(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

shanghaitang

Hi BTB/HTB, there will be a wedding workshop this sat 24 oct 2009 at holiday inn parkview...
happy.gif
heard the participating vendors are sattine bridal house and coffee n tea dreamworks...powerhouses + newly reno ballrom!

elbarc

Hi All, had changed my dates from Nov to Jun 10..
Anyone having AD on 13th Jun? Hows all yr preparation? Just starting to go facial & dieting.. Not sure if its too late.. =)

nayuqi

MEME! on 13th June.
ive booked my banquet at Pan Pac.
booked my AD VG & PG with Ideal Productions (Stanley Oh & Derrick Than)
gotten my BS - Sattine.
went for choosing of my wedding gown n evening gown, so nw chose the 2 gowns already, will be going for fitting in december.
think thats all i have done for nw ba.

Facial havent start..
n failing big time in dieting! haha. keep eating leh

deillusioned

hi gals,

mine's 19 June too~
happy.gif

Banquet - booked
BS - 2 wks time will be meeting to discuss the design of the gown
PG - yet to book (should i already book by now?)
VG - not planning to get

Diet - cant get down to doing it! haha....
Facial - not sure where is good, any recommendations too?

happy.gif
happy.gif

bubblene

yay im going down to bridal studio today to see gowns! ^_^

so excited! :p

seems like most of us are not succeeding in our diet plans. haizzzz...

elbarc

Hi bubz, i just took a facial package frm leonard drake..not too sure if its good. Will be having my 1st session next tues.. will let u know if its good.hehe

elbarc

Kelly : ^5 =)
My banquet is at Holiday Inn.. Btw did u get any shifu to count the date for u? My BS is Julia Wedding News.. Derrick Than.. i met up with him b4.. His a nice chap, isnt he? I like his work too !! Initally wana take him for ROM but now we decided to go it togather on AD...

Lin & bubz: Agree !! Cant get down to doing it..
thk am starting to eat more instead...haahhah

nayuqi

yeah.. my MIL looked for a shifu to help us get the date. we wasnt that particular abt auspicious date, and my MIL is, so we let her find lor.

ohh.. ur AD is 10 June hor? im using Derrick Than as my PG leh. so he be busy during that week with ur wedding n mine. hee During the meeting with him and Stanley, i find Stanley is more approachable, maybe cause Derrick didnt really talks a lot. Im just afraid he couldnt interact well with my relatives when taking group photos. Those journalistic photos, im confident of his skills la.

bubblene

@ Elbarc
I went to select some of my gowns yesterday.. heehee~ and the coordinator also took down my measurements..

I'm suspecting that after trying on the gowns and having your measurements taken, we girls might be more motivated to watch our diet.. LOL! Cos if not will be very paiseh if we go down to bridal studio a few weeks later and put on weight.. =/

Let's jiayou everyone!
happy.gif

notrough

Hi BTBs, since so many people asked me on how to make their wedding specials, I finally compile my wedding blog on all my ideas and research to make our wedding so special and unforgetable for young and old including for ourself.

You can check my blog on below to get some ideas:
http://specialwedding09.wordpress.com/

Do check it out from time to time..I update the blog all the time :). It's all FREE information.

ivan9127

Hi ALL,

My date is on 03 June

Banquet - Booked
BS - Booked
PG - Book
VG - Book

Currently looking for Florist and printing on cards.

Any recommendations ?

josiedare

Hi all,

I realise there is a few ppl having AD on 19th June, so 19th June is good date for wedding yeah. Cos I did't get a sifu to calculate for me. Mine is also on 19 June.

joga

hi my date is 26 june.i just book my venue this mth. i am so tired.
i know it is kinda last min, i just get to know my wedding would be june. din know wedding so tired. very hard to juggle work and last min wedding and flat. wonder how to suvive. how much more stuff i need to do leh?

nayuqi

hi joey,
if you find that you didnt have the time, then opt to do a simple one, or spend a bit more and get the wedding planner to do the things for you.

if the parents are the one giving you the stress to get this/that done, try and get their understanding and let them help you get the things done, if not dont give so much requests..

joga

thanks Kelly!

