(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

chocolatey

hi lovelaughkiss & bubz...

i do my facial at Erabelle...have been with them since 2001
happy.gif
haven been doing body scrub oso heh

angelink43

Hi Bubz, mine is in Fort Canning (OMSQ) for 19th and Conrad for 20th.

I'm using dermatolgist product, is it save to do facial?

How much per session, Jolyn?

Where to go for body scrub?

chocolatey

Hi lovelaughkiss...my facial session is abt $120 per session...i do my body scrub at my facial place too...just started the scrub recently heh

You might wanna try Leonard Drake? I have quite a no. of frens doing facial there and it seems quite ok...initially I wanted to try too but tot I better not anyhow switch since I've been with mine for quite long liao and I'm rather satisfied with its services

charlene_ong

Dear all...we are really counting down man...about 5 more months to go...and I have not even started doing any preparations...omg! Really dunno where to start. But am having my first appt with BS this 27th Dec. Looking forward to it.

joga

hi ice lemon tea and brides having on 26 june
is that date auspicious?
my mum say it is not but apparently it is cos most of the hotels are all taken up!

please advise if you can;p

bubblene

@ jolyn
i've never done manicure and pedicure before, and i don't even know how to put makeup.. i've only started putting moisturizer and toner in the last 1 year... i'm so terrible.
sad.gif

but 120/session is a little too expensive for me, lol!

@ charlene
*nods nods* suddenly time seems to fly... :p im going down for gown choosing 2day! *excited*

@ joey
i think most weekends (eg 26th june) are all taken up already, whether or not it is "auspicious".. my HTB's elders also feel that, even if you choose an "auspicious" day, you may end up being unhappy, and even if you choose a not-so-auspicious day, as long as both parties work hard to keep a happy marriage, things will be fine. ^_^ don't worry too much! :p

joga

hi bubblene;>

the issue is my mum wants an auspicious date no matter what.
but i only look at internet for auspicious date,
i wanted to get married on 24 April, but mum stops me cos not ausp.
so in the end, i have to go for lunch on 26 june since all is taken up..

so did anyone did found out 26 june is ausp?

bubblene

@ charlene
managed to choose all my gowns for photoshoot already.
happy.gif
i'm with digio bridal.. how abt u?

@ joey
icic.. but lunch shld be okie! gives u more flexibility and you can arrange something more fun (than formal like dinner)... :p

cherms

Hi all, first of all, congrats on your impending wedding!!

Im new here.. Joined to share ideas and to look for some contacts. Here's my wedding details:
- Wedding Date: 5th June 2010 (church reception and banquet)
- Bridal Salon: Whitelink (got both my wedding and evening gowns already)
- Wedding banquet: Fullerton Hotel
- Pre-wedding photography: Pierre (Guo Long) from Whitelink - date set on end Feb and March. 1 day indoor and 1 day outdoor (we got 2 days because we have been chosen to do their sample shoot)
- Actual Day photographer: Ivan frm John Kheng Photographers, Jovian Lim (freelance)
- Videographers: Friends using HD

That's all we got settled so far. Im currently looking for affordable bridesmaids dresses (to custom make) and groomsmen vest (to custom make). Do you have any contacts to share?

etirine

Hi Fellow BTB~ I'm a June 2010 Bride too! Will be having my banquet at Marriott Hotel on 22 June 2010. I'm with Divine Couture with Prewedding Photography by LightedPixels's Kelvin and Actual Day coverage by Absolute Resolutions.

Just took my measurements at Divine and I super urgently need to lose weight!

junebride2010

hello~
im also a June 2010 BTB....
AD will be 12 june at meritus mandarin...
BS is di gio and photography/videography with oneeyeclick
very excited but quite a lot of things to plan cos still studying...

blur_jan

Hi all June BTB,

I'm new to this forum...
AD on 29 Jun (Tues... odd i know) at Mandarin Oriental.
BS is Z-Weddings.... went for my 1st fitting early this month... but disappointed at their selection of gown... giving them another chance in early Jan.

Reading your messages here.... i realised that I'm pretty late in the game already. Xiao liao..

Anyone got recommendation for JP?

junebride2010

Hi bubz and Charlene~

bubz- my coordinator is carine and elson. =) i've only met them once so far.. kinda chosen my gown.. but going down to see and confirm again soon.. prob this week.. who are yours? have u chosen ur gowns?
im not taking the photography from them as we like a photography company's photos and all. =) but from what i gathered from the forum, di gio's photos seems quite good too. =)

Charlene - really? same place? cool!! which ballroom u took? im having mine on the 35th floor. what about u?

hey Janet!
welcome to this forum. =)
may i ask why u chose tuesday? auspicious day? =)
don worry.. still got about 6 months to plan. =)

zephyr2010

Hi all, am looking to sell my package with Bliss, that includes photoshoot at Bintan, inclusive of ferry to and fro Bintan (i.e. no need to pay for yourself and Photographer, etc.)
Package is $3988 inclusive of 40poses of pre-wedding album, metalic finishes for full album, and 2x Sisters' Dresses and 2x Brother suits to rent.
Pls email me for full package details, at [email protected] if you are interested. Thank you!

Fabulosity

Makeup Artist
Hi all,

Do take a moment to check out our makeup services on www.fabulosity-web.com if you're looking for a makeup artist.

Please feel free to call me at 9101 4995 for more information. We provide makeup services for mom/ bridesmaids as well.

We also provide made-to-measure gowns through our appointed designers.

Cheers!

cookiesesame

Diana! hee..i am sure you are the Diana that i know! hee..so fun to "meet" you here!

Hey everyone! i am new here! A June Bride to be!

