(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

deillusioned

junee: hi gal! mine is the Vanda ballroom too... i love the recept area coz its beautiful to overlook lounge and have live piano music from the lounge for my guests
happy.gif

My AD is on 19June, how bout urs?
happy.gif

Yea the losing weight part is so hard ! Am trying now but duno why recently there seems to be alot of yummy food ard hahahaa,,,,,,

lambies

Hey lin sorry to reply so late! : My AD is 12 June - 1 week before you! =) I really like the reception area for Vanda haha (even more than the ballroom lol)

Charlene: I'm holding a church wedding, having it same day as dinner. Are you thinking of one too?
happy.gif

charlene_ong

Hi...Junee, yes, i am having a church wedding and dinner on the same day. My AD is 4 june 2010. I went to see Marina Mandarin grand ballroom...I like it. Then after that i went to Meritus Mandarin...i like it even more...and the lady who serve us is very nice. So we have decided to hold our banquet there.

I am not very sure the itenary for the whole day on AD. How do you plan ur time...

nicky_liu

Hi everyone, i am new to this site. Any suggestions on a good place to look for wg + eg? Have tried some shops along tanjong pagar already. I heard there's a clearance sale by a designer named kevin seah next month. Any advise on what to look for, please?

lambies

Hey Charlene
happy.gif
I heard Meritus Mandarin is very nice too! But its too big for me cos' my dinner is small so can't have it there. I think it'll look really good next year, esp after the facelift that they are undergoing now!
happy.gif

I'm not too sure about itinerary too.. prob gatecrashing, church, tea ceremony, dinner. should have time to rest a bit i hope
sad.gif
But it's all thoughts now

Hi Nicky! You can try Emanuel B. Couture, it's at the lane behind Tanjong Pagar - they're having a clearance sale too. Depends on your budget - easier to narrow down after you fix your budget =) When's your AD?

nicky_liu

Hi junee, thanks for the advice. My AD is not fixed yet, need to research more on venues and all. But targeting May or June. My budget for wg & eg gowns should be not more than 6k for both.

deillusioned

junee: agreed! Congrats again hehehe.....

Nicky: KS gowns are v nice. Couture designs but not sure of the price thou. But your budget is quite big for ur WG/EG so i think you wouldnt have any problems finding a good BS. You might like to set ur wants and good-to-haves so you know which BS can offer you that in terms or designs and MUH. I settled mine with TWP
happy.gif

Anyone has good photographer to recommend as im starting my search on the pre-wed and Ad one already heheeh.....

charlene_ong

Nicky : What does TWP stand for? heehee

For me i have settled my BS in May cos I just had my solemnisation on 6 August. So the whole wedding package includes ROM package too. I sign up with Thomson Wedding Collection...at Tanjong Pagar. They have very very very good deals.

Junee: Ya...meritus mandarin ballroom is very big. It can take up to 90 tables but we dun have that many. We have 40 tables. so they allow. The whole place is very nice. How many tables do u have? Btw, on ur AD, what time do u have to reach groom house?

deillusioned

bubz: oh cool can PM me his contact or website pls?
happy.gif
I've only met 2 so far and they are the one-man show type rather than big studios, not that bad thou~

charlene: TWP stands for The Wedding Present.
happy.gif
Its located at Bukit Pasoh...

lambies

Charlene: I have about 20+ tables so I settled for a smaller venue =) Actually I haven't planned my AD programme or anything.. me fretting over trying to find and buy a house and wedding bands now =(

I don't really know what time to reach groom's house leh.. think must ask the senior citizens.. :/ how about you?

bubz: derrick takes really nice pics!

charlene_ong

Junee : oic...me too...haven really plan the actual day programme yet...will ask my jie mei cos they are all Mrs liao. haha...

