(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

sunshiny_missy

Hi Cletrica,

I havent book the venue yet. Have you? When is your AD? I'll prob book only after i look for a master to check on auspicious date. seems like the reviews on Long shifu is quite good.

As for BS, i've booked with Julia Wedding news.
happy.gif

lilacgloria

hi all, me also planning to get married in june 2010, have signed with D'gio for their wedding bridal package and still looking thru hotel banquets lists for ggod pricing and location..anyone have e list for hotel banquets listing for 2009-2010?

pepperplus

Hi all,

We have finally fixed our wedding date as 13 June 2010 already!! We have already ROM-ed in 2008, and now looking for a venue for our wedding dinner.

Today, Ive started emailing some hotels for their 2010 packages. Looking at these hotels so far:
- Pan Pacific
- Meritus Mandarin
- Grand Copthorne
- Grand Hyatt
- Sheraton Towers

But Meritus Mandarin have a min capacity of 50 tables for weekends, and we estimate 40 tables for ours, so that is out I guess.

Any other hotels is good? We need 40 pax, Budget less than 1k.

Oh.. We have also signed up for the bridal package at Sattine already
happy.gif

cljw84

Hi all, I'm also planning to get married in June 2010, have signed up with Thomson Wedding D'sign. Will be booking M Hotel for my venue once I get my auspicious date settled.

nayuqi

Hi Carol, congrats & cool
happy.gif

Ive just booked my wedding banquet at Pan Pacific over the weekend already. Now all the big decisions are made, so shall just slowly wait for the time to get nearer

eevee

anyone considering orchard parade hotel?

Wedding Banquet deposit to sell:
Venue: Antica Ballroom @ orchard parade hotel
wedding date: 16 Jan 2010 or any date in 2010
Selling package deposit($2140-negotiable). You can still negotiate a new wedding package to what you want. Interested buyer please email [email protected]

cheenapork

hi girls!
happy.gif

I'm thinking of 5 June next year. Bridal package would be either Thomson wedding or French Bridal. Which one would you think is better?

For dinner I'm still thinking if we'd do a Chinese restaurant ala Tung Lok or just settle it at some hotel
happy.gif

chocolatey

Hi all...

I'm totally clueless in planning for this wedding thingy! Am planning to hold the wedding banquet in June 2010...will keep everything simple...wat r the costs like? For hotels...how much deposit do we need to pay? Hope someone can enlighten me abit...thks
happy.gif

nayuqi

Hi Jolyn,
It depends on how many tables u require. Who is footing the bill - ur HB, u & ur HB, or ur HB parents?
For hotels, the range is around $800 - $1400 per table (inclusive of ++). so we take an estimate of $1k per table.
If you have e.g 30 tables, the total expenses would be around 30k.
As a safe guide, try to budget half of your total expenses. Meaning, if the total is 30k, try to budget 15k for it. You might need to provide leeway if your parents (bride's side) wants to request some tables from you & ur HB, that amount would be the initial "guaranteed lost".

The initial deposit for hotels are usually 3k-6k.
For Pan Pacific hotel, which I would be holding there, im paying a initial deposit of 3k for the ocean ballroom. And 1 month before the actual dinner, we would need to pay 50% of the guaranteed tables. Meaning around 15k upfront payment first. And upon check out, then settle the rest of the bill. But different hotels have different payment policies.

chocolatey

Hi Kelly,

Thks for your pointers!

Me & HB will be paying...I'm more or less settled for the dinner...oredi knoe which hotel to book...and the hotel onli need us to pay $3k deposit...dun need to pay 50% b4 dinner...so still not so straining on us hehe...

As my flat will be ready end of this yr...we will be spending quite abit of money on reno...so finances might be tight...tat's why i need to find out wat other costs i wll need to factor in...

Those photo shoot and preparation of ang paos for bros & sis that kind...in all agar agar need how much? Wat other things we need to fork out money? In fact...we're jus planning to have a simple one (at 1st I didn't even wan the dinner cos like quite ley chey and i'm so lazy haha...but bf said better have it if not my mummy might be unhappy)

chocolatey

Hi cheenapork...my wedding dinner oso on 5 June 2010 hehe...yours confirm yet?

