(2010/06) June 2010 BTB

happygirl198230

hello hello? Any early birds around?
happy.gif

happygirl198230

great! finally someone is getting married same month as me. we have not gotten the dates yet. have u got any master to calculate for u?

cymk

yup... i got long shifu.. he is quite well-known here if you havent heard of him... he gave us a long list of dates based on our bazi so every other occasion like move house, ROM etc can use as well...

R u gg to a master? If you r can pass u his contacts

happygirl198230

my bf's mother will ask the relatives where they went when their sons got married. dunno if she will believe my recommendations... haha. but i think it is good to keep first hor. where did u go? is it ok to calculate without the tong shu huh? otherwise how to book our banquet right. how many dates did u get for ur customary? i heard fr my friend tt she only got 2 dates after making sure it doesnt clash w her, htb, and both side parents!

cymk

ya... better let the bf mother decide first.. tt's the tradition anyway.. my FMIL wasnt particular so we went to find a shifu on our own...

IMO, it's ok w/o tongshu cos the book only tells u which day is good n bad... but those dates may or may not be good for u n ur HTB.. so better to use bazi instead... apparently there's a hundred or thousand yr book (cant rem) that works like tongshu but it's for all dates in this hundred or thousand yrs... so wat long shifu did was to calculate according to our bazi and gave us dates that are both good for us and reflected good in the book

I m not too sure abt other shifus... but long shifu gave us dates until 2011... so there's more than enuff dates but of course if you are looking at specifically weekends only, it will cut down the list of good dates quite considerably.. i m like u too... very kan cheong abt banquet.. tt's y i told my bf cannot tu2 liao... muz hurry get dates or nvr get married LOL

hulaar

hi
thout we were early but didnt realise there is alrdy couples in e club kee kee
anyone knows is there a correct way to break e news? or can just casually announce? need to do over a dinner with family?

happygirl198230

hi hulaar,

u mean break e news to who?

for me, i told my mum first then fmy dad. but just casually tt my bf proposed. i told them my bf will come and ask for their permission personally. well in fact i know my parents feel he shld tell them himself. cos b4 he did tt, my parents dun seem keen to talk about wedding stuff w me cos i guess they dun wan to be seen as so eager to marry me off mah!

then both side parents met and officially ask lor. but not to talk bout tables and stuff. just to announce our intention to get married.

cymk

i guess there's no hard n fast rule.. really hv to depend on your parents ba...

my bf already mentioned to his mum we r looking ard at banquet venues so she's prepared.. then i want him to ask my parents 1st b4 he propose to me.. i thot it's better that my parents hear it from him 1st ba.. to me i feel more sincerity (?) kekeke.. altho my fren did say could be the guy propose 1st then tell the parents... i think over a meal should b the easiest ba..

Hv you got dates yet?

hulaar

thks for welcome .. toying wth idea of announcing via dinner for both sides but wondering if its too "rude" to spring such a surprise. the question has been popped but wondering if permission to marry shld still be upheld as a "rite of passage" in keeping with "tradition". hope not confusin anyone here. haha

re: dates
nothing confirmed yet. but june 2010 is confirmed, UNLESS banquet venue and or other surprise unhitches plans

happygirl198230

i think for the gal's parents, they may prefer to be asked for permission b4 u announce to both parents. just to let them feel that u respect them. ..

cymk

yup.. agree with happygirl... plus it will be weird if both side parents suddenly meet up for dinner... always better for them to be mentally prepared for the meet-up rather than having to second guess why they are doing it alto it's quite obvious...

hmmm.. juz wondering if dinner will be too noisy for such an announcement (for myself lah) =P

cymk

wah... it's so quiet in here.. guess there's only three of us for the time being

Hv your other half propose to you yet? Just wondering whether there's a best time for him to make the move kekeke

happygirl198230

yeah he did, on our aniversary at the place where he asked me to be his gf lor. hee.

he talked bout buying flat in feb. but i told him i dun wan to discuss this unless he proposed. then he said ok, ok... but i wasnt sure if he is serious or he was just asking bout e flat thing casually. then in april, he talked bout buying proposal ring and i realized he is serious! that was when i began to guess when he is really gonna propose... and on and off, i asked him how he was gonna propose to me. i din tell him how i wan him to propose but i told him i dun wan him to do it in front of a lot of ppl. nor do i wan him to do it in front of all my friends.

did u tell him what kind of proposal ring u want? i told him briefly but i refused to buy with him!
happy.gif

cymk

of course muz tell him what i want: As BIG as possible hahaha.. ya.. dun wan to buy with him either.. otherwise no surprise element i feel... anyway he alrdy knws my ring size n will get help from my diamond-crazy fren.. so i feel quite safe to let him go buy on his own...