But I have limited money like a lot of BTB.
but some money have to be spent cos my BF is only son.
so rush, i am wondering maybe i skip the photoshoot. maybe later when i am more free. though i am excited, but i am not so excited abt the amt of money going to throw in. i can see that for few months is going to eat alot of grass, and i dont think this is a future of a newly married.

anyway, i will gamba te. just want to know what other things need to do just in case i missed out

ice_lemon_tea

Hi gals, im new to this thread..nice to c u all here!
happy.gif

hey joey, my AD is also on 26 june..now getting abit stressed leh..cos its nearer to date le..seem lots of things to be done, but i havent done anything yet..abit lazy..but booked my venue, bridal and bought wedding bands..pg n vg still sourcing, selected some wedding songs too..im also getting fat! urghh! how to get rid of the fats?? going to re-new my facial package soon too..wow, lots of cash out flow mann! no more shopping
sad.gif
btw, will be going for gown selection next fri..excited! when u gals going to have ur photoshoot?

lambies

hihi all =)

disappeared for a while cos of work (Again) zzz.

ice lemon tea, my photoshoot next march... when's yours? ahhhh me trying to lose fats too.. gags.

ice_lemon_tea

hi junee, nice to mit u here! hmm..im thinking dunno when i shld schedule the photoshoot..cos feb is cny n mar he got in camp training for 3 wks..will it be very late if its in april? or too early if its in jan? after feb confirm will get fatter cos of the festive season lor..

ice_lemon_tea

hi fuz_mind, nice to mit u here too! will be having my dinner at concorde hotel (formerly le meridien hotel)..how abt u? now i dunno whether to have my photoshoot earlier or later leh..how abt u? seem like lots of things to do..when i think of it, really gan cheong..might as well juz register for marriage at ROM can liao..sigh~ btw, have u started on doing parts of the prep?

joga

hi lemon tea and fuz mind,great we are all on the same date, but mine only lunch, less fuss.. wa i think i very late. i din even source for PG, VG, wed bands and gowns, fats...even worse! siao liao. maybe i need to delegate to my man.y do i feel i busy marry myself off leh

jessica_lee

Hi, i am new to this thread. I will be having my solemniation and customary on the same day (8 of June 2010). I have booked most of the stuffs (like bridal shop, wedding banquet, AD PG & VG. But I cant help feeling stressed... because my bf is very busy with work and we hardly meet every week.. And most of my friends asked me to get a wedding planner to help me.. Any BTB engage wedding planner despite planning almost everything. Thanks

fuz_mind

Hi lemon tea and joey,

sorry been MIA because of work.... doing my dinner at sheraton.... doing my photoshoot in Feb. my photographer kinda said that april for photo shoot is the latest possible date for a june wedding (for him lah). i'm just using the cny period to take pictures due to our work schedule. luckily our photographer is very accomodating.
happy.gif

i'm very slack leh. hahah think because i have already done my rom already.... so somehow i already feel married:p but yeah starting to feel stressed too....

nayuqi

Hi Aliyah Smith..
theres is no 1 best day for everyone.. if you wana go the chinese auspicious way, you need to calculate in the you and your hb's zodiac and birth days and also the parents zodiac. that will be the best day for u to hold wedding..

if not.. 10/10/10 is a nice day to get married
happy.gif

hi all, somehow.. im not feeling the stress yet.. but im still putting on weight.. n not exercising -_-"

bellecmm

Hi All! Newbie to this thread here.

My customary will be on 4th June, is still sourcing for packages in V & P. Make up artist too.. as my bridal package was taken in JB.

Any comments on the MUA rate @ $580 for AM & PM makeups? I didn't know wats the market rate like now..

timhong

Hi all! I'm new to this thread
happy.gif
My AD is on 23 Jun and I've already booked banquet and bridal studio. Looking for AD photographer and JP now. Any good recommendations? Esp for photography less than $2000..Thanks lots!!

huiying17

Hello! Happy to announce that I'm a 6 June bride - just settled banquet and bridal studio too. For those who have yet to settle their bridal studio, can consider dropping by Emanuel B. I love their WG!

jm20610

Hi All June Brides,

I am a newbie to this forum. Happy to see a group of excited June BTB. My AD is on 20th June 2010.
I have only settled the Banquet and BS. I guess i still have lots of time ??

Cheers.

timhong

Hi Jessica,

Our wedding is just 3 days apart
happy.gif
and same sentiment as you that there is still plenty of time..haha. But think next up will be to secure AD photographer. When's your PS?

jm20610

Hi Kelly,

Great. i realised that we have alot in common
happy.gif

Have u chosen your gown at Sattine?