Sorry for this noob qn...but wats AD?

lilacgloria

hi jolyn and cheenapork, my wedding will also be on the june 5th too..so chiao..dinner will be with pan pacific and bridal with digio, so far pleased with the arrangements, how about you gals??

chocolatey

Hi Gloria...

That's nice! We're having the dinner on the same date! I haven't booked the hotel yet...will be booking it in a few days' time hehe...when's your ROM?

U booked pan pac very early?

cheenapork

yo girls!! we're just aiming for 5 june 2010, hope to get the banquet date settled soon. we booked bridal package with french bridal, looking forward to wearing the gorgeous gowns haha!

jolyn AD means actual day, i.e. the banquet day. omg everyone likes 5 June! I want it cos it's a Saturday and I know FH's parents totally want a Saturday traditional dinner.. They already told us what they want included in the dishes etc haha!

My ROM is June 10 this year. Wanna do the ROM and AD about a year apart.. Housing wise haven't settled, have been trying to ballot for flat so long but no luck. Maybe try get resale come year end. Sigh...

chocolatey

Wow cheenapork & gloria...u 2 are so well-prepared...i haven't even have any idea which bridal shop to go to...haven't done much research on tat yet hehe...in fact we onli sort of decided recently...cos we jus got a flat from balloting but will be ready end of this yr tho...so now start to make some wedding prep

think u have to start booking the hotel early...when i called...it seems tat there's ppl oredi interested in that date liao! update us again!!

cheenapork

omg i am worried now cannot get hahaha. aiya jolyn don't worry, once u settle the 2 big Bs - bridal and banquet then you're all set!! i've only settled one so far.

now my big headache is the house. dunno if we should just wait for year end and aim the resale housing.
sad.gif

chocolatey

Hi cheenapork...

Quickly book the banquet if u have decided on the date...cos now is oredi April...weekend dates are snapped up very fast!

As for house...this is another big headache haha...u can try the half yearly sale from HDB this month...shd be released soon...

cheenapork

I'm going for the York Hotel wedding show on 18 April.. Keeping fingers crossed that the date wil still be available then. If it's not then another big headache about the banquet venue.
sad.gif

chocolatey

Actually if u're ok with a few venues...then u shd still have choices la...unless u die die wan a certain venue...then will have to book earlier...hope u can get it!

lilacgloria

hi jolyn, my ROM held last year sep and i decided to hold my AD next year cos wan to save up more money for my AD..haha..and some couples already asked about this date according to some hotel, i chose pan pac cos my hubby and I are pretty happy with their packages. cheenapork, wish you luck in getting your hotel banquet cos i was having headache for that one month just looking thru the hotels and arranging with the managers for appts..As for housing, i have tried 4 times balloting and i was rejected!! haiz, think i will try for resale at the end of the year too..wish me luck too..
happy.gif

chocolatey

Hi cheenapork & gloria,

I've jus booked my banquet with M Hotel...went down just now to pay the deposit...my flat will be ready some time end of this yr or early next yr...so i might be really busy to handle the reno + wedding dinner + solemnisation all during the same period of time haha...and i haven't source for a bridal shop yet...and i shd be really broke by then with everything coming at the same time
sad.gif
wish me luck in striking toto mabbe? Hee...

Gloria: Good luck to your house-hunting...I can understand the anxiety and frustration...jia you!

Cheenapork: Hope u can secure the hotel soon...& get a flat soon...jia you too!

cheenapork

yo jolyn! thanks thanks! looking at the way regalia is really selling out is so sad.. oh well, aim resale come mid-year i guess. nevertheless, i'm still feeling very excited about everything!

nayuqi

hey Gloria, im also holding my wedding dinner at Pan Pac :D
Im holding it on 13 June at its ocean ballroom.

For us, we already applied for the Yishun BTO last year, and now just waiting for it to get ready in 3 yrs time. And also bought the BS package with Sattine last yr b4 our ROM, so now whats left for me to research on is probably the PG & VG. hee. we super early in preparing all the stuffs required man!

nayuqi

Hi Jolyn, looking at the things u have to do all at one go.. its really gona b a v stressful period of planning for you. You have to work out your sums carefully. try to get interest-free installment plans for your Bridal studio, so that you can start paying every month and wont feel so tight up.

