(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

nayuqi

Think she meant cannot get 5 June for Oriental?

seemegal, its better if you can email the Pan Pacific for their latest package, because from the Pan Pac thread, it seems they have revised their prices again.

girlstuff

Thanks kelly. Yep, that was what i meant. Oriental is not available on the 5June. Actually Hyatt also not available coz i've asked them too...

girlstuff

seemegal, i think 5/6/10 is a hot date...
If youre looking at this date for your wedding, probably u gotta book a venue asap =)

dougan1981

Hi, I have booked the garden suite for my wedding on 05 June 2010 but I have no idea that it is actually a hot date. The reason why I choose this date is because it is my birthday. :)

sunshiny_missy

Hi all, I've confirmed my AD and also made a tentative booking at Marriott. Waiting for the Wedding Planner to be back from leave so that i can confirm the booking. ;)

Excited with all the preparations coming up.. Hehe. Btw, do you ladies have a timeline of all the things to be done for the wedding? i.e. when to go for gown fitting; food tasting etc. Can share with me?

chocolatey

Hi all June BTBs!

My ROM + AD oso on 5 June 2010. Din knoe it's a hot date too...but I decided on it onli in march this year...so I quickly booked...in case the venue I want is booked.

How's all your prep so far? I just booked the BS few days ago...seems like will be bz from now til next June!

girlstuff

Hi sunshine,
since u have already booked ur venue.. i guess it's time to find a BS if u have not found one yet. After BS, the rest are pretty much more relaxed... Probably planning for your photoshoot, choosing the gowns and getting the details ready.

PS is usually done 6mths before ur AD, gown fitting to be done on and off up till ur AD ( i suppose.
Food tasting is abt 1mth before ur AD. Ur hotel coordinator should contact u when it is time to do so. =)

Hope it helps. If there's anything wrong or more to add, pls feel free.. I m learning as well... My AD is june 2010. =)

nayuqi

Ive booked my venue & BS already.. now sieving out AD PG & VG. im looking more on package for both PG + VG. And probably would be contacting my BS soon to check up on designs since i have one MTM gown.

btw, does any1 knows why some threads for PGs such as EmotionPixx & VisioWorks are deleted a few weeks I have created them? I wanted to find out more, but after a few weeks, the threads ive created are gone. So weird right.

bubblene

@ sherley
hmm i thought the bridal studio will provide the makeup on actual day as well?
for PG, we're considering derrick ong.. for VG, we've kind of decided on ichiro films (they're having a promotion now).. :p

Is anyone keen on derrick ong too? wondering if can have ask for discount if more people sign up together. haha~ ;p

bubblene

@ kelly
ichiro's why keen is having a limited promotion of 2.2k for 10 couples.. for VG.
for derrick ong, it's about 3k.... :">

sunshiny_missy

Hi girlstuff, i managed to find the guide to planning the wedding on www.extraordinary.com.sg under "To-Do Checklist". You can check it out there too.

When must we book the PG and VG for the AD? I'm also looking ard but thot its still early.. hehe.

bubz, have u signed up with derrick ong and ichiro alrdy? prob can consider too..

bubblene

@ sunshine
i've just confirmed (over email) with ichiro (you should take a look at their films, really quite classy and different from others), but have not yet paid deposit or signed agreement yet..
for derrick ong, haven't signed also. let me know if you're interested, or can email me too! see if can get discount if we sign up together. hehe~ :p

nayuqi

wow.. too expensive for us.
we are looking at a budget of 2.3k for both VG + PG. hee. Dont think it make very much sense for us to spend so much for the wedding. Coz we would be going into family planning soon after that. =)

newbiewed_gal

hello! im also a June 2010 BTB.
Havent really done much yet! just choosing the hotel is stressful enough but i got my heart set on Marriott! My coodinator is a gem! Casmin! Should be sorting out the deposit within the week!
Anyone doing Marriott too?
For BS, i was thinking of Bridal Veil, went for a chat and the gowns are really gorgeous! but price a little steep so still thinking...
anyone got fantastic BS to rave about?
happy.gif

nayuqi

Oh.. Ive attended a wedding which uses Ichiro films for their AD VG. I find the express highlights very sad leh.. yah. classy la. But they took a lot of videos in the shadow, so the overall feeling like a bit.. gloomy i feel. Hee.

