(2010/07) July 2010 BTB

vilopup

Hi ladies

Its been a while since i updated here.... down with flu.... it is like an unavoidable when someone in the house gets it...

A month to July!! Is everyone excited?

Dione: I guess in a way thats business bah... and all the while I have been a very easy to please customer, so they think can smoke me lor... Nevertheless, I went to pick the gowns already and happy with my newly chosen WG... even though the material dun look too expensive still....

Not too sure whether expectations are higher after seeing so many spore gowns in magazines... nevertheless, its a comfortable gown, so leave it to my PG and VG to make it look nice under their lens!

But I have a confession to make: went to avana loft and saw this gown that fit me to a tee... its a red gown I always wanted, so i bought it! Burnt a big hole in pocket... it is a just nice size.. hope i dun increase size again in 25 days time. now sick, cannot even run.

Ah, the tangyuan and the mee sua also so problematic ah? But i only got one set of bowls, the other side how??

Haha, i also usually wear tee and shorts to zz... so only buy 2 sets of cotton pyjamas with cute animals on it as a symbol.... no bedroom slippers as well...

77 tables leh, i really bai you... how to do the guest tables? I got a headache with my 30 tables le.

Mrs Chua: aiyo, so complicated one ah. my side like nobody has a clue on what to do, so i just really do the basic... even hair combing i also get the comb and mirror only... din get anything else. The candles i dun want it to be a fire hazard and we seriously do not think that the candles will dictate how good the marriage is thereafter, so gg to ignore and just get the fastest burning... hahahah...

Dont worry about the confusion. Why not when you go and buy all the hair combing stuff time, ask the shop person so that they can give you a better idea on how to do it?

The BS folks are generally nice. I think they just happen to get a not so service oriented person for the job. When i returned, the service so much better lor and they got out the better gowns for me. Though the EGs are still below expectations.

For my haircombing i think i will jsut get the MUA or my mum to help comb and recite the lines and then do makeup le. :D

Sher: I only have 1 vegeterian and 1 muslim friend, so i will slot them into other full chinese menu table as the 10th or 11th person

kiddyu15

Mrs Chua >> I can't remember the price actually.. Cos paid together with the dowry items.. My HTB also got the same colour one when we went to get the wedding stuff.. Bedroom slippers same shop.. Got shuang xi word on top de..

My side (family + friends + parents friends) is about 34 tables.. My HTB side taking up the other 43 tables.. His dad's friends alone is 30 tables already.. =| Yea, all cannot RSVP one.. Have to cross fingers and cross toes...

Are you girls going to pay for the licence?

sher02

Dione> Yah i'm going to pay for it. My videographer told me last few months they played the video at a few hotels no prob but mine they need me to show the original CD for march in and the license before reception so no choice.

Anybody knows where to order roast pig for AD? MIL say want roast pig cannot have can pig trotters..

gg_paradise

Dione.. I'm nt going to pay for the RIPs. My banquet told me no prob though my vg gave me 2 choices. 1. Pay $150 for each song I use 2. Use their royalty free music from their music library. Hubby & me went thr their library & managed to find a few songs we like so we decided nt to pay for it
happy.gif

vilopup

Dione: I dont think I will pay too. Will be meeting with the banquet coordinator and then decide how things go.

Hey for your HB's suits right, the bs only provide jackets? Who will help to coordinate the shirt colour and tie colour? Suddenly I thought about it. :D

kiddyu15

Mrs Chua >> My VG has got his own songs he paid copyright for.. I've got no objections using his.. We checked with our banquet place again today and they say no need even though the song is in our own montage..

Blur btb >> Yea, only jackets.. The shirt colour we going with the basic colour -- White.. Then for the ties and stuff they will match for us when we collect on that day..

gg_paradise

Finally settled my brothers' ties.. yeah! one thing settled!!!

Great meet up with the brothers today! initially I dun wan to go as wanted to make it as a session for hubby & brothers. but in the end, I went to meet them & is luckily I met up with them too.. cos hubby does not know much on what are the things we need to brief brothers. in the end, I was the one who brief the brothers lols anyway, great meet up with the brothers! YEAH!!!

Dione.. to us now, everything can save jus save... $$$ really nt enough haha..

vilopup

Dione: Will only meet banquet coordinator next week... feeling stressed le cos very late and then like a gazillion things to do... my hb is sick and i m also down with flu.... cant imagine if continue to be sick for next week.

Oh wa, they provide ties also ah... that is quite good! Cos i got my own EG, so now i have to figure out what he should wear....