For the renovations, maybe you can do the basic stuffs first, and reduce on the furnitures until after the wedding. So that you wont be so cash-tight.
happy.gif

chocolatey

Thks Kelly...

Ya I think so too...most likely will be staying in a house with just a mattress to sleep on first haha...

lilacgloria

hey kelly, mine also will be at ocean ballroom..who's your banquet manager? mine is jocelyn..anyway can you gals tell me when is the best time to source out for PG and VG? this year or next year? me still have to source out for church stuff..
happy.gif
lots of planning but i feel lotsa fun..

nayuqi

hee.. im already sourcing out the PG n VG.. NOW lor!!

super kiasu. im thinking since im free now, so might as well just do it right. Anyway now with internet, is usually just browse through their online works, and email them for the quotations. if we like it, then meet up for further discussion lor.
So far, ive shortlisted 2 PG & VG : FotoWerks & EmotionPixx. Im thinking of choosing both from the same company for a better package :D

yeah. i enjoy doing the planning too. hee

My Wedding planner is Rosalind. Shes more of the corporate accounts side. But do "part-time" for wedding couple during wedding shows.

summer_snowy

hiyee girls.. im also a june 2010 BTB!! heez.. just settled my banquet and BS.. thought could rest a while more before i start sourcing for PG & VG.. haha.. kelly, u're really fast!!
happy.gif

eevee

Am letting go my package deposit due to increase in my guest list.

Date: 16/01/2010 (Sat) or any avail dates in 2010
Hotel: Orchard Parade Hotel

I have paid a deposit of $2140 hence am just transferring the deposit. Package details can still be negotiated with the sales person - Cornelius (either the ballroom or the restaurant, perks, etc).

http://www.tunglok.com/chinois/wedding.html

Located in Orchard Road, the venue is ideal if you are looking at between 20-30 tables, with food served from Tung Lok.

I'm willing to give a discount for the deposit paid, which would in turn be a cash rebate for you.

please email me for details and date required if anyone is interested.
email: [email protected]

Check out photos! http://eevee.multiply.com/photos/album/2

nayuqi

think coz most people goes to 2010 Brides thread.. but its too crowded there. so a bit hard to read and reply.

nayuqi

yeah. but for a quick ans, its better to go in there. hee. coz here is too slow.

Felcy, so which date r u holding ur wedding? n at where?

d_dreamz

Hi all,

I'm june BTB, hav book my banquet and put a deposit of $2.5k.
Anyone can assist/recommend me any bridal shops?
I've went to julia, my bridal room and sattine to see already. Anyone from there?
How abt Ted wu and my dream wedding..???
Need help...thanx!!

nayuqi

Im with Sattine. Only used its ROM gown, and yet to use its other services.. so cant really comment yet.

chocolatey

Hi all...

I'm still in the midst of looking for a BS...went to one BS last weekend...seems quite expensive and I dunno wat's the 'norm' like.

Will be grateful if anyone can email me wat your package includes? I'm really quite lost! My email is [email protected]

Thks in advance!!

jigglez

Hi Jolyn,

Sharing my views...

Think the norm would be around $3k+ for local BS. Designer ones are much more expensive.

It also depends on what you are looking for, anything specific? If not, then visit a few shops and you will realise that the prices are more or less the same. Then it just drills down to the quality of the gowns, photos or service that you prefer, who you trust to do your wedding.
happy.gif

bubblene

Hi! I'm also a June 2010 BTB.. ^.^
Getting quite excited..
Have also just signed package with Di Gio.. absolutely love their gowns.. :p

girlstuff

Hi all.

I am also a June2010 btb! I will be holding my banquet on 21june 2010 at Oriental.
Seems like 5june is a hot date. I had actually wanted this date but couldnt get it... So in the end, I had to settle for a Monday date.

anyway, I need advice on PG and MUA for my AD.. any recommendations??