On my AD, i have to reach my hubby's house b4 5am...super duper early...cos we got see the auspicious timing lor...

which bridal shop did u sign up wif?

lambies

Hey Charlene, wow!! before 5am!! That means you start makeup at 2/3am? Very early.. but can rest in afternoon I guess
happy.gif

I signed up with Bridal Veil
happy.gif
I love their gowns - style is more simple. Check it out too! =) www.bridalveilonline.com Have you gone down to any bridal studios since you last posted?
happy.gif

lin: TWP's very nice! I went down to take a look that time too =)

deillusioned

bubz > Thanks! His pictures are quite nice i must say
happy.gif

charlene > wow thats super early!
happy.gif

junee > me also haven planned for AD programme. Think still very early dun worry. Settling the bands and house is more important at this moment
happy.gif

chocolatey

Hi all! My AD also in June 2010
happy.gif

I'm going for gown fitting this Sep and taking photos this Dec...any idea where to get nice shoes to go with the gown?

chocolatey

Kelly> cos i'm onli free during dec tats why take photos earlier hehe...

do we need to prepare anything for gown fitting? need to get the shoes ready by then?

charlene_ong

Hi Junee. yesh! It's very early...guess make up artist will arrive at my place ard 1am or 130am. cos my hubby will reach my place at ard 3am. Heehee!

Lin : Yesh, it's really super duper early. What abt yrs?

Btw, I have to choose my gown in December...photo shoot will be ard early March. Have your chosen your gowns?

deillusioned

charlene > omg 1am!! thats UBER early! Think you will really need to rest once the morning session is over
happy.gif

Mine is very simple no strict timing to follow and family not traditional. So just the usual jie xing niang, jing cha, probably abt 8+am? (can sleep more!)

As for my gown i think 1st appt to discuss design is in late October and pre-wed shoot in March.

Think now, the only thing is to settle PG/entourage/program till 1st appt...

How about u? Preparations all done yet?

nayuqi

wow.. 1am. by night your eyes would be so tired le lor!

yeah yeah. shld get ur shoes ready for photoshoot
everything can be an accessory in photo taking
happy.gif

lambies

Charlene: omg omg omg how do you do it? Very pei fu you haha =) At least on the bright side.. no need to sleep and have to endure terrible feelings when waking up =)

Did you have a make-up artist already?

lin: do you think jing cha can do at hotel? (yes I'm that lazyyyy)

nayuqi

junee: can. as long as both side parents r ok. just get the relatives down earlier for the tea ceremony before dinner. hee

lambies

kelly: thanks!
happy.gif

Has any of you gotten your wedding bands yet? :D I haven't... still shopping around. Bleah so many things to do

jodare

Hi all,

I'm also holding my AD in june 2010. Mine is separated into 2 days. Church wedding on Sat and dinner on Sun night.

charlene_ong

Lin : Haha...ya lor...super early! Hope I can tahan all the way...it's 24 hrs awake.

Well, my preparation ar...erm...kind of ok...i will choose my gown early December...photo shoot will be early March. Meanwhile, still not so busy...just working out the guest list. Maybe ltr on will be busy as in have to go down to bridal shop quite often and oso to the hotel. Where will ur dinner be held?

charlene_ong

Hi Junee, my make up artist ar...settle liao...cos it's in our wedding package. But i am thinking if i should change cos this make up artist did my make up for my rom. I find it not bad but my hubby said not that good. So dunno leh...still deciding. What abt u? Settled le ma?

Btw, has ur solemnisation been settled or u are doing it on actual day?

chocolatey

junee> i've bought the wedding bands in May this year...more than a year in advance for the wedding haha...abit kiasu rite...bought them from Soo Kee...we started our search quite early cos I was worried I can't find something I like (I'm quite fussy!)

deillusioned

charlene > u r good! i will look like a zombie man
sad.gif
yeah mine pretty much the same too. Im doing my banquet at Marina Mandarin just the AD coz i did my ROM in june this year already
happy.gif

junee > me got already coz had to do ROM earlier this year (coz we got our flat already). Got our bands from Bvlgari, the classic b zero i design
happy.gif

nicky_liu

Lin - thanks for the advice on wg. U can try 39 East for photography.

Lucy - i have also made an appointment at the KevinSeah clearance sale on the 10th. Perhaps I'll see u there? ;)

lambies

Hihi all!
happy.gif
Sorry was MIA-ing a bit cos' very busy with work.

Kelly: Thanks for the advice
happy.gif
will prob have to ask my dad abt the tea ceremony - he's traditional, yet he also quite blur about the traditions haha.

