(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

bubblene

super stressed!
sad.gif

wedding in abt a month and we haven't had the wedding invites printed yet..
sad.gif

elbarc

bubz.. better start soon.. btw, i didnt get those ribbon kinda cards.. mine need to stick. n the glue tape is good.. FYI

Btw gals.. shall we share our wedding photos? =)

etirine

wah bubz how come haven print??

Elbarc, mine is ribbon kind but got help for tying so quite ok, and looks very pretty! I wanna c your wedding fotos~~ Mine are not ready yet... jes took them last week!

bubblene

both of us been busy with work and went for a few work trips in last 2 months..
sad.gif

now stressed stressed!

have all of you chosen the wedding gowns, etc yet? my bridal studio doesn't seem worried... about it... yet! ><

elbarc

Yeah Budz.. better start soon.. Btw, which BS are u from? Taken your photos? =)

Sure Kerin... u can add me on multiply.. [email protected]

Shall we list down our wedding dates? =)

Date : 13 June 2010 ( Sun )
Venue : Holiday Inn Orchard
BS : Julia Wedding News

How about u all?

akak

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum too.. Actual day on 26 jun and I still haven't finalized many things yet
happy.gif

My bs also fm Julia wedding news.. Have chosen the gowns but I'm having second thoughts on the evening gown now..
Maybe during the selection process, I have been stressed to
agree to their choice..imagine 2 coordinators attending to me
and I felt obliged to quickly choose and go.. Now I feel like getting another evening gown on my own...

With unclear licence issues, we might drop the photo montage to be shown in the hotel too.. My husband to be is actually half way completing the montage though..
sad.gif

bubblene

thanks girls... we'll be running around this weekend to settle the wedding stuff, hopefully.. ><

@ elbarc
yup taken wedding photos in jan.. but the studio hasn't confirmed our layout and we also have not gone for fitting for AD gowns.

@ akak
hmm, what do you mean by unclear license issues? we cannot play the CDs?
sad.gif

akak

Hi bubz,

spoke to hotel coordinator and was adviced to play the photo montage and cd simultaneously.. This needs proper and exact coordination.. I read somewhere in the thread here that even with original cd, you still need approval from artistes company.. Maybe u want to further check on this..

Elbarc, how many pics did u top up at Julia?

elbarc

Hi Akak.. i top up around 49 photos.. how about u? can i view yr photos too? =)

Oh.. i heard about the license issue too. Last heard from my coordinator that in order to play songs, we must brg along original CD.

We'll be going down to the hotel tonight for finalisation. Will check again n keep u all posted..

akak

Hi bubz, all I know there's many grey areas in term of the copyright issues.. Perhaps u can talk to ur hotel coordinator. Another alternative is to get videographer who has paid for the licence to do up the montage.. I'm getting confused too myself
happy.gif

hi elbarc, I keep telling myself not to top up any pics
happy.gif
but eventually was persuaded to top up another 62. So total 88 pics.. Now kinda regret
sad.gif
i took the pics locally here.. Doesn't intend to have outdoor but the staff persuaded us to get some outdoor pics.. The evening gown pics was not nice.. I regretted choosing tat gown.. When choosing for actual day, the coordinator then told me that the evening gown I chose for pics taking is not suitable for me.. A bit boil loh.. Why never tell me in the first place? Keep telling me nice, nice..
sad.gif

but who can I blame? I'm plus size.. So not many choices..
Maybe u wanna give me ur email address? I can forward pics to u.. If u dun mind, can let me know how much u pay for the top up? Who's ur coordinator?

elbarc

Akak.. same here.. b4 I go.. i keep telling myself..dont top up too much.. max is 50 photos in total.cos photos sure end up in 1 corner.. but cannot resist...sighz...

My coordinator is Dex..how abt yrs? i started with 40.. so total i gota 89..

Btw, have u get yr layout, soft copy &amp; the albums from them?

akak

Hi elbarc, wow! Your package must have cost a bomb .. Maybe we can share via email on the package cost.. I will email u some pics.. U mean still have layout? I'm not aware.. Only gotten the cd and they told me my album will be ready this month..

etirine

Wah Albarc and Akak, u topped up so much photos!~ Must have like them very much and well taken. How much u all spent in total then?

elbarc

Hi Kerine.. its u.. hehe. Had added u on multiply.. Not much choice but to top up cos ours is computer effect album... Wont look nice if its too little.. Spend in all as in package + top up? are yr photos ready? Can we view too =)

candycandy001

akak>> I checked with my hotel before, they said currently dont have ppl purposely enter the banquet and do funny thing. As long as we have original CD with us, we are safe. However, if you still have the worry, then forget it lo. but a bit wasteful since ur hubby already prepared half way.

junebride2010

bubz...
you can try textile centre.
ribbons are cheaper there...
200, Jalan Sultan, #12-06
Singapore 199018

Spotlight also carry all sorts of ribbons but they can get very expensive if you buy in bulk...

akak

Bubz, the ribbons are indeed veri nice.. My cards are in red too.. So tempted to source for it as well but would the inserts drop out? I'm not a crafty person.. Wonder if I have the patience to tie hundred over cards
happy.gif

bubblene

@ Junebride2010
Thanks so much for the suggestion.. my fiance decided to try somewhere else...