Hi Lee SH,

I have not even decided on my photoshoot. My first appt at BS will be in Dec. And yes ! I am looking ard for a photographer/ videographer.

deillusioned

Jessica Lee: hey gal dont fret. My other half is also very busy too and is not always free too.
Have settled my BS (and gown design) and banquet so far only. Will settle PG this week and no VG for us. We're also preparing for our flat renovation so its kinda crazy but enjoy it in the process coz its once in a lifetime.
happy.gif

I dont think you need a wedding planner unless you're planning to do up your flowers, gifts, decor, etc (aside from what's given by the hotel). Basically a wedding planner will set you back a few thousand and 'she' will normally do all the liasons for you. But it seems like you're pretty much done
happy.gif

nayuqi

Hi Jessica> Yeah. chosen already. but only chose for the WG and EG. the rest havent choose yet. I need to call Danny and ask how many more gowns can i choose. hee

jm20610

Hey Kelly - so ur coordinator at Sattine is Danny too? Have made an appt with him to choose my gowns in Dec. They should have plenty of choices.

Hi Lin - i am just taking things one at a time. Btw, i am also looking ard for a new place. Have not got that one settled yet too.
Maybe i will freak out closer to my wedding
happy.gif

nayuqi

Hi Jessica > yupz yupz. After a couple of changes in coordinator (ever since i bought my pkg 2 yrs back), my coordinator is now fixed at Danny.

Hi Rachel > nope. havent seen this b4. havent start buying guo da li stuffs.. but think wont buy such slippers ba.. coz my hb wont wear. hee

timhong

Hi Jessica,

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself at the BS trying on many gowns. Hope you'll set eyes on the perfect gown
happy.gif

jessica_lee

Hi Lin, apologises for late reply. Thanks for the advice. I cant help worrying that something might go wrong on AD. I agreed wth you, maybe the planning for the whole process is too overwhelming sometimes. Thanks Babe.. :)

purple80

hi gals,
my AD is also on 19th June 2010..

Banquet : Booked
BS : Booked (Just done with my gown fitting Taking Photo in January 2010)
Photographer : Booked from BS
Videography : Don't intend to have..(Save $$)

Diet : On-going
Wedding favors : Still looking although the restaurant is giving mini pineapple tarts as favours
Wine : still looking for suppliers

happy.gif

hubbylubby998

<font color="ff0000">Hi all JUST TO share:

hmmm.....for those wedding date nearing, juz to share few tips...from my experience la....haaa:</font>

<font color="0000ff">* excel sheet for tables, arrangement of who n who to seat tgh, with floorplan muz b made, so easier to see and give guests to know what directions to walk to for their tables...please print alot copies for number of receptionists and ushers

* Brides all must have these items packed for hotel stay and wedding day...
- a set or 2 sets of casual clothes (depends how many nights staying
- your regular hair shampoo n CONDITionER!! AS AFTER MORNING, return to hotel to wash lots hairspray from hair, use conditioner 1st then shampoo then conditioner to make hair soft again...hair serum also if ok
- makeup remover!! i m using the BIORE removal wipes, very good and cheap!! =) i used abt 3 pieces to make sure NO makeup traces on my face!!
- NU Bra, nipple tape (i gt some gowns no use nu bra, thus use nipple tape to cover my spot..haaa)
- double sided tape, as some gown may have pop up ends, look no nice, so i use dbl side tape to secure loose ends..can request from Bridal studio also...
- pins
- skincare
- powder, eyelash glue
- tissues, wet tissues
- hair spray, hair glitter, body glitter (i bought those glitter bottle spary kind from i think chameleon)
- tote bags (to carry them lo)
- hp/camera charger
- contact lens case, extra pair, solution and thongs (as had forgotten mine, called home to ask brother to bring for me,lol)
- extra empty hongbaos, juz in case need to give HB to VG/PG/who???</font>

<font color="ff6000">* guest book w can use markers/pens
* photo albums
* photo displays
* montages (labeled w sequence, mute or not mute)
* suits n gowns
* shoes n wedding shoes
* accessories
* corsages
* FLOWERS!! (some may forget! bride to carry n remember at all times!!)
* songs CDs to be played at dinner
* aNG bAO bOX (IF NOT USING HOTEL'S)
* hair wax / gel for the guys
* belts (guys)
* pants (guys)</font>

angelink43

Hi, I'm also new in this thread, my AD is 19 June for Holy Matrimony and 20th June for Banquet.

I settled venues,bridal,PG, photoshoot prewed and just confirmed my videographer by Alvinadeline. I contacted them on May but didnt confirmed, now their package has gone up 600$ from the last price I checked!!

Am I too late for facial? I need to tighten my pores...

bubblene

hi esther and lovelaughkiss,

mine's also on 19th june! ^^
where are you all having your dinners? :p

@ laughandkiss
i totally forgot all about facial!
sad.gif
any suggestions for facials? :">

chocolatey

Hi all...

Just to chk...wat kind of manicure are u gals planning to do for your photoshoot? I'm doing my outdoor photoshoot next monday...and i was wondering wat manicure...any advice?