Looking at the weather, also quite worried that it might be raining on wedding day. Hope the bad weather goes off soon.

Mrs Chua: Ya, saw your FB entry. Great that you have done one big thing! I am meeting emcees this weekend and then jiemeis next week. Duno when will be the brother's turn.

Yup, super broke already... quite worried.

What are you ladies doing for entertainment ah? I dun have the budget for band or animation le. So only have a montage that one of my jiemei is helping me to do, the express highlight of morning and that is about it...

Will you be showing your pre wed pic before the banquet start or during?

gg_paradise

Blur_btb.. I jus had a great sister meet up tonight too.. must really thanks all who attended
happy.gif

all of them seems more excited than me.. why why why?? haha

I had a cartoon animation, photo montage & video highlights... now very broke.. omg.. no $$$ le.. haizz..

yes, I will be showing my PS pics b4 the dinner.. cos I dun think all guests will be able to see the photo album ba..

vilopup

Mrs Chua: Wah... that is very nice... yest just collected the tee shirts we printed for the bridal party! Very nice and quality quite good... i hope they will like it...

Picking up corsages today as well. Asked this lady at my workplace to help me do up organza corsages that can double up as a floral brooch after the wedding.

I still havent confirm guest list.. starting to feel v nervous

gg_paradise

Girls... Jus wondering whether will u appear during cocktail or stay in suite until 1st march in??? If decided to stay in suite, wat time will u start make up???

vilopup

Mrs Chua: I have arranged in such that I will appear at about 7.30pm to mingle with guests. Cocktail start at 7pm but probably nobody will turn up so early.

gg_paradise

blur_btb... so what time u start ur make up?? I'm thinking of getting my mummy to start her make up @ 5.30pm.. den I start ard 6.15pm so I will not appear during cocktail..

vilopup

Mrs Chua: the mua told me that 1.5 hours will be enough. So i start at 6pm makeup.

I got 1 mum and 3-4 jiemei to makeup.... the mua bringing hair stylist so i got one mua to do just me and then 2 others to do the rest.

I think time in such a way that the most impt folks (urself and your jiemei who need to be at recpt to help goes first). I assume you use only 1 mua? or more?

gg_paradise

Blur_btb.. my mua oso told me 1-1.5hr is enough le.. my jiemei will settle their own make up, I onli have my mua to help my mummy to settle her make up.. my mummy will be doing her make up 1st cos she needs to be @ the reception to attend to guests.. think I will call my mua later to discuss with her again..

like what u say, nobody will start appearing so early.. & I oso dun wan to be in the bridal room waiting too long haha

vilopup

Who are is the next week one? Shucks, I am getting heart attack very soon!! Still got a lot of things undone.

Mrs Chua: I thnk you let the MUA know the total number of pax, then how many must be downstairs by what time and for her to advise you.

My jiemei mua just gave me estimate.
happy.gif

sher02

yah stress..i noting everything down cos so many things like catering and cakes ordering only 1 week before the wedding!

everybody - any cheap lobang for duty paid liquor?

fellcy

YES!! EXCITED!! my guestlist is not ready! My tables r nt confirmed! And I have super bad eyebags!

Btw, I really like my xibing...very nice!

Must also praise my JB BS - Venus. As one of the album wasn't properly done in our opinion as there's a gap between 2 of the pages, my coordinator Joel actually delivered the album after fixing to SG to my doorstep! She even brought along the ribbon I requested to custom made for my tea dress for me to see and to try on so she can alter in advance!

ellentg

Blur_btb, dun stress.... i'm sure i have more things not done compared to you... haha~
happy.gif
i haven't even started RSVP...

fellcy > now i'm having acne breakout + big eye bags. sianzzzzzz....

just had the 2nd appointment for my flat and also food tasting on tuesday... glad that my relatives like the food~
happy.gif
also have been doing intensive furniture/appliance shopping and house reno is on full force...

10 more days for those getting married on 1st weekend of July~ congrats and jiayou~
happy.gif

vilopup

Ellen: I give up rsvp le... the pple and tables are fixed anyway. So i went for 28+2 and see how things goes le.

Ladies, any idea when we are supposed to light the dragon phoenix candles? And when eat tang yuan or mee sua?

Damn confusing... My schedule looks very long.

Just met up with my banquet mgr on Tues to confirm the favors and theme.