Charlene: Me don't have MUA yet - fr my bridal studio so not sure yet.. i'm doing solemnisation on wedding day so no ROM to prepare (1 less headache ... plan for 1 wedding i want to faint already haha)

Wowee
happy.gif
So many of you have rings already! So exciting hee! Like Jolyn, I'm also quite fussy so still looking around.. nt doing ROM so I guess I have a litttle bit more time perhaps
happy.gif
lin: the Bvlgari ring's beautiful.. good choice!

deillusioned

nicky > thanks for the recommendation. I actually do know of someone from 39East doing the photography but abit ex. So am considering a free-lancer to do my pre-wed and AD actually.

Junee > thanks! I prefer the 3-band one but that more like a fashion piece than wedding band haha... Anyway its a little bulky on my finger (the HB loves it thou).

An advise to all (since ive already got my bands and i saw some really nice ones!), you can visit Loang & Noi @ Vivocity. I saw some very nice wedding bands there and they are quite affordable (of coz not the full diamonds one hehe)... so you gals can go there and take a look....

Hey all, just want to check. On AD, do u wear both your rings on your finger when u march in? Is it compulsory?

nayuqi

I think i will wear both rings on my finger during the AD wedding. hee. my wedding band arent too "blinky" ma. so add it with the proposal ring to look nicer.

chocolatey

Hey gals...anyone went for gown-fitting yet? I jus did mine yesterday...was quite fast hehe...managed to find gowns that I like!

Kelly: one hand for diamond ring...the other for wedding band? which hand for which? does it matter?

nayuqi

oh.. i put both rings on the fourth finger of my left hand.
it looks nicer. more bling bling. Hee.

So fast gown fitting le ah? Im going to schedule mine in oct. But.. still so fat now. how how.

lambies

Kelly: did you match your wedding band with your proposal ring? I'm thinking about it - still finding suitable ring :D

Jolyn: me haven't gone for gown fitting yet.. maybe nov I think.. :D

Kelly (again): I'm trying to lose weight too!! :D

charlene_ong

Hi all...was so busy recently...changed of jobs and all...haha...now back again...and doing the wedding website...(blog)...haha...

Ha...me too...putting on both wedding band and proposal ring on my AD...

As for gown fitting, I will be doing it in December...hope it's not too late...since mine is OTR and not MTM...

Best part is I keep putting on weight instead of losing weight...SIGH!!!

nayuqi

My both rings are not a perfect match, but they are both white gold. so it wont make a drastic difference.

i also had a wedding website since our ROM 1 yr back. hee. but its so outdated now, too lazy to update. keke. and nothing much has been going on yet.

girlywurly

Hi ladies or gents (if any), any advice on actual day re:pg & vg services
happy.gif
or cartoon animation if you know of any based on the current trend?
happy.gif

stellareis

Hey Gigi, it really depends on what you're looking at and your budget. For specialized field, you may consider Lighthouse for VG and RaymondPhang for PG, for one-stop service with VG+PG+Cartoon Coffee n Tea Dreamworks.

Most importantly, visit them and get a good feel from their works and services! ;)

bubblene

@ Gigi
I'm using Ichiro Films for VG.. love their works, very classy! ^_^ They're on facebook, so you can add them and take a look at their videos. For PG, I'm using Derrick Ong - love his works too! :p And he just won another award recently. ^_^

nayuqi

im using Ideal Productions Stanley Oh as my VG, and Derrick Than, their affiliated Photographer as my PG.

The pricing is around $2.5-$2.6k for the basic combo package.

girlywurly

thanks bubz and Kelly, im chekcing out their works and prices too. more towards the high end but works kinda guaranteed with awesomeness

Hi all,

Any recommendations for small wedding for 100-120paxs..
Anyway been to MY HUMBLE HOUSE for wedding dinner before??
Please shared your experience with me...

era_ho

Hey Ladies

Finally decided on my wedding date so I guess I will be posting here from now
happy.gif

Any DIY brides? I am having my wedding overseas though, in Aussie Land but because I want a Paris honeymoon, I have to save save.. so have to DIY most things..
happy.gif

Hopefully we can share ideas if anyone is DIY-ing too.

Cheers,
Su