Wedding date: 17th June
Banquet: Atrium Suite at Mandarin Oriental

Bridal gown: Teh Wedding Present
Photog: Steph Tan ( www.Stephtan.com )
Videographer: TBC

hee..went for my gown design last week and i am gg to take my measurments this week! cant wait! so exciting!

btw..have any of you ladies started looking/booking the JP for the solemenization?

cookiesesame

tsk tsk tsk..yes yes..we shld meet up soon! hee..trust that we stay in the same neighborhood!

yup yup! MTM my gown..bt wun be keeping my wedding gown la..bt my evening one i will..and my tea dress lo...hee..

clueless0610

hello everyone,
I'm a June 2010 BTB... As I read through this thread - am thinking to myself.. OMG.. everyone is so organized n well prepared!!!
We've got nothing organized and still trying to firm up the dates. LOL.

Good luck to everyone here.. and I'd prob come back for lots of questions!!!

cookiesesame

hey! no worries! u will soon get the stuff all done! hee..i was as clueless as u awhile back.bt things will fall in place once u set the date! Good luck!=)

bubbly_bubbles

Hi ladies, I'm a Jun 2010 BTB as well... I'm looking for dresses for my JMs whose sizes range from S - XL. Price < $50/dress. Any recommendation? Thanks...

huiying17

Hi gals, how's ur wedding prep? My wedding date is 6 June I'd be going to Taiwan next month for my photo shoot. Beginning to feel the stress Seems like there are many things to do.

elbarc

hihi.. i am going Taiwan in March too..
I seem kinda free.. Kinda lost. dont know wad to do... Not sure if i miss out anythg..
HuiYing.. mind to share what u busy with?

huiying17

Hi Elbarc, we are trying to come up with a wedding program now. Because I'd be doing church wedding on the same day as the dinner, we need to discuss with the relevant people and have some sort of rehearsal in May so we are planning the songs and program now. The song lists would take some time to compile. Alternative would be to ask if the hotel has a list of songs and u use theirs to play during the banquet. Would also be going for food tasting on 7 Mar. And we are also trying to decide the color theme of our bedroom so that we can have it ready by May before we shift the furniture in.

newbiewed_gal

Hi ladies! Havent been v active on the forum but back now! Gosh, 107 days to go! Our big day is June 12, Marriott Hotel. Having a church mass at St Teresa's too. As of now, we've settled Bridal, Locations. STill have a long way to go
Just getting started on mass booklets! *faints*
But i am, like everyone here, looking forward to the wedding &amp; marriage!
happy.gif

newbiewed_gal

hi! i need some recommendations and I am getting kinda stressed.
the wedding singers i wanted cant make it on my wedding day. anyone has anyone to recommend? I have Yours Truly, Dream a Little Dream's contact but my HTB wants a more interactive wedding duo...
Help?
happy.gif

bliss_bb

Dear all,

I've 10 bottles of Wolf Blass Eagle Hawk Chardonnay left over after my wedding banquet. Willing to let go at a cheap price.

Smell : Light fruity smell

After-taste : Smooth and easy finish.

Do contact me at [email protected]

missy_micey

Hi newbiewed_gal,

I just saw Wedding Harmony at the Merchant Court Wedding Show. They're good! I really like Lorraine, very friendly.

I going for the package with Zendrum. Just nice, I was worried I didn't have enough space for a band. But she explained the Zendrum is like a guitar that produces the sound of drums
happy.gif

elbarc

Just heard from my hotel coordinator that Compass is quite strict these days. Or any songs we use ( Eg, March-In, Montage ) we need to have the original CD. Thought of combing songs from various CD into 1.. Think it cant be done now.. Anyone of u encounter this too?
Btw, I am looking for " Da Xi Shi" sound track. Anyone knows where to get it? Cant find in CD rama.

junebride2010

hello girlstuff, for hard liquer.. i believe you need to bring your own stash..
but they must be duty-paid if im not wrong..
check with your hotel if they charge cockage too.. =)

June Brides! the big day is coming soon!! in less than 2 months?! how's preparations?

mrs_wong

To All June brides out there,

Urgent need your help...due to some personal reason, i need a wedding card urgently that is dated 5/6/10...sincerely hope tht someone can help me...

i will pay u for a small fee...

If u need to know why, kindly PM me...

really hope that someone there can help me.

junebride2010

Hey Elbarc,

i did my car plate at far east plaza. level 3 or 4. a shop that sells all the wedding stuff...
it was about 40 or 40 plus... can't really remember the exact pricing..

deillusioned

hi girls, need some help with the AD morning prog... can let me know if im on the right track? Really duno what to do
sad.gif

6am - MUH/PG/Jiemeis @ Bride.
8am - Groom n party arrive. Younger bro kick bridal door car and open.
805am - gate crashing
9am - groom enter bride room, unveil.
>> Does my mum give us tang yuan and stuff to eat now or later? She does not know the traditions.
930am - Groom/Bride/whole entourage go to groom home
10am - tea ceremony
>> Anything else we need to do here?
1045am - Groom/Bride/whole entourage go to matrimonial home for bride to change?
11am - All to bride parents place for tea ceremony + lunch.

Is this schedule correct? Im not too sure of the sequence, pls help...

clarius

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, am a jun bride too. 9th June to be exact.
happy.gif

Cookiesesame > Just saw that your photographer is Steph! She was my photographer for my rom few mths back. She's really so sweet and nice. and the photos she took are really good. You've made the right choice!

sandee

Hi Chermaine Lim,

Do u mind sharing ur experience with Whitelink bridal and can share ur pre-wedding shoot photos?
Thanks.