I am starting to breakout too!!

thommy

blur: supposed to light the night before ur AD when u are combing hair.

tangyuan eat when u go to ur lovenest on ur AD

vilopup

Thanks Thomas!!! I think huh, i have to light on AD morning. I not combing hair previous night. Doing on morning of AD.

So many places to go until i think when i cme back to husband and my mum's place, the candles would have burnt out.

sher02

mrs chua and blur_btb> jia you jia you!

went to neo's garden website yesterday. 18% discount for orders $13.99 per head and above and free VIP card which gives you $60 gift voucers etc..

clarius

Hi all, my wedding is just over and I have a few new pieces of jie meis' dresses to clear. I still have 4 pieces left.

New
Free size. loose cut, can fit s/m. Bust size max 90cm.
Made of chiffon material.
Pink/Peach colour

Seeling at $60 for 4 pieces. Let me know if you are interested. Email me at [email protected]
1456158.jpg

gg_paradise

Girls... Wondering if anyone know eat shld I SMS to my friends etc to remind them if our wedding this Sat??? This SMS act as a last RSVP from them..

Michelle.. I'm getting excited too had yet finalize my guest list plus sitting arranagment..

vilopup

Mrs Chua: Yes i think you should. I got sms reminder from my friend before the actual day to remind me of the time and place.

I think if anymore people not coming, they will have the courtesy to inform.

I am still all over the place too!

yiwen

But my colleague mentioned that if I SMS them to remind them will be like too pushy. They don feel comfortable.

yiwen

Hi all I just found out something n I can't help worrying if it's ok. Need advice from all. I just found out I am pregnant and my wedding is just weeks away. I heard tat if u r pregnant then u get married is not auspicious. The bb might go away. Is it true?

gg_paradise

Blur_btb, Ellen.. I had sent a SMS out this morning to get act as a gentle reminder. I onli sent once but some of them claim that they received 3 times... lols

Congrats Michelle... so happy for u
happy.gif
I oso hope to get pregnant now but period jus came on Saturday so my plan fail... haizz.. anyway it came oso at the right time cos my wedding, I won't have to worry abt it coming.. my mummy even ask me to go take those med which will stop it from coming but I was worried that if I would to take those med & I'm pregnant, it would affect baby's growth.. did heard from some friends b4 that if would to take such those med when pregnant will cause baby will be born abnormal etc..

anyway, I no heard of such thing that it is not auspicious to be pregnant & get married at the same time.. to me, it is double blessing...
happy.gif
once again, congrats.. so happy for u
happy.gif
jus remain cheerful will do.. dun think so much & everything will be alright
happy.gif
btw, how many mths pregnant r u now? I jus think that when u must be extremely careful on that day esp when u wearing high heels. Do let ur jie meis to know abt it so they can pay special attention to u on that day..

kiddyu15

michelle -- CONGRATS! I agree with Mrs Chua, it's double happiness.. Nothing auspicious abt that.. Just relax and enjoy ur new life as a Mrs and a Mum-to-be.. =D

Mrs Chua -- Jiayou, getting too uplight also reduces chances of pregnancy.. Shun qi zi ran.. A matter of time before you become a mum-to-be-to..

Congrats on you upcoming wedding this weekend too!! Let us know how it went when the dust settles! =D

ellentg

Michelle > congrats!
happy.gif
i know of a few pple that were in your situation too, now their babies are already big and healthy... no worries about being inauspicious okie~
happy.gif
hmmm though maybe you will be more worried about potential morning sickness on your AD, but anyway, it's double happiness... hope you will feel fine and well throughout your pregnancy
happy.gif

Mrs Chua > yea better not take those medicine... i didn't hear about affecting the baby, but heard that if you take the medicine, the next time when it comes you will feel very uncomfortable...

As for babies, like what Dione said, shun qi zi ran ba... when it's time to come, they will come~!
happy.gif

yiwen

Really feel much better now. I am actually abt 4weeks pregnant so by my wedding week will be 7weeks pregnant
happy.gif
hope the tummy will not be obvious or else will have to tailor my grown.
I just told my sisters tat I will be queen tat day n all the stuff will be done by them
happy.gif

ellentg

Congrats in advance to this weekend's brides - Mrs Chua, Fellcy, maoushroom... anymore?
happy.gif

michelle - if fitting is 3 days before, should be okie ba?
happy.gif

gg_paradise

Hi I'm back.. congrats to all Jul'10 Brides...

my PS pictures, Photo Montage, Video highlights, Cartoon Animation had been uploaded in FB. AD pictures will be uploaded later once gotten from PG.