Currently, Im looking at Ideal Productions. Stanley Oh as VG & Derrick Than as PG. But will costs us $2.6k. Aiyah. will overshoot our budget leh. Still contemplating.. Hee.

nayuqi

hello newbiewed_gal, ive booked my venue at Pan Pacific, and BS at Sattine. So far nothing to rave or rant about yet, since not yet using their services.

newbiewed_gal

hello Kelly! I attended my aunt's wedding at Pan Pac ages ago, i was her flower girl and had a dream since then to have my wedding at pan pac... hee congrats!!

nayuqi

ohh.. pan pac this year is affordable leh. not sure whether u know this year's prices or not. but they have package of 968 nett and 1028 nett for weddings b4 sept 2010.

qiufengyi

I am also a June 2010 BTB..yeah guess 5 June is very hot date...i know for sure the bigger ballroom in gdwood park already taken up!

newbiewed_gal

kelly - pan pac rates are not too bad! thanks! but i managed to negotiate a great deal with marriott and FH and I like the hotel...
happy.gif

the first hotel i went to check out was novotel clarke quay but date was booked already! it was quite a funny experience finding out that people actually booked a year in advance! but its fun too!
happy.gif

lambies

Hello all BTBs!! :D

My fiancee and I are planning for June 2010 too.. probably 2nd week of June (??). Just started planning! So overwhelmed by info hee.

All the best!! :D

deillusioned

hi BTBs, i've booked my date for my wedding in June at Marina Mandarin...

how bout you girls? If you need some wedding packages from the 4-5 star hotels ard SG i just might have them, do leave me a msg here and i can send it over to u
happy.gif

Have not decided on my BS yet thou... any recommendations for studios who are good with MTM copy gowns?
happy.gif
happy.gif

emma_watson

hello! can u send me the packages? i am getting married around may/jun too! but havent started planning anything... quite slow huh...

my friends went to amanda lee before! i would say the service was not fantastic but ok, and the dress turned out pretty nice. or maybe it depends on what you're looking for
happy.gif

nayuqi

this thread is crawling very slow.. hee..

hermione, not to worry.. we start planning early is coz we kiasu ma.

Hee. now my main task is to lose a lot of weight.. at least 10kg to go before the photoshoot!! gosh. jiayoujiayoujiayou!

deillusioned

hermione: Pls leave me your email address. Also do let me know which hotels you prefer coz ive got too many to send over.

Ive heard of amanda lee too but heard she is very ex.... so keeping to the few selected ones...

And yes girls.... have to start working out abit already coz photoshoot will be around dec?

BTW, where have you girls planned to? Banquet? BS? AD Photographer? AD program? I also duno when to start so now so kiasu trying to plan out everything....

nayuqi

Hee.. Ive confirmed my Banquet venue 3 months ago, my BS(18 months ago due to my ROM), and my PG & VG 1 month ago! keke. i m super kiasu i must admit. hee

me n my hb we are planning to do our photoshoot in jan/feb period. but we have 1 MTM gown, so will start looking at gown designs probably in Sept/Oct ba.

bubblene

@ Kelly
How are you planning to lose weight? Any tips to share? I've been trying to cut down my calorie intake, but I have a severe lack of discipline.. keep snacking, so not much success in losing weight.
sad.gif

I think have to book PG + VG soon.. We've just confirmed it, and both our PG and VG told us they will be increasing the prices (by almost 1k each!) in Sept.. so do hurry book if you haven't done so. :p

emma_watson

lin: My email is hermione82(at)hotmail.com.
Please send me for hotels around town 5* and also any sentosa ones if u have! thanks a lot!

kelly: i also wanna lose weight man! only got less than a year to wedding lor. sigh. must be hardworking now! im only starting now, very bad.

lin: I just started planning, only thing we have decided on is photographer but still waiting for him to tell us if he is free on that day! hehe. ok, i'm actually not going for BS, gonna buy a white dress by myself haha. so the only thing i need to arrange is my lunch reception hotel/rtn.

nayuqi

hehe.. as a matter of fact.. im only starting this week!! hohoho. i mean the dieting la. i promised my HB.. no more snacking.. no more durians until wedding over. hee. and also for dinners, try to eat minimal rice, just the veggies and soup will do. thats my starting plan. Breakfast & Lunch i still eat as per normal, but trying to stay off potatoes & corn now. They are my fave!

But for exercising wise, i havent done any yet. Hee. Used to exercise with my WII FIT few months ago, but i injured my leg, and then end up slacking until now. Hee.. And my weight went up as well during this period :S So, im gona start doing some easy exercises with the WII FIT again soon.. And maybe when HB gets his SAFRA card, which we just apply, we will try to make it for a swimming session once each week. Hee. Thats my plan la. N hope it works.