Hv you decide where to stay? My bf has been staying in bukit merah most of his life n refusing to move out.. i m quite upset cos hses there all so ex.. then so limited new HDB.. sometimes I feel the govt not listening to newly-weds.. so difficult to get flats plus getting smaller and smaller.. then resale are out of range in established estates.. how to form family n contribute to the population...tsk tsk

happygirl198230

yeah it is very ex to get married nowadays. the hse is the killer and hv to pay so much COV too! my bf is staying in hougang so we will prolly try to find a resale ard there. i dun mind cos i am staying in the north now. hope to get a flat during the next WIS. i have never tried balloting for flats though. heard it is not easy... do u mind staying w his family? maybe it is possible to buy one in bukit merah when e price goes down...

cymk

The Long Shifu I went to stays at Lentor Loop.. Yio Chu Kang area... he sets aside a room in his house for this purpose.. he does more than marriage dates.. oso do personal fortunate telling.. fengshui for the house etc.. still rem when we went we had to wait for a previous couple.. then Long Shifu's family very cute.. try to make us feel comfy

Went to see an open-house over the weekend.. my goodness!! My bf's area now valuation at $570k.. ridiculous!! Even if buy at valuation.. every month still hv to top up cash until siao!

happygirl198230

we also went for 3 open house this weekend. they asked for 15k, 24k and 40k. the 40k house is very new. almost move-in condition no kidding. but we prefer to do our own reno. wow ur bf's area is really really exp. is it 5 room or wat? is it possible to get one at 400k+? 570k is really high... the seller's agent told us tt the valuation price will go higher. hope it is not true.
sad.gif

cornygal

hi gers:

seems tat we all have the same prob!!housing!!sighz..sad rite..i combed the entire sembawang already..all COV is sky high..sighz..actually i looking for a simple one with as low cash as possible..so that we can do reno outselves..haha...but dun seem to be feasible..sighz..

cymk: is long shi fu gd?hee..his charges are quite cheap i feel..compared to you long zi..

popomin

hi gers! *wave*

im new here.. my wedding date is June 2010 too. have u gers started ur research for venue, BS or PG/VG? i only starting to see look see look recently.

its so ex to get married nowadays, and with the flat too, its worst..
sad.gif

cymk

Hi Sharlene and Jenny, welcome!!

I have done some research on venues alrdy cos i thot i was gg to be a Dec09 BTB.. for BS I have narrowed down to 2 - french and GHA cos i like elaborate gowns but still cant decide.. gotta bring bf one day to see see whether he likes them as well... no clue for PG/VG as well altho my bf has some contacts *shrug*

Happy girl > dun be rushed by agents re. valuation going up.. maybe it will for now but it's expected tt 2009 will hv oversupply... price will go down slightly then cos valuation oso depend on recently transacted price in the area (more supply = lower prices).. ya i hv no choice cos my bf stays in bukit merah, considered central.. so ex lor.. but the $570k flat is really big.. 138sqm.. but it's damn old lah.. close to 30 yrs

cymk

Sharlene > I hv only gone to Long shifu so cannot compare with other shifus but i feel safe and comfortable w him.. plus he gives a little bit of character analysis based on our bazi n teaches us some of the 'procedures' e.g. Guo Da Li.. so i think he's not bad.. most imptly he gives dates till 2011 hahaha.. can use to choose ROM =P

He has a good reputation in this forum as well so no worries.. u r in good hands =)

cornygal

hi cmyk:

thanks!!heee..i hope so..haha..i already ROMed already..haha..juz wana get an AD date..wahahaha..eh..does he give dates for Guo Da Li etc???

happygirl198230

hey girls as u all might hv read somewhere, my ad changed to 12 dec le lor. so no more dec bride. but i still stick ard here lor... keke.

sharlene, e master i went to said aft we confirm the date we want fr e list he gave us, we can see him again for the other dates like an chuang, xia pin....

where did u rom? im also planning my rom in June 09. dunno where to go yet.

happygirl198230

cymk: ehh 138sqm really big leh. is tt 5 room or wat? so confirm buying hse in tt area? i haven even get an agent. did u get one or just looking ard on ur own first?

cornygal

Happy Girl: u changed ur AD to Dec 09 ah?hee..oo..icic..so the other dates like an chuang all these are separate charges?