@ Akak
My fiance went down to 36 Arab Street, this shop called Kin Soon... and he told me that there's a lot of very lovely ribbons there for sale at very reasonable prices. He couldn't decide on the colour though, so I'm going down to take a look this Sat morning. I think they open from 930 am to 5 or 6 pm on most days.. haha I also dunno if I can tie so many ribbons! In the first place, I don't even know if I can tie NICE looking ribbons. =/

junebride2010

a little trick... u know popular sells those tape glues that works like correction tape?
it goes nicely onto ribbons.
run alittle of those on your ribbons and adhere to your inserts. Tie a bow on the outside and violia! =)

etirine

my hotel's invite card is like that with ribbons. not to worry, the insert will be secured. my father and MIL helped to tie all~ so I basically just had to write the names only.
happy.gif

jacelle

Akak - Hihi..I'm a JWN bride..and I must say I really have very little confidence in their evening gown..sighz..and the service..quite..disappointing actually..but anyway hope everything eventually turns out well for you. Congrats!!
happy.gif

akak

Bubz, lil art is selling the satin ribbon at $14 for 100 yards.. Enough to tie est 130 cards.. My inserts are printed by them. Went to collect the inserts earlier.. They had such nice cards! Though I'm not sure how much other shops are charging, but I reckon $14 is reasonable as spending time to source for ribbons can be time consuming and tiring too..
happy.gif

hi jacelle, till now I'm stll not satisfied with my choice of EG.. Limited choices on my plus size.. Sigh.. I dun like those 'pong' EG. I prefer simple , straight down EG.. But JWN dun have those kinds.. Even if they do, I can't fit in or there's too many glitters.. I do not wanna look like Mama San ...

junebride2010

How's everyone's preparations so far?
first week of June's bride should be getting really excited now right? hehe...

We havent even started our montage.. only scanned a few childhood pictures...

Can i ask if you are preparing a mua for your moms? Do you usually get it from the BS? How much do yours charge?
I enquired and one charged $120... *faintz*
Is this a market price?

ooopsie.. sorry for the strings of questions...

snapsgirl

Hi BTBs/GTBs!

I know everyone’s busy with their wedding preps but it’s never too late to be the ‘in’ bride! It is the latest trend to hit weddings and every guest will surely talk about it! We have the super fab way of entertaining your guests while providing them the chic-est souvenirs in town! PM me for more details and for more fun-tastic deals! Special rates for June BTBs!

bubblene

@ sunflower
mine is on june 19... and you know what.. i think my period is going to start on either june 19 or 20... haiz..
sad.gif
how about you, when is yours? i'm getting stressed too.. and putting on weight! ><

@ bubz
Mine is exactly a week after yours. Oh dear maybe you should see a doc to get the pill! It sucks to have the period on your wedding day.

missyling

hi gals.. juz pop by to kpo. I just finished my wedding last mth.

For the period issue, best to get pills from doc if you tink you will hit the red dots on your wedding week, either get it come early or get it come after your wedding.

Don't worry about putting on weight, i put on alots but amazing on my wedding day, my gowns got loosen, dunno to laff or worry...

u r the star for the day, just be happy and leave everythings to your helpers and time keeper and enjoy the whole process...

Honestly, i am missing everythings now...

joey_cat

HI Ling.. saw your name and I also Kpo pop in. .hahhaa..

Sunflower53 - I have the same problem (projected date of period = AD). Get the pills from the doc, I did that for mine. you period must be fairly accurate from month to month though. Pop the pills once in the morning and once at night 3 days before the "due date".. and you can continue it for abt a wk... my doc prescribe me extra (2 each in the morning and night for the first 3 days to ensure no accident...). But just to share the experience, in the final few days before the AD, you will be so busy, I missed the pills for few times.. (e.g. only take once a day or instead of morning, I only remember to take in the afternoon).. luckily everything is still smooth.

Pls remember to consult your doc though..

missyling

hi hi cat.. wow 2 pills each session... haha mine is 1 in the day 1 @ nite.. once stop, it will come about 3 days after...

i very ka-si la.. i took earlier so that my menst will come early in case pimples decided to huant me.. then got time to recover...

Cat - thanks for the advise on the pill...I think I wouldn't have that problem as the period came last week. :D Actually with all the stress it was delayed too. But I'm having the flu now with 10 days more to the big day so that sucks as well. Haha...and it seems like I have a pimple going to pop up on my nose...fainted...