Hermione > your plan looks simple, not the extravagant kind. i think its cool. Saves a lot of hassle too. Seriously lor, Sometimes i feel so stupid to prepare so many things for just that 1 day. Hee. But i am still doing it. so contradicting.

deillusioned

hermione > have emailed u but the file is very big i think there's abt 6MB i hope it gets to you!
happy.gif

Your plan for the wedding looks so easy, so happy for you, not so much planning
happy.gif

emma_watson

kelly: i know man! i sometimes think it is easier to have a big wedding because it seems like it's the way to go when planning a wedding. i'm finding it so hard to keep it small man! i sometimes get tempted to make it really big too cos everyone is doing it. and it's harder to find a venue for a smaller group it seems, some hotels want minimum of 30-40 tables?!?! i think i will have to invite my kindergarten friends to make up the numbers lor! haha!

and thanks for the amara link! i was thinking of checking out that hotel too! i will be married in church so no need a solemnisation venue, but i do want to have big windows for daylight in my lunch venue!
happy.gif

lin: thanks for the email! so helpful! hehe... i feel a little stressed cos i'm a very artsy person so i want to personalise everything. i used to think it will be easy for me, but now i think i have too many ideas and i find it hard to decide on one! hope i have enough time to make everything that i want to make. plus also getting a house during this time, so like suddenly everything cramp together... wonder if 9 months will pass by in a flash or what man.

how long u gals take to plan everything huh? i think its fun to post on sg brides forum. can relieve stress abit haha.

nayuqi

hee.. i started my planning in bits and pieces ever since my ROM which is in feb 2008. keke.
Did some reading.. Download some nice music that can be used. Did up the budget planning, and even shortlisted my jiemeis n HB's brothers (havent asked them though). Ive even done up a brief AD Schedule back then - the route to take, whose car even. muahaha. But all these are subjected to changes.
My previous job had lots of time for me to do all these boliao stuffs. Hehe. But my current job dont have such privilege already.

Before i went around searching for hotels, i already have a 90% confirmed TO-INVITE guest list. From this, i can then better estimate how many guests and how many table i should look at.

deillusioned

hermione > glad the email was of help. Those were the hotels that i requested from though I met only abt 5 of them. Cant help you with the Sentosa one coz it was way out of budget and abit in convenient for my guests so striked it out immediately when choosing.

As for my gown, likewise, initially i thought just settle for a cheaper BS that has full package and get an OTR gown. But as i got more 'involved' i decided on MTM, coz i wanted a more contemporary design and more like what u see on runways rather than the gowns u see on brides mags. Then the matching accessories, shoes thing start getting into me and now i want to customise EVERYTHING! Its crazy haha.... but it feels really good....
happy.gif

Oh time will pass very fast i must say... i settled on my banquet early this month, now trying to settle BS and accessories so that as the date nears i dun have to rush thru everything... can relax and pamper myself ma... u shld too!

BTW, if you are looking for some gowns idea, i recommend u visit www(dot)brides(dot)com they have such an extensive range of designs include couture designs, it might give u a better idea on what u would like on your gown....
happy.gif

hope this helps everyone here .....

happy.gif

emma_watson

this is my fave wedding website by far:
http://www(dot)marthastewartweddings(dot)com/
love the pictures and ideas! very inspirational.

ya lin it usually starts out that way! haha, once u start u cant stop! just gotta customise everything man... haha, i totally get it. cos thats what happened with my friends too.

i also want to settle everything by this year so i can just zuobo until next year. haha. no rush man, hate rushing. plus i need time to do my diy projects haha.

deillusioned

kelly > hehe enjoy! u're funny....

hermione > yupyup! i wan to do that too...! Anyway im going to settle my BS, AD photographer/videographer soon. Yippeee! That leaves me with losing some weight, toning up, planning AD program and gathering the xiongdi/jiemeis
happy.gif

Ya lor if have time better do now, coz rushing at the end part will be more stressful...

how bout u?
happy.gif
happy.gif

emma_watson

haha... that is funny

i will try to finish everything by this nov if i can! cos dec/jan im prob not around much, since it's holiday season, so yups, just wanna concentrate on other things! ya man, must lose weight lor! go running, etc. last minute rushing is very very bad!

actually we just confirmed the date, it's going to be 1st of may haha... from june become may, lagi jialat. sigh, now i gotta go to may brides forum haha...

lambies

Hihi all again!

lin, I booked Marina Mandarin too!!
happy.gif
But the smaller Vanda Ballroom not the Grand Ballroom
happy.gif
How about you?

I want to lose weight! Haha :D So yeah, let's all jiayou!