I ROMed at Swissotel Merchant Court Poolside..haha..i like the place..=) can hold abt 40 pax..den i treated my guests to a hi tea buffet at the cafe downstairs..whats ur budget?U can try My Secret Garden at Middle Road..its v nice..but the price abit way out of my budget..i can show u my pics bfor Swissotel Merchant..=)

happygirl198230

sharlene,

yeah i think shld be separate charge lor. i'll see him again nearer the date.

i like swissotel too! but i think i will not be inviting so many guests. cos i calculated tt if we invite e relatives, then will be quite a lot of them. so we din wanna spend money 2 times. so we tot of just having a sit-down lunch/dinner for immediate families which is ard 10 ppl and book a private room at hotel restaurant.

but now think think. like quite lonely like tt leh. so tot of inviting more ppl, then invite them for hi tea buffet at marriot or swissotel merchant court. cos i see those standard rom package, the food is like very little. going downstairs to eat will be better.

but ask u ah, was the ceremony over very quickly? cos i read tt need to pay a few hundreds for the poolside then if aft tt straightaway go downstairs for buffet, isnt it waste money? my bf went secret garden and he said it is outdoor so very warm. haha. show me ur pics can? pm me?

cornygal

hi happy girl,

hah..the ceremony over v fast..but we hang ard to take pics and my guests mingled..hee..i wanted to invite my close frenz..tats y i choose this place..haah...i like swissotel merchant coz the food no need to think so much..juz eat wad the cafe provide..hahaha...=p..okiez..i have already pmed u the address for the pics!hee...

happygirl198230

weeeeeeeeeee! u look so happy! i think i might burst out crying loh!!! kekeke. did u buy that dress? or was it part of a rom package? did u engage a photographer? how's e package like?

cornygal

happy girl: haha..thanks!!haha..haiyoh!!eh..i din buy the rest..its rented..i got my rom package separately from this lady called sandy ho..she is my MUA too..heee..yah..i had a PG..the pics are hosted by my PG..=)) my ROM package is 268i think inclusive of rented dress, bouquet, makeup and hair..juz for myself only...hee..

happygirl198230

oh... im looking for a photographer now. my bf feels it is not necessary to engage one for rom but i tot i wan someone professional to take photos for us. can u pm me ur contacts for the photographer?

cymk

Happygirl > You are more than welcome to stay... still can share tips ma kekeke

Sharlene > Long shifu's dates can be used for all occasions e.g. Guo Da Li, An Chuang, ROM, AD cos those are your and your hubby's dates.. good for both of you... no need go back second time cos he give dates all the way till 2011.

My good fren had her ROM at My Secret Garden. She had her ROM in their courtyard and the buffet indoors in air-con.. the weather is quite good tt day so outdoor wasn't very hot...

I want to see the photos too!! can email me? Sharlene.. so you invited your frens only? I am still very confused whom to invite for ROM leh. What abt you Happygirl?

happygirl198230

i think most likely it will only be a 'close-knit' dinner between e 2 families. still considering if wanna invite a few friends. initially i tot of doing a more elaborate rom if going to hv ad at restaurant. but now ad is fixed at hotel so i think i wont spend so much on rom lor. u hv any photographer contacts?

cornygal

oh yah..my hubby also din wan to have the PG de..but i insisted on it..haha..so took a not too bad and quite reasonable price one..hahaha..

cornygal

cymk: hee..i love SG!!but too ex for me already..haha..i invited some close frenz and a few close relatives..heee...

happygirl198230

oh ok ok thanks sharlene. i think i better contact him after my venue for rom is fixed...

oh btw i think for hotel, u can actually try to negotiate w them to allow us to book our date for 2010. but must put deposit even though u dunno e price for 2010. if u r sure u wan e place regardless of the price then i guess u wont mind doing that...

happygirl198230

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>DAY</TD><TD>AD VENUE</TD><TD>ROOM</TD><TD>BS</TD><TD>AD PG</TD><TD>AD VG</TD><TD>ROM DATE</TD><TD>ROM VENUE</TD><TD>JP</TD><TD>MULTIPLY NICK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy Girl</TD><TD>12.12.10</TD><TD>Sun</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>GHA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.6.09</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>happygirl198230 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

cymk

haha.. no prob happy girl.. good to start one for the june BTBs as well =) I hv my AD and ROM dates but no other info yet =P

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone help to send me the contact of Long Shi Fu? My bf and I are planning to get married either 2010 or 2011 as our Punggol house will be ready by then. After reading this thread, Long Shi Fu seems very good by giving a list of dates till 2011, so super excited to go find him. Hehe~

Cheers,
Chingching

stariez

Hi all!

Are you looking for X'mas gifts for your loved ones? Look no more! Cos we have the lovliest cutie pies for them!

Visit our blog for more details.

Quote 'sgbrides' in your email for special promotions!

www.blingblingnight.blogspot.com

Wedding accessories (Swarovski Crstal) also avaliable!

sunshiny_missy

Hi all BTB,

i'm very new here! ;) me planning for jun wedding too. have u girls got a date and booked ur banquet and bridal package alrdy? my bf and i still considering whether to look for master to check our dates..

cletrica_song

Hipz, I'm June bride too!

Sunshine, I am booking Oriental hotel, bridal i think of using d'gio. how about you?

Anyone got recommendations for AD photography?