecing us off lah...anything new is a novelty to sporeans mah. use the $$$ to top up photos better hor wahhahahahahahaha =P

btw hardly see u in 2010 thread anymore...u dun love us anymore liao ah?
sad.gif

missybrooklynn

mich>> $298 per pax and 2 hrs shoot!! really is chop veg head.....
sad.gif

still have to pay for your entrance to sentosa leh, haha... but u get the full day pass lah. is the pass valid for the same day or u can come back? if same say then bo hua liao.. means either u shoot in the morning then stay back to enjoy the USS or u enjoy first then shoot. both makes u tired..

8-11am: groggy as have to wake up early for the shoot. sentosa is quite far oso. and the crowd starts coming in at 9ish.

5-8pm: veri tired after u tour ard USS. :p

ds_gerl

thomas> hahaha… I agree… use the money to top up photos even better… or use that as part of funds for HM…

not that I dun love u all… but abit off topic nw leh… all talking abt reno, cooking, HM… they r all still so far for me
sad.gif

in fact, I’m thinking of organising for a meet up… but been quite busy with work lately…

thommy

missy: erm its 298++, not nett hor lol. by the time u add the ++, per pax is 350 liao.

ds: oic hahahhaa...cooking u can learn some tips first mah...u org after my HM lah hahahahaha...